(See All?) Announcements
290 Users Online
Bing, Google, Aquene

Herbs for you...and maybe for you too — Whisper Caverns 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Mily who has 369 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
@Narimé for a bit, and then @Simaea when Inali calls for her:) Based after WR trip

6/03/2013
Early evening. 7:00 p.m.

Inali's paws thumped against the soft grass of Drooping Willows, glad that she was almost home. It hadn't been a long journey, per say, but the young Scout was eager to get back to her familiar lands. Back to her alphas, back to her family.

The trip itself had taken a couple hours. Arriving to Willow Ridge borders was not a problem, it didn't take long. Running to Lady Elettra's medicinal den, chalk full of herbs, now that took a bit longer than expected. It was at the very east of her borders, near the foothills of the mountain. Lady Elettra had explained which were the herbs that she was giving Inali to take to Narimé, and what were there exact purposes.

Now holding the thyme, ginger root, and Chamomile firmly yet gently in her jaws, the wolf broke through the trees and greenery of Drooping Willows to enter the tall, familiar grasses of her home: Hush Meadows.

She had been Scouting much around her lands, and was getting close to knowing the borders almost like the back of her paw. They were becoming increasingly familiar, and Inali's lithe body weaved through the dense grass easily.

Crossing the borders, Inali's brisk run decreased to a slow jog. Nearing the entrance of the birthing den, the young fae whined softly in greeting since she couldn't do much of anything else with the plants still in her mouth. And also she didn't want to be too loud if Sloane, Narimé, or the pups were already asleep.

Walking a few yards away from the den, Inali sat down on her haunches, her brown tail curling around her comfortably. Lowering her muzzle to the ground, the plants that she had refused to let go of for her whole journey back home, fell to the ground. Pawing them softly, she separated them into the plants that they were. Thyme, ginger root, and chamomile. They were in near perfect condition.

With a grin of triumph, Inali lifted her head. She had successfully completed her mission. And Narimé would soon get better. What more could she ask for? The soft sounds of the night as her companion, the young woman awaited the appearance of her alpha.

(This post was last modified: Jul 12, 2013, 01:01 PM by Inali.)
[Image: hashtags-inalinaia.png]

Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Half asleep Narimé barely heard her subordinates call to her from the entrance of the den. Groggy and in pain Nari yawned loudly then licked her dry lips. She would have to leave the den and get a drink soon. Was that the reason I woke up? she lazily asked herself the womans body still held onto by fatigue. Dragging herself to a sitting position the young mother sat like that for a few minutes as she woke up unaware of Inali just outside the den. It wasn't until a calm breeze ruffled her fur and brought in the rusty fea's scent to the alpha's nose that she realized she wasn't completely alone with the pups.

Standing warily on her four paws the Lagina she wolf tipped her head to the side listening for Inali. Had that noise from before had been her? Curious the silver wolf padded slowly into the daylight looking around the edge of the opening to the form that sat not too far away. The reddish woman had little piles of something at her paws and held her head and tail high. For a moment Nari looked at the proud womans back thinking how noble she looked. Then she stepped forward uttering a soft "woof" to alert Inali she was awake.

"I take it your journey went well then?" Narimé was impressed with the speed Inali had returned by. She had made a good choice in making the rust backed female a scout like she had wanted.

Nari dipped her head to sniff the little piles at Inali's feet. The faint but familiar scent of Elettra clung to the smelly plants allowing the young woman to relax. She was very glad that Elettra had helped. Perhaps when I'm better I can take the time to hunt and bring something to El's border as thanks. She thought quietly then looked back up to Inali. "What are these exactly?" She asked wondering what types of herbs the dark alpha had decided to treat her with.

Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
Here it is:)

Inali was busy staring at the darkening sky, when she heard a soft 'woof' coming from behind her. Turning around, a smile curved upon her muzzle as she noticed her alpha.

"I take it your journey went well then?"

"It went extremely well," the rust-hued woman responded with a smile. Watching as Nari headed towards her and bent her head to take a sniff of the plants, Inali waited for Narimé to say something.

"What are these exactly?"

Inali cleared her throat, time for business, she thought with an amused glint in her eye, though she quickly sobered up.

Pawing at the plants softly, Inali looked up at Narimé and began. "Lady Elettra was saying that your lack of weight, and the dizziness were connected to the lack of food in your system. The puking was due to the pain in your stomach, and if we could tackle those two problems, then the other symptoms would gradually decrease."

Her right paw moved toward the far left plant and nudged it over to Narimé. "This whitish-greenish root is called Wild Ginger. Chewing on its roots help treat digestive disorders and disgruntled stomachs."

Pawing the middle plant over to Narimé, she began to explain that one. "This is Thyme. It's actually a plant that can be added to our own storage, which we should tell @Simaea about sometime soon. It promotes digestion for whatever you could get down to pass quickly. You'd need to chew the leaves, and wait a couple of hours for them to take effect before you tried eating again."

