432 Users Online

Icarus's Life has only just begun — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf who has 314 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle
For @Clover  only please. Takes place midday on 3/23

Archer Valle

There had been a big scuttling under Archer's skin the last several days. He itched every time he thought about Kateri, about what they'd done. He wasn't ashamed - not of her, never of her. But that they hadn't asked. That they hadn't thought before just falling into themselves. Everything had been going so wrong and he just wanted to be with his friend, and then...

He was sure they would know. He'd rolled in the smelliest herbs he could find and stayed away from everyone. Even Eros. But he couldn't stay away forever, and there was too much at stake to try to lie. He was afraid of his da right now, afraid of hurting him more. He wasn't sure how Vayko would take it, and he definitely couldn't talk with Sharlee. He'd never been close with the rest of his family members.

That left just one, who happened to be leader and his second ma - even if he'd rarely ever referred to her as such.

Archer slowly approached the medicine den, where he hoped she might be. "Mama Clo?" he called, voice somewhat meek.

(This post was last modified: Mar 25, 2023, 04:27 AM by Archer.)

Archer is currently sticking close to Ally and she may appear in any of his threads
Played by Melorama who has 386 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater III. Medic
Clover Assana
While the heat scents of the two other females in the pack had not gone unnoticed, Clover had been busy dealing with the fallout of Sephrina's burial. Viorel was physically present and doing his duties, but his distinctive lack of mental awareness had her feeling somewhat frazzled. She wanted to discuss with him what to do next, or even just talk to each other like co-leaders should do, but his few word answers and brusque manner had her slightly distancing herself, if even just to avoid making him feel worse. If he wasn't ready to talk she wouldn't push him.

Archer's voice was welcome, if even just to quieten the myriad of thoughts in her mind. His tone was apprehensive, and so she put on a brave face for him before peeking her head out of the infirmary, not wanting him to worry about her on top of whatever had driven him to seek her out.

"Is something wrong?" Perhaps he just needed to talk about everything, but there was something off about him. The bitterness of old herbs still clung to his fur and had her slightly raising a brow. Clearly there was something else going on, but she didn't want to assume, and instead waited for him to continue speaking.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle

Archer Valle

To Archer's great relief Clover was here and he didn't have to keep looking. He didn't think he could afford to run into anyone else right now, especially his da. He couldn't do it.

He wasn't sure he could do this, and the words stuck in his throat. He lowered his eyes, looking anywhere but at his second ma - his leader. His leader who he'd betrayed.

"Mama Clo, I..." he sniffed, ears and tail drooping. He could barely even raise his head. "I messed up."

Archer is currently sticking close to Ally and she may appear in any of his threads
Clover Assana
Archer appeared... ashamed, which was not a state she would ever have associated with the boy, though now almost an adult himself. It was obvious he was avoiding looking her in the eyes, but as for why she didn't know.

Clover moved forward, fully exiting the infirmary, and it was then another smell wormed its way into her nostrils, barely perceptible against the bitter scent of herbs. Clearly Archer had not avoided Kateri, and she knew he knew there were consequences for such actions, but she would be fair and hear what he had to say before making any type of judgement.

"Tell me what happened." She was not mad at him, but her voice was firm as she spoke. He was not a child anymore and didn't need to be coddled, but he didn't deserve to be berated with no chance to speak up for himself.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle

Archer Valle

He knew the moment she smelled it through his poor disguise. The old herbs only had so much scent to them after all, and her smell was so strong. Mama Clo wasn't stupid. Her demeanor changed as she approached him, but she didn't immediately yell. Didn't immediately cast him out of his home. His home he'd thought about leaving, told Eros he would... but now that he was faced with being forced out, banished... He wasn't ready.

When Modesto had been banished Archer had been sure he would never suffer her fate. He would never do anything to anger his Da like that - and yet here he was. He'd lost control - him, who'd fought for it since the day he was born.

He sniffed again and sagged further under Clover's stern gaze. "We didn't mean to... it just... happened. She's my best friend and with Da being- empty, and Seph and Isla- I just wanted to be with my friend. She smelled so good and we were sitting together and I just... didn't think." He looked up at his second ma. "We didn't mean to break the rules... but we did."

Clover Assana
She was quiet as Archer explained what had happened, keeping her expression neutral the entire time. It was understandable that he had sought comfort in a friend, especially given Viorel withdrawing into himself completely, but it did not excuse what he and Kateri had done. It was evident they had not intended for the outcome, but it had happened and there was no taking it back.

