(See All?) Announcements
317 Users Online
Bing, Google

Murky Reflections — Iridescent Lagoon 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Tiny who has 9 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Tiny
The dull grey form of storm clouds race as reflections across the lagoon's surface. Its murky brown surface left undisturbed, even when the wind attempts to ripple it. It is stopped by the thick collection of trees surrounding the entire luscious lagoon. Like guards at a castle door they stand tall, blocking the even the wind from making a wave across the iridescent waters. The thick under growth which grew along the bank, in a mass of untamed greenness. Still for the most part undisturbed by falls arrival. As though the lagoon refused to let go of its plant life, fighting the inevitable frosts which would come and turn the plants brown. Making them dry out like raisins and turns the color of wheat.

There among the fronds of shrubbery and occasional fallen log, tread the form of a tiny fae. Her dark brown fur much like the murky brown lagoon. But with highlights of a light tan coloration in her neck rough and a reddish hue over the majority of her fluffy pelt. Sturdy limbs carry the fae towards the water, her thick pelt shielding her from the chill. Only made worse by the ever nearing waters. Her small round paws start to feel a change in the ground as she got closer to the bank. They sunk into the earth with more ease, and the ground got cooler. The fae enjoys the numbing sensation the cold wet earth below her caused. Travel worn pads still sensitive to any rough surfaces. Though they had slowly started to get better, since most surfaces in her new home were on the softer side.

When Tiny reaches the edge of the bank, she stands glancing out across the waters. Her deep emerald eyes roaming the lagoon around her. It had a certain beauty about it, a wild untamed sort of beauty. Though it was dampened by the storm clouds overhead, which rolled over the sky in a mass of smoky greys. Tiny's gaze casts downwards into the murky water. Its surface is shiny and reflective and now staring down at it she can see herself. She blinks in surprise, her triangular face staring back. Thick well rounded ears perked up. She barely recognized herself, having avoided her reflection for so long. Something about seeing herself made her think of her brother. Even more so it made her think of her mother, which never brought up good emotions. But now as she looked down at her small form something felt different.
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

For Rook another day full of ominous storm clouds was absolutely wonderful. Apart from the days where the crisp Spring breeze filled his lungs with air full of fresh blossoms and sun-bathed grasslands, he truly enjoyed the autumn weather. It reminded him of when he and Bishop used to pop out of piles of leaves in attempt to scare their parents and older siblings, and of the days where he was absolutely content to just lay with his sister within the den while the first string of rainstorms drenched the earth with much needed rain. So, instead of hiding out in his established hideaway place atop the caverns where the pack usually congregated or pestering Bishop and Namid, Rook struck out on his own, excited to break free from the trees and welcome the clouds if they decided to roll his way.

On a path that was no known by heart and muscle memory, he picked his way through the grass until his paws found the familiar feeling of having smooth pebbles and muddy shores beneath his pads. Being too much of a daydreamer than was customary of him, the young Lyall did not even realize he was in the company of another until he saw her not too far from him on the edge of the water, seemingly staring down at her own reflection. If he hadn't been as attentive as he was in those last few moments before he discovered her, he might have not noticed her at all, even if her sleek black coat was easily discernable against the slightly browning grass and low-lying underbrush. At best, granted that she was stock-still with her neck craned downwards, he might have dismissed her as a granite boulder that he might not have noticed before. Sure, it was silly, but for one such as Borden's youngest son, anything, at this point in his life, was possible.

He watched her for a few seconds before clearing his throat to announce his presence. It wasn't a loud sort of sound (in case she was making an attempt to fish up something to eat) or an all-assuming sort of noise that demanded that she acknowledge him, but it was as polite and courteous as he could manage. A smile, characteristic of his friendly, easy-going nature, crept up on his snout as he observed her. A few deep inhales told him who she was affiliated with, therefore warranting his curiosity to get to know her as a fellow pack mate. "Care for some company?"

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Played by Tiny who has 9 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Tiny
Tiny is distracted from her reflection and her thoughts by a voice. Having been so intent upon watching her reflection the fae failed to notice the approach of a brute. Now as his gentle words reach her ears, the fae jumps a little with surprise, nearly stumbling into the lagoon's murky water. Her stunning pair of emerald eyes shift over to where she'd heard the voice. They find the form of a grey brute looking back at her. Sucking down a calming breath the fae attempts to stammer her pounding heart. Her eyes survey the male for a moment, and between his question and body language she is relieved to find he is friendly. Nose twitching she recognizes the familiar scent of her new found pack clinging to the brute's grey fur.

Suddenly realizing she had let an awkward silence lapse between them she rushes to find words. " Oh Y-yes." she starts shyly, her ears pinned against her skull, triangular face tilted up slightly to look at the male before her. " I mean, I wouldn't mind at all." She adds wagging her tail. It was true she didn't mind, in fact she was happy for the company. There was little the fae wanted more in life than to be close with others. Taking a few careful paw steps backwards away from the lagoon, she rests her small rump upon the ground. " My name is Tiny." She adds softly, eyes roving over him curiously. " May I ask what your name might be?" She inquires head cocking to one side, thick well rounded ears perking a little.

She couldn't help but feel embarrassed by her jumpy behavior. I guess old habits die hard, she thought with an inner sigh. Being of such a small stature the fae had learned to be vigilant. It was unlike her to let her guard down. But sometimes even the best wolves got caught up in their own thoughts... right?
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall

He had startled her; Rook grit his teeth, wanting to apologize but keep quiet just in case she had something to say. What ensued instead was a rather awkward silence that both had them at a standstill while they both timidly looked at one another. Eventually she came to, and he put on a more affable grin for being allowed to join her. As she took a seat a bit further away from the Lagoon's edge, Rook slowly drew closer before also sitting down. His ears drew back and to the side quietly, somewhat unsure of where else to take their conversation. Really, for just a little bit, all he had wanted to do was to share the scenery with her for a little while. She was quick to bridge the gap between them though, asking politely for his name.

"Rook," he said, his mellow, tenor voice seemingly thoughtful and hushed as he turned to look at her. "...Lyall." Inwardly, he cringed upon imagining himself; he wasn't sure why he had to almost belatedly add his last name. Though, he supposed a small part of him hoped that he might have had another chance to find someone (else) who knew about his family. "Are you new?" he asked, his tone becoming wary now as he realized that he actually had not yet met the whole of the Whisper Caverns pack, his current extended family. "My sister and I joined recently; I just haven't been able to introduce myself. The, uh, I'm... I'm often busy trying to look for herbs; I want to make a good impression on @Kassander whenever I can finally catch him at work."

Again, his throat cleared, as if he were nervous. Turning his attention to the scenery that made up the opposite shore of the Lagoon, his smile softened, though he was painfully aware of himself, determined not to come off as a chatterbox (which more often than not caught his friend Namid off-guard). The least he wanted to do was to come bearing down on his smaller companion and scare her off; there was no need to scare her twice.

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.