387 Users Online
Jadon, Google, Bing, Apollo, Baidu, Jethro, Adora, Apolline

Driftwood Surge Pack Thread — Driftwood Surge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Kydnt who has 135 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Mako Coho
@Oksana

Mako's brows twitched as his eyes flicked towards the sound of someone else approaching with an uneven cadence to their paw steps. A dark little wolf, on that odd cusp between pup- and adulthood. She was obviously favoring one foot over the others. He sharply exhaled at her comment, snorting into the snow.

"Hmmph, I guess you could call it that," Mako remarked dryly. Well, he was glad that he at least looked busy rather than broody of all things. It wasn't really like he accomplished all that much while running himself ragged. Sometimes he caught something, or chased off a pesky fox, but more often than not he was simply distracting himself. It was easier that way. 

Ripping himself from the spiral of his thoughts, he turned his head towards her, his cheek resting against the cold ground as he directed his penetrating amber gaze towards her. "What happened to your leg?" He asked bluntly, happier to change the subject off of himself.
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
@Mako

He didn't move when she came up to him but she'd seen his gaze look toward her. He then snorted at her comment, she supposed he didn't agree, she shrugged to herself. Once she was close enough they could talk normally she sat down. It was a lot of work hopping g all the way back to the den.

“Well what did you do?” She asked and then she could judge for herself if he'd been busy. He at least looked like he was doing a lot more than she had been. Maybe she looked that way too though since she needed to rest before she entered the den.

She looked down at her leg after he asked about it, it now rested lightly on the snow. <B “I broke it,”</b> she stated rather flatly. She was still annoyed with herself for that decided. “I fell off a ledge in the mountains,“ she felt it was pretty straight forward after that.

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Mako Coho
@Oksana

Mako shifted his shoulders in a half-hearted approximation of a shrug, his head still firmly planted on the ground between his paws. "Eh, chased a deer around for a few hours." There wasn't a spot of blood on him, so it was clear what the outcome of that had been. 

Mako wasn't terribly great at reading emotions, and couldn't quite decipher her tone. He could dish it out, but really couldn't take it, could he? Was she annoyed at him for asking? He blinked, his tail shifting behind him as she elaborated just how she'd broken her leg. "Shit, that sucks."  He blurted out.

"How'd you manage to do that?" He asked with pale brows raised in curiosity. It was probably just something stupid like slipping on the way up, but maybe she had a cool story to tell anyways.
Played by Kai who has 617 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Oksana Baranski
@Mako

“That sounds like fun,” she stated when he told her what he'd done. A lot more fun than what she'd been doing. She doubted she would be able to chase a deer around for little while yet. She would probably have to work on strengthening her leg once it was fully healed since she hadn't used it in what seemed forever.

“Tell me about it. I haven't been able to do anything fun for weeks now.” She wasn't complaining though or maybe she was just a little. She knew it was her fault and this was her consequence for the mistake she'd made.

“I stupidly went looking for my mother and was trying to make it up the path when my back leg slid out from under me and I couldn't stop myself from falling.” It was a rather boring story but it had been rather scary when it had happened. “I'm surely not going to he doing that again.”

Please see Sharlee's OOC profile for OOC preferences, thank you
Inactive No Rank
Mako Coho
Mako shifted his shoulders again in another lazy shrug. It wasn't so much fun as it was distracting. But what really was fun, besides a distraction from something else he should be doing. Not that he really wanted to figure out what it was he was distracting himself from. It was easier to chase distractions than it was to focus on the important things.

His eyebrows lifted as she explained why she had been climbing up the mountain. There were so many things about this pack he just didn't understand. It felt like the monadnock all over again. She was so young... Where was her mother? Mako thought of his own mom, safe at home. As far as he knew, his father didn't really have a corporeal form so he was never particularly concerned about finding him.

Anyways, it sounded complicated and the Coho didn't really know what to say to that. "Ahh.... Probably a good idea." He hummed, not entirely committed to pulling the conversation further. Talking had been so easy with Ris... He didn't know why talking to everyone else felt like pulling teeth.