Pushing the last plant her way with her muzzle, Inali spoke. "This last one is Chamomile." It was a small cluster of stems, topped by small white flowers and yellow centers. "This would have to be taken before the thyme plant and ginger root. According to Elettra, this plant helps many problems inside the body when the flowers are eaten. It should also help you sleep." Taking a soft breath and exhaling, Inali took a breather between words. Continuing, she warned, "But you have to be very careful with that one Nari. It can't be taken when pregnant, because it is known to cause miscarriage. " Her blue gaze gleamed with how serious that latter piece of information was. When or if the next litter of pups decided to come along, Narimé had to be very careful of which herbs she took in.

Inali's serious demeanor vanished, and she was once again relaxed. She licked Narimé's chin in a submissive gesture. She didn't know if her serious tone was mistaken for a commanding one. Inali knew she had absolutely no say in that department. She was fourth in command, maybe soon even third. But the thoughts of rank challenging Simaea still had not entered her mind as of yet. Those were for a future time.

(This post was last modified: Jul 17, 2013, 06:57 PM by Inali.)

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Nari nodded happily after Inali answered. Extremely well... The silver wolf was glad to hear those words, and even happier to see the bunch of herbs at the younger wolfs paws.

Then the scout began spilling out information on the plants at her feet. The first which Nari scented and observed its features quickly, was wild ginger. She would try to remember that for later and the directions for its use as it would likely be needed if Nari were to have to take the herb herself for some reason. Only if Simaea is gone though. Mostly I'll probably take it when I'm around her.. She examined the plants neat rounded leaves each dividing into smaller stems that converged into one long light green stem towards the base. The leaves themselves almost looked like the back end of a deer to Nari though (to a human it would look heart shaped). Wild ginger, rounded leaves with a single stem at the base. Each leaf has its own dividing stem and the scent. She made sure to put the looks of the plant with the scent. If anything she would at least remember what the plant itself was.

The next plant was thyme as told to her by Inali. So the plant will help get the food to go through me instead of in and then back up. Nari was glad there was a plant that might help her with that. She had really disliked puking secretly away from her packmates every time she ate a little too much that set her stomach off.

Quietly Nari listened and on her own she scented the herb and viewed its pretty leaflets. The stem was wooded and brown showing that this was actually a woody plant and not an herb, but its uses were still much like the other medicinal plants in piles on either side. Whether herb or plant it would help the silver alpha get better and that's all that really mattered. Nari noted the woody main stem then took a number of breaths to remember its scent. Off of the main brown stem many other smaller green stems cluttered by tiny leaves grew giving off that herb-like smell. This one might be easier to remember.. Thyme.. thyme, thyme..remember thyme to help push food through the stomach Nari. She told herself over and over then reviewed the wild ginger once to make sure she had that one correct.

The next plant looked much different than the other three. For one thing there were flowers upon the longest stems. Pretty yellowy white petals with bright yellow insides decorated these flowers. "I think I've seen these before, but I never knew what they could be used for. Chamomile hmm.." She repeated the word for the flower several times while looking over the rest of the plant. The thin leaves that divided off the stems looked almost like wild parsley leaves, though the scent of those two plants would be much different in comparison to each other. Use this before the other two herbs. Good for your belly and to help sleep, chamomile chamomile. Nari repeated chamomile and its uses setting them to memory like she was trying to do with the other two herbs as well. Once she was sure she could recite the flowering plant Nari began repeating all three herbs and their uses while scenting each plant as she got to it in the repetition.

The warning from Inali didn't worry the new mother too much. It also brought out a chuckle from Nari. She wouldn't be having pups again for a while. Not till next year and hopefully by then she wouldn't be using these herbs anymore. So the danger would be over well before next mating season. Hopefully.

"I understand Inali. And sorry for my pause before. I'm just trying to remember these herbs you know? They could be useful at other times when Simaea isn't around." She voiced her reason for being a little quiet before making sure that Inali knew that Narimé had been listening intently.

"But I can't thank you and Elettra enough for helping me out. I was starting to get really scared about this. How thin I am. I'm so happy to know that these will cure me. I wonder how long it will take though?" Nari looked to Inali not hiding the unease she'd had for a long time lurking in her gaze. However now there was also a spark of hope in those blue depths as well. Unable to hold back a grin the silver she wolf stepped forward and bumped her head affectionately against Inali's shoulder. "You did really well! Thank you."

(This post was last modified: Jul 17, 2013, 07:03 PM by Narimé.)

Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha
Sorry i took so long..

Inali watched patiently as Narimé sniffed each of the plants, and seemed to be in her own little world. The young woman let an amused smile curve onto her muzzle as her alpha apologized.

