(See All?) Announcements
252 Users Online
Aquene, Bing, Google

if boys don't learn, men won't know — Dead Empress Backwater 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tasha who has 305 posts.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko
For Rochus, set after the healing thread, after the conception thread, but before Clover's scent changed

Anger burned deep in his gut… the man masquerading as his uncle had attacked him when his back was turned… a move he had not expected from anyone who called themselves a member of the Backwater. He had won fair and square and the Halex had turned to brutal and backstabbing tactics in order to hold onto his throne.

There was only one man he could speak to about this… someone he seldom sought advice from for recognizing that he had a conniving streak… Vayko had sought to be his own man, but in this instance, the enraged Valle needed the wisdom of his own family, his father, in order to cement his plans.

He hobbled, with a limp, wincing at his movements as he sought out the man, his head dipping out of respect. “Father…” He trailed for a moment, the pain clear in his voice, but also the rage. “Father… I need your help. I need your counsel.” He would state simply as he stared the man down, though without meeting his eyes.

“It’s about the Halex.” He could not even bring himself to say the man’s first name. The man had made a fool of him, but never again. He would seek his revenge, no matter the cost.

Vayko Valle
Played by Melorama who has 99 posts.
Dead Empress Backwater IV. Advisor
Rochus Ward
Rochus had heard his son coming before the familiar form came into view, hobbling along like a wounded coyote, but with something fiery burning in his golden gaze. At the very least his son gave him the respect that Rochus'  rank as a second demanded.

His brows raised slightly at Vayko's words. Clearly something was bothering his son, enough that for the first time in what felt like a lifetime he was willingly asking for help. Normally Rochus would see asking for help as a weakness, but since it would be benefitting him he had no qualms about him.

Lip curling in distaste at the mere mention of Vasco's last name, Rochus snorted in response. It seemed the both of them had something against Vasco, and perhaps that was all Rochus needed to get an in with his son.

"What has the wolf done now?" His gaze was steady as he stared at his son, wanting more information before properly agreeing to anything. Clearly it was something dastardly, based on Vayko's current state of being.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

Jaws snapped as he recalled what had happened, the man seeming to hone in on the fact that the Halex had locked in on all of it. “He attempted to murder me after I bested him in a rank challenge.” He stated with a hint of a growl, his own disdain not only for the fact that he had been caught off guard but also for the fact that the man had nearly taken his life.

One thing he was clear: he was angry. He was pissed, and it would not be fading any time soon. “I want to make him pay.” He would state, his gaze finally rising to cast upon his father. “And I know that you can teach me how.” It was personal, and for once he was not trying to assert himself over his father and claim superiority, but instead seeking his aid, as allies rather than estranged family or even worse, foes.

Rochus Ward knew a thing or two about making others pay… and it was time for the son to follow in the father’s footsteps.

Vayko Valle
Rochus Ward
His brows raised comically high at Vayko's explanation. Murder? That was a little steep, although considering Vasco's prior history it shouldn't have been too surprising.

"Sounds like something he'd do," Rochus said after composing himself, snorting again in disdain. Of course the smaller wolf would do something as weaselly as that, and it just made his contempt for his... foe of sorts, all that more prominent. To go after his own flesh and blood was not too dissimilar from personally attacking Rochus, and he wouldn't stand for that.

Two sets of golden eyes met each other, and although Vayko's brimmed with bubbling anger, Rochus appeared stone-like, with the exception of his still crinkled muzzle at the mere thought of Vasco. "I'll teach you what I know," he said in approval, accepting his son's plea for help. He would have to be one hell of a bastard to refuse his son in his lowest moment.

"But only when you're better." He was not going to risk facing the wrath of Vayko's chosen mate, as though small she may be he could tell she had some fight to her.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko

Perhaps Vayko had been a fool to believe that Vasco would ever submit… he supposed he had thought the man had a shred of honor but it was clear that he had none. Though he might have the rank, Vayko knew he still held the moral high ground over him… and that was something Vasco would never be able to earn back from him.

He stated that he would teach him, a hint of pride in his eyes to know that his father would teach him… that he could still rely on his father where all other members of his family had failed him. Rochus, as it would turn out, would be the one who could steer him down the correct path.

But only when you’re better. That part, however, did not sit well with Vayko… there was a desire in him to begin now, not knowing when Vasco might try to finish the job. “The man tried to disembowel me… he might try to strike again while I am down yet.” Perhaps to silence him… it set him on edge, and the fringes of his paranoia lingered under the surface, revealing themselves in that moment.

Vayko Valle
Rochus Ward
The crinkling of his muzzle turned into a proper silent snarl as Vayko continued to explain exactly what Vasco had done. Such an act could only be described as attempted murder, and within pack lands under Viorel's own nose at that. Given the other mans suspicious past Rochus was not surprised he would try such an act, but to do it within a protected area spoke volumes about his character. Or lack thereof.

"Not while I'm still around," Rochus said with a sneer before finally smoothing the snarled expression into a mere look of distaste. Whatever personal feelings he had about his own son would not stop him from protecting his own flesh and blood, and if Vasco wanted to try anything like that again he would have to go through him first.

"Are you going to bring this matter to Viorel?" Rochus was not about to go blabbing to the man himself, not even if he thought Viorel would believe him in the first place. But Vayko had a closer connection with him.
Lone Wolf No Rank
Vayko
Your toxic I'm slipping under

With a taste of your lips, I'm on a ride

Vayko had no way to know his father’s true feelings on anything, instead taking the sneer and the look of distaste as some noble love and protection of his son. The man pushed his chest out a little more, a hint of a wince on his features though through it shined a fierce determination. Not while I’m still around. He felt better knowing that he had his father’s support in the matter, and that it would be difficult for Vasco to gain the drop on him when he was still recovering.

At the mention of Viorel, he wondered if perhaps he should. He shook his head. “I will leave such a matter to Clover.” He decided in the moment, before deciding to dive into it more. “Viorel and I’s relationship has not been the same since I returned with Vanadis in tow… Clover saw my injuries, knows they are from Vasco… and she is a colead he trusts unwaveringly. It would be best for her to address the matter rather than me.” He expounded more upon his logic.

In his mind at least, Clover would have more success than him with his cousin. In part due to his own stubbornness, he never really knew where he stood with Viorel anymore… there had been a lack of effort on his part to fix it as well, which only truly worsened matters.