333 Users Online
Bing, Google, Apollo

why would you tell me that it's fate
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
ALL DA FEEEEELS. <3
Now that the blue-eyed girl had made a permanent mark on the boy’s heart, he could not imagine his life without her. His pack mates in the reserve had convinced the yearling that feral wolves were not to be trusted, that it was safer – and would always be safer – within their boundaries. Lachesis had carried that fear with him when Pyrrhus had forced him to leave, and it was this fear that still made it difficult for the ghost to trust strangers. Although he had been apprehensive at first, the bond between the dove and XIX developed quickly during their travels. He still thought of his former life, but the memories were reoccurring less frequently – this was his life now, and the Trail wolves were his family. It would remain that way until either he decided to leave on his own terms (which was highly unlikely), or Anastasia had a justifiable reason – that was not Reaper – and he would follow her.
“…but I put up with you because I love you.”
The words that fell from her lips dragged him away from his thoughts, muzzle lifting from her warm fur so he could press a quick lick to her cheek. “And I l-love you, not just b-because you put up with me,” he responded after a short pause, a warm smile spreading across his lips as he nuzzled into her fur once more. As long as XIX was with the blue-eyed girl he would always be home; she would always be the one that he went to first, and the one that would be able to break through his shell before any other wolf could figure out how. Their relationship was strange, and only strengthened over time, but for the two mix-matched wolves it worked beautifully.
Before answering, the boy nodded softly into her fur, pear eyes blinking shut as he breathed in her comforting scent. “I’ll b-be the best Healer ever,” he said quietly, voice barely above a whisper as he curled into the girl’s warmth.
[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Nova who has 443 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
LOL!

Lachesis and her were normal, at the very least. Looking from the outside in, singling them both apart, they likely would seem a strange pair. It was possible that once they were both alone, separated from one another, likely seemed exceptionally weak. They were both somewhat small in stature, somewhat fragile—but Anastasia was strong minded, as was Lachesis. They were quite fast, able to outrun most everything (she liked to think, anyways). However, together Anastasia felt like they were invincible.

Occasionally she wondered what would happen if she chose to stay behind in the Trail with Shade, Lachesis, Capella and the kids… then she wondered what Reaper might do. After all, she wasn’t sure how important she was to his collaboration yet. She wasn’t even sure if he had found anyone else besides Lachesis and Ana. From the looks of it, was pretty sure that the strong Arctic knew that Lachesis was likely not going to be a part of his organization idea. Ana adored Reaper, the way that he talked to her, saw such beauty in her and had never given her reason to doubt herself. Then again, neither had Nineteen. So her future was a definite unknown.

“Silly. I don’t put up with you. I enjoy you,” what a silly silly thing to think that she put up with his nonsense. It wasn’t nonsense, if that was how he felt then that was how he felt; there was no way that that wasn’t normal. Lachesis had every right to feel whatever came up, it was natural to feel angry and upset about being placed at the bottom. “I expect that with your awesome healing capabilities that you’ll be taking care of a lot of the kids boo-boo’s,” because they were soon going to be out and about getting themselves into trouble… Karpos already was.

i'd love more threads, so message me if you'd like one!
looking for friends, potential love interests and role-inspired threads!
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
started replying to this and "why i love you" came on shuffle IS THIS A SIGN XIX wasn’t sure how, but he knew that they would always be together, regardless of rank or what pack they belonged to. She would forever hold a piece of his heart, even if miles of terrain separated them. Having someone in his life, like Anastasia, who loved and cared for him so passionately often made the gangly yearling feel as though he was dreaming. How could a wolf as awkward (and useless) as Lachesis stumble upon someone who would do anything for him? Surely this was just some ridiculously long dream and the pear-eyed boy would wake up soon to find himself back in the Reserve with his family.
But the days kept stretching on, weeks passing… and she was still by his side. The meeting with Reaper had temporarily shifted their friendship, but the damage had been mended almost immediately and their bond had only strengthened. Although there they were separated by a year, XIX didn’t see age as a factor in their relationship – they just worked. The yearling knew that he would be capable of being on his own now, but he still depended heavily on the blue-eyed leader. Not for guidance anymore, but support and emotional stability. She knew how to fix him when he was wrapped up on his own thoughts and being strangled by his own negativity. No matter the situation, she always had an answer; a way to make everything better.
“You’re just saying that c-cause you’re n-nice,” the boy responded quickly while ‘bopping’ the blue-eyed Alpha playfully on the tip of her nose with his paw. Regret slapped his mind once he placed his paw back down on the cool stone, pear gaze falling on the pale colours that danced across the sky. Lachesis kept forgetting that his companion had an important role in Pitch Pine Trail – she was an Alpha, which meant she was slowly going to have less and less time to spend with him. There were responsibilities she had to uphold to, which didn’t involve Nineteen. He smiled absently at her comment about fixing the pup’s ‘boo-boo’s’ but his gaze remained forward, a small frown making its way onto his dark lips.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen

