Bing, Google

Silver Bullets — Red Fern Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Namara who has 37 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Isadora Montyago
@Borlla <3 Hover=Translation

Words: 490

Silver bullets to the heart for a packmate were bullets well taken, and Isadora felt like she was unstoppable that day. She had caught two woodchucks and a salmon, though not a lot of prey, she started to see her potential as a hunter blossom and she hoped it would make Ava proud that she had become a Darkwater hunter. Those prey were caught in the Darkwater Rapids territory themselves, and so Isa figured that around noon she would take her job outside the borders, and into the forest less than a day away from the pack territory. The crisp red ferns still fresh in summer as she padded amongst the roots on the forest floor, it reminded her of Silverhorse Grave and the pack territory that she had spent only a week in at most.

After having such a shifty childhood, she was not one to take things for granted, not like most other wolves did at least, some took packs for granted, some a family. She never had any of those things for long and so she barely experienced it compared to most everyone else. If her family was out there, they had probably disowned her, though they knew that if she were to marry that man that she would run off into the night. It was the fact that the pack was razed that made them disown her. She was on her own, or she was on her own. She had the Darkwater Rapids wolves now. Ava seemed to be nice enough, and took her in despite the threat if Indiago were to follow her to the pack borders.

Isa really hadn’t paid attention to where she was going, lost in her own thoughts as she walked right into a tree, backing up and cursing, her tongue not trying to hide her natural Russian tongue. "Yebat', chto ya glupyy. YA dolzhen udelyat' bol'she vnimaniya." She cursed out load, knowing that little next to no one would understand her foreign tongue, one of the few things she found she could use it for was swearing, and she tended to swear a lot. She had even sworn when she was at the borders, but it was just a silent one. When she didn’t want anyone to know something, she would say it in Russian and thus most would not know what she was trying to tell them.

When she freaked she also tended to use her favorite language, and spoke really fast. This time she had done both, sworn because she freaked out. She managed to calm herself after getting her fur into a ruffle and she hoped that no one, especially not one of her packmates, had seen her embarrassing accident. The fact that she had not been alert, and had run into a tree when she was supposed to be hunting was never a good sign, so she continued on, acting like nothing had ever happened.

(This post was last modified: Jun 30, 2013, 06:07 AM by Isadora.)
Played by Bryony who has 489 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
The past few days had been mentally exhausting for the Glen Leaderess, and so she had allowed herself a bit of rest. Departing from her keep early, she'd given her children a task to keep them occupied while she was gone, and left them under the watchful eye of her packmates. She wouldn't be gone long, just long enough to regain normalcy and certainly she'd bring home a prize to make up for her time gone. Putting on a smile, she departed north, heading towards the blinding red forest. The trek there wasn't long, and it gave her time to think and to breathe without having to worry about confrontation from her packmates, her children. She longed to speak to Phineas about her problems, vent about what had happened. She desired consolation. The woman felt foolish for her actions, for the moment of weakness she'd had letting the elder woman past the borders.

Soon, the shade of the Red Fern Forest found her, and Borlla let her paws carry her a bit further into the cold fire before she stopped. But her stillness only lasted but a moment, before the women bent down, the side of her head against the ground, and she slid until her entire side was among the ferns, and then she rolled upon her back. Her legs kicked in the air as she released the tension that had built up, and her paws scrabbled at the ferns, uprooting the smaller of the red flora. When all was done, she laid upon her side, concentrating on the rise and fall of her belly. She'd fallen into a trace-like state, though such a state was short-lived.

"Yebat!" The strangest sound, followed by more unintelligible words, broke the silence. Borlla legs were underneath her in an instant as she hid among the ferns, eyes searching for the source of the sound. Slowly, she crept forward, hearing the foliage ahead of her rustling. When she spotted the wolf, dark in coloration with the scent of Darkwater Rapids upon her, Borlla rose to her paws, tail curled over her back. Though she was not upon her lands, she took pride in her rank. Despite the position of her tail, Borlla showed no other signs of dominance as she took a few steps towards the woman. <b style="color:#32527a">"Are you alright?" She asked, a small grin cracked along her muzzle. <b style="color:#32527a">

Lurking until the end of July - Please PM/tag me to get my attention
Inactive No Rank
Isadora Montyago

Words: 460

Notes: Sorry this is short and crappy

Pain filled the girl’s head, it was pounding and she was officially an idiot. She should have noticed the tree, and she was so hung up on it that she failed to notice the scents of the other wolf around, or even notice the other wolf in general. That was until she stepped out of the ferns with her tail raised, it was an alpha true and through. She demanded respect like an alpha and she smelled like an alpha and instinct played into Isadora, she knew this lady wasn’t her alpha, but this also wasn’t her territory. Her tail tucked low and she gave a bow of respect as the female asked if she was alright. "Yes, I’m quite fine, stupid me walked into a tree because I didn’t pay attention to where I was going." She said, confessing her stupid move and then realizing that she hadn’t stuttered, a new accomplishment for her. An entire answer without a single stuttered word.

