542 Users Online
Google, Neo, Bing, Viorel

Over the River and Through the Woods — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Sunny 64 degrees noon.

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/230/6/f/6fdf36f22e24f95e36c07739cb8591a2-d5bkwky.jpg) bottom center no-repeat #003377; outline: 5px solid #003377; border: 1px solid #fff;" valign="top">
The silvery wolf trotted slowly through the territory back to Willow Ridge packs
den. It was her duty to help feed the pack, and the young she wolf was indeed
doing her job. A limp turkey hung from her jaws as she padded closer to the den shielded
by elegant willows. The flood had done quite a bit of damage but thanks to the pack and
Skana's quick thinking with the "drain" idea Willow Ridge's den was saved from being
completely filled with mud.

Dust collected on the ends of the turkeys tail feathers as they dragged along
underneath the female wolf. Her head and tail was held high with pride. She'd managed to
catch a bird. The gray girl wondered if any other wolf had caught a bird mid flight before.
The male gobbler had just been taking off when she managed to leap on it.

Turning into the freshly excavated den Narimé trotted proudly through and deposited
her catch onto Reed's fish that overflowed the cache pile along with the deer meat from
Skana and Kyries hunt. At least the wolves of Willow Ridge would eat well for the next few months.

Narimé turned her silver head to gaze around the den. Most of it had been
freshly dug out by now. Though some spots could be dug out a little more to make it
more neat. At least that was what the girl saw from her perspective. Especially down
the other edge of the den where Elettra and Kyrie's healing herbs would be placed.
So instead of loafing around Narimé decided to do something with herself. If I do nothing
then all I will think about is Da... I really shouldn't be thinking about him so often. It distracts
me from more important stuff.
She told herself while padding slowly to the far end of the den.
The smell of freshly picked herbs wafted from this area and tickled the girls powerful nose.
However the scent of wolf also permeated the area. Narimé was aware that another wolf
was being treated by Elettra and her friend Kyrie, but she had never actually met the female.
She'd only seen her a few times (one of the more recent times being during the flooding).

<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"Hello? You still in here?" Narimé poked her head around
the sandy corner looking around curiously with blue eyes. Was it okay if she talked with the
packs company? The girl noted the scent of the wolf. A weak scent of Copper Rock Creek
pack came from her. Maybe she would know Pakuna? Narimé remembered the curious
female she'd met by the creek. She wondered how the older woman was doing.
code by bryony

Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">The flood had succeeded in wearing one little Copper Rock Creek wolf out. It was as if the nightmare she had already lived once had reformed in her mind. Sleep had refused to overtake her for yet another night, and her eyes were blood shot and dry. After the flood she had happily seen Koda in his gallant return and been more than thrilled to take a place by his side for awhile. But now that the wolves seemed to be getting back into their own routine Nina was once again stuck in the infirmary. Kyrie was no where to be seen for the day, and Nina was generally curious as to where the healer apprentice had been off to. She hadn’t seen the girl since the flood and she had been quite worried about her for a long period of time. She was sure that soon she would see her though, she hadn’t heard any bad chatter around the area of any of the Willow Ridge members.

Today her silence would be disturbed, and the lack of socialization was starting to get her into a down mood, so she was more than happy for the distraction. Her head turned slightly towards the entrance to the infirmary and her tail wagged a short few times. Today she was not shocked by another’s voice, even though it was on her blind side, she was just too out of the rightful mind to do anything about it. A small tired smile was drawn on her face and her golden head tilted slightly to the side. Her throat cleared slightly and her front paws slid underneath her supporting her front shakily so she could speak with another members of the Ridge. Her mouth parted and a small melody escaped it, "Yes. Yes. Please, come."
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
I just realized that last post looked totally screwed over. Sorry about that. XP
<br><br>
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/230/6/f/6fdf36f22e24f95e36c07739cb8591a2-d5bkwky.jpg) bottom center no-repeat #003377; outline: 5px solid #003377; border: 1px solid #fff;" valign="top">
<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"I'm sorry to be bothering you, but I thought that the corner over there could be spruced up a little." She smiled trying to keep her eyes off the females face and body. She looked like hell. Scars all over along with the hurt leg. Narimé wondered what happened to the Copper Rock Creek wolf to have made so many injuries along her pelt. Of course, Narimé was learning that some questions were better left unasked. Her meeting with Sica had taught the young female this. However curious she might be it was both rude and an annoyance to ask wolves about their personal histories. So the silvery yearling kept her yap shut.

Perhaps it was a good thing that during the night of the flood Narimé had been to busy diggin to notice Koda hovering over Nina protectively. The girl probably would have had many questions about that sight, and even though she knew it would have been rude; Narimé would have had to know what was really going on. However she did not notice the pairs closeness. Elettras secret of not having a real mate would stay a secret from Narimé at least. Though some of the other Willow Ridge members may have already guessed at the female alphas odd situation.

