(See All?) Announcements
622 Users Online
Google, Finley, Bing, Lillia, Vanadis

a new legacy begins
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Laika who has 5 posts.
Inactive
Laika Whiterun
The Whiterun name was just itching for some action. Who wanted to be known as the steady strong family, known for not being adventurous but instead stable? Not Laika. Though calm mannered, she was ready to give the world, and her family name, a good shaking. Being truly a neutral tempered gal, she lacked biases and was just sitting, waiting for someone to shape her, mold her into something different for better or worse. Of course she was no push over either...

Being out on her own for over a year did help her discover herself a little bit more. She honed her stealth skill. Not being in a pack meant hunting alone, and hunting alone meant generally smaller prey. With enough stealth and intelligence it was possible to occasionally get a good sized catch and spoil herself for days, feasting and laying out on the soft grasses, listening contently to the soft crashing waters of the nearby creek.

So there she continued to lay, belly content from her latest catch. "Oh if my jilted family could see me now. They would recognize the boring that is their silly little life. What are they doing but day to day activities, while I am out improving myself, readying myself for an adventure." Lazily, she rolled to her stomach, rose her butt in the air and stretched out her stiff legs. For many a month she had lived in solitude and gotten used to hearing not but her own voice... She was not going to be alone for long.
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Sorry was off for a few days! Today and yesterday for me were quite busy!

Her wounds were far from healed, causing what little roaming she did on the lands short lived and without growing very far. Much of her time, as before, had been placed in her children now that she had not only been able to do some restocking to the herbal caches, but recruiting a few worthy wolves as members of the pack. This time, Elettra strikes out further and towards the sound of the river just north of her homeland, circling along the edges of the Sacred Grove. Her left limb where she had been bitten on her shoulder and her lower foreleg had fully closed wounds now. Still where the scars were, mud and herbal mixing of bits of leaves and petals, clung in clumps in that area, balded from the fur being ripped out, anyhow. She looked a muddy mess, but only upon this limb as it was being treated. Well over a week in healing, the bruising and swelling had subsided to a near nothingness, though an obvious limp kept the Leader moving slowly and cautiously as she approached the river side. The scent of a kill and another wolf, instantly brought Elettra to high alert, ears perking high on her head and silver eyes shifting to catch view of the other woman. For the time being, within the high reeds along the river, she did not see the woman and so, decided to do as she had originally intended this day - build her muscle back in a long walk and watch her muddy wounds in the swift river.
Inactive
Laika Whiterun
(Why did this post twice? Can someone delete this please? :) Thanks!)
(This post was last modified: Aug 17, 2013, 04:09 PM by Laika.)
Inactive
Laika Whiterun
Don't worry about it darlin' :)

After stretching, Laika quickly caught on to another...quite distinguished scent. It was a bouquet of injury and earth and plants unknown to her. Although being in a dangerous line of work, living alone, she had not practiced much on the subject of healing herbs and the like. Laika decided to cautiously investigate; there was another female and by her sights, limping. She needed to get closer to better observe the female's status and appearance and thus started walking, quietly and careful not to snap twigs or crunch leaves. Laika's brain quickly started to analyze possibilities and connections. She was obviously in a scuffle with something, and was injured to the point of limping. The smell of plants suggested a knowledge of how to heal, or access to someone who knew. If it were the latter, this wolf was probably part of a pack. Since she was alone, Laika figured she could be a scout, decoy, leader or banished. Banishment was unlikely if she needed help for the healing agents, unless it was this individual who possessed such knowledge.

It was obvious this female was impaired, and possibly on high alert. Not wanting to alarm this female, Laika spoke up quietly, but straightforward. "Hello there, in the reeds. " She approached the female from the left side, but was careful not to get too close. "I hope I didn't alarm you. I mean no harm, just getting a drink." Injuries were serious business. Laika knew if she was injured, it would be hard to trust others until fully healed. However, to each their own. Unless this wolf was unable to smell, she probably knew another had been around somewhere.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Elettra Archer was certain there was another wolf within this area, her scent new and current, likely somewhere along the river bank doing her own thing. Elettra did not bother seeking the woman out and so, did not take note that the woman was currently approaching her slowly and yet surely with much interest in who she was and how he came to be injured in the first place. Though Elettra was very much used to others being rather interested her and often giving her an air of respect, whether being her leader or not, she certainly did not expect someone sitting back within the brush, analyzing her and so, went about her business of wading within the shallows of the river, allowing the swift moving water to wash away at the old layering of mud caked to her fur and scarring, mingled with planets used to help seal wounds, improve healing and pain and the like.
Soon, the woman's voice catches her and Elettra's head lifts, black silken ears high upon her skull as she perks to attention to view the other woman. She listens, stilled within the shallows of the water yet still but does not move from her position. Elettra had every intention of completing what she had originally intended to do and so, dipped her head to the woman as some sort of knowledge that she was fine to take a drink if this is what she wished. Why she had come out to her left side and approached her was uncertain, for there was plenty of river bank down the line to come to then near her. However, wolves were social animals and perhaps curiosity and a need for company escaped the other larger woman.
Inactive
Laika Whiterun
Laika was silently acknowledged by the other wolf. She didn't come this far to be silent! Regardless, she dipped her head gently and lapped up water from the rushing stream. Seeing as how she was not responded to the first time, Laika was unsure how to proceed with the conversation. She watched the LACERATE (lacerated) mess of mud, plants, fur and scabs rush away with the current. What a day that must have been. "D'ya mind me asking what happened?" she inquired, nodding at the filth the female had been washing away. It was then she wondered if the wolf was mute. Laika never meet one of those types before. That would be a difficult conversation indeed. It was best to give the female a chance to speak, before jumping to conclusions.

