(See All?) Announcements
650 Users Online
Bing, Google

breaking up my bones — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Arla who has 1,399 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
RE: Cut Rock River, the presence of a stranger near your borders has put you on edge. There are footprints in the mud, but no scent.
As much as the long-limbed healer wanted to venture further from Cut Rock territory to persuade loner’s to join their pack he was also hesitant. Although Maksim was getting better XIX still worried about him, and wanted to remain close in case he was needed. He knew that Karpos was doing an excellent job at scouting for new recruits – Lachesis could not wait to speak highly of his nephew once their leader’s strength returned. Until then, Lachesis was the stand-in leader, and was determined to prove himself to Maksim. As much as he liked the responsibility, it also made him uncomfortable. He was not yet ready to lead a pack; he still had much to learn from Maksim, and was content with being the agouti male’s second. He would do anything for his leader, and would forever remain loyal. Cut Rock River was his home and had been there for him when he had returned from the mountain without Anastasia at his side.

It was strange to think of how much time had passed since his blue-eyed china doll had been taken from him. They had been so determined to find Karpos and Adsila that they had ignored how dangerous attempting to cross the snow-covered mountains was. XIX still liked to think that she had been recused from the mountain and was living with another pack until she was ready to return to him and Cut Rock. There wasn’t a day that went by that he didn’t think of her, or miss her. She had saved him after he had been separated from his brother, and had helped mold him into the wolf he now was. He knew that she would be so proud to see how confident he had become in her absence. His stutter had completely disappeared, and he no longer trembled at the thought of encountering another wolf. Of course, he still preferred to be on his own – and always would – but he was far more willing to strike up conversation (and maintain one!) than he had been before.

Thoughts of Anastasia consumed him as he maneuvered through the trees, his tall body remaining close to pack borders as he moved with a ghostly grace. The morning sun illuminated the forest as it crept through the branches, chasing away the darkness that night had left behind. While his relationship had been mended with Bastet XIX still wasn’t sleeping much. Capella had reappeared briefly and it seemed as though she had disappeared again… Lachesis wasn’t sure what was going on with her anymore. He loved her, he knew that, but having her leave… he couldn’t handle it, and he would not allow it to consume him. He had a pack to lead (even if it was only temporary) and could not allow his woes to fall upon Bastet, or the other wolves of Cut Rock.

His movements ceased abruptly as an uncomfortable feeling settled over him. Something, someone, had been lurking around the borders… but there was no scent? Perplexed, he padded forward as his head spun around searching for the source of the eerie presence. Glancing down he could see not only his own tracks in the dirt, but those of another. His blood ran hot as he sniffed heavily at the prints, searching for something identifying who they belonged to… but nothing. There was nothing. Tracks without a scent? Was that even possible? Goosebumps lingered against his skin as a chill ran down his spine… attempting to shake it off Lachesis continued forward at a slow pace, his pear-coloured eyes searching the area for shadows lurking nearby.

[Image: ds_by_a_yellow_bird-dc337jk.png]
stick with those who stick with you
Played by Hero who has 204 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
Bastet had been on edge lately, and had good reason to be. There had been a temporary change of leadership, their agouti leader had been injured and in his place stood Lachesis, the very wolf she adored and had begun to worry about. There was no doubt in her mind that Lachesis was not equipped to take over leadership, he was still young, and inexperienced, ut his timidness was what she worried about the most--could he get them through the winter safely. He was a smart wolf and his medical knowledge was useful to them in any season, but she knew that with their leader gone the rest of them would need to step up to the plate to protect their home.

