(See All?) Announcements
588 Users Online
Bing, Google

Foes Behind Every Tree — Secret Woodlands 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Lightning who has 1,043 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

She settled down comfortably and waited for what was to come with Narimé. What she received was not something that she was expecting, and it came with a small crease of her eyebrows. She had known that Sloane had left, but had not known that Nari had also left for quite some time, and apparently to accomplish something that had not ended up occurring. Blinking at the Thorben in front of her, the mother spoke in a soft tone, her voice low, ”I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure it was quite stressful to come home and for Sloane not to be there.” From what the Hervok had seen from the two mates when they had lead, it had been Sloane that took the most lead, especially when it came to alliances. When he had come with his founding members it had been her and Sloane that had done most of the talking, but it probably had to due with the fact that, at that time, Nina had not known Nari all that well, but now, since their packs were allies, she would have no choice but to become acquainted with her best friend's mate. She didn't mind though, Nina found the gray woman's company pleasant.

She could not believe that another had tried to rise to power against the woman though, and Nina shook her head mentally. Why would someone defy Nari's leadership while she was away? Nina knew that she took many trips away from her pack, but her second, Iopah, who was a founder to her home, never thought of rising against her. She never gave a time span as to how long it would take until she would return, but no one did anything suspicious. They just followed their ranks accordingly and did not ask many questions. The golden hued lady made no comment on the other's subordinates though. It was not her place. It seemed much had happened and Narimé had much to catch her up on, so she cleared her throat and spoke more clearly, ”Well, tell me what has happened...I wish to know so I can alert the rest of my family, immediately.” She didn't like to keep secrets from her pack, it was what tied them together though, and that was why she knew that she needed to find out what information Nari had to give so that she could tell her pack.

Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

Narime nodded in understanding as Nina spoke. Then continued speaking about the winter that cruelly screwed with her pack and its loyal members.

"Many members of my pack disappeared during winter, Sloane included. I'm afraid that I will never see him again. I was hoping that he would have come back after the snow melt. Maybe because he had been stuck someplace else during the harsh snow storms, but now it's summer and I think he is lost to us forever." She sighed casting a depressed look to the earth wishing she had at least know whether he was dead or alive. Much like when she had been looking for her father Sibo, Nari never felt right when someone close to her was missing. It was hard for her to let go of them and move on.

After a minute of silence Nari continued. "Minka Leigh, my Uncle Tokino Lagina, and Inali Wayha betrayed my pack and lost our respect and trust." Nari started while trying to hide the still fresh hurt in her eyes with a composed mask upon her face. "You see Tokino joined us while immediately telling me and others that his stay was only temporary. He said he would leave come spring. So I was absolutely fine with him leaving at first." She explained her thoughts about the silver man who she'd somewhat trusted while he stayed within her ranks. "Minka came to me while I was recovering from my mission over the mountains, and spoke of how she wanted to leave and start her own pack, because she felt badly leading when I was the true leader of Whisper Caverns. I was originally fine with her leading the pack, thinking that I had not led it correctly myself. So that news surprised me but I accepted it without too much trouble.." the silver wolf relayed her thoughts forming the small description of events that had taken place and her feelings about them. It was true that she had actually accepted Minka and Tokino's leave on her own. It was only when they asked others form the pack to go with them that she had felt betrayed.

"When the announcement of Minka becoming mated to Tokino and their plans about leaving were given out to the pack in a meeting I was less than happy but accepting of it, until the pair offered membership to the rest of the pack." Nari wrinkled her nose in distaste at the disloyalty. "They had no right recruiting members for THEIR pack from my own. If more Whisper Caverns wolves had gone with them my pack probably would have been disbanded and I would have had a hard time taking care of my children on my own." Nari forced her muzzle smooth trying not to offend Nina on her border. "Ash and I refused their plans after that and made sure that the pack knew that if anyone left with them they would all be labeled as traitors. However, someone I thought of as a good friend, Inali decided to go with them." Narime shook her ruff once and paused as a crack sounded in her neck. Then she resumed staring at the landscape around them.

