711 Users Online
Google, Bing

To Seize The Day — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Trix who has 331 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
@Maksim or @Kisla

After several long weeks of roaming and debating, Jynx had made up her mind. She would take Karpos up on his recommendation of Cut Rock River. He seemed like a nice enough fellow, and his pack sounded solid and formidable. She had waited long enough already, and with autumn in full force, time was limited for any lone wolf. Jynx had had a hard enough time getting by on her own, and she wasn't looking forward to enduring another winter all by herself. Time to put her days of solitude behind her. Remembering his instructions of her friend, she traveled for several days until she found the Cedarwood Forest, in which Cut Rock River should reside. The tall, giant trees, even with their warm array of fall leaves, were an impressive, inspiring sight to the tawny female. It was late morning and a distinct chill was in the air. Most of the other animals, including wolves, would be up and about their business by now. She only hoped her timing was good. Interrupting the busy schedule of an alpha wasn't something she looked forward to, but she had to find a home.

Her paws crunched softly against the leaves that had long since fallen to the ground, her dark nose twitching gently as she inhaled any scents that came her way. She knew that the pack had to be close by, and with this in mind, Jynx was being careful not to accidentally miss the borders. Today she was feeling particularly shy, and for good reason. As a wolf who had known nothing but the lifestyle of a loner, she was completely new to the rituals of joining a pack. Yet she was also well educated, thanks to her adoptive father. Airing on the side of caution, she felt was her best bet. After a half hour of roaming back and forth, weaving between the trees, she found what she was looking for. A distinct combination of scents, of other wolves, clearly stating that this land was theirs. She thought she might've caught a faint hint of Karpos' scent as well. Backing up a good few steps from the border, she surveyed the forest beyond with her golden eyes. It was now or never, and after a releasing a breath, Jynx tipped her head up and howled in a long, soft note.
Ophelia-Stock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
*throws in Lachesis* he is leader of CRR temporarily :)
Since Maksim’s injury Lachesis had been appointed the temporary leader of Cut Rock River. It was strange to think that he, a wolf that once trembled at the sight of another, had blossomed in this pack and proved himself enough to Maksim that he would trust the medic to lead his pack. XIX realized that once Maksim’s health improved that he could force him to challenge for his rank, but the lanky youth wanted to avoid conflict. The green-eyed leader was a natural leader, whereas Lachesis was not. He was happy to fill the paws of leader briefly, ensuring that Maksim got better and that the pack flourished, but he was not prepared to take on the role fulltime. He was still young and adjusting to pack life, the thought of all the responsibility weighing down on his shoulders did not seem appealing.

As the threat of winter approached the search for new members increased. Seeing the dwindling numbers at the pack meeting caused Lachesis’ to turn. The pack once flourished, but it seemed the warm weather of summer had stolen wolves away from Cut Rock. One of them being Capella, who had just recently returned. Her arrival had left a bitter taste in his mouth – he wasn’t sure how to react to her disappearance after realizing that it had not been intentional. Giving his head a quick shake XIX returned his focus back to patrolling the borders; he would allow the other wolves of Cut Rock to venture further. Not only did he have to play the role of leader, but he also had to treat Maksim and ensure that his injuries were healing swiftly and without infection.

The call of another pulled him away from his thoughts – a loner… seeking leaders? His heart thumped excitedly, but outward he remained calm. There would always be wolves that did not ‘fit’ well with the pack. Cut Rock needed loyal wolves that would not disappear without a word; the future of the pack depended on it. Luckily, for both him and the lone female, he was not far from where she was. With the help of his long legs Lachesis weaved effortlessly through the trees to close the distance between the two. Kisla would be busy with both the pups and Maksim – as his first official ‘leader duty’ he could great a potential new member,

“What can I help you with?” He greeted softly as he stepped out from behind a tree, his pear-coloured eyes studying the female before him as he stopped in front of her. His body immediately took on a dominant stance, his head held high and his tail curled up as he observed her. It was obvious that she was here for one reason, but XIX wanted to hear what she had to say. Although his confidence had grown dramatically since joining Cut Rock River, he was still wary of strangers – especially those who sought acceptance into the pack.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
Time was on her side, it seemed. Shortly after she released her cry, Jynx found that she did not have to wait long until an attentive member of the pack showed himself. Her bright yellow eyes flickered over his pale white coat, noting his long legs. She presumed that this wolf, must indeed be Makism. He certainly held himself like a proper leader. Karpos had not given her a physical description on the River sovereign, only his name. So she remained ignorant of the fact that this male was only leading temporarily.

