(See All?) Announcements
243 Users Online
Google, Adelard, Apollo, Bing, Chan

mesmerized — Mountain of Dire 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Der who has 35 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaune Black
Looming above her was the mountain that had greeted her entrance into Relic Lore, and which now moaned its goodbyes as it shifted underneath her departing feet. It was time for a change. The past few weeks had been the loneliest of her life, and having been unsuccessful in locating a pack by which to call her own, Jaune decided it was best to search for greener, more comfortable plains. Though she liked to believe otherwise, the female was still very much dependent on others to sustain her, whether in a physical or emotional sense. She needed relationships, needed them to keep herself breathing, moving. Without it, she felt purposeless.

Gaze floating upwards, she traced the tip of the mountain. Its jaggedness contrasted sharply to the softness of the white clouds, which drifted in a sky of robin blue. The sun, which was brighter than it was warming, gleamed off hidden stones lost among more ordinary rocks. Her gaze lingered on them, but she continued to move on. She was slow in her pace, not wanting to make a mistake on this tight-rope of a path, and as such, she felt rather deterred by her progress. She had never been known for her patience. Head falling low, she caught the glimmer of yet another stone, this one black and almost violet. Gaze lingering on this small treasure, she went over and stared into its swirling depths. Hypnotized, she delayed her journey for another moment.
Played by Brooke who has 3 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Violet Noir
A black shape creeps along the craggy rocks at the peak of the mountain bordering the lush green valley to the west, blending in with the similarly dark stone in some places and exposed in the brightly shining sunlight in others as she strolls along the plateau. Violet had been searching for her sisters for weeks now, ever since she had deserted the male she had abandoned them for in the first place, and the moon had gone through a full cycle without any trace of them. Even so, the soot-black she-wolf stubbornly continues her seeking, pursuing the faintest of traces that smells vaguely reminiscent of her long-lost sister.

Pausing on a flat rock to scan the horizon with hazel-green eyes, it isn't long before she spots the sandy-colored female standing a short distance below her on the mountainside, blinking once in mild surprise at having found one of her siblings so suddenly and unexpectedly. At least her search is half-way over, now. Carefully padding her way down over the rocks, Violet soon slinks up behind Jaune, murmuring as she approaches: <b>"You're a bit of a slippery one, sis'. Not so easy to find, the way you keep hopping from place to place without leaving a good track for me to follow."</b> Despite her somewhat chastising words, there's a grin on Violet's maw, if a slightly uneasy one.
(This post was last modified: Oct 05, 2010, 10:44 AM by Violette.)
Inactive No Rank
Jaune Black
It was an unpleasant surprise. Wheeling around with a look of horror on her face, she fell back a few steps, slipping on the loose gravel. Her sister was standing before her, truly before her, not as a phantom haunting her dreams, not as a figment of memory that was quickly beginning to fade. She didn't know how to react to this sudden manifestation, and as such was thunderstruck, her face unchanging even as she felt the heat of the sun begin to warm her cheeks, or the wind of the air blow coolly through her thin-pelted fur. Life was moving before her, but she was caught in something solid, immovable. Then when she processed the grin on her sibling's face, she realized that everything was not still, but falling apart, shattering around her as her anger forced through her barriers. The growl first started in her heart, gurgling out of her throat as she flashed white teeth. It was not that she did not love her sister, but that she had been hurt. Wounded. <b>"I was just on my way out,"</b> she said, wanting to leave, but finding her feet somehow stapled down to the earth. Her body ached as she continued to tense. She showed her own terrible grin.
Inactive No Rank
Violet Noir
Licking the bared lips of her muzzle, Violet's smoke-like plume of a tail stands boldly out behind her as she watches her sister react to her uninvited arrival. Her ears slick back at her younger sister's growl, returning it with a threatening rumble of her own, and scoffing at her attempt to excuse herself from the situation. <b>"What, you're not going to show your big sister around your new home?"</b> she taunts, stepping in closer to block off a potential escape route, invading Jaune's personal space in a manner most uncomfortable. <b>"I've been lookin' for a nice new place to settle in...maybe with one of my favorite sisters, you know?"</b> The dark she-wolf grins maliciously. <b>"Just like when we were pups."</b> Which is perhaps a time remembered a bit less fondly by Jaune than their father's favorite of the three daughters.
(This post was last modified: Oct 06, 2010, 10:44 PM by Violette.)
Inactive No Rank
Jaune Black
Insufferable. There was no better word that quite captured the loveliness of her older sister. Peering behind narrowed eyes, unimpressed by Violet's sultry tones, she shook her head with great forcefulness from side to side, adding a frown to emphasize her displeasure at the thought of guiding her sister around. <b>"This is not my home,"</b> she instead said with her words, unable to verbalize her true feelings. It was no wonder she spoke with such venom to complete strangers, for it was only with them that her heart risked little.

Yipping as her exit was blocked by her comparably larger opponent, she sneered. <b>"If it was so wonderful,"</b> she said, her voice airy and high in an attempt to make her appear larger and braver than she was, <b>"then you wouldn't have left us for your <i>petit ami, non</i>?"</b> She remembered when her sister, then still bearable, had abandoned her and Marron for a rather uncharming male. They had disappeared into a bloody sunset and had never returned. The mountain made her blood pump harder than usual, both from altitude and from sheer adrenaline of walking on such an uncertain surface, and she felt something evil crawl up her throat, slowly but surely until it was out. <b>"I can barely recall his name, let alone yours. Both are so forgettable."</b> She had no nobler intention other than to wound.
Inactive No Rank
Violet Noir
With one easy escape passage blocked by her ink-black form, Violet begins to push Jaune back in the only other direction immediately available, back along the trail coiling down the mountainside. Already using both her size and sheer will in an attempt to force her younger sister to back down, the midnight-furred female begins to utilize another tried-and-true form of manipulation as well. At the mention of her recent, less-than-favorable history of events, her eyes narrow briefly before her expression shifts into something reminiscent of, if not quite truly, tragedy.

<b>"Oh, Jaune..."</b> She lunges forward suddenly, though rather than the painful rips of teeth and claws that Jaune might have expected to feel, Violet merely nuzzles warmly up against her sister's neck in a rare embrace. <b>"He was awful! An absolute...monster!"</b> she bemoans in overly dramatic woe, leaning against the other as though in need of moral support. <b>"You have no idea how cruel and terrible he was to me..."</b> Violet whimpers pitifully, vying for Jaune's sympathy, though it's hard to tell how much of it is real emotion and how much of it is contrived. <b>"That's why I've come looking for you...I so miss my family!"</b>
(This post was last modified: Oct 08, 2010, 12:10 PM by Violette.)