Casting her nose to the ground she searched for his scent and when she found it she followed it for a while until she could see his lanky stance in the distance. He seemed different than she remembered, the responsibility of leadership seemed to have changed him but she couldn't yet decide if she liked it or not--it was not uncommon for power to go to ones head. When she approached him she slowed her walk, not wanting to startle him, and at this speed she saw what had brought him to the edge of their home, there were foot prints but there was little to no scent. "Who do you think those belong to?" she questioned him when finally she reached his shoulder and nipped it with affection. No matter uncertain she was of his abilities as leader, she could stick by his side and help him, it was what any good friend or significant other, would do. "they seem to lead to nowhere, do you think someone could have crossed our border?" her brow raised as she locked his gaze waiting for any ideas.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Bastet <33

There was something unsettling at the Cedarwood borders, leaving the lanky ghost feeling incredibly paranoid as he followed the scentless prints. They were sporadic as they weaved through the trees, leaving the leader feeling more anxious. Had someone trespassed into pack territory without him knowing? While he knew that his position was only temporary, as once Makism’s health returned he would return to being leader, XIX still wanted to prove himself to the pack. He had been with Cut Rock since its founding and was determined to do everything possible to ensure that the pack flourished. The slender healer did not want to see the pack fall like Pitch Pine Trail had.

As he searched for a scent once more a familiar one stole his attention, a soft smile falling across his maw as he turned toward the raven-coloured female. His heart thumped as she padded toward him, is pear eyes focused on her dark frame as she closed the distance between them. He returned the display of affection with a quick lick pressed to her forward, his gaze immediately hardening as he returned his focus to the elusive paw prints, her question filling the air between them. “A loner, maybe,” he started, his brows narrowing as he studied the tracks once more. “I can’t find a scent – a pack wolf would reek of others…” His lips tightened as his voice trailed away, frustration taking its hold on the long-legged healer.

He shook his head at her question before responding, his yellow-green pools falling onto her once more. “I don’t think so, it seems like they’re avoiding the border.” Relief washed over him as the words fell off his tongue once the realization settled in. The last thing XIX wanted to do was chase a stranger out of pack territory – luckily for him, and the other River wolves, whoever these tracks belonged to was staying away from the borders.

Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
Took me forever to respond! Sorry @Lachesis x.x!
She flinched inwardly, feeling the warmth of his lips on her forehead and she pressed closer to him, enjoying the affection that he gave. It was a good feeling knowing that they were able to move forward with each other, it was an accomplishment for the both of them, the thought that they could mend what was broken and try for something they both wanted. She wanted him, and was happy that he had made into leadership no matter how short lived the position could be--she was proud of his confidence and stood proudly at his side as his partner if she needed it.

As the feeling of nervousness disappeared she looked into his olive colored eyes with a smile, addressing him in a slow and steady tone, "I think you may be on to something...I can't catch a familiar scent of pack either..." though she hardly knew the scent of the other neighboring packs like her counterpart the woman knew that a pack wolf would stink of their pack, and assumed that they wouldn't be so naive to venture so blindly into pack borders. With Maksim injured, the pack was limited in the amount of brute strength they had patrolling the border but she had picked up the duty personally, and despite her position as scout had kept to the pack in case she was needed. The pups needed guarding and with a new leader in position, the pack needed to be one their best game in order to make it through the upcoming winter, "have you gotten any updates about Maksim? I heard this position is limited but I'm so proud of you, I think you're doing a fabulous job already." and she paused finally, staring at him intently. She thoroughly enjoyed this new relationship of theirs.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
<3

Everything made sense when he was around the raven-coloured female. He was lucky that she had put up with his “woe is me” attitude for so long; she easily could have abandoned him and allowed his problems to consume him. And she almost had. She was unlike the other women that XIX had encountered; she was fiery, outspoken, and knew exactly what she wanted. It was not something he was used to, as both Anastasia and Capella had been meek and soft-spoken, but her spitfire attitude continued to draw XIX in.

“Hopefully the packs aren’t sending loners to do their dirty work…” he mumbled in an irritated tone, a deep frown cutting across his maw as he returned Bastet’s gaze. He knew there was tension between Cut Rock and Whisper Caverns – it would not surprise him if they had sent a loner to spy on them. It was also quite possible that the scent belonged to a rogue searching for a pack to join... but why didn’t they howl?

