882 Users Online
Google, Finley, Jadon, Bing, Sophrosnia

dear agony let go of me — Red Fern Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 960 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Triell Tainn
They had found a spot. Untainted, and beautiful. It was green, and had a nice source of water. (Triell needed water) Overall it was a safe place to raise a new litter, to start over they had thought their leaders would be pleased with. Triell he was trying to remember when it had all gone to hell.

All he could see, recall was red. Marsh nothing but a red body bashing into one of brown. The trees that were red from roots to leaves. The blood he could taste, smell, feel it pouring off himself. Oh what was worse the blood the pooling of thick crimson coat he couldn't get to stop. Silver eyes he would not get to open. It was all a blur hidden in a sickening fog. They had been on their way back, he had howled for Corrina,howled for Ice. Yes,that's when trouble had found them in a figure called Ripplefang. He shut it out again not wanting to be sucked further down the dark tube that he had been drowning in for the last night and today. No, today he must move he had to find them. Death after all had wanted him and yet Triell Tainn had fought against it despite his depression, his agony he really did want to live. Uncle Triell had a chance again, and he wasn't going to break Aiyana any more. He had to see Ice's legacy, Corrina happy after all her own pain. Was it all enough to pump life back into him? Happiness. Gratitude. Joy. All these things he still had, had all along? Foolish boy. He wasted too much time. Marsh's sacrifice would not be thrown away.

The pain, what didn't feel tender? Damn death had attempted to beat him. His dry bloodied lips crack into the most wry smile. He was alive. Rough around the edges but alive.

A groan escaped his mouth slowing building into a chuckle. "Oh Ozera I think I'm mad. Where is the pool when I need it?" Testing his paw he stretched his toes and rolled himself to a crooked stand. Cricking his neck he licked at his lip, trying to pretend he had merely forgotten to clean it after eating a delicious meal. There was a piece of his right shoulder that stung and he gingerly tried to clean the messy wound. A memory ebbed of teeth grabbing, but he made the picture blur into the scenery. The red forest where it had happened but he had apparently almost made it out before he had collapsed. Frick. He had no sure way of knowing anything beyond what he had been through and he was not in the slightest tempted to howl. If there was more of those monsters Triell was in no shape to tackle them alone. Water, he needed it and attempted to force his nose to work. It was sore too, a scratch across it's top. Sighing he slowly began dragging his sorry ass south. Some how he remembered where the stream was, and forced his ears to listen for it. He needed to wash off the mud on his paws, the blood, the filth. With the mountains looming in sight he tried not to be discouraged how far they seemed for a wounded, tired wolf.

[Image: triellpix_by_euphoriclies-d98abbc.png]
are you with me through it all?
[Image: cad_sig_by_becuffin-dax4amr.png]
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 142 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Erebos Argyris

The stench of blood permeated the air as the silver wolf made his way back to the Glen from the Lost Lake. His eyes narrowed and his hackles itched for it wasn’t the sweet scent of injured prey that slid past his nostrils, but the bitter stench of wolf blood, and the lingering warnings of a sickness like no other still lingered at the back of his mind. Whoever it was stumbling about wasn’t necessarily trying to cover their movements with any degree of stealth, and so his customary smirk worked it’s way back to his silver masked mug.

After his last encounters, with the dark girl falling in a hole and the pale girl throwing herself off a cliff into the frigid waters of the lake, he was reluctant to seek the stranger out. Still something tugged at him to follow the trail of the stranger. This wolf smelled more masculine than the others, so he could only hope that the stranger would be more... natural than the others who seemed to do little but yabber and yap and wave their tails about like encountering a male of his size was perfectly safe. It was encounters like those that made him miss Asphodel Meadows the most, the simplicity of living surrounded by siblings - where everything was second nature.

Finally the dark form came into sight making his way steadily towards the small stream, so much larger than he would have suspected but in much worse shape as well. He cleared his throat as he approached, so as not to startle the man. He kept his tail low but his expression was clearly one of curiosity. "I hope the other guy is worse off than you?" he asked with a hint of humor in his tone (although he was sure the other man didn’t find it as funny as he did). He waited comfortably for some sign that it was safe to approach, or a clear indication that he would be better off taking his smart arse elsewhere.

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Triell Tainn
The water was only a couple more steps. He could almost swear his body moaned for the liquid, wanting to make haste. He forced it to take its time maneuvering, knowing he didn't need another spill. He didn't need to start over, just waking up from his darkened reverie once would be enough. With the quietly trickle of the stream's voice, the off chirp of distance birds there was something out of place. Triell was too disoriented to wonder what, too tired to check, or be on alert for more of those freaks as he should have been. While the elder wolf had spoke of her pack coming to seek penalty if they killed her, there was a look to his eyes that had said she was alone.

