673 Users Online
Google, Bing

Baby I'm Amazed — Iridescent Lagoon 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
<i>Baby I'm amazed at the way you love me all the time.."</i>

http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/291/b/a/naritabletwo_by_terra_anne-d5i6qdf.jpg) top center no-repeat #02345e; outline: 5px solid #003377; border: 1px solid #fff;" valign="top">
November 9th breezy chilly at 23 degrees F. Evening

With a freshly caught rabbit in her jaws Narimé settled down in her usual place at the lagoon. It was the same spot she'd slept by Sloane so many months before. Dropping her meal and casting a wary glance around the young huntress kept herself alert for danger. alert for that one wolf Djinn if she should try to show her face around and jump Nari for her meal, but also alert for any sounds of pack mates or wolves that she considered her friends.

With the strong breeze carrying scents away Nari could only rely on sight. This made her more nervous since she was now used to using her nose far more often around the pack and for hunting. Even so, the girls bluish purple eyes glanced around seeing no danger spare for a leaning Aspen tree that looked like it might fall into the lagoon at any moment if a strong gust came through its arching canopy.

Turning her gaze back to the rabbit Nari looked over the cooling creature. Its fur had bits of white scattered around the brown fur. The cold of the season was changing the creatures fur unusually early to the snowy white color. We may get snow earlier this year. She thought quietly while beginning to gnaw on the rabbit. The storms will be harsh this winter. Her prediction may well come true, but the young wolf wouldn't truly know until the storms began to hit Lore. As much as she loved winter and snow the young woman knew that too much snow and cold could be dangerous.

This winter would test the silvery wolfs hunting skills. Nari would find out then if she was really meant to be a hunter. Images of wolves plowing through snow chasing elk and moose ran through the girls head. It both excited her and worried the young wolf. At the same time she couldn't wait for the future and what it held, but also Nari didn't want to know of the hardships she may face. At least I won't be alone in my lifes adventure. Willow Ridge wolves, my friends in other packs, and all of Lore will have to face the future with me. She thought a bit of how her father had met his end up in the mountains. Narimé hoped that he'd had a good view of the world up in those mountains as he passed. Then maybe he could find her here in the willows from on high wherever he was.

Her white rabbit was late. Late for a very important date back to his den. But this little rabbit would never make it back to the warm den. Instead it would make its way back to the earth in a different manner. Licking her chops Narimé played with the back bone of the rabbit. She noted how it could bend so easily and flex in her paws. Then the girl flipped the bones to a gorse bush on her right and settled down her somewhat hungry belly on the grassy earth. Her eyes glanced around still looking for danger. However it seemed all was quiet at the lagoon. Her plan was to stay for a few days then head back to Willow Ridge that way if Sloane had ever come and she wasn't there he could stilll scent her in the area. For a little while at least her scent would stay unless it rained washing away all scents of earths creatures.

A tune sung in her head. A tune that Nari could not remember who she had learned it from.The song was sad but also hopeful Narimé noted while humming it. The tune slid easily on her alto voice. It was only then as she tried to sing the higher notes did she realise that they were harder for her to sing. Not like how she had sung and howled to the moon with a high young voice a little less than a year ago. No, her voice had changed. It was a lower cord than it had once been. Narimé paused her singing to test out her voice again. Singing a "Do-Ray-Me-Fa-So La-Tee-Do" the girl was amazed at the change. She wondered suddenly if anything else had changed. Standing up she twisted her head around tryign to get a view of her legs and body. After a few minutes of looking at odd angles Nari padded over to the flattest part of the shore. She glaced into the water gazing at the image relfecting perfectly back at her.

The wolf that looked back at her stunned the young wolf. It was not the image she remembered from all those months ago the last time the silvery wolf had looked into these waters. Her legs, they were still long,but they actually seemed to fit her body now. Those damn huge paws were just the prefect size now. Her fur wasn't quite so fluffy anymore; it lay sleek against her lean but strong body. And the blacker tones that had been in her younger fur was now replaced with varying shades of gray. Plus her tail was fluffier now, which Nari actually quite liked. She flicked it around enjoying the way the mixed silvers, whites, and black fur swam fluidly as she moved.