"I understand Inali. And sorry for my pause before. I'm just trying to remember these herbs you know? They could be useful at other times when Simaea isn't around."

"Don't worry Narimé, I understand. There's nothing to worry about," the rust hued girl responded.

"But I can't thank you and Elettra enough for helping me out. I was starting to get really scared about this. How thin I am. I'm so happy to know that these will cure me. I wonder how long it will take though?"

Inali sighed heavily. "That's the thing Nari, I don't know how long it will take, but hopefully not too long. But don't worry about that either, you'll feel better in no time!" The last sentence that escaped her maws was uttered in a bright tone, not like the previous words that sounded all melancholy. Her tail thumped softly against the grass, and a light flush creeped upon her body at Narimé's next words.

"You did really well! Thank you."

She lowered her head quite bashfully, and her paw made a small circle in the ground. "Thanks, and you welcome." She responded with truth ringing in her words, and her blue gaze lifted to Nari's own. Narimé nudged her shoulder affectionately with her head and Inali grinned, the bashfulness gone. She was back to her regular self.

Just then she noticed how dry her mouth really was. She'd have to go for a drink before she headed off to sleep. Looking at her alpha, she wondered if she was thirsty also. "I find myself suddenly thirsty, would you like to go for a drink with me?"" she asked. An afterthought popped into her mind and Inali spoke again, "If you decide to go, maybe we could stop by the Caverns and call for Simaea? I could tell her about the Thyme, since it could be added to our own storage."Standing up on all four limbs, Inali stretched quickly, waiting for Narimé's response.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Crap post is crap

Hopefully... Nari thought, The herbs will heal me up soon enough to help out everyone a little more. She shrugged when Inali said that she wasn't sure how long it would take for the herbs to work. Even so Narimé had much higher hopes than she had before Inali left for her mission that she would get better soon. For her sake and the darling pups that lay someplace behind her.

It was then that the rusty subordinate spoke of getting a drink. The question made Nari think of her own thirst and quickly Nari nodded agreeing to travel to a water source with Inali. Her fur shivered as a breeze passed over from behind the silver wolf. IT made Narimé turn to look back at the den. They would be safe for a short time while she was away.

"Sure I'll get a drink but I think you can find Simaea on your own. I don't want to leave those three alone for too long." The young mother gestured flicking her silver banner to the birthing den where the pups lay hidden somewhere inside. Standing up and stretching for a moment Nari let her muscles relax then glanced back at the mouth of the den suddenly nervous again. With a quick last looksee in the earthen hole to scent each fuzzy body that lay within Nari finally got up the courage to leave the pups for a short time.

The young silver mother then smiled and with a, "I'm ready to go.." Nari began to pad slowly scenting around for a puddle that might have escaped the heat. Most of the water filled area's were now gone with the summer heat, but a few might still be around underneath the forests cooling canopy. Or... The two females could head towards the caverns which was sure to have some water in the deeper tunnels.

Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha

"Sure I'll get a drink but I think you can find Simaea on your own. I don't want to leave those three alone for too long."

"Of course and it's fine. I'll find Simaea on my own," Inali responded to Narimé's words as she watched her alpha flick her tail towards the birthing den. She understood. Nari had pups to care for, and there was still dangers lurking. She probably didn't want to take any risks, and that was good.

Waiting patiently for Narimé's motherly concern to ebb as she checked her pups, Inali lowered her muzzle to the ground. It was getting harder to find puddles of water these days with the summer heat as it was. She glanced up at her alpha as she announced that she was ready to go and lowered her own muzzle to the ground.

Inali being her usual self had explored the Caverns on her own, and had found many tunnels. But for the life of her she couldn't remember which ones held water and which did not. Huffing silently in frustration, she lifted her muzzle from the ground. Her words were for Nari as she spoke. "I was exploring the Caverns some time ago, and found some tunnels. But I don't remember which ones of the tunnels that I found held water or not. Do you know of any?" She hoped she did because she didn't want to spend too much time looking for some water.

Lowering her muzzle to the ground to scent some more, her ears were alert to see if Narime had an answer to her inquiries.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

They were just about there. Passing through the mixed cedar, willow, and aspen trees that made up their tiny piece of forested territory; Nari spotted the raised earth that marked the hill where their cavern lay beneath. Ignoring the chattering squirrels that sped up the trunks of the trees the silver wolf trotted around the large hill following the path to the large mouth of the cave. She paused at the mouth of the cavern briefly remembering how happy she had been to first find this entrance. That seemed so long ago to her now, but it had only happened a matter of months ago.

Nari's ears swiveled to take in Inali's words clearly. The scout asked about tunnels that had water within them. Turning her blue eyes to Inali, Narime smiled and answered her.

