(See All?) Announcements
857 Users Online
Google, Bing, Finley, Jadon

no wrong or right — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
directed the night of this. for skana only, please.
She was bloodied, but not of any blood of her own. Though not cloaked in the metallic red, it stained the gray rimming of her muzzle, she tasted it still on her tongue. The scent could have been picked up easily - this was not the blood of any prey animal, but the scent of a wolf. Elettra dips her head within the confines of her den, it's form made of large rocks formed together over many years which had parted from the mountain itself who knows how long ago. The mouth of the Willow Ridge den was wide and although dry now, still had much to fix. The Infirmary was still very much lacking and work on the secondary storage had yet to begin. Time had been kept to clearing out debris and forming an angle up to the den opening so that a flooding may never occur again.
She sighs deeply, licking the blood at her mouth and her silvery gaze searches the den. There is slumbering, a wild mix of scents of her brethren that she could not exactly tell whom was here and whom was not. "Skana- if you are in there, come with me. I seek your council." It is only this which she speaks and a moments pause, before the dark woman pulls back away from the opening of her den and pads off a bit into the sparse forestry which made up their home, north of a slow flowing river which in the silence of this night, could be heard in the distance.
(This post was last modified: Oct 06, 2012, 10:45 PM by Elettra.)
Played by Kydnt who has 95 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Skana Coho
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/skanapaint.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 15px; padding-bottom: 65px; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px;">
The shared warmth of the pack surrounded around her like a shroud of comfort, reminiscent of her better days with home and family. Sleep had nearly engulfed her when Skana heard her name called from the entrance of the den. The timing was a little inconvenient, but it was the inconvenience of the request which spoke of some importance. A paltry issue wouldn't be worth waking up an old woman in the middle of the night, after all. The Lady had already made her exit from the stony cave, and Skana moved at her own pace to rise and follow, picking her way carefully around sleeping huddles of fur as she did so. It was as she trailed Elettra into the surrounding woods that Skana caught the smell of stranger's blood, somewhat dried yet still clinging to her leader's fur. No paltry issue, indeed.

A few quick strides of her long limbs brought her up near Elettra's side rather than trailing behind. Her eyes skimmed across Elettra's flank, her perfunctory inspection catching no damage among the coal and ash colored fur. Her own eyesight couldn't much be trusted anymore, but from what she could tell, her leader was unharmed. Her curiosity was piqued at just what had gone on, but assumed she would very soon hear about all of it. Whether it was to keep from waking others, or to keep whatever there was to discuss secret, Skana waited before they had made it some distance before she spoke. The night was strangely still, and even the nearby brook seemed to be hushed. "What's happened?" She asked in murmured tones, neither demanding nor prying.

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
She is silent in the night air, her ears perked high on her skull, twisting to the sounds of the river, flowing delicately ahead of them. Every so often a deep breath and sigh could be heard from her fellow companions in slumber, but nothing to suggest that they had been roused from their sleep. Soon, as they moved, even her pack mates would not be heard - not even a scurry of a critter played on the cool wind.
Once they are far enough away, hidden within the long, drooping willows of her home, Elettra sits. Her silver attention shifts, from the corner of her gaze watching as Skana looks over her thick curves for injury. Elettra holds back the smile, these subtle signs of her members all Elettra needs to be certain of where their care and devotion lies. So Elettra too takes the opportunity to look over the older woman. She is war harden, from her scars to her one clouded eye, to even the dark shade of her coat. All of which reminded her of the mothers, even her own mother, which Elettra had been raised around. Strong, determined, passionate for which they believed. They were certainly not the petite, flawless woman which had originally been the tradition of her pack to breed with - white, "pure" women. The shade of their coat reflects their soul.... Elettra, dark as she was and settled at the side of another dark woman, smirked at the tradition now.
"I have recently allowed a man within our home whom I do not trust...." She begins with a deep breath before continuing. "His name is Kiche, and he had long ago betrayed my former pack, and more so even deeper, our leader - Jaysyek, of Grizzly Hollow." She allows Skana to take this in a moment, the name and name of the leader which she was speaking of, as well as revealing what pack she had been a part of in these lands before branching off to form her own. "He has come to our boarders, to fall before me and beg for penance, to be reprimanded for his sins and try and form some kind of worth in this. The lowest wolf to me is a wolf whom gains my trust and breaks it. This man is not this, for he has never gained my trust. Has never even gained my alliance in any form despite our previous shared home. So...I have allowed him entry to Willow Ridge. I have no faith he will succeed in his mission, but if I am to be the Hollow's vengeance for what he has done, then that is enough for me." She admits this, revealing that she had not allowed Kiche into her pack as to give Kiche a second chance and prove himself, but to only make him pay for what he had previously done.
"He has been handed rules: he is not allowed to feed from the pack's cache, but must seek scraps within or outside the lands, or hunt for himself. He may not sleep within the pack den, and if caught anywhere near, is to be attacked for it. I would advise all members to keep their guard around him, for he is not to be trusted. Narime, Gabrielle, Kyrie... I don't want them alone right him. Inform the others, and if you seek out Remy before I've the chance, allow her the details I have given you now." After telling Skana of the boundaries in which Kiche had been handed, as well as for her to try to 'pass it on' as soon as possible, Elettra went on with why she had called her, specifically, here. Not just to tell her about it, but to let her know and get her opinion on the situation. Skana...I want to know if you think I've made the right call." Silence then, allowing the older woman to be truthful upon the situation, despite the decision Elettra had made on her own. After all, though Kiche was only one wolf and broken at that, he was still a treat to the pack none the less. Was it worth it, or would it be best to kick him out by morning? Elettra waited, allowing the woman to speak, to question - anything. Perhaps what exactly Kiche had done? Why Elettra cared so much to defend the Hollow still? Elettra's ears and mind was open.
Inactive Deceased
Skana Coho
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/skanapaint.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 15px; padding-bottom: 65px; padding-left: 20px; padding-right: 20px;">
Skana's notched ears perked up as Elettra began to speak, taking in her words with a silent, yet thoughtful expression. The mention of betrayal caused a stiffening of her stance and her black lips pulled back into a thin line. She had her own opinions on betrayal, yet tried to hold those thoughts back to judge the situation unprejudiced.