Even as Narimé took in everything that she was seeing, the girl couldn't believe that the wild but beautiful young woman in the water was her. Shaking her head Nari backed away from the water then sat down and gazed across the lagoon. It was not as beauitful as it had been that one night. However even in late fall the land and water held its own beauty. The fall leaves were strewn across the ground, and everytime the wind blew the leaves would swirl in little brightly colored tornadoes underneath the trees.

Trying to forget the image in the water Nari padded back to her sleeping spot. Though this time she did not lay down. Instead she sat lightly glancing around at the world and thinking of the previous song she'd hummed. Where did I get the song from? And what does it really mean? She raised her muzzle a little and parted her lips letting the song flow from the deepest parts of her soul.

<b style="color:#FFFFFF">"Green earth wakes to the golden rays of the sun.
One half cloaked by shadow, one half spying the light.
Those who welcome the glittering light, fear the night.
Those who welcome the blanketed night, fear the light.
Each surviving their own stories on green earths might.

Let the dark skies dance with the warmth of a billion souls,
and when the sun rises those souls will disappear waiting for the night to come again.
When the night comes a second time those bright souls will search the earth for the fallen,
and lead those poor spirits to the nether world where they too will become the ebony night.

Green earth wakes to the golden rays of the sun.
One half cloaked by shadow, one half spying the light.
Those who welcome the glittering light, fear the night.
Those who welcome the blanketed night, fear the light.
Each surviving their own stories on green earths might.

And the rain falls on me...
When the souls of the departed shed their tears,
It is for those who had not yet taken the journey to the deep darkness.
Those tears in turn provide life to those in the land of the living.
So the rain falls...
"
(This post was last modified: Nov 10, 2012, 06:54 PM by Narimé.)

Played by Jen who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
They were so close, but Sloane was only slightly torn about which way to go. Tempest and Nina would likely head to the pack where Koda and Guiness were, and possibly even Narime'. He was taking a gamble by heading to the lagoon, but his heart told him to go there first. The place that they had first met. The place where she had stolen a piece of his heart and made him hers forever. She likely wouldn't be there, for what would the odds be of that? But he needed to go there, perhaps to just relive that one magical night, before everything changed yet again.

As he neared the water a voice called out. A voice that was familiar and yet different. Could it be? His pace quickened until he was all but running. When he saw the silvery vision before him, he stopped and just looked in wonder as she sang her song, unaware of her captivated audience. She was stunning and he shivered at the sight of her. Maturity had caught up to her and her beauty was unmatched. Her siren's call caught him in her loving trap and he moved forward as if in a daze. He couldn't believe that she was here... that they were here together after all of this time.

For long moments, he just gazed at her loveliness and taking in her beautiful scent, a gift from the cool breeze. He could still detect her unique perfume, but it was overlayed by that of many other wolves. Of her beloved pack. Would she leave them to come with him? To start a family of their own? It was too soon, but he had to know her feelings and let her know of his. He could only pray that the right words would come to him, for she had nearly left him speechless already.

He hated to break the spell, but he wanted to run to her and mingle his russet fur with her own silver pelt. To gaze into her beautiful, unique blue eyes. With an emotion-filled voice, he finally called out to her in his own deep tones, "Narime'?" That one word held his heart and all of his hope that she loved him as completely as he did her.

(This post was last modified: Dec 29, 2012, 12:54 AM by Sloane.)
Knight of Honor
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

The very ending of her song reached her lips when another sound jostled the female from her calm singing. Ears perked as her name was called and with a swift motion the young woman turned to view the low grumbly voice. As soon as Nari's eyes set upon his massive rusty gray frame her heart lurched and began doing somersaults in her chest. She stared at the very wolf she had waited so long for, but instead of running right up to him Narimé just continued to look him over.

