(See All?) Announcements
731 Users Online
Bing, Google, Baidu

Morning Light — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Switch who has 688 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
ooc;after leaving midnight plataue. after traveling. assuming they are all still together in the cedar forest.
The earliest part of morning the sun had not yet risen. It was still hidden, it's faint light to the east giving off an orage glow through the cedars. Awaking she decided to take a moment to herself. The trickle of the creek was near, this was her aim. Instead of directly walking to it, limbs stretched and she headed upstream. She would not be far from her companions, but within a certain range. There would be no need for them to worry of her abscence. She didn't plan to be gone long, she a little bit. Enough to collect herself. All she wanted to hear nothing but the gentle breeze gliding through the pine needles. The small awakenings of the various creatures, and just the humble gurglings of the creek. Enjoy the scent of the forest, and be happy with this new life.

The steps of the wolf were quiet against the frozen remaning collections of snow. They were neither fast, nor slow only a steady, constant motion. Nostrils breathed deep, different trails old and new jumping at her. She had no mind to hunt. Only wander a little further. The sky was a smeared grey, and the air a little cooler. It awoke her brain, cold sharpness vibrating her very nerves. In packlands no more she kept traingle points up and open. Swiveling to snaps of branches, or a brush of snow. She never saw what made these noises, they were to obvious to be a wolf, and much too brief. This was another world, and she wanted to be cautious. Any thing else could be taken a morning walk, and it would be on neutral grounds.

Meandering, the light appeared a little more dominant, she stopped at a tiny, very mild arch in the Heartleaf Creek. Duo-colored eyes looked through the vertical standings, peering round for anything unsuspected. Now, she was still alone. Paws crunched against the rough snow, meeting small bit of mud. Stretchin neck she dipped her lips breaths from the liquid, and with pink tongue lapped up a fresh drink. All the while peering ahead for any surprises.

[Image: 9Py9751.png]
Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall

o o c | I saw’d that your thread was lonely, hope it’s alright to have the “other” Lyall see what Jayse is up to. ;) He needed somethin’ t’ do.

Traveling along the river was not the first thing to come to Angier’s mind; in fact, it should have been the last when hunger pinched and pressed against his gut. Nevertheless, his large paws and lengthy limbs carried him along the rushing stream. He shrugged as his stomach growled accompanied with a pang that dared to masticate the whole underside of his frame. It had only been a few days since he’d last eaten and he should have been fine after helping a few crows clean up a leftover deer carcass he had found. His velvet tongue lapped at the frigid water as he craned his neck downward, hoping hydration would stave off his appetite.

Shaking the water from his chin and sending small droplets of water to and fro, he continued onward until he noticed a figure in the distance. The wolf before him took their time in quenching their thirst and he took the opportunity to amble casually forward, despite the dull pain in his left shoulder, stopping just close enough for him to speak in mild, easygoing barks without invading any personal space. “Mornin’,” he greeted with a soft smile. His sharp golden eyes studied her carefully, rendering his facial expression into a quizzical one as if he were attempting to figure out if she was someone he knew.

(This post was last modified: Oct 24, 2013, 08:03 PM by Angier.)

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
ooc; good with me, she could always meet another wolf.
The drink was exactly what she needed, instead of something to masticate. The steps of someone closing in brought ears twisting back. She expected it to be someone she knew, the barks were unknown. Someone else had found her in the morning. Mindful she arched her neck, taking view of the friendly stranger. "Good morning," she replied. Cleaning the streaks of water round her own muzzle, wondering what his questioning gaze was exactly wondering about. She took her own moment to more thoroughly look at him in structure, markings, and gold gaze that was his. She had never layed eyes upon him before, this she was sure. He was the second largest male she had seen, least he was friendly no true cause for worry. It was nice to see a new face, someone who didn't know a thing about her, and her them.

"Haven't seen anything for a good breakfast have you?" She inquired, a warm title to her lips. Herself was a little hungry, and could use a bit of a pick-me-up. So the casual conversation was harmless. Besdies he could have easily avoided her, but instead he'd ventured further in getting her attention. She wondered what exactly had made him come this way. He did not carry the scents of the river, and he was much to far to have been accepted of the mountain. A loner, tired of single company, was a quick assumption. She had experienced the feeling more often then not it was understandable.

Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall

The large male’s tail waved slowly. When the lady before him turned her head to return the sentiment, he found that it wasn’t Vlarindara; the wolf in question had two different-colored eyes and, upon closer inspection, seemed a bit smaller in comparison. The sight made his brows rise slightly. She questioned about breakfast and he sifted through his memory quietly, pretty sure he could have seen something while on his way here. “Hmm…”

Inhaling the morning air (and finding that the scents of other wolves mingled with her fur), he finally came up with something. “Um… somewhere on my way here I could’ve sworn I passed a few burrows,” he noted. “Might’ve belonged to a few stoats or rabbits. I’m not sure, I wasn’t really paying attention.” He should have stopped and investigated, perhaps even soothed his slight hunger, but he supposed he just wasn’t in the mood for rodent. “Yesterday evening, though, I found a bit of something that was stowed away; I waited to see if they would come back, but they never did. They might’ve hidden some other things… It was… over that way or something, I found it near a fallen log.” He pointed with his nose towards his left, gesturing to the forest where the trees were starting to look more and more mystical with the sun’s auburn glow.

Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
ooc; im guessing what they could have brought?
The arch of his brows, she was use to. She'd never met another wolf with unmatching eyes, and she would have taken a double-look. Lightly stretching her jaws, ears popped from the change of air. Maybe a storm was in schedule. Head inclined upward, briefly looking through the green fingers of cedar, lit with a striking light. It would be awhile to rain or snow clambered from the sky. Dismissing the notion her sight was brought round, patient to hear his thoughts. Rabit homes, eh. Sounded like just the thing, though he wasn't one hundred percent clear on the idea. She saw no waste in looking. Ears tilted closer, he continued to share other findings. He had found the remains of their catch. If he'd found the leftovers, she wouldn't count on finding more. "Ah, well I can tell you the rest is gone." Voice had warm truth to it. Cast sight round brightning surroundings, she did not elborate further.

"But, I think I'm going to try to find one of those creatures you were talking about. If you care to join me." Paw placed foward, and the other dwindled in the air, briefly waiting for answer.Two heads were better than one, and if he was a loner she didn't see him passing up the oppertunity for help with a meal. She could always be wrong, he seemed good natured but didn't everyone at first sight? Inner workings sensed no threat, and she had trust in those instincts. She wasn't entirely alone, and she was sure her coat told that. She hoped he'd accept the invitation, new company and conversation were nice to have.

Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall

o o c | x) …Borden forgot to unearth something to take along, yeah. Haha.

“Ah, well I can tell you the rest is gone,” she had said. The Lyall merely nodded, “Oh.” Damn. He thought he had been lucky, that he had found perhaps one of several spots where meals were, at least, occasionally hidden; he had also been hoping he would continue to stumble upon these meager findings. If it was all gone and he had taken what was left over... Then, please, insert disappointment here. The tawny male wasn’t proud to have taken up the lifestyle of a scavenger but to have little to almost no energy these days, picking off scraps and forgotten things were his primary means of survival. It just happened that he had been fortunate to find that deer a few days ago; that fact alone lent to the pleasant demeanor he was sporting today.

Angier listened as she mentioned about investigating the burrows – and the creatures that inhabited them – and he was all too happy to accept her invitation. “Sure,” he smiled, turning about and starting to heading back the way he had come from with a leisurely walk. He could eat; his tall, lanky frame and shedding winter coat probably already said that for him though. “Shouldn’t be too far from here, maybe just a few minutes away.” He glanced over his shoulder to see if she was coming. One brief lungful of air brought another small sampling of her scent to his senses. Through his friendly grin, he bit the inside of one of his cheeks; he hoped her companions wouldn’t come looking for her. One wolf’s company, he could handle, but an encounter with one or more additional adults would surely send him packing. In his present state, he had no desires in causing trouble or misunderstandings.

Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
ooc; gotcha. *tries to switch from triell to jayse mode*
If he was dissapointed he made none of it known to her. Collecting cool breaths of morning, maybe she'd least saved him some time in looking. Hopefully if he came on a hunt that'd make up for whatever loss he'd gained. Stretching her limbs, he smiled with his reply. A small smile tugged at own corner's of ebon lips. She hadn't managed to upset this wolf, as of yet and it could easily put her in good spirits. Letting her paws amble foward, she began to follow as usual. "Alrighty, short walks sounds fine."Answer came with the warmness she could hold. Though she was grateful for Vlar, without Raigo or Borden around it was to weird to be alone with her. This was much different, and would not a wear on her overworked brain. Hunting was basic, and something she felt decent enough at.