“If he could not be trusted before, and cannot be trusted much now…” She began before trailing off. She breathed deeply, letting the scents of the night and the cool air of autumn fill her lungs. She didn't speak immediately, but rather she closed her eyes. A moment of silence was held as she thought, recalling past experience and intuition. As a ruler, Skana was accustomed to acting rather than speaking. Seldom did she have to justify her own thoughts before doing something. But she was not the head of this pack, Elettra was. If her leader was depending on her advice, Skana wanted to be sure of her own words before she spoke them. Finally her eyes opened, her amber gaze meeting Elettra's silver gilded visage. “How can we let him into our lands without such trust? By your rules given, he would not be living with us as equals. Yet he would be still among us. You would gain retribution, and he his atonement. Why is it your duty to be his punishment? Why does Grizzly Hollow not punish him, if it is them who he has wronged? Is there some redeeming quality about him, that makes it advantageous for us to keep him with us? Rather than, say, killing him?" If this Kiche was some sort of traitor or outlaw, she couldn't advocate letting him loose unto the land at large.

"What does the pack stand to gain from this? And why is it that we cannot trust him? Just what is the nature of his betrayal?" She finished with her questions. She couldn't really make any definite judgments of the man before she heard just what it was that he had done. She wondered just how serious his failings were, as they were apparently enough to caution the other women of Willow Ridge to be careful around him. It was not only for Elettra's sake did she ask these things, but for the sake of her pack mates. There was a difference between making the right decision for oneself, and making the right decision for the good of many. Skana hoped that she might help Elettra find that balance.

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
THIS POST MAKES ME FEELS EMOTIONS TO DEEP. SO DEEP I FEELS. D: POOR ELETTRA. WHY JAYSYEK? WHHHHYYYY!?!