She waited to see how the alpha would reach, and she seemed to feel uneasy about being here all the sudden, she knew this wolf probably meant no harm, but the white fur set her off in her mind. What if she was the alpha beside Indiago? She didn’t smell like him, but more of another that she could not put her paw on. The sun shining down on her back from directly above told her that it was almost exactly midday and that meant she was missing her midday meal, but it never really mattered anyway, it was one of those unimportant meals, more like a suggestion. Not to mention she was doing something productive, technically she was hunting, but maybe if this wolf had a good drift with her, they could form an alliance, as in maybe the alpha saw light in Darkwater Rapids. But Isa never held her breathe for anything.

Sometimes, Isabel thought that she acted too mature for her age, but it was the experiences that she had with the outside world that made her the way she was. She was never too cautious and she was never threw it to the wind either. She was nervous above all else about making a good impression on this female, for she had felt the same when she talked to Ava about joining the pack she now called home. A smile was on the alpha’s muzzle and so a smile was on her muzzle, just a small one. "I’m Isadora Montyago of Darkwater Rapids, but most call me Isabel instead." She introduced herself fully. She had never smelled the pack scent that Borlla had on her, and thus did not know it by name. She felt like she was in a SCRUM situation, confused.

Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
(pft, don't be sorry. every post i make is short and crappy lol)

Borlla could only smile at the respect the female showed to her, despite the fact that she wasn't her leader, nor were either of them on their own land. The woman nodded her head, her tail wagging over her back. The yearling admitted her misstep, which explained the loud outburst that Borlla had heard. Her smile faltered a bit, fading into a look of slight concern, <b style="color:#32527a">"Oh...Well, is your head ok?" Thankfully, Darkwater Rapids wasn't that far away from the forest, so if her injuries were extensive enough, it wouldn't be too much of an issue to get back home. However, the girl didn't seem too bothered by her injuries, and Borlla saw nothing that alarmed her. Of course, Borlla was no medic and knew essentially nothing of medicine, so if something was wrong, she probably wouldn't have seen it unless it involved quite a bit of blood.

She still wondered what it was that the woman had yelled, and the smile reappeared upon her face, <b style="color:#32527a">"So, what exactly was that I heard? I certainly didn't understand it." There were wolves out that that spoke things of all sorts and Borlla would never understand them. She spoke the common tongue, just as everyone did, and that was all she'd ever speak. That didn't mean she wasn't interested in foreign tongues, however, which was why she asked to begin with.

<b style="color:#32527a">"Nice to meet you, Isabel. I'm Borlla Tainn. I lead Magnolia Glen, not far from here." She'd smelled the scent of the Rapids on the girl already, and so had already known that fact. She knew very little of the pack further north, save for their name and their scent, so Borlla wondered what she could learn from Isadora. Not that she had ill intentions, but when another pack occupied a space not far from your own, it was good to know your company. <b style="color:#32527a">"How are the Rapids these days?" Borlla asked, rather nonchalantly. <b style="color:#32527a">"I must admit, I don't know much about them. Shame on me, but the journey is a little too long." Shaking her head, the Leaderess laughed, and settled upon her haunches. <b style="color:#32527a">

Inactive No Rank
Isadora Montyago
<3 I love your writing

Words: 540

Isadora peered around as Borlla started to ask questions, ones that she never minded to answer, and ones that reminded her of a shadow or two. "It’s Russian, my native tongue, I probably wouldn’t have said such things if I knew that there had been another wolf in the area." She stated, figuring the female had heard her curse at everything around her, since she had not realized Borlla was there at the time. "My head is quite fine, it hurts a bit, but nothing a little rest won’t heal." She stated, she was curious about this wolf and how she seemed to know about the Rapids wolves if she didn’t come up here often. Last she had checked they were quite a new pack, and so Isadora was stingy with the information she gave out about the pack.

She then proceeded to introduce herself as Borlla, leader of Magnolia Glen. "Fairly well, though not even a day ago we had a strange wolf near the borders, she was odd to say the least and very down in the sand. She didn’t say much other than heading over the mountains and that ‘she was not accepted into a pack.’ Something about being disrespectful or not submitting?" The fact that this wolf was a leader of another pack not far from here, it meant that she might have a bit more insight to the ordeal, perhaps it had happened in her own pack, or a pack that she knew very well at least. Isabel was purely trying to figure out what the female’s issue was and what the other side of the story had to say.