They continued walking, her letting him lead to the prominant hunting site. She was curious of him, he was a stranger, one to her to say the least. The sight and scent of him spoke much, but there was always more."So, is their a reason your a loner or is it to secretive to share?" Tone of her phrase was light, and breezy;trying not to be too formal. Nosey wasn't part of her characteristics, but if she was going to go hunting with someone it would be nice to have a little information on them. She would feel more comfertable, in the end he could turn out to be a good wolf to know. And this seemed like a safe enough question. Borden had started a new pack that would need recruits, and she had a keen interest to know why this wolf wasn't part of one.
(This post was last modified: Mar 02, 2011, 10:57 PM by Jaysyek.)
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall

In all honesty, Angier was glad for her company; after being unsuccessful to find Vlarindara he had been rather unsure of what to do with himself over the past two weeks. Since their meeting in the forest, where he had nearly walked past the little clearing, he returned to that very spot on several occasions before deciding that the small cave she and Raigo had once used as a den was abandoned. He allowed his feet to carry him wherever they aimlessly wandered; he had no idea how he managed to find the river and come upon Jayse, but he was simply grateful for their meeting. The two of them walked along the river in silence for a while before she asked a question to reopen their conversation. His lips pressed together in thought and his ears lowered slightly. Tearing his gaze from the riverbank ahead, he looked to his hunting companion.

“I don’t really fit in...” he murmured. “I don’t know how to be a follower. It’s… not really in me despite how primal it is in our nature.” The truth in his words carried a tinge of bitterness; as much as he didn’t want to share the fact, it somewhat comforted him to know that someone apart from his family knew that part of him. “My brother, heh, he was s’posed to be the family’s next leader after our father,” he stated, wanting to indulge Jayse’s curiosity. “He made everything hard to… to, well, follow.” He chuckled softly in attempt to brighten the mood after his rather pitiful ramble, “I’m actually also known to cause trouble though, actually… How ‘bout yourself, if it’s alright t’ ask? What’s your story?”

Played by Katsuma who has 456 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Vlarindara

OOC: Hope either of you two don't mind me popping in? If ya do, I can always delete it. :3 I don't mind! ^-^ and just because.. refer to.. http://www.off-white.eu/?subpage=05 The first panel with the white wolf.. for her expression upon 'I found breakfast!' ...Couldn't resist! ^_^

Vlarindara had woken shortly after Jaysyek had wandered off and checked around the den for their pack members. Seeing Jaysyek had gone missing..interesting - seemed she might also be out hunting? Once she was sure she hadn't disturbed Borden, she emerged from the warmth of their den and glanced around in the darkened twilight. She enjoyed the calm of morning.. when the air was crisp, her breath visible.. and the creatures not..yet awake.. The white female shook herself and stretched plumed tail curling over her back. Jaysyek had been missing from the den - Borden was still asleep within the warm confines of the space..good..their alpha had been moving constantly since they'd started this trip.. even before that - while he'd been Beta of Midnight Plateu it seemed he never stopped moving.

She admired him for that.. the constant energy Borden seemed to have.. and had decided once they had arrived at this den that she would do her best to help the pack as a whole - rather than simply trying to eek by. They didn't have to do that anymore.. They had a pack now..right? Vlarindara trotted away from the den before slipping into the forest nearby and letting the familiar rite of hunting take over as she moved. Over-large ears were constantly swiveling this way and that, amber eyes and black nose working to spot things moving about in the melting snows of the land around them. Eventually the soft rustling of some creature or another made the large canine stop in her tracks and lift her head, watching the area intently. There.. to her left.. no.. that was too small for what she'd hoped.. and the squirrel escaped with its life.. but not before calling out a warning to the other inhabitants of the area. WOLF! WOLF! It cried.

An exasperated snort escaped the female as she lifted her head and watched the pesnky thing as it ran about screaming. Pesky things.. She moved on, trotting farther into the foreest to continue her hunting...This time.. after about ten more minutes of travel.. she heard soft squeakings and grunting.. the snuffeling sound of something or other rooting about. Now that.. sounded like a more appropriate meal..if she could manage it. Vlarindara dropped to her stomach and began advancing on the sounds, careful to keep herself as hidden as possible while she was moving. While her white pelt in the snow kept her fairly well disguised, she stuck out like a sore thumb when it came to the greener months.. Let's see what we have here..Interesting.. a trio of wild pigs.. all three of them relatively small growth wise.. There was only one in the bunch that had tusks she was concerned about. The three things seemed obvlivious to her approach and watchful eye.. so the female took her chance and gathered her wieght over her hind legs.

