544 Users Online
Google, Bing, Vanadis

an altercation — Whisper Caverns 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
4/13/2014

The silver wolf glides silently into the cavern. She had been avoiding most of the pack for the last month and a half spare for the other females due to the season. She had recently realized that every year her body would react this way during the beginning of spring. Now that the itch was calming down Nari felt a little more at ease with sticking around the den for longer periods of time.
The gray woman did not regret the decision to not have pups this year. Firstly the winter had been very harsh on her as well as the others. Nari wanted to gather her health and focus on caching as much food as she could before next winter. However she also wanted to focus her attention further onto the children. With Malia gone Narimé realized that she had taught them too little. It was time for her to really start showing them how to do whatever interests her boys. Whether that be hunting, fighting, or something else. Narimé would teach them all they needed to survive.
Now the gray wolf sighed as she turned a few times over her smooth dirt nest. Laying her body upon the earth Nari wondered what she should do next. Ash was doing well as alpha male and she was learning a lot about one way of leading from him. A harsher way than Sloane had led, but that only gave her a view of both sides of the coin. She knew how El had led, Sloane, and now Ash. So now she could pick and choose what fit her views the best. Of course this was all planning on her part. Nari still held her II. Second position which for now meant that all she could do was plan and nothing more.
Sighing once more the she wolf lay her head on her paws, with her lips parted she asked herself..."What to do next?" as her eyes flicked to the den entrance to look for anyone who might enter.
(This post was last modified: Apr 14, 2014, 10:24 PM by Spirit of Wildwood.)

Played by TABs who has 170 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tokino Lagina
Tokino yawned loudly as he surveyed the night. It was just as dark outside as it was inside the caves. His ears cocked sideways as the sound of pawsteps echo from the cavern entrance. <i>Someone is returning from a patrol?</i> He thought quietly as the one scent he hadn't smelled for some time brushed by his nose. Nari had returned from wherever she had been.
Shaking his head in annoyance the gray male scuffed at the dirt with his claws. Nari had been doing all her chores and pack tasks without complaint; which Kino was completely fine with, but ever since the meeting she had been purposefully ignoring him. That was what he had a problem with. He didn't understand why she held him responsible for the packs split when he had told her right from the beginning that he would be leaving at some point. So what if he chose to leave with Minka, that didn't mean he should be accused of pulling the pack a part.
Stalking after the woman from a distance Tokino gave a deep baritone note rumbling away from his muzzle to alert the woman he was there. He turned into a tunnel following her scent and came upon the gray form of his niece laying in her dirt nest. Turning a bit he made his way to the side of the tunnel. Kino's tail was held neutral and his head held high as Tokino sat down on the opposite side of the gray woman.
He'd barely heard her mumbled question before answering the stressed voice.
"Why don't you go over your relatives for me? Everything I taught you, that way I know the information stuck." He gave her a simple answer while taking his icy gaze and planting it on a glittering limestone column.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Her light blue eyes narrowed as another ghostly shape entered her space. Its silver fur recognizable as always. Nari growled high in annoyance in return to her uncles low notes. She didn't want to see him at all. They might be family, but he was as much a traitor as Minka for supporting the current alpha female. Nari couldn't understand why he would favor Minka's position over her own when she had been the one to found the pack he had joined in the first place.
What pissed her off more was the scent of Minka literally ALL OVER HIM. The silver male stunk of the lead females perfume which made Nari's nose crinkle in disgust.
Her ears tilted a bit as Kino answered her question with a ridiculous answer.
"Why would I want to recite the names of a family I have never met?!" She snarled back at the male, her hackles raising in protest of his continued presence. "I don't get you... You speak of our family with all this pride and conduct yourself as such, but then you go and do something that you should be ashamed of." Nari kept her hackles up warning the male not to come closer as she lay in the dirt.
"How are you not helping me out with all this? Instead you hang with Minka all day long. What is she to you? Not a mate that's for sure.. You don't love her like I loved....." Sloane was the word she was the name she was about to say. Instead the she wolf had to stop herself from screaming at the male as he just sat there without a care in the world.
Inactive Deceased
Tokino Lagina
Tokino was immediately taken a back by the venom in the younger females voice. He had never heard her this angry before. Tokino's gaze turned to Nari's own, a matching set of medium and light blue eyes staring at each other. Then he answered her first question as calmly as he could.
"Because even if you hate me, the rest of them are what makes you yourself. The fire of Marianna in your angered gaze, the wisdom of Yakova in your eyes, the silvered pelt of our ancestors. Without them you would be nothing but an average wolf, not a princess born of alpha's, but a mongrel born of lower caste wolves." He was expecting the she wolf to attack him after this explanation but as of yet she didn't budge from her nest. Only her fur vibrated in an angry fury.
"And what is it I should be ashamed of? Taking a mate? Trying to have a family? Or living my life as a wolf? Wolves are born for leadership, though that leadership may vary from time to time. Just as you fight for your pack now and your position I must do the same. It is in our very being..." Tokino stood back up, a tired but serious look spreading across his muzzle. His own fur was beginning to rise on its own, but the male would force it flat every few seconds to look calmer than he was.
"Sloane... and you believed you loved him? How young you are... How naive you still are, but that look on your face says it all. You know now that it wasn't love, but lust that drove you to seek his presence. True you might have fully sided with his ideals and gentle but firm nature, but you didn't passionately love him. So don't lecture me on who I choose as a mate. As far as I see it I have a partner while you have lost yours." He might have sounded very mean right now but it was something that needed to be said. Something that needed to be brought out into the open. Kino paused as the air inside the den became electric. He braced himself for a snarling at and wondered whether Marianna would have been doing the same exact thing as Nari right now.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
If she hadn't already been comfortable in her nest Nari would have exploded already. Though much of what the elder male had said was true, which was another reason she didn't attack. instead she slowly stood back up and stretched her tense muscles.
In fact she accepted everything Kino's long winded lecture spoke of. Until he mentioned Sloane.
Sloane was her sore point. Whereas most wolves believed he would never come back, that he had abandoned her, she still believed different. Nari still felt that aching hole in her chest every time she thought of her first love. She had to believe, if only to keep herself sane, that Sloane had gotten injured or lost in a storm which is why he hadn't come back yet.
What Tokino had said sent her mind wheeling.
"Then neither of us knows what love is. I know this, you don't really love Minka. Respect each other sure, but that's not love I see between you two." She let a full snarl appear on her muzzle. Her teeth shone in the dark as her skin wrinkled back and the silver womans ears pointed forward threateningly.
"Fuck it I don't care. Take Minka and leave, but you won't be taking anyone else with you. Now get out of my den..." She warned the platinum male taking a step forward and whipping her tail above her rear. It fly like a banner across and over her back as she advanced towards the elder wolf.
Inactive Deceased
Tokino Lagina
"We'll leave when the time is right. For now calm yourself. It's not the end of the world." Tokino grimaced as his niece put up a frightening display of power. It didn't held that she was naturally taller than he, but to his credit Tokino stood his ground waiting for Nari to back down. His own tail flicked upwards echoing her position while his head reached for the ceiling. An icy gaze fell upon Nari as both wolves sized each other up.
"Think of your children, now isn't the time to be fighting. You should be teaching them how to survive the wilderness on their own."
He spoke knowing that Nari had been stressing over the loss of her daughter. Kino had hoped that the change of topic would sway her anger towards him instead focusing on other more important matters. However looking at the fire in her eyes kept him tense ready to defend himself. She didn't seem to be calming down at all.
"I'll be in the eastern group of tunnels if you need me..." Tokino spoke softly finally lowering his head in order to turn himself around and leave. He stayed tense somewhat expecting an attack with his back turned as he slunk away out of the western tunnel. Minka was situated in the deepest part of the caverns. The area near the blocked off portion of cave that was most likely the lowest point of the cavern. For some time Tokino had been sleeping with Minka in those deepest parts of the cave.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narimé wasn't about to let her uncle sleep comfortably with his lady tonight. Not after the way he had just spoken to her. She stalked forward as Tokino turned to leave and began following him. A deep growl radiated through her throat while a wild energy pulsed its way through her veins. It was a feeling she had only experienced thrice before. Adrenaline which would strengthen the woman to fight or flee.
Too bad she was choosing to fight.
"When I said get out of my den I meant out of the whole cavern Tokino..." Planting her legs into the earthen floor of the cave Nari felt an uncontrollable anger surge through her. It had started with his blunt comments and indescribable attitude. However the control Nari had over herself dissipated when Tokino rose himself to challenge her. She had snapped as he broke his gaze and turned to leave. Now the hunter darted forward to attack the gray male aiming for his rear end, tail, and back with her gaping jaws.
She succeeded in grabbing his tail as Kino moved quickly to avoid her. He had been ready for her attack, but even as he moved to twist around and counter her the confinement of the den slowed his movements. Narimé switched her grasp from Kino's tail to his rear end as he tried to turn around and attack her. Then Narimé tried to push him down by swinging her front legs over his back and digging her claws into his sides and thick fur.
(This post was last modified: Apr 14, 2014, 05:22 AM by Narimé.)
Inactive Deceased
Tokino Lagina
He was right, Kino had pushed her buttons too far tonight. As soon as he heard her lurking behind him Tokino had begun to slow so that he could turn to meet her head on, but the little bitch was too fast. She'd grabbed his tail by the time he had squeezed by a stone stalactite. Then the struggle ensued.
Kino reached over himself to snap at Nari's head as she held onto his tail. The pain ached through his spine as her sharp teeth dug into the base of his tail tugging and pulling at the sensitive area. A whine echoed from his snout and bounced through the cave as he struggled to get away from the pain of her bite. Finally the pain ebbed as Nari switched her focus to his rear. She grabbed a mouthful of his dark gray back fur and flesh while he snarled in anger and pain. As her legs pushed down upon him Tokino swung his head around wildly trying to get a grip on something.
The pair struggled forward passed the thinner portion of the tunnel where Kino was finally able to struggle free from the she wolfs grasp. His jaws snapped around her front leg that was placed on his back, then the male dragged the she wolf off of him and let go. His snarl showed pearly white fangs with a lower canine half missing while his tail flipped and twitched above his hindquarters.
"LEAVE ME BE!" The snarl rumbled deep and low as Kino pinned his ears back ready to attack the she wolf again should she make a move to go after him once more.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
They had struggled for a time locked in a non-lethal battle.
Neither wolf really wanted to kill the other, but if no one backed down a death could be the outcome. Unfortunately for Tokino he was outmatched by the younger larger she wolf as her speed and strength outweighed his own. She knew that he couldn't outlast her in a long battle. So she tried to drag the scuffle out for as long as possible taking his quick nips and enduring his pushes and pulls.
The pair of wolves pushed and shoved in the thin space until finally moving just enough passed a large pointed cave stone where the tide of battle was turned. Tokino grabbed Nari's ankle in one swift movement and expertly swung her front end sideways. Her jaws came free sputtering bits of Kino's fur from Nari's lips as she righted herself tensing as the male bellowed in anger. His voice bounced off the walls of the den, though their whole scuffle probably alerted anyone else in the cavern what was going on as the sounds traveled easily under the earth. Her own hateful half snarl half howl voice forced its way through her widely parted jaws as she showed off her sharp canines.
"GET OUT OF MY DEN!" She pounced aiming for Kino's left shoulder this time with her claws while her teeth were aimed at the top of the Lagina males crown and face. Her height allowed the female to reach Tokino's head quickly as her strong back legs propelled her forward.
Inactive Deceased
Tokino Lagina
This time he was prepared for the moment when Nari decided to continue her attack. Tokino spat at her snarl noting how her ears had not been fully pinned back against her head. Nari rushed him, her claws aiming for his shoulder while her gleaming teeth headed straight for his forehead. Hepulled back just in time ducking the dangerous attack quickly and bracing himself low near the ground. Kino felt the pricks of the womans canines entering the fur around his scruff while he struggled to gain the upper hand. He was almost knocked sideways by her weight as her claws dug into his shoulder. However due to his low center of gravity (the lowly position he took beforehand) Tokino was able to endure her attack on thickly muscled braced legs. His shoulder however ached as loose gray fur slowly fell to the ground around the pair.
Surely he would be growing back large clumps of fur for weeks after this argument.
Narime's chest was open to the silver male now as he sank his own jaws into the area under her right shoulder. Gripping tightly Tokino tensed the muscles in his legs readying them for his and Nari's own weight. Using his body as leverage Kino bunched his muscles up and jumped sideways aiming Nari's body parallel to the stalactite and the wall close to thir right. He wanted to slam her into the wall in order to detach the angry she wolf from his scruff and to hopefully disorientate the the girl.