Like the well mannered wolf she was, she instantly dropped her body to the ground, tucking her tail tightly against her belly, submitting. Her characteristic shyness showing, she even shuffled backward a few inches. She was new at this, and just like Lachesis, slow to come around with strangers. Everything about her body language said that she meant no harm, that she was of no threat to the pack. When he spoke, she licked her dark lips nervously before answering softly. "Y-yes. I am hoping to find a home within Cut Rock River..." Now wasn't this interesting. Surely Lachesis would be curious as to how a loner like her, knew the name of his pack. She would gladly provide him with all the details, as it had been her intention to mention Karpos all along. Jynx wasn't here just looking for a comfy den in the cold winter months. She wanted to contribute, to make a name for herself. To be something other than just an invaluable lone wolf.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
The long-legged healer was pleased to see the other female immediately drop into a submissive position. This whole leader business was a strange concept to XIX – this time last year he had been a trembling mess, and would not have been capable of leading a pack, temporarily or not. He was glad that Maksim trusted him enough to take care of the Cut Rock wolves while he was injured. Out of the remaining River wolves Lachesis was one of the original founding members, and would do anything to protect the pack. Increasing their numbers, especially before winter, was vital to the pack’s survival. Hopefully the russet-coloured female would not say anything that would cause him to turn her away…

Watching her through narrowed brows the alabaster male listened patiently as she responded to his question. His ear twitched at the mention of his pack’s name; he could not deny that he was curious as to how she learned of the pack. Regardless, it was a good sign. She had heard of the pack and chosen to seek acceptance – something had driven her here. But what? “Why Cut Rock River?” He asked, his curiosity framing his words as they fell off the tip of his tongue. “What could you offer to the pack?” His voice rang out once more, hungry for answers from the lithe female. He realized that he had not yet introduced himself to the loner, but that could wait. The nervousness radiating off her reminded him of himself when he first arrived in Relic Lore, so he would not overload her with information or questions. XIX knew how frightening the process of joining a pack was, and did not want to scare away a possible new member.

Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
There she crouched, belly low to the ground and ears flat as she maintained the perfect submissive stance. Not long after she finished stating that she wished to join the Cut Rock River, did the ghostly male toss not one, but two questions her way. This she was expecting. Outsiders like herself weren't simply allowed into another's pack, no questions asked. Drawing in a breath, Jynx quickly thought over how she would go about answering these questions, before opening her mouth to speak. "Well...I was actually referred here by one of your members. A dark coated fellow...Karpos I believe. He was kind enough to tell me a little bit about the pack and it's values." She managed a meek, half smile. There was no reason to further explain that she thought this pack was the right fit for her, otherwise she would not be standing here at the borders today.

Now came the challenging part, and Jynx felt her nerves start to act up again. "As for what I can offer...well, I'll be honest." She glanced sideways to the ground with her yellow eyes briefly. "I've been nothing but a lone wolf ever since I was born. Pack life would be new to me." Hopefully this information wouldn't shift the chances of acceptance against her. "But..." She quickly began again, daring to land her eyes on his chest hopefully, honestly. "...I am an expert survivalist, and I'm not afraid of hard work. I'm not sure what my passion is yet, but I do know that I want a place to belong. To be valued...not just another drifter." She finished, her voice soft, yet decisive. Now it was up to Lachesis to decide if the russet female was worthy enough of being a River wolf.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
At the mention of Karpos the alabaster male felt a swell of pride – the wolf he treated as blood had recruited a loner to Cut Rock! He would be sure to praise the yearling to Maksim; the former prince of Pitch Pine was making a name for himself in the pack. If his nephew had not seen something in the russet-coloured loner XIX knew he would not have sent her this way. Although young, Karpos was wise beyond his years as he had experienced more in his short life than some adults. Tragedy seemed to follow the shadow youth, but it seemed as though things were finally turning around for him.

Lachesis listened patiently as the young female answered his second question. The corners of his lips twitched at her initial comment, and he became immediately wary of her intentions until she continued to speak. The long-legged healer had been in the same situation last year – while he had grown up in a pack, it had not been a ‘feral’ pack. They had been confined by fences and examined by the two-legs, living a soft, cushioned life. He had struggled to fit in with the wolves outside the gates, and if it had not been for Anastasia XIX knew he would not have survived.

“Cut Rock River demands loyalty – we have seen too many come and go, without a word. We take care of each other and work together. I would expect nothing but hard work from you,” he responded coolly, his pear-coloured gaze focused on her lean frame. “I am sure Karpos told you about Maksim; I am not him. Unfortunately, our leader has suffered an injury and I have taken his place as leader until he has recovered. My name is Lachesis – or Nineteen.” Introducing himself by both names was a force of habit; although the latter came from the two-legs the healer still identified with it.

“What else can you tell me about yourself? Do you have any skills you can offer?” He asked finally, curious to learn more about the russet loner before deciding whether to accept her into the pack. Lachesis did not want to disappoint Maksim with invaluable members.

Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
After another brief lapse of silence, the leggy white wolf spoke again. As he emphasized how Cut Rock River expected nothing but the utmost loyalty from their wolves and hard work, Jynx pinned her eyes to the soil at her paws again. Ears pressing down flat against her skull, she nodded once to state that she understood completely. Then, the mystery of his identity was solved. He was not in fact, the lead male, Maksim. Instead he was filling in for him, as he recovered from some unknown injury. "That...is most unfortunate." She said quietly. Jynx didn't want to say too much and overstep her bounds, so she would keep her thoughts to herself. Thoughts such as Lachesis, or Nineteen, was doing a fine job at filling in, as far as she could tell.