Skipping over to the other side of the den Narimé surveyed the now rock hard mud that was caked up all along the sides and floor of the rugged den. Scraping at the dried muck with her claws the girl set to work on tidying up the corner. She was glad that the other female wasn't annoyed by her coming in. She even seemed happy that I came in... I wonder.. I guess I would be bored sitting there all day too without anyone to chat with. Narimé thought quietly then paused with her work and looked over her shoulder at the lady.

<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"My name is Narimé Lagina. May I ask what yours is miss?" The girl asked politely then began scraping at the wall again.
code by bryony

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">Her emerald eye watched the younger girl carefully, her head tilted curiously to the side. Narimé? Had she heard of this female before. . .? Perhaps not. She smiled kindly mentioning with her head for the member of Willow Ridge to come in and relax with her. The girl’s scent smelt vaguely familiar, as if she had smelt the girl on another wolf’s pelt before? Perhaps it had been Koda’s, that would have made sense. They were pack mates. When the girl asked of her name her mouth opened and before she could stop her mind from speaking the mistake was out, "Ah. My name in Nina Reinier." She did not realize her mistake at first, for she had been so used to saying the name to strangers. She no longer welcomed her last name. . .it slightly scared her to think she had ever been one of them.

In truth, Nina had not realized her slip up, she was already high on herbs and it was hard for her to manage to think of her mistake. Nothing registered in her head that involved her speaking her mate’s name. Her tail wagged slightly as she looked over the younger female. She seemed like a good built hunter. Perhaps she was one. . .Nina would not know, but perhaps later she would ask if the opportunity allowed itself. Her brain did not process anything besides the female’s name and scent. She seemed nice and kind enough, she hadn’t jumped on Nina and ripped her throat out. She took that as a good sign.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé paused in her digging. Nina Reinier? How is that name familiar? Something
was ringing in her head telling the she wolf that she should know that name, but for the life of her Narimé coudn't remember the importance of the ending Reinier.

She was just about finished with the one corner, Though the sides of the den still had to be dug out more thoroughly. Narimé remembered that she had met one other wolf from Copper Rock Creek. Pakuna Atea. Even though Nina is here she should still know if Pakuna's doing well right? The silvery wolf turned her head, stopping her construction work, and sat down smiling warmly towards Nina.

<b style="color:#FFFFFF"> "I know a wolf from your pack. I wonder if you know whether she's okay or not? Her name was Pakuna Atea I believe." Narimé wagged her tail a little. She rarely got to see any of the wolves she'd previously met in Lore since there were so many and they all lived so far away. The young woman was pretty sure that she wouldn't see most of those acquaintences and friends that often. Especially when she was busy with pack stuff to do. There were so many new members in the pack that Narimé and the other hunters had their work cut out for them.

The girl was still being irked by the sound of Nina's name. Reinier...Reinier..Where have I heard that? Is she related to a wolf I met somewhere? No one had the name Reinier. Narimé began to list the names of all the wolves she knew wondering if the name would come up in her mind at some point.
code by bryony

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">The golden lady stood perfectly still, her good eye watching the small form in front of her work busily in the den, while she sat there useless as ever. Her head tilted slightly as she waited for a response from the Willow Ridge member. And when words finally came out of her mouth a small smile tugged at the edges of her lips. Pakuna? Ah. . .how she had appreciated her friend. Last time she had seen her had been right after she had settled down with the rest of her family after the flood, and as soon as everything had been situated, she had traveled back into the willow. Her head then rested back on her paws, her emerald eye watching Narimé carefully, as if she were nervous. "Last time I saw Pakuna she was fairing quite well. She has been promoted to Second."

The sadness of knowing that Volkan had disappeared had haunted her slightly. First Kanosak and now her? It seemed now things were getting cluttered up in her head. She hadn’t seen Koda or Elettra much after the flood and she was quite curious as to how they were doing. Her brows creased when she asked her next question, "How are Elettra and Koda doing after the flood? Quite busy, I suppose." Her voice gave away nothing and her emerald eye stayed innocent, as if she were just looking out for the pack. But she also wanted to know how Koda was feeling.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé was surprised to hear that the wolf she'd spoken with, Pakuna, had been made second of her pack. The young female saw Pakuna as strong, but the woman had been very kind and patient as well. Remy, Willow Ridge's second was patient but harsh. Nari just couldn't seePakuna being the second of a pack.

<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"That's great to hear!" She smiled and her tail twitched wagging a few times before settling over her front paws while she sat.

Nina then asked about the alphas. Narimés eyes widened when the woman said Koda's name. Koda Renier! That's where I've heard the name before! Why am I so stupid I should have known that from the beginning! But...Why do they both have the same last name? Is Nina Koda's sister? Or...But.. Well it's possible for them to be in two different packs. Maybe that's why Elettra allowed her to stay for so long. but.. Narimé tried to wrap her mind around the fact that Nina and Koda both had the same last name. She believed that they were brother and sister, but doubt clawed at her heart. Curiosity began to chip away at the young wolf. She wanted to ask the woman if Koda was her brother, but at the same time Narimé didn't want to pry into Nina's business.

