(See All?) Announcements
501 Users Online
Google, Bing

walking over bridges trying to find my way to me — Beaver Dam 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 223 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/straightoxic/Alexander/alextable.png) top center no-repeat; background-color: #816984;">
He'd been following the creek for a few hours now, pausing every so often to take a drink, or paddle to the other side. The day was nice, and he'd kept his mind relatively clear, trying to just enjoy the place for what it truly was: his new home. There were many steps that he had yet to take, like acting his age, which he could do most of the time, but he always felt there was some edge of seriousness missing. It didn't quite occur to him that it didn't really matter how old he acted, he just had to be himself. Or maybe he was aware of that. Not far from where he stood, he could make out a beaver dam. Strong, indestructible.

With gusto, he approached the dam and sized it up, raking his pale eyes up and down its height. He could see masses of darkness moving through the water around the dam. Beavers. The brute wasn't quite familiar with them, though he'd been around long enough to at least be aware of them. They were fat,furry brown creatures that could eat wood and made dams, like the one he was looking at. Whether or not they cared if he happened to walk across their carefully constructed home was unknown to him. But he did it anyway.

Muscles bunched, he made the leap, wobbling precariously for a moment before he got his balance. Something beneath his paws hit the water, and he started, catching his breath before assuming that it was just a twig that he'd dislodged on his way up. A rather loud bark of pride was let out into the air, before he was interrupted by another splash. Then there were more, and he looked around, eyes wide. Dark mass after dark mass began to appear in the water, heading for the all too distant shore. Great. He'd pissed off the beavers. So much for being mature.

Played by Shadow who has 477 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

It had been a rather ordinary day; Cori had hauled herself out of bed and made it to the Heartleaf Creek, where she had enjoyed the coolness of the water. After drinking her fill, she had taken a short swim, wincing in pain as the water hit her wounded shoulder. It would be a long time before she forgave Indru for his attack on her, and even at the thought of him, she bristled, brow creasing. But that was in the past now, there was absolutely nothing she could do about it.

Swim finished, the gray female paddled back to shore. Stretching herself, she shook her body violently, droplets of water flying in all directions. But the splash that she heard was not typical of the splashes of small droplets, and she whirled around to see what the commotion was. Seeing nothing, she turned her gaze upstream, where she could just barely make out the sight of a furry gray form and a lot of small, furry brown ones. Not having the ability of bilocation, the she-wolf began to make her way towards the fray, her pace increasing the closer she got.

Upon arrival, she took in the scene. Herself standing on the banks of the creek watching, a lone male standing atop what appeared to be a beaver dam, and several angry beaver residents prepared to protect their territory. They're just like Indru, she thought idly as she made a beeline for the water. "GRRRRR!" she growled at the beavers, fur puffing out to make her look bigger and more like a threat than the male who was currently sitting atop their home.

Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
http://i1042.photobucket.com/albums/b421/straightoxic/Alexander/alextable.png) top center no-repeat; background-color: #816984;">
Mere growls and barks didn't seem to ward off the large flat-tailed rodents, and he began to pat at them with his paws, putting a bit of force behind his swing. They were rather solid creatures though, and while knocking them off the dam was effective in that way, it only seemed to anger the rest of the furry brown troops. Thankfully, they were finding it difficult to sink their teeth into him, and their claws weren't doing too much harm (though he'd probably look back later, and wonder what happened to his legs).

All-in-all, he regretted his decision, and was desperate to make up for his mistake. He couldn't do it alone, however, and it seemed as if his silent wish had been answered. A female appeared, offering her own assistance in the form of a harsh growl. It distracted the beavers, certainly, and he managed to dislodge two more of them from the wooden fortress. A few more retreated, though there were still quite a few standing strong. Her display of aggression was clearly working better than his had. Then again, she hadn't been ambushed by beavers.

Taking a cautious step back, towards land, he growled, attempting to act as the girl had, fluffing himself out, and snarling. Another beaver down. "They're a bit feisty," He managed out, tossing the words over his shoulder.

Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

There seemed to be a never ending swarm of the furry beavers. Their insistence that the male get off of their home was almost as terrifying as Indru's had been when she had trespassed on his borders. But, despite their number, these beavers paled in comparison to Indru's fury, and Corinna let them know. She continued to growl and snarl at them, snapping her teeth - the metallic click hanging menacingly in the air. Her growls had distracted some of the beavers from their intended quarry as they turned their attention to her. Before she knew it, all desire to cachinnate had fled, and was replaced with a tiny sliver of fear as she was faced with a minor portion of the brown army. "Fiesty doesn't even begin to cover it," she shouted back.

Pulling her medium sized frame up, she continued with her growls. Lunging forward, she tackled a few of the creatures back further into the water and they began to retreat away from her. Pushing the attack, she fought in the water just along the shallows. She used her forepaws to swat the things away from her as they began to swarm, though it was clear that they had the advantage in the water, their slick brown bodies disappearing and reappearing under the water than her eyes were able to follow.

So maybe a water attack had not been her smartest idea. Back peddling, she walked backwards until her paws touched the muddy surface of the creek bank. While some of the beavers continued to follow her, their angry teeth gnashing together in anger, their focus had returned to their primary target. "Just run!" she shouted at the male, or they were going to be at it all day.

Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
Alexander felt absolutely foolish now, managing to put himself and this female in danger. After she'd drawn attention to herself, they went after her, but there were still enough to torture the large gray male. Frustration built up in him, and he grabbed one of the brown rodents by the scruff, and tossed it into the water, snarling viciously at the others after. But it didn't seem to phase the others. The same thing took place. They just got angry after seeing one of their comrades abused.