Sometimes it was kind of strange to be looking at Lachesis and seeing what she saw. It seemed strange now to even think about it but it came at her so suddenly that she couldn’t throw it away. The idea that if she felt so jealous of the time that he spent with Capella, then that had to be part of the reason that Lachesis didn’t want her to follow Reaper. She couldn’t be sure, of course, if that was how he felt about it but it sure was a strong feeling. She certainly wouldn’t want to see Lachesis and Capella running off together into the unknown world. It’d likely break her heart and it’d break further if she were to follow and continually hurt when seeing them. Therefore, she had to make it a goal to always be with him.

Normally Anastasia would have felt elated and happy about being called nice but something about it hit her quite hard. Perhaps it was such a stab at her (unintentionally) because she had begun to see herself as the weaker Alpha. She had always known that she wasn’t the strongest of wolves because of her small stature but was she too nice? Suddenly she forgot the subject of roles entirely and had suddenly transgressed into consoling him into a deep moment for her. “If we get any larger females here then it’s likely I can be challenged for my position,” she whispered almost inaudibly into his ear. She knew the time might come, it was likely.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
Although being in a pack with Capella made it easier to see both female’s that had stolen his heart, the boy still felt torn between them. He desperately wanted to make both wolves happy, but he knew one of them would feel left behind when he was with the other. Because of this, the gangly yearling often found himself wandering alone, drowning in a flood of thoughts. He knew that any other male in his situation would be revelling in the fact that there were two female’s at his beck and call, but XIX found it rather frustrating. Trying to divide his time (evenly) between them wasn’t easy – sometimes he found himself more focused on making them happy rather than keeping up with pack duties. However, the two females were important to the gangly yearling – they both held a place in his heart for separate reasons and were vital to his happiness. Without them, he knew that he would fall apart.
As soon as his companion spoke, eyes widening as XIX returned his gaze back to the blue-eyed Alpha. He had not met to upset his pale leader with his poor choice of words – or perhaps it was the tone he had used? Confusion began to gnaw at his thoughts, possessing the boy as he quickly shook his head at the girl’s comment. “You’re smart, kind, and a s-strong leader – perhaps not physically, but maybe Shade could help you w-with that?” Word vomit. It was pouring from his mouth before he could stop it, but he didn’t care. He had upset the girl and needed to fix it. Lachesis could not be the cause of her unhappiness, he just couldn’t. “The wolves of Pitch Pine T-Trail love you, Ana – they would n-not let another challenge your rank, even if she is bigger. You have the qualities of a l-leader, and you d-deserve your position.”
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">
Tough did not even begin to cover the feelings that she felt towards Lachesis. It was hard to explain to him the immense love that she felt for him, especially when she barely understood them herself. Age was really nothing when it came to the two of them and more often than not she forgot that he was younger than her and she was older. Sure, he was little bit more emotionally unstable than she was given that he had run off when given his rank rather than maturely discuss it with Shade or herself but she understood. It could be rough, even more so when she had always thought that the lowest ranked was the weakest wolf in the pack. That was how it had been in her previous pack but this place ran things a little differently.
Perhaps with Lachesis’ help she might be able to cope with this self-conscious behavior. It was really going to weigh her down if she didn’t attempt to bring herself up soon. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“Would it be weird to request from Shade to help me with that sort of thing?”<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;"> She didn’t know what sort of things that might bring up but she didn’t want to show her co-partner that she was weak, if he hadn’t seen it already. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“I don’t think that the members have a say in a rank challenge… they never did in my old pack,” at least from what she had seen and cared to be notified of but she could be wrong. Relic Lore was certainly turning out be a little different than usual.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
all i am is a man.
i want the world in my hands.
head in the clouds but my gravity's centered
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#8F5B9E;">
Lachesis didn’t quite understand the concept of ‘love’. It was confusing and involved nasty cooties, and the gangly yearling wanted nothing to do with it. At least, not yet. XIX barely managed to grasp that there were different types of love, as he was only familiar with the love that related to family members. Although they were miles apart, the boy still cared deeply about his family and hoped that they were doing well – originally, when first arriving in Relic Lore, Lach had desperately wanted to return to them, but now he was a completely different wolf. This place was his home now; there would be no going back, unless he was to return to Relic after.