I ..I can't believe he's right there.. This isn't a dream? She remembered all of her horrific dreams where Sloane and her father were both killed by a bear attacking her. Tearing her eyes off the large male Nari looked around and scented the air for bear. No.. No bear.. then..?

"Sloane?" She set her bluish purple gaze back upon his yellowy ones and couldn't help but let a big smile spread across her muzzle.

"Oh .. It is you!" Her silvery form ate the distance between them and brought her right to his chest. Bumping the top of her head affectionately under his chin Nari tilted her head and looked up at him. With a small smile she licked his cheek and blushed at her own brazen behavior. She felt delighted, warm, and something else she couldn't place all at the same time. Her emotions rolled as Narimé lifted her head and her wagging tail showing off how tall she had grown. With bright eyes Nari also noted how Sloane had thickened out and grown a bit taller himself. She guessed that she was only three or four inches shorter than he was, though Sloane was definately much heavier with muscle than Narimé.

"I missed you..." She closed her eyes sitting next to him enjoying the warmth of his fur and the strange tingle that sparked from his touch. Did he miss me I wonder?

Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
OOC: Ready for Nina to COMPLETELY ruin the moment?? :D:D:D <3<3<3<3

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;"> She really hadn’t meant to get so involved in a conversation with Tempest to realize that Sloane had left…she had wanted to see Narimé as well! Politely excusing herself from Tempest and promising her return later, the rebel soon to be leader marched forward, her one good emerald eye searching around the territory. She almost seemed to be hoping around, a wondrous improvement to how she had been before. She couldn’t wait to show her mate how much she had improved. With the incoming cold weather, Nina’s winter coat had come in, leaving her fur a beautiful wavy golden brown color. Her once tattered fur was now silky and glorious just as it had once again…and the healer was happy!! She no longer held a dark air around her…unless, of course, it contained business matter. She was then forced into a complete emotionless state, sure that it was for the best.

Her pace picked up into a jog, a small smile covering her face. She was now following the scent of her friend…now her partner in leadership. That had been one of the many reasons the two had both come this way. To explain to their loves of how the arrangement was working out. She just hoped that Narime would understand…she was sure Koda would. As she approached the area, the two forms brought a large smile on her face. The younger girl had grown nicely into her adult body and the healer almost purred in happiness as she called out to the pair. "Narime!! Sloane!" She then stood to a stop next to them, her tail wagging behind her as she took in the features of Narime. Her face seemed to have aged out and her eyes seemed to hold something more…mature in them. She had developed well.
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
At first she just stared at him and he began to wonder if she was as happy to see him as he was to see her. Then she said his name and her face lit with happiness. A weight was lifted off of his heart. She had missed him too. They'd been separated for far too long, yet the months melted away just as easily as the space separating them as she ran joyously towards him. His large body quivered with barely contained emotion as she bumped his chin and licked his cheek boldly. His great head lowered and he laid it over her shoulder as he'd done so long ago. He felt whole in that moment with their hearts beating in unison.

He pulled back for a moment to get a better look at her. She had gotten a lot taller and filled out. She was a sleek silver beauty now, perfectly formed. Not that that mattered to him. He loved her for who she was. Sweet, caring and utterly capable. He remembered her with the hunt. She had directed them perfectly, despite it being her first time in a 'group' hunt with such large game. Who could argue brains and beauty though? Add in a heart of gold and a pair of violet blue eyes and you had perfection in his eyes. His sweet Narime'...

Sloane opened his mouth to tell her as much, when another voice called out their names. He turned his head to see a golden brown form smiling at the pair of them. Heat crept up his neck at the sight they must make, him with his feelings on his sleeve for all the world to see. To say that her timing was bad would have been the understatement of the century. She was his best friend though and he could never be upset with her. Especially seeing how happy she looked.