The girl called out the best suggestion he'd heard all day, but hadn't managed to come up with it himself. Running. They weren't going to back down, obviously. Bunching up, he leaped over the beavers, and landed precariously on the other end of the dam, wobbling for a moment, before he jumped down. The beavers seemed to contemplate moving the battle to land, before deciding against it, since the wolves would have the upper hand. They stood proudly atop their dam, glaring down at the wolves.

Aiming his pale yellow eyes at the female, he nodded thanks, "Wish I'd thought of that sooner," Alexander grunted, shifting his gaze over slightly towards the water. "Sorry about that."

Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

Beavers were not generally dangerous creatures; at least, Corinna had never managed to get herself into a tangle with one before. But, there was a first time for everything, and she would now know that to cross a beaver was risking potential danger. While there was no doubt in her mind that between her and the scruffy male, they could easily overpower the beaver army, they would not come out of the entanglement unscathed. Considering she was already wounded from her mix up at Indru's borders, she was not looking for any more fights. The smart thing would have let the unfortunate beast figure things out on his own, but, she was nicer than that.

She was thankful though that he decided to heed her advice and run. He cleared the beavers and joined her on the banks, and for a moment, Cori thought that they might follow them. Her fears were alleviated though, and she just listened to the beavers gnash their teeth angrily, warning the wolves that a second attack would be futile. Shaking herself off to dry her fur, she barked once at the beavers, informing them that she was not amused and they had best keep to their stupid dam. Shrugging it off, she turned to the male she had helped rescue. "It's all good. It was definitely the highlight of my day," she told him, her face breaking out into a grin. "It's not very often the guy is the one in distress."

Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
On land, he was now regaining his bearings. His paws felt itchy as if they were still trying to avoid the angry jaws of the beavers, and he still felt a bit jumpy, though that seemed to fully fade as the blue water before them was now devoid of wide, spooky shadows. He did find himself to be a bit peckish, and pondered how easy just one beaver could be taken down. It probably wouldn't be that hard if you could get it away from the others, before it had a chance to round up its friends. He joined her in a threatening bark, ears twisting back, and a smile across his face. How exciting.

"I'm not usually so accident-prone," He chuckled, tilting his head away towards the dam as he sat. "I guess I got a little ahead of myself today." He rolled his shoulders, and pulled in some air. "Anyways, thanks. I'm pretty sure I would have been beaver food if you hadn't come along. I'm Alexander." Flashing a smile, he nodded politely at the girl. He was definitely pleased that she wasn't fuming angry, and found it a relief that she actually found it more amusing. Sure, it made him feel silly, but he deserved that.

Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

It was exciting, that was for sure. Animal instincts had come to the surface during the battle, and while she had meant only to help the white male, there was no doubt that part of her had wanted to take the offensive and snare one of the beavers for herself. Of course, she wasn't an idiot; she knew that she would rue that particular decision later - the little brown fuzzballs were like wolves in that they looked after their own. Oh well, there would be easier prey to snatch later on down the road.

She sat down with him, returning his smiles. "Eh, it's all good," she grinned, beating her tail against the ground a few times in a good-natured manner. "Accidents tend to happen regardless of whether or not we're prone to them." It was true; she herself was prove of that, unfortunately. "Oh? Do beavers eat wolves now?" she asked him, tilting her head as if in curiosity. Chuckling, she returned the introduction, "It's nice to meet you, Alexander. I'm Corinna, Cori if you like." Stifling a yawn, the young female stretched out her forelegs, lowering herself to the ground in the process so that she was laying down. Peering up at him, she spoke again, "So, what were you doing before you incurred the wrath of the angry beavers?"

Inactive No Rank
Alexander Dieudonné
"The stupid things eat wood, don't they?" He laughed, light brows rising in amusement. "I'm sure a bit of wolf meat wouldn't matter much to them." Hell, they'd probably eat anything they wanted to, especially if they ate wood. He settled back onto his haunches as she laid down. "Cori. Great! I suppose you could call me Alex, if you preferred that." It was only fair, right? And a bit more casual.That's what he was all about. Being casual and sociable. Having everyone call him Alexander all the time would make him feel like a king, and she nearly saved his life, so really, she could call him whatever she wanted.

All this time, he wasn't exactly sure what he'd done to make the beavers so angry. "I climbed up onto the dam, and barked." He was sure he wasn't the only one who'd ever done that, and there was no way that someone was attacked every time that it happened. "They must have been threatened by my size, I guess. Or they thought I was going to try and steal their home, which, might I add, I wouldn't be able to live in anyway." Alexander scoffed, and shook his head, adding in a snort just to add to his disbelief.

Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

She giggled, her young voice betraying her enjoyment. It had been a long while since she had been in such good company. Every other wolf she had met had been so serious, and so off-putting. They made her want to turn tail and leave Relic Lore far in the distance, and go to a place where fun was a bit more tolerated. So while she could have died because of Alex's foolery with the beavers (okay, a bit of an exaggeration), she was thoroughly enjoying herself. "It's a pleasure to meet you, Mr. Alex." It was true, she was quite thrilled to have met him, if only because it gave her somebody to talk to for the afternoon.

Grinning like a loon, she gasped in mock disbelief. "You? Not be able to live in the beaver dam? Never!" Giggles turned to laughter, and she beat her tail against in the ground in merryment. "So, where do you live, since you can't fit under a pile of logs?" She asked him curiously. "I just live sort of anywhere and everywhere, I guess. I haven't really found a good place to call home yet." Not that she hadn't tried; the wound on his shoulder was proof enough of that.