"The three betrayers did not leave for a while after that meeting. Ash, myself, and the rest of the pack barely tolerated them. It wasn't until Tokino and I got into an argument, and then a fight, that Ash kicked Minka and Kino out. I suspect Inali followed shortly after, but I did not see her leave as I was being treated for a concussion given to me by my dear uncle..." Nari spat out the last word angry at the man who had taught her about her noble proud Lagina side of her family. If the rest of her Lagina family acted two-faced like her Uncle she didn't want much part in it. "As far as I know their little group was headed north from Whisper Caverns. So I do not know where they have settled, but look out for them. If I find them anywhere near my territory I won't hesitate to teach them not to come near southern eden." She finished up wondering if Nina would pity the wolves or not. However Nari had given her warning about the traitors to the woman and it was Nina who would decide what she did with that information.

What else was there to tell her again? Nari thought quietly while waiting for a response from the woodland queen. She knew she was forgetting something. Though only the death of her daughter was what Nari remembered sadly.

Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

The golden brow woman made herself comfortable as the Whisper Cavern's woman spoke to her. It seemed much had happened, even if there were a few things that she already knew about. She chose not to say anything, listening to the very end. She remained neutral during Narimé's news, though when the gray woman got to the point of Inali, Nina's single eyebrow rose in shock. When Nina had met with Inali before, it had seemed as though the woman was quite wonderful, respectful, and loyal. It was just another point to remind everyone that not everyone was as loyal as they seemed. The sweetest, nicest wolves could be the least loyal and the most cold hearted wolf would be the most loyal anyone could have ever seen. Nina had seen it before...she had seen it in her dear brother, who devoted himself so blindly. She believed that it was the only sense in which he was blind, the things he expected of others.

Soon enough, Nari was done talking and Nina was sitting in silence with her thoughts. Certainly she knew that her pack could use allies, but not ones that were not trustworthy. Nina could understand where the other woman was coming from, when Sloane had left, they had agreed upon him and Nari not taking anyone from Secret Woodlands, and that had remained so, even til this day. And if someone did end up leaving for Whisper Caverns, it was not because someone from the other pack had come to recruit them. Parting her lips to speak, her voice flitted towards the other woman, ”You have, indeed, suffered through much, but this will only make you wiser for things in the future, and strengthen the bonds of those who have remained. I must warn you, that because of this, my brother, he will be quite controlling because he will want to make sure that those he cares about are safe.....as for those who have taken from you...I will keep an eye out for them and make sure that they are not acquainted with us.” Rising from her position she stretched, his breath stopping for a moment as she asked her question, ”Did you have children this year?”

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

She had managed to get everything out and spoken that had needed to be spoken of.Or at least that was what Nari thought until she remembered of her two new seconds in Whisper Caverns pack. She had not spoken of them yet. Though before she readied herself to speak of the new wolves within her pack Nari's thoughts were interrupted by Nina's questioning voice. The question made the silver she wolf pause for a few moments as she gathered herself to answer truthfully to her old friend Nina. Placing her blue gaze on the nearby trees respectfully away from Nina's green orb, Nari tilted her head up for a moment to speak.

"No I did not bear pups this year. I... I don't know if I regret not doing so, but... I couldn't trust the few males that were around at the time." She let the sad words flow from her muzzle like a river. Then glanced sideways towards Nina's form. "I was still hoping for Sloane to reappear. As if he had been stuck someplace else far away because of the deep snow and storms of winter. That as all the snow melted he might return. Hanging on that hope during spring, staying loyal to him meant that I rejected the company of other males." She explained softly trying to make Nina understand. Even now the gray queen still felt that thread of loyalty connecting her to Sloane. As bad as his disappearance had hurt the pack and their family, she couldn't stop hoping for him to return.

(This post was last modified: Jul 26, 2014, 06:55 PM by Narimé.)
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

When Nari spoke, Nina was not sure if she was relieved or disappointed. It was definitely nice to know that Ash had still remained by his mate's side, even if he had gained leadership, but she was disappointed because she knew that she would not be having any nieces or nephews. Meanwhile, Ash had one gorgeous niece, who now resided with him, and four nephews, one of which she had no clue of his predicament. She did not wish to dwell on such trivial matters though, because she knew that she had to be able to pay attention to what the other woman said next, which was something Nina could definitely relate to. She had already began to get close to Hollow after months had gone by after Koda had departed. The alpha's heart had been broken and she had been extremely content with Hollow. That was definitely something that she would miss with him, how easy it had been.