Despite his embarrassment at being seen all mushy, the russet wolf would not give up his closeness to Narime'. In fact, as he turned to greet Nina, he moved closer to her, burnished red fur mingling with sleek silver. Giving Narime' a lopsided smile, he met Nina's emerald eye and said, "Hello, Nina! What a surprise to see you here..."

(This post was last modified: Dec 29, 2012, 12:54 AM by Sloane.)
Knight of Honor
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Narimé felt all too warm as Sloane layed his head over her. She was always amazed at how big he was. It made her feel secure in a way to have such a big brute close to her. Wolves reached sexual maturity at twenty two months, even now Nari could feel the beginnings of a tingle that ran down her spine sparking a low smoldering fire. However this feeling would most definately increase after her second birthday.

Blushing further at the new feeling tickling down her back Nari twitched hearing the voice of yet another female. Anxiety grabbed her heart as Narimé turned thinking that Sloane had been with a second she wolf. However as her eyes took in Nina's form the young she wolf felt at ease again. That's right. Shade had said that Sloane was in Copper Rock Creek pack. Nina lived in the same pack. It is only right that after the pack disbanded friends would stick together to heighten their chances of survival. She thought quietly and smiled at the healer.

When Sloane greeted Nina, Narimé suddenly felt too close to him. Ducking her head in shyness Nari stepped away from him. Was it okay for others to see them so close?

"H..Hey Nina.." She cleared her throat and wagged her tail slowly while sparing a small glance back to Sloane. He had a lopsided smile as if he also felt nervous about others seeing their closeness.

Sloane seemed to be okay with Nina seeing us. He kinda got closer too... wh..why am I being such a wierdo? a fraidy cat? She was nervous again. Being away from him wasn't helping. Slowly Narimé inched back to Sloanes side and sat down next to him; silver fur entwining with red as she smiled sheepishly. Nina had caught them anyway. Oh well.. Slowly but surely the nervous fluttering died away and warmth seeped in from her protectors fur. Sloane seemed so calm. Though Nari sensed he was just as unsettled about being seen with her as she was. How was he strong enough to hide those emotions? she wondered.

"So...ummm.. How have you guys been fairing, well. with Copper Rock Creek disbanding and all..." Narimé tried small talk.It was hard. She hoped talking would be easier as the conversation progressed.

Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
(I saw All Welcome and I couldn't resist it. I'll delete this post if you want me to. Just PM Me)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/Shade-Table.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top:335px; padding-bottom: 10px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px;">
Shade had noticed Narime's scent drifting past the territory of Willow Ridge while he was on patrol and he couldn't resist but follow it. It was almost funny by coincidence that he followed it to find Narime, Sloane, and Nina gathered by the lagoon. "Hello there Nina and Narime. Is this the Sloane that I've been hearing about. It just seems everyone knows you. Guiness, Tempest, Nina, Shadowstorm and Narime. It's an honor to meet you. I'm Shade Slayer, third of Willow Ridge." He guessed it was Sloane because he looked so much like Guiness and Tempest when it came to muscles and size.

Shade smiled as he looked at them. Had he just ruined a moment there? He had no idea what was going on. No idea at all. He just let his tail hang low, there was no need for dominance for several reasons. they weren't on pack territory and they were all friends here. He looked at the lake, to him, it had a amygdaliform shape to it. He couldn't help but observe how close Sloane and Narime were. But it was probably they were good friends. That's what Tempest had told him.

It suddenly felt awkward being there. His thoughts were making him half zoned out. His thoughts about his beautiful mate Rosealia. Rose wasn't sure quite if she loved him like that still, so he was giving her time. but the hole in his heart was still there. It might never be healed either. He focused now on the conversation.

