(See All?) Announcements
299 Users Online
Aquene, Bing, Google, Vasco

the jeep song — Thicket of Secrets 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Bryony who has 29 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Merlin Beauchene
What a place! Oh boy, what a place. In his two years of life, Merlin had never left home, and now he was here, hot on the heels of the love of his life. Or at least he was certain that's what she was supposed to be...If she hadn't run off. Cold feet, that was all. The silly girl was playing hard to get and all he had to do was reel her back in, show her the error of her ways. He would make her love him. What wasn't there to love? He was handsome, capable, well-spoken. It offended him greatly that she would make a fool of him. Had she seen some fault in him? He would need to find out.

But more about this place. Tightly knit foliage, threatening to grab him at every turn. It was spectacular, if not slightly claustrophobic. Merlin wondered if there was a hamlet somewhere in this place, for it would make excellent territory. His teeth click together as he sang a little song to himself, step over and around vines and logs. His nose was tipped upwards, searching for familiar scents, well...Scent. Her scent. Perhaps she wasn't here, though strangers he'd met on his journey spoke of these lands fondly. So, it was probably more than this dense wood. Merlin did not suffer from impatience, thankfully, or he would have been frantic, trying to find a way out of this place. Instead, he began to think of it all as a game. His song gradually increased in volume, until he sang out, <b style="color:#a59f32">"Distance seulement rend le coeur plus affectueux, mon chéri!" His tail swayed over his back, finding this new adventure quite exciting. <b style="color:#a59f32">"speech."

Played by Ghoff who has 312 posts.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
Silence surrounded the small dugout where the black wolf lay. Sunlight dappling his coat and making a few small patches of brown and grey light up. When the wind would blow and sway the trees, his fur would appear to morph. In a dream he was peaceful, then a sound, not loud but not exactly quiet began to worm its way into his fantasies. Like some other language it wreathed around him, filling his ears until eventually the black head of Hollow shot up and directly into the other side of the dugout. "Dammit, next time I'm sleeping in a bigger hole." He laughed off his bump and trained his ears towards the odd tune.

With his dark head rocking back and forth to the tune, Hollow suddenly realized that it was in fact some other language. Strange, he thought to himself, I've never heard that sort of language before, at least he sounds rather far from the border. I can make this to be a friendly encounter. With that thought, Hollow set off to find this mystery man. As he had hoped he was well away from his scent markers when he caught the aroma of the loner. So with a few well placed paw steps, and his experience living in the thicket for such a time, Hollow made his way to the front of the male before stepping onto the path before him. Hollow made sure his stance was neutral yet proud, this was not Secret Woodlands Territory, but it was close enough to be cautious. "Hello there sir, I heard your song from my border, I am Hollow Nite, of Secret Woodlands, what brings you to the thickets?" His tone was light as was the reference to the pack, enough to let this male know he was not in danger, but to be wary that the border was near enough to shout at.

(This post was last modified: Jun 22, 2013, 02:18 AM by Hollow.)
Inactive No Rank
Merlin Beauchene
A purposeless grin spread upon his muzzle, exposing his teeth, each like a ponard. It was an exciting time for him after all, so what reason did he have to be unhappy? His pace eventually slowed, leaving Merlin within shouting distance of a pack, though the man wasn't yet aware of that. Nostrils flared, taking in the scents of the thicket. It smelled mostly of flora, though there was a strong scent among it, titleless in his brain. He didn't feel overly weary of it, to be honest, though made a note of it. Although the familiar scent of his beloved lingered not in this place, so he, too, would not linger long. But perhaps if he were to run into one of the wolves holding onto such an outstanding odor...

And as though summoned, from the thick foliage appeared a black wolf. They stood nearly equal, though the man smelled strongly of whatever that scent was, likely a pack scent. Automatically, this man was above him, and Merlin found himself moderately irritated. However, the man knew his place, and quickly calmed himself, keeping his own posture neutral. His tail dropped, as well, though did not seek shelter between his legs. Merlin wasn't trespassing, so had no reason to cower beneath the male before him. <b style="color:#a59f32">"I'm hunting for a woman," He said, very matter-of-factly. If one wanted information, they had to be willing to give information. <b style="color:#a59f32">"You wouldn't happen to be able to assist me, Hollow, being a veteran of these lands, I assume?" Merlin smiled at the man, ears twitching. <b style="color:#a59f32">"speech."