Now he wanted to know more about her. What skills she could offer, and her name of course. Clearing her throat gently, she kept her eyes trained on the space between his front legs. "My name is Jynx Dirol. Like I said, I know a thing or two about having to get by in harsh conditions. My...adoptive father made sure to teach me all he could before his time was up." This was a business affair, and thus, not the appropriate time to entertain a member of a well established pack with her life story. She only touched on the topic briefly, to give Nineteen a little bit of background information to consider. "As far as my skills are concerned, I would like to think that I am a fair hunter, although I haven't had much experience with larger prey, of course. I'm also quick on my feet...I enjoy being active and helpful in whatever way I can. I would like to share my knowledge with others." Possible qualifications for a hunter or a scout later down the road? Who knew...but she had to be accepted first. "If you do accept me, Nineteen, I swear to you and all the wolves of Cut Rock River, my complete loyalty. I will defend for and care for them as if they were my own blood." She stated, setting her jaw with a firm, honest nod.
Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
-Throws Karpos in for the last few posts?-

He had been keeping busy for sure so that he did not have time to dwell on some of the things that had happened previously. His patrolling of the borders ceased when he heard a call from the other side of the territory. The silky voice was one that he knew and a wide grin split his muzzle. His eyes expressed his happiness as he bolted as fast as he could towards the borders. She had decided to join them! He remembered their encounter. He remembered every word and quite honestly, he had had a hard time forgetting the mottled girl. She seemed so nice and sweet. When he arrived, his uncle was already present. His uncle, it dawned on him, temporarily held the power to take Jynx in. He gave a respectful bow to him while expressing his submission.

"Hiya Jynx! It's great to see you again!!! I see you've met my Uncle Lachesis." He said with eager tones as he shot his uncle a hopeful look. He had no idea how much conversation had actually gone one between them but he hoped to help aid it in the direction he sought it to go as much as he could. The swarthy young Slayer boy was already formulating plans in his mind. Perhaps his uncle would let him show her around if she was to join the pack. He assumed that it was why she was here given the call that she put forward. His chocolate brown eyes could barely hide the eagerness as his scar seemed almost forgotten. He took a deep breathe to calm himself down.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
Sorry for the wait guys! <3

The slender medic listened patiently to her as she introduced herself and responded to his questions. While he was curious to know more about her history and where she came from, it was not the time for personal questions. He was trying to decide whether she would be an asset to Cut Rock; there would be time to get to know each other later (if she was accepted). While she did not excel at any particular skill XIX was not concerned – it had taken him months to decide what he was actually good at and offer to the packs he joined. Jynx was still young, and still had much to learn about herself. In that discovery Nineteen knew she would discover what she was exceptionally good at and pursue it.

Just as his mouth propped open to respond to the agouti-coloured female a familiar scent hit his nostrils, causing a smile to fall onto his dark maw. He turned to the direction of Karpos’ scent, his expression softening as his nephew stepped toward them. A brow quirked as the dark yearling enthusiastically greeted Jynx – that was a good sign. The Slayer child and XIX had been through so much together in the past year, and while the shadow youth was still young, he trusted his opinion. The youth had endured so much in his short life, and was wiser beyond his age.

“Karpos,” he greeted in a cool voice, his pear-coloured gaze falling onto his dark nephew. “Do you think Jynx would be a good fit for Cut Rock?” Lachesis had already made his decision – he knew that the mottled female possessed the qualities that the pack sought after, but he was curious to see how his nephew would answer.

Played by Namara who has 402 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Karpos Slayer
Sorry for skipping Jynx, I figured it would flow smoothly in a way if he answered the question ASAP - @Lachesis

His uncle would turn his gaze onto himself and Karpos would give the healer and temporary leader a soft smile. He had really found his niche within the pack and with it, his anger had left. He loved wandering and exploring in between patrols which he also loved. The only thing missing was someone to talk to. He could always talk to Lachesis or Naia or Adsila but that wasn’t what he meant. He meant someone else that he wasn’t related to. He could talk to Maksim, in fact he needed to when the leader was back in leadership about the coming spring and plans he was beginning to make, but that wasn’t what he meant either. He needed a good friend in the pack that he wasn’t related to by mind or blood. He didn’t need his adoptive aunts and uncles for this type of talk because it wasn’t what he had meant. He needed a friend, Jynx.

His uncle’s question towards him came with a hasty and thought out response. “Of course she’d be a good fit Uncle. If I didn’t think that she was a good fit for the River, I never would have suggested it.” He said with a smile towards her. It was friendly and reserved. These were his lands, his borders, his home, and she was going to be part of it and he could talk to her. Maksim had been talking about how the River needed more wolves and now he had found one. Now that he was thinking about what he had just been thinking about, he determined it had sounded rather creepy and he was glad he hadn’t said it out loud.

(This post was last modified: Nov 17, 2014, 02:56 AM by Karpos.)