"I have not seen many others around here." She was new to the area, but could smell the remnants of packs in surrounding territories. Had she stumbled on a bad area, hence why it was deserted? Or perhaps she had merely bad timing. Laika was suspicious that the current subject of interest was not a loner like her. It was hard to place, being unfamiliar with the territories. That would make sense, however, how she got the plants to help with her wound. Being part of a pack had its advantages such as protection and a greater base of knowledge on different topics. Why, then, did she wander here to clean her wounds? No matter, this wolf surely would start talking sometime, right? Laika was getting antsy for some attention and interaction.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Small talk. It became more clear to Elettra now that this is what the woman sought with her lingering curiosity, as words edged her lips in the form of question. Elettra's ears perk further into the other woman's direction, her eyes shifting but a moment to the wounds of her shoulder and lower half of her limb as now they became more clear to see as the mug which had been caked on them had by now nearly washed fully away. Easily enough to tell in close inspection that another canine had done the damage as opposed to a clash of claw by a bear or cougar.
Humoring the other woman for the time being (and perhaps using her arrival here to her advantage - predators would less likely come to a pair of wolves then a single wounded one) she decided to speak, offering some kind of interaction with the wolf who had claimed to how have seen much of anyone since her arrival. "There was plenty of wolves within Relic Lore, and far too many packs to harbor them for my liking." She speaks, a small smirk then pressing over her grey rimmed mug with her words. However, Elettra had learned within the western region it was now only her and her allies. There would be no use for worry over territory boundaries or food supply. They helped one another where another was weak and the like. So far, things were perfect with this political no how, though two more packs remained on the mountains and far more beyond them, which could at some point prove much of an influx of wolves with no room to go in time. It was all about supply and demand.
Now that he wound was cleaned off, Elettra shifts, her limbs swaying with a quivering a moment, an obvious sign to her disability and lack of strength to the limb she stands upon. A weakness which causes Elettra to stand on obvious guard. Her body it tensed, eyes never straying from the stranger's location and keeping a wide birth as she moves back onto the bank side and sits to rest her leg before her venture back home. "I taught a wolf a hard lesson on what happens to wolves who break pack law and betray me and my own." Elettra speaks boldly, harshly with a quivering of her lip at the thought of Shade who could or could not at this point, still be alive. She cared not, so long as he stayed out of her way, lest he was looking for another blood bath.
Inactive
Laika Whiterun
Sorry it has been so long; classes starting, internet setup and all that. :(

Laika no longer had to wait for communication with this female! It was clear now that the wound was from another wolf. What had she done to cause one of her own kind to turn on her? Laika's curiosity would be satiated soon. For now her attention was drawn to the idea of other packs around here. According to this one, this place was teeming with wolves and their packs. Must have been just her luck to not have run into any of them yet. As the female swayed, Laika had a somewhat of panicked feeling for this immediate danger, but she seemed to have stabilized herself. It was then she learned that the wounds did in fact come from another wolf, one who betrayed and broke laws. This one was part of a pack it seemed. What her duty was, Laika had yet to deduce. She could feel the passion coming from the wolf's voice as she spoke.

"It is a shame that one of our own have betrayed you in such a way." Laika had only ever known the life of one pack; her immediate family. Most wolf packs are made up of family members however, and to think that betrayal could happen within a group one finds most dear is hard to accept. She looked back at the wound the female had been dealing with this entire time. "Perhaps you should rest a while? Now that your wound has been cleaned?" Laika paused for a while, "You said something about a pack. Do you still belong to one?" Situations can always change in the blink of an eye and perhaps this pack was no longer relevant to her? Why was she out her alone anyway?
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
Oh, thats okay. I was in school once upon a time ago, I understand!

Far to bold, far too daring and stubborn to stay in the confines of the den too long. She hated being useless, hated being held back and hated feeling trapped. Her venture to the swift flowing creek just north of her home's forest had been due to these reasons and nothing more. Whatever drama that this woman was stirring up about fights within the pack and family matters was not the case though Elettra nodded to the woman's first bit of words without question, falling silent a moment more.
A mention for her to probably rest a moment caused her to tense, once more being reminded of her obvious lack of strength and obvious mass of weakness at the given moment. Elettra did not like feeling vulnerable and so felt it best to keep her mouth shut on the comment and thus, hear it out. She would need a break before traveling back home to re-patch up her wounds anyhow. Elettra shifts, moving out of the water's fully to come to the creek's bank, her body adjusting to keep eye on the woman as she came to a sit, leaning her weight opposite of her wounded limb to relieve the pressure from it. "I do... As well as command it." Not to mention, having ruled the lands all to her own for quite some time. Working as the pack's sole Medic, sole Leader and sole parent to a litter of children was certainly a challenging feat and not one taken lightly. She worked hard for it, every day, working with her children, collecting her herbs and making sure her pack members were working just as hard while still low in member count and with pups to care for. Elettra could not afford any slaking in their duties, or her own if she were to keep on top of the pack she had created. Of course, her injury had put a damper on things, but with two new members in her ranks that seemed absolutely dedicated to her already, it helped ease her burdens.