No Rank
Hollow Nite
So far so good, the meeting seemed to be docile and calm, yet an inner guard was set, for Hollow knew of deception and trickery. Outwardly he appeared calm, though still set proud in his stance, as the other remained neutral. Hollow still felt strange to act as if he was even slightly above another, simply because he did not like to hold himself above others. Yet the male received it well from what Hollow saw, he did not perceive the slight irritation that pricked at the red male before him, nor did he notice that the wolf did not place his tail between his legs as most would. It would not have bothered Hollow necessarily but if the encounter went south, it could have been just the tell he would need. However the young male kept himself calm and merely hoped for the best. The sounds of wilderness rustled softly in the background as he contemplated what the red wolf had said. It was true Hollow had become relatively well versed in a good portion of the land this side of the mountain, and a small amount on the other side as he remembered the short but bloody battle that had taken place.

"I may be able to tell you a little, I do not know much about the other packs, but I do know that there are at least five. I can only tell you of one location however, south of here there is a pack, be wary of it's borders as the wolves there do not take kindly to intrusions." Hollow did not know exactly where his sister's pack lie, only that it was south, he played up their reception to trespassers so to protect them from unwanted visits by this male. "I also know that there are passes through the mountains to the other side though I do not know of any packs there, you could try to search there as well. Who is it you are looking for?" His question was direct, as Hollow had met many wolves and may know of this wolf Merlin searched for. Hopefully the information would be helpful to this wolf in some way, though Hollow's knowledge was limited it should be a start for Merlin.

Inactive No Rank
Merlin Beauchene
Even if his irritation had grown past a faint prickle, Merlin had half a mind to quench the vile flame of hatred. The male before him was a packwolf and, as he'd just arrived, Merlin didn't desire to be upon the hitlist of any of the packs here. He liked to keep his reputations free and clear and bury his filth. Thankfully, this male, Hollow, had done nothing to irritate the man, and so Merlin had no quarrel with him. In fact, the ruddy male hoped to get some information out of him. Although what Merlin had thought would be some sort of trial, seemed to be much easier. The intel began to spill forth. Pack-wise, Hollow was hardly helpful, though the man made a mental note to give a wide girth to the southern pack. Of course, he'd have to visit, on the off chance she was there, but he'd make it short and sweet.

The man's ears perked up as he was told of mountains. Excellent! This land was larger than he thought. On one hand, it meant more searching, but on the other, it almost ensured Merlin that she would be here somewhere, and with a land so large, someone here would have to know her. His fuzzy tail wagged with pleasure, genuinely glad to have run into the bright eyed male. <b style="color:#a59f32">"Her name is Arlette," Merlin answered, biting his tongue as more words threatened to flow. Her name was memorable enough. If a description was needed, then he had no faith left in this man. <b style="color:#a59f32">"speech."

No Rank
Hollow Nite
The young male thought of what Merlin had said. He racked his brain looking for an answer that would suit the other. Arlette was not a name he had heard pass the lips of anyone he had met in the lore thus far. But it was certainly not a very common name, one that was easily memorable. Hollow hoped that if Merlin continued his search for this she wolf, whomever she may be, that he would find her. After all, Simaea had found him and that was enough to instill faith that Merlin's friend would be found. A thoughtful look came about the black facade of Hollow, as he contemplated what to say.

"I've not heard of anyone by the name of Arlette, but if she comes this way I shall send her after you. I'm sorry I could not be of more help to your search." Hollow's face gave way to the truth of his statement, he really did want to help, but as he had not traveled far, nor for long he did not have the knowledge of these lands that Nina, or Ashanti did. With a twitch of his ear he dipped his head to Merlin in a gesture of kindness merely to assert that he was free to ask anymore questions if he so chose to.

