(See All?) Announcements
316 Users Online
Bing, Google

First impressions are overrated
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Pinn who has 74 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ashton Reinier-Hervok
@Bane bro time? May also throw Hollow in here, have a no parents thread XD? let me know what you think.

Ashton moved within the territory constantly, he hardly stayed in the pack den anymore and even when Bane pretty much moved in Ashton never spoke to him. It wasn't that he didn't like him, in fact he liked him probably more than most of the other wolves. Bane understood things, and kept quiet a lot. In truth today he really needed some kind of friend, or acquaintance. Even if was Danica he would be happy, but he would prefer it be Bane or Hollow, as neither of them had a father, and they would both understand what he was going through. How hard it was to have almost no one or at least it felt that way. No matter how good a mother Nina was, nowadays she was busy all the time, and Ashton was left alone.

It could have been because of his similarities to Ash Hervok but it could have just been her general duties. But he always felt like she gazed at him a little longer before looking away again as if she wanted to say something. Or maybe she just saw something that he didn't yet. Ashton couldn't care less right now though, he strode towards the borders, intending on getting away from everything to the fields, but he still had a ways to go yet. While he walked Ashton started practicing stealth again weaving in and out of the trees, keeping his weight on his haunches and his front paws light he moved in a hunters crouch. though he had not accounted for one thing. Even though it was practice, he still had a scent trail.
Played by Vami who has 183 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Bane
I wouldn't mind if you poped Hollow in here too.

Once more Bane took to the outskirts of the territory, a need to wonder gathering the best of him. He would not go completely to the border and he would not go beyond. He had promised Nina this much, that he would seek out Hollow for scouting, that he would seek out Iopah if he wished to practice hunting with her. Right not he found none of them, as likely the adults were doing serious work during the middle of the winter in order to keep the pack surviving. The child had a way with understanding this and yet his restlessness gathered the best of him, wishing he had what it took beyond his youth to help with the pack just as much as every other could. Though the child was left to mindless wondering in the same manner which Ashton had, silent and pained...

Surely, he felt horrible. Ashton's father had up and abandoned him and while perhaps the other boy was not born by rape, perhaps it felt worse knowing that someone who was supposed to love you and care for you...didn't. Bane had long ago decided that his father would have not cared for him anyway given the fact that what he had done was an act of hate and not love. Not to mention, Ashton's brother had been found dead and while Bane did not know what it was like to have a brother, surely he knew what pain had been left due to this.

Sighing, Bane was left to wonder in his thoughts as usual, the quiet child just this in many manners. He had not at all expected to run into Ashton while walking along the territory, where mostly their time together was in the den when Bane decided to stay there for the night (more now that a new adult male's scent lingered around where his mother stayed) and yet still he had, viewing the boy moving around out before him. Bane paused in his place, silent, but would be seen if only Ashton took the time to look.
BANE Aranna
TEMPLATE © NDA OF RCR & RPG-D
(This post was last modified: Jan 02, 2014, 10:42 PM by Bane.)
Inactive No Rank
Ashton Reinier-Hervok
Silence poured out of Ashton like a river and his eyes turned to steel as if he didn't care. He laid eyes on Bane for a moment before finalizing his decision. The Reinier pup was going to ask this total stranger that always slept in his den how he dealt with being fatherless. His eyes gave way to his turmoil but did not appear overly worried as the boy made his way to the other young pup. Ashton wasted no time in making it known that he wished to speak with Bane as his body spoke clearly. He made a beeline for the other pup and locked eyes with him, almost aggressively before he finally strode up to the other boy. But then he said nothing, just staring for a moment as if searching for the answer without asking the question. But of course Ashton's mossy green eyes eventually dropped and he exhaled. There was no use in being a tough guy anymore at least not right now, he was too angry all the time.

"So how do you deal with knowing your dad is worthless?" Ashton was blunt. "I mean I know yours is gone already, but mine just left. So how do you deal with it?" Through Ashton's mask of anger his heart was breaking for the boy was finally coming to terms with the fact that his father had left in time for Tacoma to die. His brother had to die and never hear his fathers voice again, never see his face or even know that he really did love them. Nothing would have been so sweet for Ashton now, death would bring him a release from this boiling anger that remained under his surface constantly, it hurt. It hurt to be angry and to know that there was never anything he could do about anything. At least that's how he felt.

OOC: I'll throw Hollow in shortly, I just wanted to set up the "thing" first XD
Inactive Deceased
Bane
It was made clearly and quickly that the other child wished to comfort Bane, for as fast as he had caught sight of the other boy, Ashton was pounding into his direction with a heavy footing and a powerful gate. Even in youth his gaze was as intent as it had been the first time Bane laid eyes on him. Bane's own limbs stiffened, toes bending forth into the dirt to hold his grown, yet his eyes diverted away from the boy elsewhere to undue the direct contact. He stared silently for a time, judging him, perhaps and Bane was left to swallow hard, growing further and further at unease by the way he stared at him, by the way provoked him in such a manner. Likely by now, Ashton knew Bane did not like it. Perhaps Ashton got off on making the other boy uneasy, keeping him in his place and Bane could only be left to wonder if when he would snap under the pressure. Maybe this was how his father had become crazed?

Then Bane was questioned. Boldly, bluntly, leaving Bane to shift and his eyes to seek the other male's for the first time in wonder. After a moment, he sighs, turning away once more. "I cant say I've really dealt with any of it... I barely speak to my mother and the new male scent hanging around her den doesn't help." It was quite a mouthful for Bane to speak. He had probably not spoken so much in months already and yet, he felt the need to speak to the boy freely and honestly to the question which had been asked of him. After all, Ashton was the Leader's pup, not him. "I don't think it's something anyone can really just 'get over'."
BANE Aranna
Played by Ghoff who has 312 posts.
No Rank
Hollow Nite
"You don't just get over it, it will always be there and it will always hurt." Hollow had approached as their words floated out onto the still air. He came from the side and settled himself between the two, even through the lump in his throat, he knew eventually things like this would come up. Hollow gave an apologetic look to Bane, as though still apologizing for the lie he had told so long ago, before opening his mouth once more. "Bane I know you know this story but Ashton you don't." He paused for a moment as Ashton's head tilted questioningly to the side, and remembered Ashton would know most of his other stories, of the fights he'd had with coyotes and wolverines, and other wolves.

"When I was young, Just old enough to catch my own prey, my mother, father and brother were all murdered by a band of rouges, I left my home in fear and ran for the rest of the year, barely surviving until I came here, and met Nina..." With a look that told Ashton he would tell him the rest later he pressed on. "I've spent my life without them, It is never easy and you never lay down without wondering "what if" But you boys must both understand this, family is not whom you were born of, and who shares your blood. It's who you hold close to your heart, just like this pack, you are all my family." He had yet to tell them of the unbearable pain that they would have to endure throughout life...there was no reason, for he could never prepare them for that kind of thing.

Inactive No Rank
Ashton Reinier-Hervok
Ashton was startled at first by Hollow's appearance but then shortly after he felt comfort in the appearance of the dark male. In Koda's absence, Hollow had done his best, even though he was not their father, he had hunted for the pack, and fought for the pack, and for that Ashton admired him. Admired him for being the pillar when others weren't being strong after Tacoma's death, and being here now, when he was needed even if he himself didn't know it for Ashton had no idea what he meant by what he said.

It wasn't until he began to tell his story that Ashton understood. He doesn't have any parents at all. Ashton's eyes widened as he realized that meant that this wolf, the one who played father to a pack so well, didn't know what it felt like to have some wolf be proud of you. He had no idea what a mothers love felt like, and the simple fact that he could still do what he did made Ashton admire the dark leader that much more. It was no wonder he seemed to be so understanding to other wolves. Ashton looked on in silence and waited for Bane to speak for the young Reinier had nothing to say, he felt selfish now... selfish for being angry at his father when there were others whpm just had a mother.... or no one at all.
Inactive Deceased
Bane
Like a shadow from the deep depths of the Secret Woodland, Hollow emerged. It was not startling, but in a sense comforting to the chocolate child. Though Bane was still getting over his little 'trust issue' with Hollow and keeping the truth from him, Bane knew well enough that the Leader was good at his job and equally, a good wolf. The Aranna child remains as silent as that of Reinier, listening on to their young Leader's story even given the fact that he had already previously heard this before. As Hollow finished, Bane remained silent, turning his attention over to Ashton for his reaction, wondering equally as well as to what he may say. ...Nothing. Bane shifts, a sigh touching his black lips as he dips down his head, eyes of a bright orange moving about in view of the forest floor. "I hope to move on..." He speaks. Of course, not getting over what happened for he would always wonder if he was doing the right thing, if he would end up being like his father or if he was meant to be in this world. But he was in this world, whether it not it was a just birthing and he hoped that he could only make the best of the life he was given despite the circumstance. Other then these mumbled words from his lips, Bane said nothing, reverting back to the silent, observant child he had always been.
BANE Aranna