<b style="color:#FFFFFF">".Ummm.. Well Koda and Elettra are fine, just busy. Esecially after the flooding.." She resisted the urge to ask questions. Nari knew that she would always ask too many questions,but this woman seemed to be the type to not mind being asked questions.

The silvery young woman couldn't hold back anymore.

Tilting her head to the side Narimé glanced to the kind woman and spoke her mind.<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"Are you.. like... Koda's sister?" She asked politely tring to look as small as possible in her place upon the dusty ground. She didn't want to bug Nina but she had to at least ask this question.
code by bryony

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">With the girl’s reaction to Pakuna’s placement, Nina nodded, a small smile planted on her face. Not many of her family members had been present for her to know of their changes since the flood. But Pakuna had been one that Nina was sure of, making her the new third. She was no longer the lowest of the low in the pack, for she was now equals with another, something she respected highly of. Her ears pricked when she got the answer to her next question and she nodded her head pleased. Of course they were busy, they were probably trying to sort everything out, her just being another nuisance within the pack trying to help but being unable to do so. Her head turned towards Narimé when she spoke again, confusion deep within Nina’s eye.

What was she talking about?? The girl’s head shook in negative to the question before she spoke, "No. Not at all. Why would you think that?" Her brain still was not processing correctly and her eye brows furrowed in concentration. Why was this girl being so confusing? Koda and her were mates, not brother and sister, but how would she know in the first place? Nina had only mentioned her first name hadn’t she? Hrer head tilted slightly, confusion clear on her face. Why couldn’t she think?

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé was all at once confused again. What does she mean by that? She just said her name was Nina Renier right? Or am I just loosing my brains? But she...did..say that? The girl closed her eyes and replayed their conversation in her head. Yes...she did say that was her full name. Blue eyes opened glancing at Nina then around the cave. Herbs were packed neatly in their own places around the crevices. However Narimé spied bits of old dried leaves around where Nina should have been sleeping. Walking closer to the bedding area the yearling tentatively sniffed the herbs trying not to get too close to the woman. Then she backed up and looked long and hard at Nina.

Well I guess Elettra and Kyrie have had to give her a lot of herbs. Maybe they can do things to you if you eat to much of them at a time. Narimé began to giggle and laugh.<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"How much of those herbs have they been giving you?" She asked smiling widely. For Nina to forget what she'd said not even two minutes ago, Nari chuckled.<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"But really... You just told me before that your name is Nina Reinier so..." She stopped suddenly. If Nina isn't Koda's sister, then what is she to him? The answer was beginning to dawn upon the young wolf. Her chuckles subsided and the smile on her face was changed to a serious but slightly curious face. Koda is mates with Elettra right? That was the only thought running through the yearlings head at that moment.

Narimé sat down. Her tail was stiff and she closed her eyes to think. The gravity of the information the young wolf finally knew set her mind to work. Nina had Koda's last name. Elettra didn't even though she was supposed to be mates with him. Nina was not Koda's sister, plus she was too young to be his mother so... his mate then? Nari thought more about it. However she tried to think through clearly. Koda might be the male alpha and Elettra the female, but they are not mates? Even so... That explains why Elettra is still being generous to a wolf from a different pack. Since she's mates with Koda.

<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"But...I thought the alpha pair had to be mates?" Nari didn't realize that she had just spoken out loud in front of Nina. She was too wrapped up in her discovery to think in a smart fashion. The young woman looked up to Nina and smiled again. So what if she's Koda's mate... I.. I mean.. Nothing that bad could happen from this..right? She tried to tell herself in order to calm down. Of course I could be jumping to a really big BIG conclusion.. She thought quietly while looking back to the ground. Narimé definately had to ask Elettra about this later just to make sure it was true. Though Nari wasn't sure if she'd be in trouble for finding out.Stop thinking like that! I keep jumping to conclusions! She just happens to have the same last name as Koda that's all! She chuckled to herself still unable to look Nina in the eye.
code by bryony
(This post was last modified: Oct 09, 2012, 12:58 AM by Narimé.)

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;">Her head turned slightly from side to side, humming her old little tune to herself. She giggled slightly in the process, her fangs sliding from her lips slightly. A small growl escaped her mouth as she did so, a playful one it was. Her tail started to wag slightly, her behind wagging with her. Her head tilted slightly her mouth opening in answer, "Quite many!! Oh, quite so many!" And then the hysterical laughter started. It would not start and to the point where she didn’t hear anything else the younger female was saying. She tried her hardest to stop the annoying sound from echoing out of her mouth, but it seemed to her that the attempts would fail.

After several more moments of laughter she finally stifled it. Her mouth once again opened and as if confirming some of her own thoughts she said, "Koda and I know each other very well though." She would never notice her slip ups, nor would she be likely to remember them if they were ever brought up again. She was soon licking her front paw and drawing it over her ears again. She didn’t know why, but she wanted so badly just to jump into a creek and swim. It was something she had been incapable of doing ever since she had been attacked. Though so far, Elettra had been doing a pretty good job on healing her leg.
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »