(See All?) Announcements
838 Users Online
Google, Bing, Viorel, Flair, Hazelnut, Vanadis

gain some self-control — Firefly Weir 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
tag, tag. c: @Narimé @Namid or any other WC wolves!

These nights never seem to go to plan
borden lyall
I don't want you to leave, will you hold my hand?

October 7th; Early morning; Clear; 38° F/4° C

He knew he had been here before, just... not this particular part of the Lagoon. His paws might have known the feeling of cool mud and sand against his pads and he might have recognized the fading greenery that made up the opposite shore of the Lagoon, but the scent of it, especially with the changing of the seasons, did not strike a familiar chord at all. The last time he had been here, he found Skana; and, the time before that, he and Jaysyek had renewed their vows to one another. It was all a blur now though, and all he could remember was that there was something important about this place.

Against his better judgement to keep moving onward, he lingered around if only to take a closer look at anything he might have missed. Since he had broken through the tree line that made up the familiar forest of cedar and other evergreen trees - firs, pines, and junipers and the like - he had actually found the heart of what had once been Grizzly Hollow territory. Scent trails that led this way and that around the old burrow suggested that he keep looking; Rook, he discovered, had been there just days before him.

He was getting closer.

When he had meant to follow his youngest son, his path instead brought him towards the southern part of Southern Eden. Around the edges of the Lagoon he went, tracing paw prints on the saturated shore - or at least what remained of them - and suddenly finding a spot where Rook had recently reappeared. Borden's eager nose kept close to the ground as he ambled along to find an isolated spot where the shallows branched off and gathered into a small pool. The backdrop of the forest reflected over the still glass-like surface on one side as the white and gray clouds were mirrored on the other.

Borden shook out his coat, staggering over to his right a few times over once he had stopped. Perhaps it wasn't too late; and, perhaps his son was still nearby. His ears drew back, but before he could even have second thoughts, he tilted his head back, unknowingly calling for, not just Rook, but for those who had brought him into their ranks, the wolves of Whisper Caverns.

template base formed by GINNYSAURUS.
Played by TABs who has 837 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
She hasn't met him yet ^^ This makes me happy :D
Narime no longer liked coming to this place, but for some odd reason her paws continued to trace familiar routes into Iridescent lagoon. Bittersweet memories invaded her thoughts as the gray hued she wolf trotted forward beside the far end of the lagoon. Her steps sometimes fell only inches away from the pristine ripples of reflective water. At other times the gray females large paws were well away from the lagoon's shore.

Her first memories of this place were warm but cold at the same time. Images of her younger self playing with Sloane in the lagoon's cooling waters scoured her head though her heart had long since hardened from the pain. All she felt now was empty instead of sad or angry.

No what hurt her heart more was the knowledge that her first daughter was someplace out here returning to the earth. She wondered if Malia was angry with her or not. Or if she had died quickly or not. Nari's thoughts began to turn dark as she shook her ruff trying to rid herself of her souring mood. Instead she began to focus on the sounds and sights of the lagoon. She tried to find the beauty it once held to her.

Soon the scent of wolf tinged her nose. Then a howl radiated through the air. Her ears tuned in to the sad howl wondering who the male was. From the qualities of his scent Nari was able to tell that the male was older and physically healthy. Though she wondered what the man was doing out here. Usually elders had packs to rely on and didn't stray far from them, but this guy... He was a loner by the smell of it. Tipping her head to the side and pausing where she stood, the silver hunter stretched as far as she could to get a better look around her. Her concerned gaze found the rusty brownish grey coat of the male farther ahead past one of the lagoon's banks.

She debated for a moment on approaching the man, but decided that he wasn't going to be too much of a threat and proceeded forward. A low "woof" was uttered from her jaws to alert the male of her presence before she came into view of him. Allowing her tail to twitch back and forth in a very slow but friendly wag, Nari glanced over the man. He was a bit hungry she could tell. His body had once been strong but now was a tad on the thin side. Dipping her head in a greeting Nari then turned her gaze to look back out over the lagoon.

"Hello sir."