Letting out a rough sigh with a hint of a groan he stepped toward the edge, smelling deeply of the water. About then he heard his large stalker, who by the announcing cough was probably harmless. Hunter did not cough to warn its prey. The Tainn couldn't help all his muscles that tightened in knots, the slight way the longest part of his hackles raised if by static."You could say that," Triell soberly replied, giving the silver crowned wolf a brief gaze. He reminded him too much of a brother he wanted to sink his teeth into, his large stature, his own orange eyes, and the knowledge Triell needed the right words. Maybe that was just his twisted head. He felt no anger toward this wolf; he didn't know him. This made his body let go of the tight grip it held him in, and he placed his dirty limbs in the water. "Triell Tainn," he muttered, watching the mud fall away, quickly dragging his hind paws in after. "The others are both dead, and I'm not sure how I'm not," he sighed, his brows tightened above his eyes. "You..do you live around here?" He asked, curious himself.

(This post was last modified: Jul 22, 2013, 08:49 PM by Triell.)
Inactive Deceased
Erebos Argyris

Both. An appreciative look crossed his face as he considered the dark wolf before him. It was easy to see how he could be surprised that he was still alive, at the same time, he was clearly a wolf in his prime. He waited quietly as the next words left the strangers lips. Do you live around here? and he took a moment to consider. "Not too far. Not too close." He admitted finally. Possibly half a days journey for a healthy wolf, in his state though it could possibly be an overnight journey.

"We live further to the east, by a creek, amongst the magnolias." He mentioned conversationally, shifting his paws to a more casual position, his ears tilting back, not quite flat against his skull but enough to be respectful of the wolf in front of him. He looked like he could use a good meal, although he wasn’t sure this wolf... Triell he had said, would be able to pull it down himself. "Erebos Argyris." He finally responded, unused to exchanging his name with others. "Of Magnolia Glen..." He wondered if he should mention Phineas and Borlla’s name but thought the chances of the wolf before him having encountered either to be slim. So he kept his mouth shut for now.

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Triell Tainn
Another pack? Without thought his muzzle twitched, and he stared blankly at the water. He didn't know why that idea bothered him. In reality it was nice, that meant new blood, but he saw it more as his home being invaded. Even though the whole Relic Lore was not his, and he still wasn't sure he liked this part of it. That would be good to report to Ice, whenever the hell he saw him again...if he could face him. If. Triell could easily bring the face to mind, it could almost make him smile. There was so many things wrong about seeing his face, thinking about it contorting, growing sullen like his own. With Ice as his leader, Triell did not want his friend, his brother blame himself over the...unfortunate turn of events.

The wolf caught himself, and let his eyes meet the brute's a little longer. His name nothing Triell knew, but the Tainn tried to place it in his memories. He thought it unlikely it would stay as it was meant. Maybe, he was official damaged. Turning slightly, he gave a sudden blink of thoughtfulness. Magnolia Glen, perhaps wolves of that place would not be ones to pass out fears, worries, and pain. He wasn't sure what to think any more. Strangers were not exactly friends.

"Ahh, must be fairly new. I erm..came from the other side of the mountain but my pack is relocating south of here. Well, if my leaders decide it's to their liking." A faint grin dangled on his tired face, he had been asleep (passed out whatever) for who knew how long and he still had no energy. He wanted to laugh, just thinking of this large wolf among the flowers. Dark lips he kept tight, letting a paw swipe across his nose carefully while his brain got up to speed. Yes, this wolf could get him valuable information. Titling his head, he hoped he wouldn't sound too nosy."Out on patrol?" He inquired but decided that did sound an awful like snooping. Quickly he added, If we're going to be neighbors, I would like to know where your pack likes to hunt. I know I don't look it, but we do like to get along with others." Triell's grin stretched a little more, but it was genuine.

Inactive Deceased
Erebos Argyris

Slightly to the south of here. Was reasonable enough, with his own pack laying slightly more to the east than south, there was little risk of them crossing paths in a way that could be deemed threatening. Or so he hoped. Out on patrol? the dark wolf questioned further, he could only answer with a non-committal shrug. “You could say that I guess... More trying to clear my head. My brothers mate recently gave birth,” His voice trailed off momentarily, he was still suspicious after last time, but the girl his brother had chosen seemed nice enough. He just had to convince himself to give her a chance. “More... getting to know the surrounds, we haven’t been here long.” He tacked onto the end, hoping his quiet contemplation wouldn’t betray too many of his true feelings about the situation he suddenly found himself in yet again.

As far as where they liked to hunt... “Well, nothing has officially been established as yet, but I suppose if you settle to the south we could always head North... there are hills to the east and I don’t know about you, but I don’t favor chasing my dinner uphill.” A flash of humor passed his face. “I usually just go where the food is.” He finished with a cocky grin. “This place seems pretty abandoned at this point so there’s not an awful lot of competition. I’m sure we can sort something out once the rest of your pack gets here.” He offered as his own attempt at peace before the question struck him. “Why move?”

