(See All?) Announcements
703 Users Online
Google, Bing

Moving Up — Pitch Pine Trail 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Whisper who has 125 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

Perhaps it was because of her loss of memory, and lack of a past that had her so suspicious, so jaded by the world. She could have been ANYTHING as a wolf..And it made her suspicious of others and their intentions, and made her pay far more attention to her gut instincts than most. She, like Shade, hoped that the worries she had of the other were unfounded. When he told his story, she listened, frowning at the news that his mate had left, leaving her two young pups behind to starve. It had her thinking highly of Anastasia, but also feeling bad for the dark-pelted male standing before her. Spectre stepped forward to close the distance, taking a chance and lifting her muzzle in an attempt to brush it along her leaders cheek. She had intended it to be a comforting gesture, and not anything relating towards a dominance match of any kind.

Pulling away, she lowered her head once again, wagging her tucked tail nervously. "For what it is worth, both you and Anastasia are doing fine jobs as alphas.. I have seen nothing wrong in the way you two have led the pack..I just..I fear for the stability." Of the pups who were abandoned by their mother at such a young age, how could they hope to come to terms with something like that? Was it even possible? How could they come to accept another female as their 'mother' as they grew older. Adsila already had a stubborn streak within her, one Spectre hoped to attempt to curb towards hunting rather than being hot headedly arrogant. A pack hunt would be likely to help bond them together as a pack, and she offered her alpha a smile. "Who will be leading the hunt? And who will be remaining behind to keep the children out of danger?" Spectre was well aware of the danger a hunt could pose to young pups.. Even if they were a few months old. The prey could bolt their direction, or another predator could be drawn by the sounds of a pack hunting in search of a free meal.

Word Count: 355
Played by Namara who has 438 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer

Shade was nervous almost, as if something would happen that he did not like or approve of. "For what it is worth, both you and Anastasia are doing fine jobs as alphas.. I have seen nothing wrong in the way you two have led the pack..I just..I fear for the stability. Who will be leading the hunt? And who will be remaining behind to keep the children out of danger?" He hadn't thought of it much, he knew of a few he wanted in the hunt for sure, Capella, Spectre, Anastasia and himself for sure. But who would watch the children? "I was thinking that ILL or Lachesis, maybe even Silver might stay with the pups, I know that you and Capella, Anastasia and myself will be actually hunting for sure. I'm just not sure about who else would want to hunt, and we only need one wolf to watch the pups." He stated.

Her muzzle brushed his cheek and he was a bit confused, but he then remembered she knew now of Rosealia. It had been hard for him, and she was right, he had picked a good fae to lead beside him when he had no mate to fulfill the job. "I worry for stability, and I also worry about next pup season." He was a bit shy talking about that topic, breeding. He had children, and they were happy, and he knew Karpos to completely trust Anastasia like she was his own mother, he had not necessarily talked to Adsila about her 'ma'.

[Image: pinepride7_zps7a552c31.png][Image: ShadeSig_zps8e8a9e64.png~original]
Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

His concerns were valid, but the way Spectre saw it, they were far off. The pale female smiled, her tail wagging once again as she looked at him, taking in the words he had to say. "Silver is also able to hunt, but will she be returned from her mission by then? Perhaps I could spend the next few days seeking out a possible place to hold the hunt - somewhere that the yearlings will be able to keep the pups safe, but watch.. Perhaps have them at a higher vantage point." Now that her thoughts had turned to hunting, Spectre frowned, her mind going a hundred miles an hour. "Though they will be older, I have my doubts in their ability to keep up if our hunt drags on for miles.. Now, if they were to be placed somewhere that they could watch from a safe distance, even if the hunt drags for miles, they will be able to see us work." The female paced back and forth as she thought before her head turned, looking towards the mountains that towered over them.