She spoke warmly while curiosity burned in her chest. Where did he come from? He should be with family at that age. Her mind thought finally distracted by the males presence from her earlier depressed emotions.

"The colors of the leaves make the lagoon glorious at this time of year don't they?"

Nari commented hoping to break the ice between them.
faestock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
(This post was last modified: Oct 08, 2014, 02:43 PM by Narimé.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
borden lyall

The Lady Narimé's name should have preceded her, but as Jaysyek typically took care of diplomatic matters and maintaining relations with neighboring packs, Borden had no way of recognizing the gray woman who had greeted him. His pale eyes swept from the tips of her ears to the shape of her eyes and from her shoulders over the length of her spine and tail. He lurched further to right as he placed a little too much pressure on his left forepaw, teetering about as to fully look at her straight-on without turning his head.

"The colors of the leaves make the lagoon glorious at this time of year don't they?"

At least she seemed nice, and her sociable remark prompted a small nod from him. "Yeah," well, so, it wasn't too much of a reply, but there was something itching at the back of his mind as he continued to look at her. His sense of smell was usually lacking these days, but perhaps if he could come closer he might glean some information about where she was from or who had recently been with her without having to directly ask. A puff of air exited from his snout in a soft snort. Here, is where he might have said something like "I feel like we've met before." or "Have I met you? You seem familiar." or "My name is Borden Lyall, who might you be?" What came off his tongue was nothing of the sort, "Can you tell me where I am?"

He stole glances of the autumn-colored landscape around them, no longer recognizing the Lagoon. In his head he scrambled for information, but for the time being he could not even recall who it was he had been looking for or who could have helped him in a moment such as this. His ears fell, a name from the distant past coming to mind instead of the ones he had needed, "Aisling?" As soon as her name had fluttered into the open air he shrunk back, only half-certain that he might have mistaken the young woman as someone else. On the other hand, he bit back a whine, fighting with himself in his skull as he failed to correct himself, "A-Aniu... An... Can you find Arlette for me?"

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina

The silver she wolf looked over the familiar features of the gray male wondering just who he reminded her of. Narime racked her brain for the coats and patterns of wolves she had met in the past. Though her memories were a bit fuzzy when it came to some names and faces. The wolves who looked most alike to this male were Angier and Rook. Those thoughts made her wonder a bit.

Narime watched the man carefully but continued to keep her friendly demeanor. It wasn't until he nodded and answered her that she inwardly relaxed. She had not been sure of whether the male would tolerate her being around or not, but it seemed as if he was comfortable enough to chat with her.

Or at least it seemed that way until his eyes glazed over as if he were deep in thought. The gray male looked at her then glanced about the lagoon as if he were remembering something. Nari's tail twitched downwards curious as to why he was acting so...distantly. The first question that came out of his maw was one she could understand. Most wolves who were new to this land had no idea where they were, and Nari would happily give those lost souls an answer if she met with them.

"You have arrived in a land called Southern Eden, and this place here called Iridescent Lagoon Mr..."

She answered pausing at where a name would have been added if she had known him. She debated on asking for his name when he said something she was unable to hear. Then she listened as he began uttering names that she wasn't familiar with. Nari cocked her head as a sad expression touched her eyes. He's not well... she thought while quietly watching him. He might have wandered away from his pack in confusion a while ago. It's clear he needs help from other wolves. Nari stood rigid now wondering what to do. She was pretty sure no healer in her pack could help him. The winter would surely kill the man. However, she also wanted to know who the male was talking about.

"I'll help you find the wolves you are looking for, but you need to give me your name first."

She spoke gently while leaning her head closer to listen in case he mumbled.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
borden lyall

She told him that he had come to Southern Eden, a place specifically called Iridescent Lagoon. His head tilted to one side as she paused. A ringing sound in his ears began to hum at a high-pitched frequency; as soon as they formed two tall triangular points atop his head, they flattened again when she told him that she would help him find the wolves he was looking for. However, he had to give her his name first. He seemed dumbfounded, his downward-turned mouth and unmistakable grimace wordlessly telling her that he was considering something.

Bo... the first syllable came to mind with the recollection of Jaysyek's soft, encouraging voice. Bor-- though it seemed to be getting louder - clearer - he clenched his teeth when she was cut off by two other voices he knew by heart. Dad! Dad! Trisden and Bishop's calls were next to echo in memory. His tail began to wag as if Narimé had praised or thanked him for something. All too soon, though, it stopped as Bishop's voice continued further, Dad, stop it!

He slowly closed his eyes and when he opened them again, he looked at his companion, a hint of sadness suddenly apparent on his face. As steady as he could, he drew closer to her, a whimper freeing itself form his throat at last in defeat. He stopped along the edges of the water, standing just close enough so that they could converse without loudly barking to one another and far enough that he wouldn't impose on her personal space. "Dad," he said at first. Then, for a brief second, he opened his mouth, but no words came out. His brow furrowed and his ears came up again as if he had just realized something - like something or someone had just turned 'on the light' with a simple flick of a switch in the darkest corners of his brain, but he still had yet to piece together what he had mentally found.

"I'm sorry," he murmured, his brows angled downward with the wrinkling of his nose, "I..." His eyes returned to her face, unsure of how she would or might react. These strange spells of 'getting lost' in his head did not come very often, but typically, especially when it was his mate and children, those who witnessed these confusing occurrences, his conversation partner was left bewildered, angered, or upset. "I'm sorry," he said again, "Uh, where are my manners... Leader of Grizzly Hollow, Borden, I..." Things seemed to be getting fuzzy again, "I'm trying to go home." Then... a moment of clarity, "I think I'm lost."

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
She was at a loss for words while watching the confused male as a thoughtful expression flipped onto his face. As if he had to think about what his name was. She waited patiently as his expression turned into a blank stare. She could almost see the images playing past his eyes of good and bad memories. Her heart churned wanting to help the man, but she still wasn't 100% positive of how she could help him. The sadness in his look, like he knew he had a problem but didn't know how to stop it, and the whine he let out made her pity him. She let her tail wag more and tried to be as inviting as possible to get him to talk with her. Though she also continued thinking about what might help the man. Titan used a herb on himself during the storm, it was for soothing stress or something... What was it again? I don't think he ever said the name of it... She thought quietly before the wide gray male finally spoke.

Dad? He said as if trying to answer her previous question. Nari tipped her head to the side tempted to move closer to him and give him a soothing touch with her muzzle, but she held back unsure of how he would react. Then all of the sudden clarity passed through his gaze. He apologized bringing a warm smile to her maw.

"Don't apologize for anything, it's okay."

She cooed softly just before he managed to introduce himself. Nari had to stop the shock as it almost swallowed her expression. Instead she forced that gentle look to stay on her features as she regarded the previous king of the Hollow.

Mmm, So this is the Borden that Elettra and Rook told me about. She thought quietly. I can't take him into the cedarwood forest because of those damn Cut Rock River wolves. There's a chance that they would attack him and me, but I don't want to leave him alone to travel by himself. Maybe Kassander can help him with something? She mused while an image of Rook rushing to his fathers side flashed through her head. Yes, she wanted to reunite them, but at the same time Nari had to think of what would help the man most right now.

"My name is Narime Lagina, leader of Whisper Caverns."

She dipped her head in greeting before cocking her crown the other direction and glancing towards the elder Lyall.

"Unfortunately your old territory has been moved into, or at least part of it. A pack called Cut Rock River lives in your forest, and they are not exactly friendly. Maybe you should come with me instead. I can take you to your children Rook and Bishop then have my healer take a look at you."

She smiled gently hoping the gray wolf would accompany her back to her territory. She didn't expect him to stay, but perhaps he could visit with his son while she got word out to Angier and Elettra about his sickness. If Kassander couldn't help him then maybe the Lady of the Willow wolves could. Besides Angier might want to know that his brother was back and how he was doing. She would have to call up Silver to ask the scout to head on over and talk to Willow Ridge pack.

Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
borden lyall

"Don't apologize for anything, it's okay," she had said. It should have immediately brought him comfort, but instead, it made the remembered voices of his loved ones echo back in his head for a bit. It's okay, it's okay, it's okay... Borden, you're all right. Dad, you're okay... Dad. Dad? Her extending her name brought him back to his senses though and he looked at her as any other normal, healthy, individual would. He was obviously alert now, highly aware of everything - his sense of self, his surroundings, and otherwise.