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
Triell Tainn
He was, or thought he should be, bothered by having a conversation with a stranger. He couldn't recall when he had ever hated chatting with anyone. Today he was rather grateful this one had found him. It eased his nerves, not having to think about what had happened, and instead on "normal" things that would matter with all these changes, for the future. Eyes carefully watched the white masked face. His deep tone was rather honest, but it hit a spot in the Tainn. Why did he have to clear his head with the arrival of pups? It reminded him too much of his elders again. Ruiko and Indru who eventually couldn't share the same place. Triell wouldn't ask if rivalry was the case. It was times like that he was grateful they were leaving the river behind. "Ah, I'm doing the same thing or trying to, " he half muttered at the end. He was hoping to attempt looking around a bit more.

Dark head titled with interest, wishing he had known they had not been here long. The answer was needed, and he partially smirked at Erebos comment. Yes, dinner was best being as easy as possible. Triell nodded his head, silently contemplating how well two packs on this side of the mountain could get along. Erebos seemed quite assured, but Triell did not want to get too hopeful. He was easily caught off guard by the question. He should have seen it coming. He was not all there, and he felt his lips tug in a frown. He tried to be casual as he answered."We don't want to be haunted by the past any more, and we see this as making a new start for the next generation."

The dark wolf took a quick drink, letting the water slowly fall down his throat. He was mostly clean, and decided his numb toes needed the warm air and sun. Carefully he stepped up the small bank, sitting closer to the silver wolf. "So, who is this brother of yours? My leaders are Ice Aesir and Corinna Donata."

(This post was last modified: Jun 06, 2013, 04:27 AM by Triell.)
Inactive Deceased
Erebos Argyris

We don’t want to be haunted by the past anymore... Now that was a sentiment he could share. The more he allowed himself to ponder the fate of Asphodel Meadows the more he realised that he no longer cared. Certainly he had left two brothers behind, children with their mother and Thorne. A more fitting name there never was for the thorn in his brothers side. When he asked about who his brother was and mentioned the names of his own leaders, Erebos couldn’t see the harm in letting the stranger... potential new neighbour, know.

"My brothers name is Phineas, his new mate is Laurla or Barrel or... Oh I don’t even know for sure. No point getting attached, she’s probably just like the last one anyway." His last sentence came out a little more bitter than he had intended but there was usually only a few reasons to be had for leaving a mate behind and he was almost certain the man before him would be more than aware of what those reasons could be. He knew full well his brothers lady was called Borlla but he didn’t want to seem to care, at least not until he had been given a chance to lay his eyes on the children himself. Not after Desdemona. Not after last time.

"Where is it you are trying to get to then, if your pack are relocating? Surely you don’t mean to try and scale the mountain in that sorry state?" he finally questioned. He wasn’t offering assistance by any means, but some people needed folly pointed out to them. He wondered if this wolf was one of them?

Inactive No Rank
Triell Tainn
want to wrap it up next? they'll have to meet again. :3
Triell Tainn
The dark wolf thought he would ask more questions, ones he didn't want to answer. Erebos seemed to know his limits or didn't care to hear the rest. Either worked for Triell. There was no need to have a whole heart to heart. No, just change of easy words that satisfied them both. Brow quirked briefly, but he nodded his head quickly retaining the information. Phineas and unknown. The silver man must not care for the woman. Triell wouldn't ask more, that just set him up to be questioned in turn. He somewhat chuckled, merely commenting,"That bad huh?" He could only imagine what prickled a man's brother. The dark man shrugged his shoulders. "Give her some time, it isn't always the girl who is a flight risk. Especially if she's stuck it this far." Though what would Triell know? Or why would he speak up for this..err what's her name? Maybe, because his brother had been the leaver in his family. Whatever, maybe those words would be thrown back at him. It didn't matter. It wasn't his issue, he had his own to take care of.

The Tainn laughed, amused by the question and not sure why. Shaking his head, he had no intention of returning to Swift River with his wounds."Well, I should go back to Spectral Woods. I was suppose to scout out some more. Since I found you I figured I would keep heading North to see what else there is." He kept his voice loose, not stating he didn't want to go home yet.

Inactive Deceased
Erebos Argyris

His own feeling about his female lead were mixed and he had always preferred to know exactly where he stood so perhaps that was the root of some of his stand-offishness. Regardless, it was not something he wished to discuss with a stranger, or even someone he knew. He was firmly of the belief that if he ignored the problem for long enough, eventually it would go away.

He listened as the male spoke of traveling further north and shook his head at the suggestion. “Further north is more of the same, west is the mountain, east is the creek by which we make our home... There may be more further along but I haven’t ventured that far yet... Surely if you mean to make the Spectral Woods your home you wouldn’t need to roam much further though. The place seems decidedly... deserted.” he finally admitted, being completely clueless as to the existence of the Aniwayans.

Sensing more than speaking that their encounter had reached a natural conclusion, he offered the battered wolf a final smile. “Well I’d best be getting back... I look forward to being neighbours Triell Tainn, I’m sure we will meet again...” he offered as he turned to depart, all thoughts of hunting now wiped from his mind. Now he simply wanted to get home.