Elettra listened, her body held high in her stance of absolute royal nobility. She knew herself to be the ruler, the founder, and the creator of this pack which all her wolves lived within now and knew that her word was law, none the less. Though this position of being an Advisor was just as this and Elettra felt as though getting the option of an older wolf, particularly one whom had ruled for years before her time, was not a bad idea. Skana was to put placed into this position for a reason and Elettra trusted her with it.
She listens, nodding deeply to the woman's words, thinking over each and every question for which Skana had. It became very obvious that if Skana is to offer her direct and honest opinion, then she would need to know all the details of this event, not just the vague bits Elettra had offered to begin with. Killing him had many a time crossed the thoughts of Elettra Archer, even so when he had just shown up at her doorstep not but hours ago. Surely, killing him would be the easy route, but not only did Elettra wish him to suffer, she did not wish for Jaysyek to see her as the murderous monster others within the pack had willed her to see for so long now.
"I cannot fathom any particular gain Willow Ridge may harbor in Kiche's stay, then perhaps letting off a bit of steam at the expense of his own torment." She speaks honestly, admitting she could not understand a way to which Kiche would ever be beneficial to the whole of the pack. It was her own selfish desires which had allowed him to stay. Her own needs to gain retribution for the crimes he had committed, which he would not find within the Hollow. Only a slap on the wrist quickly after a 'I forgive you' would be offered there. Sighing, the woman shifts in her placement, ears perking high on her skull to the muted sound of the river down hill. Her silvery attention drifts to the older, scarred woman painted in chocolate. She'd offer Skana all she knew.
"Kiche's first offense lies with the first time I had met him, hauled up in the heart of the pack's den. I offered my assistance with our current second, to drag him out for what I believe was to be punished for disobeying out leader, Jaysyek. He attacked both Vlarindara and I, before making a run for it from the Hollow, to which he was caught and punished. It is here, I learned that he could not be trusted as a loyal member, having assaulted his members." Back then, all the wolves he would encounter were 'heathens' and surely Jaysyek was the leader of the cult. "He and I never got along. I am certain he thinks I'm the very being of hell itself - he is quite the religious freak and any ounce of aggression is a 'heathens' bidding, you see...." The very thought sends a smirk upon her lips as she pauses. "Kiche had played desperately into the role of caring for the children, to which I did not trust in the paws of what was Grizzly Hollow's omega. But even he, amongst our male lead and countless overs, abandoned us..." She pauses, a bit tense to the memory. "It was I, my partnering second and Jaysyek to care for the child over the winter, where all else had left us. Two of the boys did not make it." She puts it simple, vague. For a man whom had cared so much about the children in the pack, Kiche (as even their father) had been quick to leave them behind. So desperately Elettra had tried to save Theodore, to all a lost cause. And it had been she, whom founded the stiffen body of Prosper, with the burden of carrying the corpse home to it's mother.
"Perhaps not a murderer, and far from the capabilities of disrupting power in the pack, but he had sought it easy to attack his members before. To curse them and turn against them, and in the end, to abandon his people as did it's leader. He is no calculating master-mind, though I feel he is a threat none the less, behind the mask of a sniveling, cowardly priest." Her lips twists up a moment before flatting, with the falling of her skull. " I had served Jaysyek for nearly a year and through the hardship we shared through the winter, we survived together and grew close in this, despite our ending fall-out. She is a good woman, a good leader, but far too kind for what is best for her. So I was her strength when she needed it. I was the cruel hand of justice when it needed to be given. I didn't care what the pack thought of me, for as long as Jaysyek trusted me, I would be the bad guy if it meant protecting her heart, so rested upon her sleeve..." Her teeth gritted, pale gaze trained upon the cool ground before her paws, her body tense and heavy with burden. She would never forget the expression upon Jaysyek's face last they had seen one another - the question in Jaysyek's eyes which had broken Elettra and had torn her away for good.
Elettra straightens then once more, a deep sigh filling the whole of her heavy chest. She pauses, looking outward at the lands of her territory, now her own - her pride and joy. It would have not become had not the events of her past played out the way they had and for that, she cannot allow herself to dwell on what was, but could never again be. "So you see, Grizzly Hollow cannot punish him for they do not hold the ability, in which I do."
(This post was last modified: Oct 13, 2012, 02:26 AM by Elettra.)
Inactive Deceased
Skana Coho
A small huff of air left her jaws at Elettra’s admission of Kiche's uselessness to the pack. Skana held her tongue, hoping Elettra would have a damn good reason for keeping the menace in their midst, if it was only to punish him.

Elettra's tale pulled at the sinewy heartstrings of the old wolf. If anything managed to rouse the limited amount of pity she had to spare for things, it was pups. While it seemed to be at odds with her rugged appearance and brusque manner, she did have quite the soft spot for children, alongside a good dash of motherly instincts. Her tail flicked irritably at Kiche's negligence, how he could disappear during the most trying time of year, especially after placing himself as a sort of caregiver. Skana could find no excuse, short of him dying, for his abandonment of his pack. Given his lively reappearance in the willows, he definitely did not hold even that excuse.

“I could see why you still hold such resentment for him… I find it unfortunate that Grizzly Hollow isn’t suited to the task of dealing with him. But, I do believe he should pay for his crimes, and if you feel you are the one best suited for that, then so be it. He sounds violent and perhaps a little deranged, but nothing we don't have the ability to handle." Fortunately, most of the pack would be able to fend off an attack from a single zealot. Skana held concern for those Elettra had mentioned specifically to keep away from him, but she trusted that the pack could manage that. "I will keep a close watch on him... I wouldn't trust him around the ladies, as you've said. But, if he even tries to harm a single hair on anyone, I won't hesitate before tearing him apart." The gruff tone of a growl entered her voice at this last bit. If Elettra wanted to play games with the dog, that was fine by her. Maybe he would be a better man now, or maybe not. Skana would have to see that for herself, but would not hurt the man without due cause. The moment he endangered any of her pack mates, the game was up.