Clover met his gaze with an unusually serious expression, lacking her usual soft smile she always wore. She was not mad at him, couldn’t be mad at him with all the recent events, but there was a sense of disappointment in her demeanour. At the very least he was owning up to what he did and taking responsibility for his actions.

”Thank you for telling me Archer,” she began with an even tone, then paused with a deep intake of air. ”I know you didn’t mean for this to happen, but it did, and now you’ll have to face the consequences of your and Kateri’s actions.” If it was just up to her she would let them both stay but be dropped to the lowest ranks and be required to put in extra work to feed the extra mouths that would appear. The social pressure of everyone knowing what has happened would be punishment enough. But she had to take Viorel’s thoughts into account, and so could not dole out the consequences without consulting him first, if he would even say more than a few words.

”You have to tell your father.” Clover had no idea what his reaction would be, but she had a feeling it would not be pleasant given his current state of mind.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle

Archer Valle

Clover was silent and unreadable as Archer spoke. He wished she would make a face, twitch an ear, anything so he could gauge a reaction, but she remained staunchly neutral. It wasn't until he was done speaking that she finally showed him something: disappointment. Anger might have been easier. She'd been his mentor, his second ma, even though he'd resisted it for so long. They'd grown apart over the last year, with how busy everything had been, but he was still fond of her and she was still his family. Her disappointment hurt.

He nodded and looked away again, shoulder hunching as he curled in on himself. "I know," he said. "I want him to hear it from me, and not figure it out on his own... I'm just afraid of hurting him more. He warned me... and I thought I would be okay. I thought I had better self control." he took a deep breath to steady himself before painfully meeting Clo's eye. "I'll tell him first thing in the morning." he'd left it long enough.

Clover Assana
Her words had an effect on Archer, evident by the way he curled in on himself, eyes downcast and looking away. She didn't want to have to act so unlike her usual self, but there was no room for coddling and doting now. It was far too serious for that. But even then, she did not have the heart to be callous or cruel. He deserved better than that, and she would always offer up an ear to listen as objectively as she could.

"Not telling him would hurt him more, he should hear it form you." Clover agreed with Archer's plan, even though the best choice would have been to seek Viorel out immediately. But at least he would go break the news to his father willingly. That would be the first step in trying to atone for his actions, and she could only hope Viorel would err on the side of leniency in his decision.

She then stepped closer to him, not quite close enough to touch, and peered around to try and meet his gaze once more. The flicker of disappointment was still present in her eyes, but her expression softened just a touch. "Is there anything else I should know about?" Clover wanted to make sure he wasn't leaving anything important out that might be helpful to know, just in case Viorel wanted to discuss the situation with her.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Archer Valle

Archer Valle

Archer felt a little better for having spoken to his other ma, but anxiety did still gnaw at his belly. Whatever the punishment would be, it would not be pleasant. He wasn't looking forward to facing his da. Then again, with how his da had been lately, maybe there would be nothing. Maybe da would simply dismiss him with a disappointed grumble and go back to moping about. Archer missed Sephrina too, but he couldn't help but feel abandoned by his da.

He shook his head and stepped back. "I just... I miss Sephrina, and ma. And I even miss da too. I feel like he's gone away with everyone else and left us here to deal with it all on our own. And I'm scared. I don't... I don't know what I'm going to do, or how to be a da. But... I'm ready to step up. As long as I have Kateri, and you and Eros, I know everything will be okay." He hoped da would be okay too.

Now Archer turned away. "Thanks ma," he said to his mentor, his other ma, as he slipped away, mind racing. Da loved Seph more than he loved Archer, but he wouldn't want to lose any more of his children, right? He wouldn't really kick Archer out, not with pups on the way. Everything would be okay.

EXIT

Clover Assana
His next words further tore at her heartstrings, and more than anything she wanted to tell him everything would be okay and things would work out, but she didn't want to promise a lie. Clover had so much parental advice she wanted to tell him, and reassurances that he didn't have to be perfect at it since it was such a steep learning curve. But she found herself unable to open her mouth and speak, leaving her standing there silently as the young wolf slipped away.

His last words had her gaze turning sad as she watched him leave. Thanks ma. Though not a child by blood he was like a son to her, him and Eros, even if she had never actually said it aloud. He'd called her mother multiple times in the past, but for some reason this time it pulled at her heart strings.

When his dark form disappeared between the trees she turned to her infirmary, deciding she needed to do something to clear her head before the discussion that would be had the next day.

Fade