(See All?) Announcements
342 Users Online
Bing, Google

When a Stranger Calls
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Vickie who has 46 posts.
IV. Yearling
Caniri Callahan
He sighed, as his paw punched through the top layer of ice, and into the softer snow beneath. It happened again, and again. Caniri found that it came in handy being a wolf of his stature most of the time. This was not one of them. His large paws helped little with helping to hold his massive weight above the snow. He groaned. Having lifted his paw to step out of the elbow deep holes, he now found himself chest deep in snow. He didn't mind having to Ambulate but the snow made things much more difficult.

Enough of this! Caniri flexed his muscles and plowed forward, forcing his way through the snow. After several minutes and a couple hundred yards, Caniri pulled himself out of the frozen trench. He grumbled to himself. He had accomplished nothing in his fight with the snow, but making himself cold and wet. He shook himself and continued onward.

He was so focused on staying above the snow, that he didn't notice he was approaching a pack border until he was standing right on it. He snapped to attention and scanned the nearby area for any witnesses. He backed away from the border slowly, and sunk to the elbows. There was no getting out of this mess, they would know he had been here and had practically come banging on their front door. Reaching a decision he lifted his muzzle and let out a long carrying howl, requesting an audience. He tried to keep his voice light and devoid of any challenge, but his deep resonating tones would put any male on guard. For the sake of peace, hope this pack is understanding, I didn't mean to come so close.
(This post was last modified: Dec 19, 2013, 08:24 PM by Caniri.)
Played by Rachel who has 473 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
Another called him.

It would seem nothing could bring temporary loyalty the way endless snow and harsh winter conditions could. It was almost pitiful – the lone wolves straggling across the Glen borders had only come last minute upon realization that survival was practically detrimental in a pack – none had truly come upon their own accord, and Phineas, protective of his pack and family, was by no means eager to share the little food they did have with a stranger who was only using them as a temporary means of survival. He could already calculate that half of the members of the Glen would leave come spring – if they survived. He was already losing weight himself, and it was early in the winter yet.

A beckoning howl echoed across the snowy covered landscape then – requesting an audience with the pack. He grunted in response, his limbs instantly working at loping through the thick snow to round to the area of borders the stranger seemed to be at. It surprisingly only took him a few moments, having not been far away, and as his eyes fell upon the pale stranger, a sharp, guttural growl announced his presence to the other – not of ferocity, but simply in greeting. His stance remained high in his dominance, and as Phineas closed the distance between the two, his fiery gaze swept over the male with little emotion. They were roughly around the same size – not that this concerned the Argyris male in the least. He was confident enough in his ability to fight should the need arise, nor did he find the other’s presence to be threatening.. yet. Silence enveloped him – unspeaking, he waited for an explanation as to why he had been summoned.

IV. Yearling
Caniri Callahan
Caniri waited. It didn't take long for one of the pack to arrive. He must have been close when I called. The stranger was a large male, close to Caniri's size, but older. The owner of the territory happened to be standing on the top of the snow and didn't seem to be suffering much at it's expense. It also put him an entire head higher than Caniri. He pulled himself up onto the precarious surface but turned his gaze to the stranger's ear. While he wasn't willing to put himself lower than the other, he didn't want to piss him off by meeting his gaze. There was a chance he could take it as a challenge. Caniri decided that a formal, no nonscense approach was probably safest in this situation. "I've been travelling a long while ta find this pack. I've called you're attention so that I might ask for admittance. I understand that having another mouth to feed isn't the best thing at a time like this, but I know how to pull my own weight, sir. I'm a pretty good hunter, especially with large game, but I'm an even better fighter. If ya'll will just give me a chance, I'm sure ya won't regret it." He risked turning his gaze to the stranger's. Caniri wasn't sure what is reaction would be or what he would say, but at least he had told him the truth. He had traveled a while to find this pack and found himself weary. If this pack denied him, then he would be forced to find another, but find one he would, no matter the time and energy. Caniri was certain that survival would be damn near immpossible without a pack. Besides, he was getting lonely. He decided not to mention his close encounter with the border, the owner seemed stern enough as it was. Caniri studdied the stranger and thought, 'God, let him be merciful.'
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
Caniri's stance was still a challenge to Phineas, even if he did not meet his eyes. Our behavior guide found here might help with this. <3

Phineas has basically made a lunge toward Caniri and is trying to drive his body in to him to knock him down while his teeth are aiming to grab his scruff.. basically forcing him to submission. Obviously this is just an *attempted* attack so you're free to respond with whether it was successful or if he did grab hold of anything, etc. We can roll for the fight, but that's just far too unfair, IMO, as Phin has way more LP, so I'm perfectly fine with just RPing it out if Caniri wants to retaliate. :)

It took only a few moments for Phineas to decipher what wolf awaited him at the borders -- his stance proud, the stranger's lifted his own figure up in turn, a clear challenge. The Argyris' lips curled back in a flash of warning, and while the other spouted out what could have been an impressive speech, a flick of Phineas' tail gave way to his disinterest to the entire situation.