The loss of the a mate was hard, but eventually someone would have to get over it, and Nina had been doing quite a good job of it so hard, but then, the second time is always easier than it should be. So with a soft sigh, she tried to give an encouraging smile to the other woman before she spoke. ”I understand...trust me, I do. But it gets to the point where you need to move on, and it is nice to have companions that are males, even if they aren't your mate or you don't view them in such a way...that is also why you have your sons.” She spoke softly, hoping that her words would bring some insight into her life and that someday she would possibly be able to be happy without the company of Sloane.

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Narime shrugged as the emotions fell from her face. Instead an emotionless mask was placed upon the silver she wolf's maw as she stared down at the ground thinking of days gone by. It almost saddened her to know that one day she would be happy even without Sloane being there. However Narime braced herself to keep from worrying her friend Nina. She couldn't show anymore weakness here in front of the Woodland lead. Even if they were close.

"Oh.. and There are two new seconds in the pack I forgot to mention before... Athena Moon-Thanne and her mate Dziban Thanne."

Narime spoke this bit of information flatly hiding the emotion from her voice and trying to change the subject. Though a certain tingling in her limbs had Nari thinking that she had stayed for maybe a bit too long. Her legs ached to get moving again and chase away the problems nagging at the back of her head.

However she kept herself still and calm awaiting anything to be spoken or answered to from Nina. Her gaze lingered on the ground for a moment more before turning to a large brightly colored greenish yellow moth flying around the trunks of the thick trees. Its beauty caught her full attention for a time before the silver wolf sighed and stood up. The cave queen had finished what she had traveled north to do. To update and warn Nina of the events happening around the packs. Now she just wanted to let her paws take her homeward once again. To think things through while having a good run through the landscape.

"Nina... It is always good to talk to you, even when the things talked about aren't always good."

Nari closed her eyes, dipped her head, and forced her tail to wag a little. The farewell would be a courteous one despite being short.

"I really should be getting back to my pack. I'm worried about what mischief my boys will be getting into."

She opened her eyes to glance at Nina's green orb before politely looking away and flicking her ear in a quiet farewell. She waited listening for an answer and a farewell from Nina before half turning her body to get ready to leave.

"Hopefully next time I come there will be better news."

Nari called over her shoulder before turning fully away and pushing herself forward into the misty trees. She was a long way from home and it would take days to reach the golden meadows where she lived.

(Exit Narime)

faestock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Inactive Deceased
Nina Hervok

Nina watched a familiar expression fall over Nari's face. Only familiar because her brother did something extremely similar when he was thinking about something that displeased or upset him. A curious expression was then created by a simple motion of Nina's eyebrows. It was obvious that a new change had come over the young woman, but Nina would never comment on something that surely had to do with the gray woman's private life. It was not Nina's place to step in, that responsibility now relied on her partner, who was Ash. Her brother was a loyal man, and the mother had no doubt that the other Hervok was watching over his partner with great concern. Sloane had been a dear friend to her but it had obviously caused Nari much torment and Nina honestly didn't want to be involved if he came back. But she knew, due to her ties to her brother that she would definitely need to be.

An eerie unsettling calm seemed to have taken over Narimé and the Hervok alpha didn't like it. None the less, she listened to what she had to say...and her words shocked the mother. her single eye widened in surprise. Did Narimé know about Ash and Athena's past? She cleared her throat though and nodded in acceptance of her words, as surprising as they were. Their talk certainly had gone on far longer than both of them had anticipated, and Nina was glad that she had sent Iopah away when she had. This was purely alpha business and she didn't need any subordinate knowing anything without Nina being able to gather their thoughts correctly. Nina watched as Nari departed her lips pursed in thought before she muttered quietly out into the empty air, ”Please allow my brother to watch over you, little one. Sometimes it's a good thing to not be independent.” And with that she turned on her heel and raced back into her territory. It was time for a long needed meeting.