Inactive No Rank
Merlin Beauchene
Merlin clenched his jaw as Hollow offered him no respite from his search. Of course this man would know know nothing. A look of general displeasure crossed over his face and Merlin shrugged, <b style="color:#a59f32">"I appreciate the thought, Hollow." He said, though there was no trace of true appreciation in his voice. Words caught in his throat, tempted to ask the man of his home. Perhaps its description would suit him at a later time, when he'd tired of being hungry and lonely. <b style="color:#a59f32">"Tell me of the land beyond these borders, Hollow. Perhaps you could help me with that?" A sarcastic sort of laugh lifted from his throat. Merlin was certain that his time here was running short though, so he would be no more than a scent patch soon. It was likely that this man might not give him much help the the attitude Merlin had given him, and the man was more than aware of that, and was fine if that was how this was to turn out. If Arlette had not passed through here, then he had no more business here. <b style="color:#a59f32">

omg i'm sorry this is so short.
(This post was last modified: Jul 08, 2013, 07:49 PM by Merlin.)
No Rank
Hollow Nite
Your move >:)
Merlin seemed a little put off at Hollow's lack of knowledge concerning this lost she-wolf. His ever present air of something like insolence... or arrogance did prick at Hollow. But still the male kept his cool, it would not look good to have loners blood spilled upon his borders over an attitude. Hollow's ears flicked at Merlin's words, and his tail inched up directly along with his head. Enough to remind the russet wolf before him just where he was. If he wished to find this "Arlette" then it would certainly be wise for Merlin to hold his tongue. for Hollow could very well hold back information, if that was what Merlin desired. A steel glint shown in his eyes, the young wolf did not intend to draw a fight however, the other had been edging more closely to being ... undesirable.

"Ah, I know that if you wish to have a good vantage point you seek the mountains, there are lands on both sides inhabited by many wolves. I suggest you go there first, that way you can see the land for yourself." His words were slightly clipped, as irritation was beginning to set in. Still he tried to give Merlin the best information a wandering loner could be given in Hollow's opinion. For he could attempt to explain for hours upon hours and never make Merlin understand just where everything was. However if Merlin saw for himself there would be no explanation needed. "If you head east from here you will find yourself at the foot of the mountain." Hollow fell silent, and wondered just how much body language and tone Merlin had picked up. Whether or not it would become a problem was a certain wonder in the young dark wolf's mind.

Inactive No Rank
Merlin Beauchene
Merlin didn't screw with fate. The man with little information had become little more than a pawn now, and so Merlin put aside any friendly social graces. However, that didn't mean Merlin would beat the dead horse. He wasn't out for a fight, merely a place to lash his tongue and now that he'd done that, his job here was done. He could hear that the wolf before him was hardly pleased with Merlin's sarcasm and tone, and while he would offer something, it was obviously quite an effort. Merlin's ears twitched, and he chose to ignore Hollow's almost open invitation to a fight. He wasn't looking to have the displeasure of a pack at his back, nor did he think he'd make it very far east with cuts and bruises.

<b style="color:#a59f32">"Thank you for your help. I shall be sure to sing your praises to any loners I may meet in passing." Merlin sneered, flashing his teeth at the man in a grin. Without another word, and with great swiftness, he put the man and his pack at his back, and made a run for it, heading east as he'd been advised to go. He carried himself proudly, with excitement, glad to be on his way to somewhere, rather than strictly depending on the itchings of his paws. <b style="color:#a59f32">

/exit Merlin

One last post from Hollow, and we should be at ten c:
No Rank
Hollow Nite
Hollow began to rumble deep within his throat as Merlin spoke. This male was beginning to toe a fine line and Hollow did not appreciate his tone and attitude at all. Merlin had very quickly become an irritable wolf that was pushing on Hollow's nerves, and the more of the snappishness the dark woodlands male heard, the more he wanted to lash and force Merlin down. But no he would not do that, Merlin was not worth the fight in Hollow's opinion. He would merely be wasting his time beating up on a loner while he was well fed and stronger than Merlin. But still Hollow made a mental note to remember that scent. Next time Merlin came around he would not be allowed to leave so easily.

"Good luck with your search, I do hope you find her." Hollow spoke in a very clear tone. Your welcome is gone, do not come back here Even though it would have been good for the pack to have another male, Merlin would have been a hindrance in Hollow's mind. Now he would never know and as the other male retreated away from the woodlands, Hollow snorted, flicked his velvet black ears and realized he could care less if that male joined Secret Woodlands. With that thought the young male trod back into the cover of the woodlands he called home. being very sure to mark the border strongly. More so than normal as he wanted to be sure he would not see Merlin again by mistake.