"And yet you don't have the sense to submit to the wolf who could take you in to their home," he murmured, his tone giving way to his impatience of the matter. His own temper was frayed, and with a swift movement, the regal of Magnolia Glen bounded down the slopes of the snow, his teeth flashing as a growl loosened from him. His jaws clicked to the air where the other was standing, his figure heaving to hopefully plow in to the stranger that stood before him so proud, upon his borders, demanding acceptance and not giving him submission. From there he would roll his shoulder forward, attempting to push the other down in the snow while his jaws would aim a calculated bite to the back of the other's nape -- without submission, his words and pleas meant nothing.

If he was such a grand fighter, he'd best prove it now, for his challenge of Phineas' rank and authority was not going unnoticed now. His snarl reverberated across the silent winter landscape, and whether or not it fell upon pack ears did not concern him, though he could only hope @Kyros or @Hypatia were far enough away from the borders.
(This post was last modified: Jan 04, 2014, 06:52 PM by Phineas.)

IV. Yearling
Caniri Callahan
(Its okay. :) He made a mistake. Phin lands his attacks.)

Caniri could tell just by looking at the large male that he had to be speaking with the alpha himself. He looked weathered and experienced. His entire demeanor seemed disinterested. As if he could care less whether he was talking to Caniri, and it was probably true. Caniri wasn't sure how he was supposed to make himself interesting enough to get his attention, but then realized he already had.

His pride and will for standing had gotten the better of him. Caniri looked at it from the alpha's point of veiw. He would have been pissed too. It would have been a slap to his face, though he wasn't sure how to fix the problem. The stranger's stance changed when he came lunging at him. Caniri's first reaction was to lock his muscles and meet the attack head on, but realized that this would backfire on him horribly. This wolf was more experienced than he was, and he was bound to take serious damage if he made it out of this fight. He could always run. Caniri dismissed the option immediately.

There was only one other option, but he didn't like it much. He hadn't ever submitted to anyone but his father. He was unfamiliar with the concept. When the large male reached him he forced his muscles to relax. His entire being rebelled against it, but he just managed, to soffen the blow, when the alpha's body met his and slammed him to the ground. His breathing came quickly and he clenched his teeth, fighting the instinct to fight back. To an onlooker, it might appear as if he were panicking from fear. He felt the large males teeth grab at his ruff and he managed to force out a breathless, "I'm sorry." Before locking his jaws again. He decided his best option would be to not move at all, and hope it was over soon. It was damn near impossible to fight the instinct, but he channeled a weaker one that he hadn't used very often. *God have mercy and let him give me the strength to restrain myself.*
(This post was last modified: Jan 07, 2014, 06:09 PM by Caniri.)
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
His paws were swift, and soon the ivory wolf met the stranger, his shoulder rolling and pushing the other to the ground forcibly. Phineas was no fool – the other had realized his mistake and had waited for the collision, but that did not keep his satisfaction at bay. With the rogue’s form pressed to the ground now and his jaws having gripped their target of the wolf’s ruff, Phineas held his grip firmly, if not sharply, his teeth sparing no mercy of inflicting a minor injury for the other to remember this by as it healed.

He held this position for a passing moment, the only sound within the area was his echoing snarl that bubbled past his jaws. Finally, Phineas released the wolf, taking a pace back and maintaining his posture of dominance. His tail remained lifted, his muzzle high and his ears shifted back to his skull coldly. Nothing was spoken for the moment as his fiery eyes held fast upon the rogue. He was young, which might explain his ignorance – still, he would have much to learn in these lands if he were to stay. “Why are you seeking a pack so late in the year? What happened to your old pack?” After all, it took a greatly foolish wolf to find a shelter to survive with in the harsher months of winter – it was a season that was nearly impossible for a lone wolf even during a mild year, let alone the conditions the inhabitants of Relic Lore found themselves in now.
(This post was last modified: Jan 08, 2014, 12:05 PM by Phineas.)

IV. Yearling
Caniri Callahan
Caniri could feel the weight of the stranger pressing into him as he showed his dominance. His teeth scraped at his ruff and Caniri could feel a slight pain, though he was unsure of whether the male fangs actually drew blood or not. His eyes dilated and his breathing grew rapid. He let out a groan. His body was fighting him desperately to react. He was in danger! It screamed at him. He had to fight, to run, do something. But he continued to lie as still as his twitching muscles would let him. Somewhere in the welkin someone must have been looking out for him. The stranger finally stepped back.