Clearing her throat, she lifted her neck a fraction upward from its level position. "If we are going to go to the trouble of hosting him, holding our guard up while at home, keeping an eye on him, et cetra, I think he would owe us, the pack, something in return. In addition to your vengeance," Skana quirked an eyebrow, a question of just what Elettra's Vengeance implied, "He should do something to contribute to the pack. If he has taken without giving before, this time he should give without taking. There is no shortage of work here." She offered in suggestion. Though it was weeks ago, some effects of the flood could still be felt. While Kiche couldn't be trusted to restock the caches, Skana felt the pack could do with some new ones dug. If Willow Ridge was feeling particularly cruel, he could be tasked with the job of digging out an emergency den.

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Elettra nods, listening to Skana's understanding that he should be punished and Elettra had the willingness to do the deed, granted how many times she had longed to punish him so but had otherwise been ceased from her attacks. Elettra had not thought that none of her members were smart enough to watch their backs, even amidst their own home. It would take much for Kiche to even wiggle away from the prying eyes of their Guardians and should he get near their two smallest members, surely the man would have not the speed to catch them, mainly now with the broken state for which he was in and a state for which Elettra planned to have him kept it. She nods yet again to Skana's warning, that it would be the very end of Kiche and his desires to stay should he do any harm to the members of Willow Ridge. "I wouldn't have it any other way." Elettra confirms to the woman in voice of agreement to tearing him apart.
Elettra rolls back her shoulders then, twisting her neck to and fro in a stretch and in thought and soon, a smirk tugs at the woman's lips as her attention turns from the landscape of her home and back onto Skana's gruff and scarred features. "Ah, perfect." She comments to the woman's thoughts and suggestions, her smile furthermore creeping over her face as she lifted up, her limbs stretching forth and her tail arcing high over her back as she worked the muscles of her being. "Now I know exactly who shall be working on the building of the pack's emergency Infirmary. I wont take the chance of loosing all the pack's herbs by having them all in one area once more." Taking in a deep breath, she dips down her head, hoping she is making the right decision for the pack and for herself and her needs to smash some of the things which haunted her past. Not only would she be gaining the revenge she had so much sought, but she would be also taking the labor off the shoulders of her pack-mates, so that they could all get back to their normal tasks and back to simply living. "Thank you." She finally says to Skana, the coldness of her silvery pale gaze offered to Skana for a moment more of her full attention before making off yet again. There was still much business to attend to.
Inactive Deceased
Skana Coho
Skana sighed, her shoulders relaxing from their rigid state. She hoped she had made the right decision in condoning Kiche's stay. It wasn't a perfect situation, as nothing ever was, but she was satisfied with what she and Elettra had come up. After all, as Skana had found, it was really those who you trusted which you had to watch out for most. Kiche was a known danger, and thus they would all be on their toes. Elettra's smile was contagious, the edges of Skana's lips slightly upturned of the idea of Kiche's new "job". "I'm sure he'll have a great time with that," Skana joked with her face quirked in a wry grin.

Her eyes met Elettra's, the thanks taken with a humble lowering of her marred muzzle."My pleasure," she said, "I suppose that is all?" She tried to keep her weariness from entering her face. It wasn't that speaking with Elettra was tiresome, rather, a little ombudsman work was stimulating seeing as the everyday issues of a pack were no longer her jurisdiction. She just would have preferred talking at a more decent hour in a more comfortable setting. The cool air, which had once been invigorating, now nipped painfully at her ankles. A longing glance was sent in the direction of the den before she returned her attention to her superior, a silent gesture of permission to take her leave. She very well had the ability to do as she pleased, but respected Elettra enough to wait for her discharge.

Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
"Yes, that is all." She speaks to the older woman, taking note to her lingering direction towards the den. Though age had not yet caught up with Elettra, the memory of her family back in Torbine told he enough that though she preferred the cooler months now, perhaps with her age she would think differently of the bitterness to those particular seasons. Offering the woman one small gesture of her muzzle, Elettra turned and made her way off towards the bulk of her home, leaving Skana to get back to her slumber for the remainder of the night.

FIN.
Inactive Deceased
Skana Coho
I don't mean to drag it out, I just wanted to get the 10 post minimum in.

Skana's head bobbed in a brisk nod. Turning, she strode off through the hanging willows, the rustling of their wispy tendrils the only sign of the dark wolf as she moved through the cover of night. She felt accomplished in having provided something. It felt good to have some remaining use despite her age, and she was glad that she had found a pack who's alpha valued wisdom just as well as power. She had thought that it was all over when she was chased from home. Her new career gave her something to look forward to, something to reassure her that life was indeed worth living, that fighting for her life that year ago was indeed the right choice. Quietly she slipped inside the rocky maw of the den to nestle in beside her sleeping comrades, finding a sleep more peaceful than she had had in months.

{End}
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »