(See All?) Announcements
493 Users Online
Viorel, Bing, Google, Hazelnut

So Moved by You — Firefly Weir 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

There it was. He had said her name and now he was going to jump out of his skin at any moment now. Except, as the silence stretched on, the anticipation lingered... and lingered... and lingered, until the waiting gave way to the fact that perhaps she had left him. It had all been in good fun, but maybe Namid had meant to leave him there. His ears came back along his head and neck. For a child who was the youngest in a family of at least four older siblings and a twin sister who was constantly at his side, leaving on his own accord to be alone was one thing. Being left alone was another, and it was absolutely distressing. Especially since all he had to do was take a few steps forward or backward or simply turn around to find Bishop not too far away. He had left Bishop not far from Whisper Caverns, and now he wished that he hadn't.

Rook was about to sit down and try to mentally retrace his steps so that he could find his way back to his sister when his ears came up and he heard someone approaching. And they were coming at him at a very high speed. The instinct to brace himself returned and there was Namid, skidding to a halt in the cool mud alongside the Lagoon. At first he had jumped but upon recognizing her he merely blinked, a sigh of relief escaping his lungs.

She looked this way and that, which prompted him to do the same. His tail twitched apprehensively once he believed that they were still alone. “Are you alright?” she turned her attention to him now, looking him over just like his mother and Bishop often did. "I'm fine," he murmured, suddenly all too self-conscious of himself as he lifted his left forepaw and held it just above the pebbled shore before planting it back down. He took note of her breathing, shaking his head twice when a firefly and its buddies decided to try and land on his brow and head. "Are you alright?"

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.
Played by Kristen who has 499 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
Namid 'Star Dancer'

Other than the fact that he was unharmed, one of the first things she noticed was that he looked rather stunned by her appearance. That was rather expected, considering she’d come barging in like an overly temperamental grizzly. Traveling her sights down to his paw, she wondered if he had in fact been injured. However, it wasn’t held in a stance that implied pain and was set down far too quickly to actually be an injury. She shook her head, trying to rid it over her mothering thoughts. He was obviously fine, she didn’t need to worry about that anymore. The tawny male was a big boy, he could take care of himself she scolded.

A smile curled at her lips, a gentle chuckle bubbling up her throat as the fireflies landed upon him. Rook seemed to attract them, considering how they had flocked to him upon their appearance. Her cranium cocked in confusion at his question. Are you alright? Why wouldn’t she be alright? Then, her previous actions came back to mind and she blushed slightly at her over-reaction. She definitely could have handled it with more grace than a stampeding herd of spooked deer. “Ah, yes. I am fine, I just became worried when you hadn’t found me and I hadn’t seen you.” She replied in earnest. It was surprising how easy it was to be honest with Rook, most likely because she knew that he wouldn’t judge her for what she said.

Find a place where there's joy, and the joy will burn out the pain.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

Had his seeker been his twin sister, he might have snapped with an array of growls and snarls - the whole "Why did you leave me? You never ever leave me like that. Ever!" and "I thought you actually left me..." put into words in a variety of ways. The yearling merely looked at her, his smile not quite yet recovered. He was glad that she was fine; there was no doubt about that. Namid giggled at him, and his facial expression might have come across as wounded if it weren't for the subtle tilt of his head and the humored way his muzzle dipped downward. "I'm not very good at hide and seek," he mumbled, sniffling as he looked back at her. "My sisters are better at it than I am. My brother Renier doesn't play; he would rather compete on a more tactical level - actual hunting, fishing, and the sort."

When he finally lifted his eyes to look at Namid, he actually simpered, "I'll let you know I'm no good at tag either." The three fireflies that were hovering above his head landed on his forehead, their three blinking abdomens forming something reminiscent of a crown made up of three luminous gems. Something tickled above his left brow and he recoiled, stepping back and shaking his head again to dislodge the pesky glow-bugs. He sent them off into the evening with the rest of their species, hovering and dawdling about in the warm summer air, by exhaling sharply to blow them away from him.

A singular firefly perched lightly upon the tip of his left ear, but he was oblivious to it, the curious expression on his face drawn to his companion's blue- and brown-eyed eyes. "You... You worried about me?"

Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
Namid 'Star Dancer'

Her chuckle had caught in her throat as Rook’s maw turned down in what looked to be a frown, suddenly worried that she had offended him. Sometimes Namid could be slightly insensitive with how easily amused she was and not even realize it. However, before she could act on it she noticed the subtle hint of a wobbling lip or so it seemed. That hinted at amusement, and she knew that he was joshing her. Well played, Rook. Well played.

If there was one thing that she’d noticed about Rook, it was that he seemed to talk about his siblings and their skills quite often. He spoke of how good they were at them, but he rarely ever spoke of anything he could do. In her mind’s eye, she saw that he was struggling to find himself a place in his family. His sisters had this, his brothers had that, his father did this, but what did Rook have? This was rather typical of a youngest child, to not quite know where you fit in. The Star Dancer just wished that he could see how great he was himself, despite what they could do.

Namid herself had been in that position once, being the youngest of her family. Her brothers were adept hunters and protectors, even her sister, however brief her life had been, had been known to have a lovely singing voice. That had been their place, their special talents and the things they had been good at and she didn’t know what hers had been at the time. There had been a period of existential crisis for Namid and it wasn’t her proudest time, and there were still moments were she felt that. But, she’d found her niche in the knowledge that she seemed to soak up like a sponge. She was excellent at mimicking because of her memory, which led her to being as adapt at fishing as she had been. The silver she-wolf wished that she could tell him that, that he was just as talented as them. But, she held her tongue. Maybe for another time.

You worried about me? His tone was surprised. Why, she wondered to herself. “Of course I was worried, why would I not be?” She replied, brows knitting together.

Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

His emotions aside about partially loathing 'childish' games, the youth might have outright questioned Namid about why she worried about him. But, all that left lips was a simple sound, one note that made the word, "Oh." He was used to the attention, the concerned gazes, and anything that resembled a motherly, affectionate sort of coddling, but not from someone who wasn't biologically related to him or close to the Lyall family... Frankly, it both startled and surprised him (after not having had a crush or anything like a "girl that was a friend"). To have someone, particularly one who was both an acquaintance and a friend, worry about him was new. "I don't know," he mused, a coy smile lifting the corners of his mouth as he quietly looked away towards the weir.

Rook's tail lowered to a more neutral angle. His ears, cheeks, and the back of his neck felt hot as he realized that he must have probably told Namid something about his siblings each and every time they had met. He made a conscious effort to seal his lips and the firefly that had remained on the tip of his ear finally took flight. "This was fun," he timidly commented, trying a little too hard to move their conversation onto another topic. "Maybe we can come here again sometime?"

In his head he toyed with the idea of such an occasion, trying to set in his mind the notion that, next time around, he would be somewhat prepared for an impromptu game of chase or hide and seek. For Namid, he supposed he could endure it (if he could be absolutely sure that she wouldn't purposefully scare him like Trisden often did). Being the youngest of the family sure had made quite an impact on him, for both the good and the bad. "Maybe on another night like this one?" he specified, his gaze lifting to see the fireflies levitate and float around her.

(This post was last modified: Jul 24, 2014, 08:45 AM by Rook.)

Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
Namid 'Star Dancer'

His reactions always seemed to surprise her, as he often reacted completely differently from what she expected. Normally she was very good at reading other wolves and telling how they might react to something, but he was like a book with multiple pages. You never knew what would be on the next page. Her ability to look too far into things and into others made her realize that he seemed to get rather flustered and uncomfortable when it was brought to his attention that he spoke of his family and himself. A small smile pulled at her blackened lips at this thought, though not in amusement.