[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/bluepups/NinaTable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding-top: 312px; padding-bottom: 20px; padding-left: 15px; padding-right: 15px; text-align:justify;"> Her tail wagged comfortably behind her as her two friends turned around to look at her. A small smile played on her lips as she observed to two. Both had seemed quite shocked to see her there…but she had told Sloane she had wished to come with him, hadn’t she? Her head lifted slightly when Sloane spoke to her, an eyebrow cocking in his direction. His eye then turned to Narime, a satisfied smile spreading across her face. The girl’s natural beauty had been quite heightened since the last time they had spoken…at least from what she remembered…of course. She watched in silence as Sloane drifted closer to his lady friend and the small lady seemed slightly taken aback before she too crept closer to him. She spoke directly at the silver female, "It is good to see you again, dear. And that…is actually what we came her about…well, one of the reasons."

The thrashing threw bushes made Nina’s head raise in the direction in which all the racket was coming from. When the familiar Slayer shape came into view, the golden healer’s ears instinctively flattened and her tail became stiff, her fangs exposing to Shade slightly before covering them again. Her tail position did not change and neither did her ears. She did listen quietly to all he had to say though. Two names were quite unfamiliar to her, though she wasn’t shocked to find that many people knew Sloane…though Shade hadn’t met him. She was sure he had…she quickly cast an anxious look in Sloane’s direction.
It seems when you're around, my life is complete.
Inactive No Rank
Sloane Thorben
Sloane had really hoped to have a bit more time alone with Narime' for them to renew their friendship and to see if his feelings were returned. With Nina there, the mood was definitely changed to a much less emotional one and he would have to wait. Although, going by her initial reaction and apparent joy at seeing him, hope was definitely alive. When Nina spoke of another reason for coming, other than a reunion, his eyes widened and he gave her a near invisible shake of head, glad that Narime' wouldn't see it. He did not want to talk of future pack plans right now. He and Narime' needed to bond and he needed to discover her feelings about a future with him first. Now was no longer the time for that.

It became even less so when another joined them. One that knew Narime' and Nina and seemed to know of him by reputation at least. Resigning himself to the ever-growing group, Sloane gave Shade a friendly smile and said, "Yes, I am Sloane Thorben, although I did not realize that my reputation preceded me!" His tone was light as he relaxed into the social encounter, rather than the romantic one that he'd been anticipating. He didn't completely relax though. Not with both Nina and Narime' present.

He knew nothing of Shade, but with his last name offered, he realized that this must be a relative of Shadowstorm's. Not a shining point, exactly, but he wouldn't hold her indecisiveness against the man. Both of the girls seemed comfortable enough with him, so Sloane would give him the benefit of the doubt. "Guiness and Tempest are my older siblings, whom I've just happily learned were alive. Shadowstorm briefly stayed with Copper Rock Creek." He couldn't quite keep the edge of disappointment out of his voice when he said her name. Continuing, with a proud smile at the silver fae by his side, he said, "Narime', I met prior to both of us joining our respective packs." Although he wasn't gushing, the affection in his voice this time was hard to miss.

(This post was last modified: Dec 29, 2012, 12:55 AM by Sloane.)
Knight of Honor
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Annoyance and shyness continued to prick at the young she wolf as yet another face appeared. Shade's voice and visage came blundering through the underbrush on the same path she had taken to get to the lagoon. Narimé realized that he must have been tracking her to this very place.

When the dark wolf began talking she was even more irritated. Everyone else was getting a piece out of the big russet male except her. Not only that, but Nari did not want her pack mates knowing about her coming here so often. She especially didn't want Shade or Remy knowing how close she was to an outsider. Twitching with a mix of anger and annoyance the silvery she wolf stuck her nose into Sloane's fur wanting to be alone and hiding her annoyance at the same time. She wondered quietly if Sloane had noticed the emotions coursing through her. A small snarl appeared on her face as Narimé turned her head and watched Shade vehemently while listening to Sloane address the guardian. She smiled a bit when Nina growled at the dark wolf. Apearantly she didn't like him.

Once the others talking was finished Narimé then stepped forward with her body held in the middle, neutral for everyone there.

"Why did you follow me?" She dropped the snarl from her face and spoke with a neutral tone. They weren't on pack land anymore so she didn't have to worry about dominance or submission here. She was not too happy with Shade right now.