"Unless...of course we are able to keep our chosen prey within a certain locale. I would hate to have them come along to watch and learn, only to be left behind trying to catch up..You know as well as I that some of the larger prey can lead a pack on quite the merry chase." She did want the pups to learn and get better at hunting, but also to keep them safely out of harms way.. It was a thin line to walk. She did offer him a smile, though, pausing in her pacing to watch him.. "You have time yet, before Spring. The pups have not yet even seen their first winter.. As long as you have no threats to your regency, I am certain that come spring, you will have found another to bear your children." At least she hoped so. Spectre truly wished that it would not be Beelzebub leading the pack come spring.

Word Count: 341
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
[Rotating between tables :D]

He indeed hoped that he had no threat to his regency, and if he did he would quench it. There was no room for anything of the sorts in his mind, and so he had a bit of a frown on his face. "It is not just about having a wolf to bear my pups. Its about having a fae who I love, who I always get along with, something like I had with Rosealia." He said, he wasn't going to just find a suitor for the pack as a female alpha to bear pups. That was not why he had left Willow Ridge, to turn into them with the situations as alphas, he wondered if Elettra had indeed found a male to be her lover for a short time.

He almost laughed at himself, he sounded so pathetic and he decided it was probably best if they wrap it up, and that he go talk to Adsila and Karpos or maybe Anastasia. "I have a plan to keep it short. What it is, its that we break off into two groups, chasers and attackers, the attackers sneak around to the other side of the prey and the chasers force one of the prey off from the rest and lead them straight to the attackers. The attackers take them down, if all goes well, Adsila and Karpos will barely have to move." He stated his plan outright to her. After all, if she was a hunter, and given her rank she would end up being lead hunter, she deserved to know what he thought they were going to do. "I should probably get back to my children soon...."

Inactive No Rank
Spectre Slayer

His plan sounded as if it would work, and she nodded, ears rotating back against her head before she smiled at him. "It sounds reasonable..Any idea what it is that we may end up hunting?" Spectre had quite the craving for something other than the small game she had been managing to find. Something like the Elk she and Silver had hunted weeks prior. His comment about heading back to his pups had her nodding, her tail wagging as she crouched to wait for him to leave first. "If it would be permitted, I shall come to call on your daughter shortly to take her hunting.. I will see to her safety, and that she has returned before you call the pack to gather for a hunt."

The pale female had no intentions of taking the child too far outside of the pack borders so she could get back fast enough to meet a summons should one rise. She paused, hovering near the ground, waiting for her alpha to leave before she did, tail curled between her legs and wagging lightly, lips fully closed to hide her teeth. Spectre was looking forward to the hunt, and practically quivered in excitement of their impending summons. She hoped that the chase would be both long and successful. Actually, she needed time to have a good run. A run that was sorely needed to stretch her legs. "I..may travel outside our borders this evening.. And will return late, if you will grant me permission? I find..I need to stretch my legs."

Word Count: 257
Inactive Deceased
Shade Slayer
"It sounds reasonable..Any idea what it is that we may end up hunting? If it would be permitted, I shall come to call on your daughter shortly to take her hunting.. I will see to her safety, and that she has returned before you call the pack to gather for a hunt. I..may travel outside our borders this evening.. And will return late, if you will grant me permission? I find..I need to stretch my legs." The words were proof to him that Spectre was fit for her role as second. She was honest, polite and a hard worker. "I want you to have her back by sunrise, sooner if you can. Of course you could go outside the borders, though try not to stray too far." He said, it was his final position.

His tail stayed lax as he dipped his head in a goodbye fashion and left towards the den. He wanted to talk to Ace about Karpos. He saw a potential in his son to be a Guardian. He knew Karp was going to be smaller, like his birth mother, but there was that blossom of learning in his heart. Shade ran off towards the den, he wanted to talk to Capella and Ana as well, two wolves he had not seen in quite some time. Ana was the female leading beside him, and he was going to talk to her about this new wolf that Spectre spoke so ill of. Then he wanted to talk to Capella simply to talk, she seemed to always have open ears.

-Fade out-