(See All?) Announcements
421 Users Online
Google, Matos, Juniper, Nadine, Bing, Apollo, Baidu

People dont know you and trust is a joke. — Heartleaf Creek 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Brittany who has 3 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Draven Makwa
<b>ooc:</b> I hope this will be okay for a thread starter. I hope it won't be too awful. I haven't started a thread yet, so that's something I'll have to get used to for sure. Also, everyone is welcome to write in this thread so feel free to jump in and write. also, if you're confused please read random event #3 before replying. <3

<blockquote><font style='margin-left:20px;'> Later that evening, after Draven talked to the other wolves about the drought, Draven made the decision to go down to the creek. He left the area where he had been resting in Blackberry Fields, and took off in the direction that would lead him right back to the dried up creek, to see if there was any hope of water being there. But when he arrived later, he noticed that there were other wolves still in the area. He decided to once again keep his distance away from the other wolves, and try to sit in peace, as he tried to make some sense out of all of this. Draven laid down next to a tree stump beside the creek and whimpered as he thought about what had been lost. <b>"I can't believe this,"</b> he whispered to himself, letting out another small whimper. <b>"How am I going to survive this?"</b> he questioned, with another whimper. Draven couldn't believe how sad he felt over the creek drying up. It was all so confusing and heartbreaking because without water, he knew he and the other wolves that had met, would possibly get sick or die from dehydration. </font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>Draven laid his head down onto his front legs and sighed. He had so much hope that either the water would have came back, or that someone would share some information, and give him more hope for his future. <b>"Why did this have to happen? Why now? Why here?"</b> he questioned quietly, feeling very confused about the water shortage. He knew that if someone didn't give him answers soon, then he would not be pleased, at all. But then he sat up and began to dig into the ground, hoping a puddle would form and hoping that maybe he would be able to help himself to some cool water. He would even dig two holes, if one of them worked, because it wasn't unlike him to want to share with others who were suffering, too. <b>"Come on, I have to find some water, I'm so thirsty,"</b> he muttered to himself.

</font></blockquote>
(This post was last modified: Oct 25, 2010, 07:59 AM by Draven Makwa.)
Played by - who has 6 posts.
Inactive No Rank
<blockquote><font style='margin-left:20px;'>Finch hadn't been there long, but already she could tell that something was horribly wrong with the lands. There was simply no water to be found <i>anywhere</i>. And it just wasn't like the water could be a <span class='word'>slugabed</span> that decided to flow whenever it wanted to -- it was just always there. There had been water outside of these lands, but as she had spend the last few days crossing the terrain to the dry creekbed, she noticed that there wasn't a drop of water to be found in the whole place.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>Unless, of course, she counted the morning dew drops that turned up on plants. But that wasn't a very good way of getting water, not long term anyway. It was troublesome, far too troublesome for her young mind to properly handle. If there was ever a sign to her that perhaps she had overreacted by going so far away from home, this was it. It was almost as though she had just up and walked away out of spite to get smited by karma, or whatever could have done it. Even though she was still a bit away from being dehydrated, the simple fact that a common source was mysteriously gone was enough to jar her into panic mode.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>And Finch wasn't even the only one.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>It was the sound of digging that drew her in out of the forestry around the creek, where she found a tawny and creme wolf digging away at the earth. Frantically, her mind seemed to supply, but she wasn't sure if that was true or if she was simply imaging that on the grounds that she was fuelled lately by an internal panic. <b>"Are you finding anything?"</b> she called out, not even thinking of manner, not even thinking as to whether or not he was friendly or possibly rude. Maybe he didn't want company, but that didn't matter right now. She wanted to know if he was finding anything beneath the dried soil.</font></blockquote>
Played by Brittany who has 3 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Draven Makwa
<blockquote>
<font style='margin-left:20px;'> Draven heard the voice call out to him and he stopped what he was doing to take a look around, once he spotted the wolf, he shook his head and kept digging for a moment before finally giving up. <b>"No, I haven't found a drop,"</b> Draven replied quietly, finally sitting down and taking a rest from his frantic digging. After catching his breath and resting for a minute or so, he got back up again and walked over to the other wolf. <b>"What is your name?</b> he questioned, keeping his voice quiet when he greeted the she-wolf. <b>"I'm Draven,"</b> The shy wolf added, normally he wasn't so friendly to other wolves, but he knew that being rude would likely cause a disagreement or a fight and he didn't have the energy for any of that, that night. <b>"Are you with a pack?"</b> He asked quietly, watching the she-wolf and hoping that she wouldn't be bothered by his questions. The fact that Draven was socially awkward and very, very shy was pretty obvious and it was definitely starting to show when he talked to other wolves. Draven then took a few steps away from the she-wolf before he began to dig yet another hole, hoping that this one would be the one, but that was unlikely. <b>"Could you help me dig, please?"</b> he asked.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'>It was obvious that Draven wasn't thinking rationally at all that evening. Part of it had to do with the headache that was beginning to form in his head from the dehydration and the other part of it came from his constant worrying about himself and the wolves he had met. Draven had always been a very compassionate spirit and he wanted the water to return so no one would have to suffer, including himself. As he continued to dig on and on, he didn't find any water, no matter how deep the hole in the ground was there was just no water left to make a little puddle. <b>"Damn it,"</b> he exclaimed as he sat down to take another breather from all the digging. <b>"Hey, have you seen any water around here? I really need to get to some soon."</b> Draven pleaded.</font></blockquote>
Played by - who has 6 posts.
Inactive No Rank
<blockquote><font style='margin-left:20px;'>Socially awkward was definitely right, though if first impressions were anything to go by, Finch would have never thought him to be shy. Never mind any instantaneous reactions of anger from him, she was off put simply by the fact that he had plenty of questions to throw at her. Whatever he had been trying to <span class='word'>eke</span> out of the ground was, well... forgotten, at least momentarily.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'><b>"I, uh,"</b> she faltered momentarily, watching as he had more or less walked away just as soon as he had come up to her. Was the lack of water really making wolves crazy there? How long had it been gone? There were plenty of questions, but she didn't make a move to help him dig. <b>"Hey! Wait a minute!"</b> Where he avoided being rude and acted with the safety of a nerf bat, Finch was a brick sailing through the air. <b>"Calm down! You're just going to make things worse by acting the way you are."</b> Bristling ever so slightly, she stepped down onto the dry creek bed to better face him.</font>

<font style='margin-left:20px;'><b>"First off, I haven't seen any water around. S'why I asked you if you were finding anything. Second, I'm Finch, and no, I don't live around here. I just wandered in a few days ago from the mountain in the east."</b> It was there that she calmed ever so slightly, having gotten the more important things out of the way. She may have been young, but Finch knew better than to get too worked up about a situation right away -- especially if they were lacking something like water.</font></blockquote>