She did not give out the name of the wolf whom had introduced herself as Silver Shadow, but she knew that whatever it was, she shouldn’t have disrespected a pack wolf and it was her own fault, her own downfall. "I’ll admit that I know little of the pack I call home, I joined barely two nights ago, I was out here hunting and scouting." She said as a final tidbit of information, one that she did not mind sharing, after all she was trying to be productive with her work. She had met only the alphaess Ava so far, but she liked Ava whom was a lot like her.

Ava had given her one thing that no other pack had bothered to give her, and that was protection and a place to call home. The fact that she was trusted enough to come into the territory and stay there despite the threat on her back, that was huge for her, it made her feel wanted, almost needed. She knew that even without her the Rapids were well better off, but with her, she felt like she had a purpose. She had been managing to bring in food for the cache every day, decent amounts always. Though it was all small prey that she brought in instead of the big stuff, she felt like the Huntress that she was raised to be. She had the hopes of gaining her pack role soon, or at least on her second birthday, and she also hoped to take up Ava’s offer and help lead a pack hunt soon.

Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Russian? Borlla could safely say she'd never heard of such a language nor heard it being spoken, well...Except for a moment ago. But it was certainly interesting. The woman only chuckled and shook her head, <b style="color:#32527a">"Don't worry about it. It's not like I have the faintest idea of what you said anyway." Her shoulders gave a little shrug. That didn't mean she was curious about what the translation was, but Borlla wouldn't bother asking. It likely wasn't anything appropriate, especially if it came out after a rather startling bump. So she'd let the woman have her linguistic privacy. Besides, it wasn't as though Borlla would have any use for it. She could be diplomatic when she needed to be, but it was unlikely that she'd ever need to know any language than the one she'd been born speaking.

Borlla regretted her over curious flood of questions. It seemed she'd never be free of the foolish Silver, even if it was just words. Instantly, the woman scowled, angered simply by the thought. So soon after being sent away from Magnolia Glen, she thought another pack would let her sorry face grace their lands? Though it seemed as though she'd begun to head west. Good riddance, and she was glad to know that the Rapids leader, whoever they were, didn't allow her entrance. The wolf had to learn. <b style="color:#32527a">"Ah yes, Silver. I sent her away. She was a dumb wolf. I'm glad to hear that she's making her way west. Maybe the journey will teach her some sense." The pale woman rolled her eyes, unwilling to say much else.

<b style="color:#32527a">"At least you're making yourself useful, right?" Borlla laughed, and her tail gave a little wag. She supposed she wouldn't get much out of this woman. It was no huge ordeal, of course. If she was truly curious, then she could go herself. But at least she knew the name of the pack, if not the names of its leaders. But she could only know as much as she'd overheard and smelled. <b style="color:#32527a">"Sorry about my uh...Nosiness," She laughed, smirking. <b style="color:#32527a">"I'm still trying to learn these lands, and any information I can get...Well, I'll take." Being denbound hadn't helped, but she had since began to scour the lands. <b style="color:#32527a">

Inactive No Rank
Isadora Montyago

Words: 479

Isadora felt like this female knew something, and then Borlla stated outright that Silver had been stupid and dumb, and Isabel could not help but feel sorry for both of them. Surely Silver hadn’t been too bad, after all she seemed nice and kind when Isa talked to her, and that was all that mattered to her, though she knew to be cautious in the future around her because no one ever realized how dangerous wolves could be when they first met. She smiled and nodded as the lady of Magnolia Glen, and she wondered if pack subtleties applied to leaders of other packs, perhaps if she called Borlla as ma’am or something, but she felt calling her ‘Borlla’ was too common and wasn’t quite giving her correct respect, even if she led a pack that Isabel was not a part of, it all confused her, making her head hurt even more.

The sun felt nice on her fur, and on the floor of the forest it made some of the leaves feel hot against her paws where she stood, her eyes calmed as she gazed at Borlla, though she did not want to look aggressive or anything, so she made sure that her eyes avoided the alpha’s gaze. Borlla seemed nice and respectful, two things that mattered to Isa greatly, she found when you were nice, most others were nice back and when you were respectful, most of the time you would be given respect. That was a code that Isa lived by, and she wanted others to live by too. Her lips parted as she spoke about the female’s curiosity and how she did not mind at all. "It is quite all right, I’m just new to the pack, so I don’t quite know how much information that my alpha’s want out to other packs and what is best kept secret." She said, her Russian accent strong.