As he stuttered off the subject, she ignored it and pricked her ears in attention to whatever else he way saying. All around them the fireflies had dissipated slightly, but they still were everywhere. One could not move 5 feet without running into one of the suckers. While they had been bothering her companion, it seemed that they now turned their sights on her. Along came a firefly, then two others with it. One landed on her snout, another on her neck, and the last on her nose. The Star Dancers heterochromatic gaze crossed as she looked at two of the small, glowing insects. Or, rather tried to. Lifting a paw she tried to brush them off and succeeded, giving a shake to rid herself of the one on her neck. However, once they were gone three more seemed to take their places. She tried a second time, but by the third time she had given up and allowed the flickering bugs to crawl upon her fur trailing like shooting stars across her silvery pelt.

The whole time she had been paying attention to Rook’s words, despite her small fiasco with the pesky insects. Looking around them at the softly glowing sunset off in the far distance and the thousands of glowing lightning bugs, listening to the croak of the frogs and the chirp of the grasshopper she doubted they would ever come back to this place and have it at perfect as it seemed to be at that moment. But, she hoped that it would if they ever did. A nod bobbed her cranium as she turned to settled her sight on her companions, her habitual smile widening“Yes, I would like that very much.” She replied, her tail beginning to wag.

(This post was last modified: Jul 24, 2014, 05:16 AM by Namid.)
[Image: 32zm32p.png]
[Image: 2qxvuio.png]
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

Alarms and buzzers were going off in his head as he fully identified that everything had taken a wrong turn and become rendered into one big awkward scene. Much to Rook's misfortune, for a yearling with the mental capacity of 18-20 year old young (male) adult, it seemed it was only natural - it was his first platonic friendship after all. It took him a few seconds to rebound, but once he had he angled his head downward to meet her eyes, smiling a bit more as he saw the small pinpoints of light swirl around her. His tail lilted from one side to the other and back again; he drew close to her for a short time to blow the pesky bugs away from her. When he stepped back to look at her, he let out a small sigh of both relief and contentment.

"Sit with me for a bit by the water before I have to go back?" he asked, the tone in his voice now undoubtedly bashful as he shyly averted his eyes. He stepped off to one side as he normally did whenever he invited her to come along with him, "Please?" Something in his body language seemed to apologize for his ridiculous reaction from earlier, when he had become so nervous as to think that Namid had abandoned him; it could have been something in regards to his slightly curled tail or the way one of his ears swiveled to one side or the way the whiskers on each side of his nose twitched in hopes that she would agree to his last request. Definitely, he decided, next time he would be better - less awkwardness, less timidity, and more of an easy-going spirit.

Inactive Deceased
Namid Vuesain
Namid 'Star Dancer'

The male had done it again, surprised the bejesus out of her. Since she had known him he had not been a very touchy feely guy, with the exception of his sister. Not that Namid was either, but even during their walks he’d seemed to keep a respectful distance from her. She’d supposed it was for manners, as she knew he’s grown up with, and it was very endearing in a sense. But, as he suddenly stepped closer, she found herself standing stock still in surprise. His breath fanned over her face as he blew away the critters, and then stepped back. A strange, fluttering sensation tingled in her stomach and, for a second, a confused expression dawned on her face. But, as soon as the sensation was there it was gone and her expression returned to normal.

…before I have to go back. The sentence made her feel heavy inside, as if it were a parting ways statement. And it was, for she knew that it would possibly be a while before she saw the male again. Even without the please, she agreed in a heartbeat. “Of course, do you still feel the need to ask?” She laughed warmly. There was no patronizing in her voice, only affection. It was hard to deny his adorable, bashful face. In his posture, however, she could sense an apology. It was a sort of embarrassed “I’m sorry” and she had no clue what he could be sorry about. He had done nothing wrong, she had been the one to instigate the whole thing so, by default, it was her doing. She, suddenly, wanted very badly to brush her muzzle across his cheek in reassurance but she was not sure what his reaction would be to that. The last thing she wanted was to make everything awkward, so she refrained. Instead, she took a step forward in preparation for him to lead them as he often did.