Her target? The middle sized of the three pigs, a tawny stripped one that seemed like it would be a halfway decent meal - though for breakfast it would do.. they'd have to hunt again during hte day to find something larger. She errupted from the brush like a firework, her long legs carrying her over to the three pigs - her ears ignoring the startled squeals and harried grunts as they turned tail and fled. She'd chosen her target...locked onto it.. and was determined to follow it. The pig jumped over a log and continued on the mad dash through the underbrush with the white demon snapping at his heels. Had Vlarindara known that her Alpha was just over the next hill..she would have called off the chase..but in her single-minded persuit of their prey.. she'd missed the soft tones of the two speaking wolves.

A high pitched squeal of terror followed by the low, gutteral snarling of a wolf errupted the morning silence near the two wolves, with the pig making a mad dash down the hill - blind to everything but escaping. Vlarindara leapt after it, soaring through the air a few moments before she came crashing down smack on the pig. The two creatures snarled and snapped as they slid the last few feet down the hill (or rather, Vlar snarled and snapped and the pig just screamed). After the dust cleared, it exposed the heavily panting form of the white female crouched with the swines throat trapped between her jaws. Those large ears were flattened over her neck, and her tail held out to balance the panting canine. She dropped the thing once she was sure it was finished before shaking herself, sending yet more dust flying.. and then realizing.. She had tumbled down the hill, slid and stopped mere yards from the two talking wolves. Oops. If she could have looked embarrased, she would have, but, instead...she shifted and settled to her haunches, looking almost.. pup-like in her enthusiasm. "I found breakfast!"

(This post was last modified: Mar 03, 2011, 04:39 AM by Vlarindara.)
user posted image
Inactive No Rank
Jaysyek Enap Lyall
ooc; oh no stalker wolf! lol j/k. your fine to join that's what makes things interesting. XD *cute pic by the way*
The small conffesion was a bit surprising to hear, something she could relate to. That's why she even came to Relic Lore not finding the niche she fit into. Though she hated how life itself made you feel you needed a place. Further explanation was spoken, and ears rotated digesting over the conversation. A wolf who could not follow, and she a wolf who was to be leading who was trying to embrace the new role. It was a paradox they should be aquainted. The markings of his words, the resentment in them was not hard to miss. The fine curves of her brows wrinkled atop of her ashed marked temple. As if to say and? She did not have to ask for contiuation. He stated clearly his brother was the cause, and she caught his drift. He had taken his role a bit overboard. So Angier had left for that reason...or she'd think.

Past conversation with another male, and his family woes was recollected. Thank goodness she had only one brother, this enstilling collection of sibling rivalry was starting to make her hope she never had two boys at once. Were they always so competitive? One ruling over one or the other? The Alpha pup never fell upon her or any one of her siblings. They passed the responsiblity amongst themselves until they were accepted into a normal hierarchy. "Awe, sounds like two boys is more than enough trouble..."she answered with a humble smile. She had wanted to say oh you have one of those brothers, but then he might think she had one too. Which she did not, nor sister like that bless what luck she had. She wasn't ready for the question to come on her. Regaining her thoughts, she took them in a new direction. Shrugging her shoulders, "I understand the not fitting in part I suppose. I think my last pack was more than happy to see me leave. I didn't exactly fit in their little circle shape they had going on. You had to be perfect, or a prissy relative to fit in there." She mused, a grin on her slim features. She wasn't speaking of the Mountain. And her home pack? She had no mind to kill the mood....to speak of murder, treachory, and loss. She would be grim company and tried to think of a vague story to explain. "But home," A puff of air pressed from her lips, she regained her speech,"Well my sbilings and I left there. My father wasn't much of a leader, nor dad to speak of. We really weren't keen on sticking around and see what he made of himself after the wolves who were more our parents took over." That summed it up, and he could guess the gaps in between.

Hardly a second of silence passed when the squealings of a hog, and radical rips of growls from a canine were heard, and headed in their direction. Jayse swung head round straight away, brows clearly wrinkled in confusion when the creatures came trampling down hill behind them. Vlar and her breakfast in a wrestling match. Jaw hung open, and she made a mere glance to her companion for trotting closer to the out of breath, white female. Puzzlement was heavy on her face, and a little worry for wild hogs could be rather ruthless. However like a child who had caught it's first kill, a wunderkind, she exclaimed how she had breakfast. Jayse could not settle over her initial alarm, and made the gap between Vlar and herself to zero. "Vlar are you all right?" She asked, seeing no signs of injury but having the need to inquire.
(This post was last modified: Mar 03, 2011, 05:25 AM by Jaysyek.)