"There should be one nearer to the entrance. Though that tunnel had shallow water. Maybe its dried up now that its summertime. But I would think the deeper tunnels would hold more water." She shrugged then started forward into the dark of the cavern. The silver wolfs pelt shone brightly in the gloom as she padded confidently into the darker parts of the caverns main room. Firstly she checked the small tunnel that should have had water. However it seemed the water had in fact dried up. So we'll have to go deeper for water during winter and summer when the ground water is low? She wondered while pausing to sniff at the dry stone that once held a small puddle of water.

Turning she headed back out into the main room once more padding towards the far end of the entrances large space. Another tunnel that led farther into the earth lay in a shadowed corner. Nari's ghostly form disappeared into that tunnel waving encouragingly behind her for Inali to follow.

After a minute or two of padding along the dark using her mental map of the cavern Nari found another of the tunnels that should have a whole pool of water covering three quarters of the floor. She stopped on the limestone bank of the underground aqua-scape looking down at the water. It did seem shallower than the last time the silver wolf had visited. However there was plenty of water for the wolves to drink from.

"This is one of the two other tunnels that hold water. I believe there are many more tunnels like this however we blocked off the rest of the tunnels that might harbor pools of water. " She dipped her head and lapped up the fresh tasting water. It seemed much cleaner than the water from the marsh or lagoon above. Perhaps due to the large amount of stone that the water had to filter through the water became fresh and clear. Much like spring water.

"I just hope there's never a drought cause our water might dry up." She looked back into the farthest part of the room where the woman could barely make out the stalagmites and stalactites that littered the far end.

Inactive No Rank
Inali Wayha

The woman was silent once more as she followed behind her alpha, and her ears pricked attentively as she took in her words. Inali watched as Nari confidently walked deeper into the main cavern, and the girl was uncertain if she should follow or not.

The decision was made as Narimé appeared, and scurried into another part of the cavern, her tail wagging. Her small paws obediently followed and silently moved through the tunnel, tailing Narimé. She hadn't explored this tunnel yet, so she didn't know where they were headed.

From that tunnel, they merged into another, and all the while her mind was calculating. Her eyes were roving everywhere, taking every little detail she could in the dark. She was remembering, committing to memory how to get back.

Exhaling softly, they had both stopped near a small-ish pool of water. Her ears were pricking once again in attention as Nari began to speak. Lowering her muzzle, her small pink tongue escaped her maw and she began to drink from the shallow-ish pool. Once her dry throat was quenched, her muzzle was dripping slightly.

Lifting her head up to align it with her spine, her eyes trailed the cave, her body relaxed. She was kind of sleepy, and she took a sharp breath inward to awaken her senses, exhaling slowly after a couple of moments.

Walking toward the silver mother, she licked her chin in not only a submissive gesture, but an affectionate one also. A ghost of a smile was playing upon her lips as she stepped away and opened her maw to speak. "I think it's time for me to go to bed. I will see you tomorrow, my queen."

A teasing lilt was in her voice as she muttered softly the last two words, since she remembered how Nari did not want her to call her that. With a last nudge of her muzzle to her alpha's own, the young woman turned around. Jogging smoothly, her mind recalled easily the way back to the main cavern. And as she laid down a few feet away from Minka and her lover boy, a smile curved upon her muzzle. It had been a good day indeed.

{Exit}

(This post was last modified: Aug 08, 2013, 04:51 PM by Inali.)

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Watching Inali quietly now Narime saw how she tried making a mental map of where they were. Much like how Nari had done so the first time she had fallen into the maze of tunnels within the cavern. She'll get it soon enough. the thought quietly slipped through the silver womans head as she stood listening to the dripping water all around them.

Once more Nari dipped her head to drink making sure that she wouldn't have to come back for a while. She wasn't exactly tired yet. No instead she felt a little bit of hunger gnaw at her belly. The gray wolf would probably seek out some food her hunters had caught once she was done here. Taking a step towards Inali as the scout led them back the way they had come, Nari wondered if she should check on the tunnels that had been blocked by the pack when they first arrived. Just to make sure the walls of sticks, twigs, and thorny plants were holding up well.

I can do that later since it's only us adults in here. Everyone knows not to go farther than those blocked tunnels. The silver woman followed Inali out into the dimly lit main room of the caverns' entrance. Nari paused when Inali did and smiled when the red hued woman licked her chin. Though the smile turned upside down once the cavern scout called her "queen" once more.

"You just say that to bug me don't you." A smirk flashed across her light and dark gray face while Nari nodded dipping her head in farewell. She had to go back to the pups. However much the young mother wanted to be with her pack mates enjoying their company the pups came first. Instead the gray wolf had little paws scrambling over her body to look forward to.

"Get some rest. You've done really well. Just remember to tell Simaea about the herbs. " Nari padded out into the cave noting the presence of her other pack mates but not bothering them as they rested. "See you later Inali." With a final farewell the silver wolf turned and trotted back out into the bright world towards her smaller homy den where the pups waited.

(Fade out)