Then there was Anastasia… and Capella. The yearling loved the two girls for different reasons, but the love was similar to how he felt toward his family – but it was also extremely different. He didn’t understand how he felt toward them, but he knew it was much stronger than the love he felt for his family. It had been hard for him to leave his parents and sister behind in the Reserve, but now he knew that if he were to leave the two female’s behind his heart would break. XIX could barely stand being apart from them for longer than a day (the past two days had been torture), he could not imagine what it would be like if one of them decided to leave Pitch Pine Trail. The feeling was strange and unfamiliar, but it consumed the ghost with a burning passion that sat within his gut, purring like a housecat whenever one of them entered his mind.
With her question, a warm smile appeared on his maw and he pressed a warm lick to her pale cheek. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#8F5B9E;">“No, I d-don’t think so,” the boy answered softly, tone sincere as he met her cerulean gaze. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#8F5B9E;">“I know Shade r-respects you, and you t-two are partners – I am p-positive he would do whatever necessary to h-help you.” And Lachesis truly believed that. Anastasia, out of the kindness of her heart, had accepted his offer to help his children – the boy knew that the chocolate Alpha would be forever grateful to the dove for what she had done. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#8F5B9E;">“I’m n-not sure… but I know Shade w-would not let another challenge your position.” The boy was confident in the words that fell of his tongue – Anastasia would never have to worry about her rank as long as Shade was leading alongside her.
Inactive No Rank
Anastasia Starklen
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">
No matter who she was with or where she was there would always be doubt. The doubt that one of these days someone would see all her tiny flaws and judge her. See her as a weakling, as a nobody that didn’t deserve to be leading beside Shade. To be where she stood, where Shade had placed her. Anastasia did not believe that Capella would reach her second year and challenge her, but it was the two newest females that caused Ana to worry. She didn’t know them and yet, she wondered if they posed a threat to her standing. It was silly to think it, as Shade had made the decision to shelter them. Easing herself a little she allowed her to realize that she would just have to meet them herself and gather an idea of their intentions.
Love was a strong feeling. One that Anastasia could never stop feeling—she felt it towards everyone. Literally. All because she had this horrible (yet significantly humble) quality that allowed her to fail in seeing the bad in anyone. She could not see evil in a wolf’s eye, nor in their tone nor tongue. A stranger was simply a friend without a name, a wolf unmet that would soon be known. She knew no stranger, not really. Upon meeting Lachesis she had not shied away from him but instead went to him, coaxing him to talk and walk with her. Eventually the two became as close as can be and she had a feeling that he wasn’t the only one she could mold from a stranger to a friend.
<b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“We shall see then,” she answered almost hoarsely as she gathered her wits and lifted her head to look at out at the northern lights. They were quite spectacular tonight and he had chosen one hell of a spot to gaze. At least here, in the Trail, she felt safe and taken care of. Whereas out there in the various locations the pair had stayed she had always felt watched and vulnerable. Now she was something to look at and others had to think twice before crossing her. <b style="font-family:georgia; font-size:12px; color:#2AA6E0;">“Shall we head back home now?” she answered adamantly, itching to return back to the Trail so that Shade could see that everything would be alright. They had sorted things out and Lachesis was interested in earning a role to better acclimate into the hierarchy come his next birthday.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
Although Lachesis was happy to be a part of something – he never imagined been accepted into a pack after leaving the Reserve – he knew that things were starting to change. With Anastasia possessing the position of a leader, the gangly yearling was worried that their relationship would begin to strain. Not only was she responsible for Shade’s children, but she was also accountable for the rest of the Trail wolves. As much as the boy would like his blue-eyed companion to constantly be at his side, XIX knew that it was unrealistic – she had her own duties to attend to and could no longer babysit the ghost. As much as he wanted to be selfish and keep Anastasia all to himself, he knew that he couldn’t – his companion was meant to lead a pack, and he didn’t want to steal away her happiness. He loved her far too much to be selfish, and only wanted what was best for the slender dove.
Home. The boy knew he couldn’t put it off any longer. It had been childish of him to run off – he should have stayed and questioned Shade about the ranks, rather than act like a cub. Surely that was what his pack mates thought of him – what did Capella think of him for disappearing? Even though he missed the dandelion-eyed girl, XIX was glad that it had been Anastasia who had gone looking for him. She was the one that was capable of breaking through his shell and getting the ghost to cough up what was bothering him.
Pear-coloured eyes followed his blue-eyed dove’s gaze out to the painted sky, brows narrowing as he studied the strange colours for a moment. They reminded him of his former home in the Reserve, and Lachesis realized how thankful he was to his brother, Pyrrhus, for forcing him to leave. He felt foolish for ever wanting to return to his previous life – Anastasia was home now. Returning his gaze to the pale female, XIX offered her a crooked smile, tail giving a quick thump against the cool rock. “Yes, lets g-go home.” With that comment, the alabaster male started his descent toward the Fen with the blue-eyed dove following close at his heels.
(This post was last modified: Jul 31, 2013, 09:09 PM by Lachesis.)