He gave his tail a small wag, but the gesture did not last. Narime told him that his old territory (the whole of it or a portion of it, she was not entirely sure) had been occupied by another pack. He should have thought back to Kade Attaya, remembered that he had entrusted Grizzly Hollow to his most-trusted, Second-in-Command, and his mate Ava. But, he had other thoughts. The last he had mentally checked, he and Jaysyek lived here with their eight children. He grimaced at the assumption; though, a part of him was still perturbed. He could remember them, in their proper birth-order, even: Prosper, Trisden, Hocus, Renier, Ryvet, Calla, Taima, and Aiyana.

As much as he knew, he couldn't recall running into anyone from Cut Rock River. The memory of meeting the young, green-eyed woman in the Cedarwood had not stuck to the folds of his memory. "Maybe you should come with me instead," Narime suggested, but Borden hesitated. "I can take you to your children Rook and Bishop then have my healer take a look at you." "Bishop. Rook?" he repeated, his eyes squinting in uncertainty. He had heard those names before, but he was not truly positive that they were his children. When had that happened?

"My children?" he questioned, changing the topic after becoming disinterested in being looked over by a healer. He had Aniu back at home to poke and prod at him; he didn't need some other pack's physician doing that for her or for Jaysyek's sake. "You mean... Trisden and Hocus? You know they're always getting into trouble, especially with their mother." He took a step closer to her, starting to feel a bit lightheaded now, "If it's fine with you, I'd be glad to collect them, so they're out of your fur... Leave you and your pack be..."

Inactive No Rank
Narimé Lagina
Nari nodded as he said "My children?". Though the names he rattled off afterwards made her face tug downwards in a slight frown. She knew one of the names, yet another Lyall she had forgotten about meeting. In fact, the first wolf she had met upon entering this land. Which had been quite a long time ago now. Trisden.

She felt her heart skip as he spoke about collecting his children. Personally she didn't see him fit to be taking his young with him anywhere outside of the pack, but if they wanted to go with... She would let them. Family should be together... Her thoughts strayed as Nari thought about the idea of Rook and Bishop leaving Whisper Caverns.

"Actually they haven't been a bother at all. In fact they help out a lot around here and have made good friends with my son Titan and my second female named Namid. They are a part of my family now too."

Nari smiled warmly trying to show the man that his children would very much be welcomed if they chose to stay. Though the more she looked over Borden the more she knew that his children would probably want to help him and stay with the grand Lyall.

"Please come, you can come into my territory to collect them if you wish. If... they want to go."

She half turned and flicked her tail a few times in invitation to the elder male. She really did want him to see Rook and Bishop though, even if he did turn down her invitation. She would still call for them and hope that they answered or appeared before them.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
borden lyall

When Narime had assured him that his children had not been any trouble at all, Borden should have been unconvinced, but he figured that he would give her a small nod to convey to her that he had believed her after all. For Trisden and Hocus to help out another pack would be Jaysyek's doing with her heavy emphasis on having good manners and an aptitude to do something kind. He would certainly have to give her the intimate quality time she so often craved from time to time when he returned back to her side. Upon seeing her smile, Borden returned it with ease and, without any more qualms about going along with her, came forward to her side.

"They will come with me," he assured her with a low, warm rumble of his voice. "This is nothing new for either of them. Jaysyek will be glad to have them back at home. I'm not sure what got into them to think that they could wander off this far; they have an obligation to help out with their younger siblings." He added with a quirk of his brow, "They also know better than to leave her like that, but I'm glad they've been kind enough to help you."

Just as Rook had commonly done in the prospect of the invitation in going somewhere, he lifted left paw (he might have raised his right one, if only for a brief moment, but it had been years since his left fore paw could withstand the pinched nerve he had suffered after a fight from long ago). "Whenever you're ready," he extended with another wave of his tail. "The sooner I can have those two in my possession, the better. I'd rather not have them causing any more mischief under your nose if I can help it."

(Fade?)