Isadora hoped that this female was not in the works with Indiago; after all he knew all about her being nice and respectful, and probably told all his spies such things, but she would drop it. If he did come looking for her, she would show him just how willing she was to protect her new family, she would defend them with her life in necessary, that was all Indiago wanted. He wanted to claim Isadora’s life in exchange for her running away before they were to become, joint rulers. She refused to think that a marriage like that would work, and her family had disowned her for it. They knew that they would never control her life, but they tried to anyway. Her sleek black fur had stood on end, only the small little hairs on her neck, which was barely noticeable to those who did not look closely, it always seemed to happen with memories of the past.

Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
Although Isadora was unable to provide Borlla with much information about her home, Isadora herself was enough. The dark woman seemed pleasant and kind, so she doubted the wolves of the Rapids would be any different. She didn't seem fearful or angry. Borlla usually wasn't one to distrust wolves. She never really be wronged in such a way that would ensure that. Her ears twitched, and Borlla could only nod, and laugh. <b style="color:#32527a">"Oh, no worries. I suppose if I had any concerns, I would just visit myself." The pale woman rolled her eyes and then felt a bit bad. She'd requested information from Isadora, yet had quite loudly bad-mouthed a loner that had come across her borders. But Borlla was usually one to speak what she felt. And it was true. Silver had done nothing to garner respect from Borlla and the Glen Leader was in no mood to house a wolf that had no sense. She had two mouths to feed and teach as it was, she didn't need a grown third.

Of course, if Isadora couldn't offer anything to the new mother, then Borlla would need to get a move on. Pleasant conversations were nice, and meeting wolves from other packs equally so, but she was still little acquainted with her own pack mates and still had a bit of this land to get to know. Passing her tongue over her lips, Borlla glanced over her shoulder, all four paws shuffling upon the earth. <b style="color:#32527a">"Well, it was very nice to meet you, Isabel." The formal words sounded a bit clunky, but were honest. <b style="color:#32527a">"But I really ought to be creeping back towards home." Her words sounded mildly reluctant, since she really ought to have been getting back to her children, but also was interested in poking about the forest a bit more. <b style="color:#32527a">

Inactive No Rank
Isadora Montyago

Words: 315

She spoke of no concerns, and relief went through Isabel that she would not pry about Darkwater Rapids. Borlla had to leave, which made sense to get back to her pack, after all she was an alpha. Isa agreed, she had ought to be getting out of there too. "Yes, me too, Lady Ava will be wondering where I disappeared to no doubt." She stated almost diplomatically, she just hoped she wouldn't be running into any more trees on the way back, or worse, Indiago. Though she was beginning to doubt that she would ever see him again, she was still one to be cautious, especially with the white pelt colored male who wanted her head on a platter. He had sworn revenge, he swore he would find her.

He had taken out two whole packs to get her head, and she had evaded him both times, hopefully a third time would not happen. It was important that Lady Ava knew she had a man after her, and she was still taken in. She had never met or talked to Sir Kade, though she hoped he was quite as nice as Lady Ava was. Her parents had always taught her that female alphas were to be referred to as 'Lady' with they're name, so things like 'Lady Ava' or 'Lady Borlla' was how she had always addressed them and men it was 'Sir' so like 'Sir Kade'. Her Russian accent was still strong.

She looked up to the sky, and she wondered if the gods she had been raised to believe in were looking out for her. She had been taught that the god of war always favored children who listened to him. Perhaps she had listened to him, and he had protected her from the man. Also the god of the sea blessed her. She had been taught to believe in the 'Roman Gods'.

Inactive No Rank
Borlla Tainn-Argyris
As it seemed they both needed to return to their respect packs, Borlla would leave Isadora to it. She'd wanted to poke around a little more, but this hadn't been the first time she'd visited the Red Fern Forest, and it certainly wouldn't be the last. Borlla could only predict that "Lady Ava" probably wouldn't mind having her new recruit back either. It never seemed a wise thing to wander too far from home too soon, but Borlla wasn't going to hand out lessons to the woman. She was glad to have run into Isadora, even the faintest reminder that another pack was around was good. Perhaps Phineas would go on a mission of diplomacy soon. Borlla wouldn't have minded tagging along, but the woman knew well enough that her children would need her, and she so liked surprises.

Tail wagging, she took a few steps back, <b style="color:#32527a">"Watch out for those trees," With a playful smile, Borlla said her goodbye and turned back towards Magnolia Glen to keep a good and watchful eye on her children again. There were packs about. The reminder was good for more than just alliances and the like, but reminding her that where there were packs, there were loners and even pack wolves who didn't always have their hearts in the right place. A pup was a prisoner, a meal, a hostage, a price. Borlla was still learning about the surrounding area, but she was also slowly learning that motherhood meant keeping her paws in one single place. <b style="color:#32527a">

/exit Borlla