He continued to hold himself above Caniri, his head and tail held high in his dominance. Caniri slowly stood, keeping his tail low and head down. He must have looked rather strange, a wolf of his size stooping over as he was. Caniri actually respected this wolf some. He was strong, experienced, yet knew mercy. Caniri's brain froze for a second as the male proposed his questions, before sprinting forward again? What was he supposed to tell him? What exactly did he want to know? Caniri wasn't going to lie to his new prospective alpha, but he didn't want to ruin his chances either. "My pack and I got into a disagreement and I've come searching for my sister. As for why I'm so late, I was traveling. As a said, it took me awhile to get here. And I wasn't alone the entire time, sir, so I got a little distracted." It was true enough. His mind wondered to his encounter with Miro and Penny and he smiled but it was soon wiped away when he thought of Jaden. A pointless distraction, he chided himself. Caniri's mind came back to his present predicament. He stood quietly and waited for the alpha's reaction. While he might have admitted a fault on his part, at least he had told the truth.
(This post was last modified: Jan 09, 2014, 08:23 PM by Caniri.)
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
The other wolf was formidable in size – and yet Phineas still remained taller than him, even if both were to stand normally. He maintained his posture, his orange eyes narrowed as they remained upon the other. Caniri answered him in turn, drawing a snort from the regal wolf. He could hold all of the assumptions in the world, and while his first was that the other did not know his place, it was also painfully apparent his birth pack had not taught him properly. It was becoming a problem with rogue’s this winter.

He made no comment on the ‘distraction.’ He didn’t care to know at this point – talking was simply a waste as logic did not seem to come to the other ivory male with any form of ease. Unsure of how one became too ‘distracted’ to notice that winter was suddenly here, he allowed the comment to fall by the wayside. Instead, a rumbling growl escaped his jaws, and without further notice, the male loped forward, closing the little distance between them after his initial attack and brushing his white pelt against the others. It was a silent trade of scents – the male was accepted, for now, and yet the glower within the older wolf’s eyes hinted that the yearling not get too comfortable until he had proven himself. “Everyone here pulls their weight,” he cautioned, and with a nod in the direction of Magnolia Glen’s den site, the ebony-streaked regal began to lead the way to his new home. “Any food you find should be shared among your pack mates, and trespassers will not be welcomed.” He fell to silence then, waiting to see if the other had any other questions for him.

IV. Yearling
Caniri Callahan
Having his gaze turned away, Caniri wasn't able to guess what the Alpha was thinking. The male was rather stoic and Caniri didn't have the advantage of studying his expressions. He kept his own emotions under control, not wanting to give the other any reason to reject him. He could tell that the dominant male was thinking over what he had said. His disapproval was apparent at least. It seemed to radiate off him. When the ragal male snoted, Caniri gave an internal cringe. No doubt the alpha thought he was stupid kid with poor excuses. He didn't have any real reason for not finding a pack sooner, other than the fact that he had no experiance living alone and hadn't known better.

When a deep growl was emitted from the jaws of the stranger, Caniri froze, unsure of what his reaction should be. His body screamed at him that he was going to be attacked and therefore, should fight back, to protect himself. While the large male was intimidating, his demeanor didn't seem overly hostile. So when the alpha came forward, quickly closing the distance between them, he forced himself to stay still as the alpha approached. He was surprised by the alpha's actions. While it had seemed a sure thing that he would be turned away, here was the alpha, brushing pelts with him. Caniri relaxed his body, gratefully taking the contact. It had been awhile sinse he had had company.

As his new alpha pulled away from him, Caniri stepped back carefully. Though the gesture had been welcoming, the glower aimed at him was a warning. Caniri knew that it meant this might be temporary, but he only hoped that his time here, no matter how long or short, would help slake his need for company. With his tail low and gaze turned away, he carefully raised his head, not as an act of disrespect but because it was uncomfortable for a wolf of his size to remain curled in on himself. Caniri matched his pace with his new alpha as they began heading further into the territory. The alpha mention the fact that every wolf had to pull their own weight and mentioned a few rules. Nodding, he said, "Of course. I wouldn't expect anything less." As Caniri pondered the idea of his new home, he wondered what his responsibilities might be.

Voicing his questions he asked, "Is there something that needs doing immediately, Sir? I'm willing to do the rougher jobs. I can patrol if you want. Not many would get by me." Caniri was eager to do something. He found that he admired his new alpha. He was strong but seemed fair and intelligent. Caniri was eager to please and quickly fell into his military-like nature. "I await your orders, Alpha."
(This post was last modified: Feb 03, 2014, 05:28 AM by Caniri.)
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
Exit Phin. :)
As reluctant as the male had been to fall in line before Phineas had forced him to submission, the yearling was only too anxious now to prove himself. The alabaster Leader led the two away from the borders and closer to the heart of the terrain – his strides were long, despite the snow and his fatigue, and yet there was an odd comfort at having fresh blood within the pack, even if he was young and had much to learn.

Even so, it would seem Phineas had landed himself an eager student, and as the ivory wolf questioned where he could start and when. Slowing his pace then, the Argyris male would tilt his muzzle, glancing over to the yearling who was almost as tall as he was. “Look for food for the pack and mark the borders,” he rumbled then, his tail giving an idle flick before he continued to move forward once more. There was much to do in the winter months ahead to ensure the survival of the pack, and laziness would not be tolerated. At least Caniri had seemed to grasp that lesson the moment of his acceptance.

“Food you find should be taken to my mate, Borlla. She will give it to the cubs. If it is a larger meal, call the pack to gather.” There was a small pause, his eyes once more falling to the younger wolf. “For now, acquaint yourself with your new home.” With that, the leader gave a rumble, his paws now leading him away from the other to give him time to settle in to his new home.
(This post was last modified: Feb 10, 2014, 02:01 PM by Phineas.)