His thoughts were cast away as the raven-coloured female spoke once more. A smile fell onto his dark lips as she spoke, complimenting him on his temporary position. “He’s doing much better; he should be back on his feet soon,” he answered as he pressed his nose to her cheek to thank her for the unexpected compliment. “As much as I like the position, it’s not mine to keep. I just don’t want Cut Rock to crumble while Maksim is out of commission,” he added in a feeble attempt at a joke, his nose bumping against her cheek once more.

(This post was last modified: Dec 09, 2014, 08:39 AM by Lachesis.)
Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
@Lachesis!
Though the issues between the alabaster male and the raven woman had been cleared up, she still wondered what would happen if Capella were to return to him. He vowed to never hurt her again, and she trusted him, but she couldn't help wondering if the feelings he held for her were strong enough to keep him from hurting her; there was always the possibility of his past returning. Though she stood proudly at his side, a loyal subordinate who held the duty as Scout, she knew that the woman he had trusted so many moons ago had a much lengthier past with the young male and this was a constant worry for her; could he truly move on and begin something new with her? Pushing negative thoughts from his mind, she turned her attention once more at the task at hand and lowered her nose to sniff at the earth, and still yet she could not detect just where the paws were coming from and whom they belonged to, it must have been a desperate loner to enter their land and flee without detection. The fact that someone had entered their border without detection bothered her, they were not as strong as they once were and he hoped that the neighboring packs had no intention of taking claim on some of their land while their members were low. "Let us hope no pack has become that desperate to trust a loner to do their dirty work..." she trailed off, swallowing thick saliva that had collected at the base of her throat. She would have never thought that so soon, she would fear for the future of her home...

Though Lachesis was not as experienced as Maksim, or strong, she trusted his judgement and would do as he asked as a means to keep harmony in the pack. She only hoped that this stint as leader would mold him into a more confident wolf that she knew was buried somewhere within him. "I know you would do anything within your power to see that the pack still stands while he is not ruler. Come, walk with me Lachesis, I am sure that these paw prints are nothing that we should concern ourselves with further...." and she nudged his shoulder with hopes that he would follow her. She had a question to ask him that had been burning within her since last year and now that he was finally of age, it was only appropriate to know where he stood on the issue, "have you ever considered pups Lach?" she wondered, though she would not ask him to bore her any, she hoped that her question was enough as a implication that she hoped to have some with him.
Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Bastet I'm so sorry for the wait. :(
I do love Lachest threads, ah <3

With tension rising between rival packs it would not surprise the long-legged healer to discover the use of loner’s as spies. He hoped that no pack would stoop that low, but it was something to wary of. With little ones in the pack, it was crucial that the borders stood strong and every wolf was on alert.

His gaze softened as it fell onto the raven-coloured female at his side, a soft smile playing with the corners of his lips. XIX was glad that the fiery girl had decided to call Cut Rock her home after recovering from her injuries – he could not imagine his life without her now. She had been there for him during his weakest moments, and had forced him to continue on with his life. It had been a struggle – a struggle that almost caused him to lose her – but he had pushed through. It was a remarkable feeling, to know that someone cared for him so deeply. It made his heart beat faster just thinking about it, and his smile to deepen as he listened to her voice break the silence once more. He happily obliged to her nudge, his long legs keeping in stride with hers. While the strange paw prints still lingered in the back of his mind, he pushed it aside to focus on his current company.

Her sudden question took him off guard, his paws stumbling briefly as he swallowed the lump that had suddenly appeared in his throat. “I, uh, never really thought about it…” he admitted sheepishly, his pear-coloured gaze focused on the ground before them. As much as he enjoyed being an ‘uncle’ to the puppies that had come into his life, it had never crossed his mind about being a father. However, the thought of little Lachesis’ running around did make his heart throb with a desire that he had not felt before. He didn’t know how to be a father… his own had not been much of one, and XIX worried that he would suffer the same fate. “Puppies would be nice, though,” he added quietly, shooting her a side glance as he bumped her shoulder with his.

Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
@Lachesis, this sucks, Sorry!
No sooner did the question leave her mouth did she wish to erase it from his memory and her own, it was a silly question that should have been reserved for when they became mates, it made little sense that she had questioned him now, when he had so many other important matters to address. The awkward pause made her cringe inwardly, she could tell that he was wondering how to answer it without upsetting her and yet she was afraid of his answer; what if he dismissed her completely.

His reply made her exhale deeply and she searched his face without word, wondering how he truly felt even as the words passed his lips. He was young, and so was she, but she had always wanted to bear a brood, it had been her dream and what better wolf than the very male she admired the most? It was a while yet before breeding season was upon them but she wanted to male to prepare in case they wanted to bear pups next year.  "I agree. I've never had puppies, I heard that it hurts birthing them but it's worth it once they are finally out." she was blunt, watching him closely when the truth left her lips. She had witnessed the pain that Kisla had endured to birth the future of Cut Rock River, the pain she endured was enough to keep her from attempting to breed but the curiosity had suddenly gotten the best of her, could she and Lachesis eventually become parents, together?  "If you would like Lachesis, I would hope to bear your puppies someday." the request left her lips easily and she knew it would probably cause him discomfort but she enjoyed him, even inch of him, and wanted nothing more than to share a piece of live puppies with him, in the future.

Inactive No Rank
Lachesis "XIX" Stark
@Bastet I am so sorry! :( <3

The idea of being a father and raising pups seemed absurd to the healer. He did not have the same qualities that Maksim possessed; he was a recluse, and preferred to drown himself in his profession. However, the idea was just as appealing as it was ridiculous. Since his father had not been much of one, XIX worried that he would end up just like him. He wanted to be able to give his children everything they deserved, and allow them the freedom that had been taken from him as a pup.

There was also the risk of future children taking time away from his profession. His role as the pack’s healer was very important to him; it had allowed him to finally feel as though he belonged within the pack. Due to his lack of social skills (and overall ‘wolf’ skills) there was not much that the slender Arctic male was good at. Hunting – especially fishing – came naturally to the lean male, as his long legs gave him speed that many did not possess, but there would always been an abundance of hunters within a pack. Becoming a healer was not typically seen as desirable, as it did not offer the same rush of excitement as hunting or scouting – but to XIX it did. He had saved lives with the use of his plants, and he would continue to do so until he was no longer able. Would father duties take away from his duties, and potentially distract him?

Giving his mind a mental shake, Lachesis returned his focus to the raven-coloured female at his side. Her foreign accent temporarily pulled him away from his thoughts, causing a soft smile to form across his maw as he listened to her. He had been there for the aftermath of Kisla’s birthing; he knew that it was no picnic. He had given his leader a concoction of different plants to help stimulate milk production and help her regain her strength. Kisla, like Bastet, was tough, and had recovered swiftly from the ordeal. As much as he worried how it would affect Bastet, he knew that she would pull through

Her next comment had taken him by surprise once more, his lips tightening at the comment although the previous smile was still present. While the idea of having puppies was still being debated in his mind, the idea of having puppies with Bastet seemed much more appealing. Little black and white puppies running around… the thought made his heart swell. “I would like that a lot,” he responded in a soft voice, his pear eyes shooting the dark female a side glance before falling to his feet.

Inactive No Rank
Bastet Akhenaten
@Lachesis ! No problem <3!
Despite her tough appearance and distant personality, the raven woman was a helpless romantic and found that her love for Lachesis had grown since their first meeting almost over a year ago. They had matured, more so him and she, and yet for some reason the two had still managed to remain in each others lives--heart ache and all. She appreciated Lachesis' honesty, he was a wolf that despite his displeasure and uncertainty, could not lie and she knew that each word and emotion that he gave her was real therefore when he spoke, giving her permission to someday, hopefully soon, bear his pups she felt her heart leap in her chest. The thought that one day, Bastet would become a mother was a long stretch but to have them with Lachesis was another story--together, she hoped that they could make history.

A smile fell along her lips with ease as she followed alongside him, deep in thought. She could not have expected him to simply give her his blessing of puppies some day and yet he had, and for that she was joyous, so much so that a sense of renewed energy rocked through her and she nipped at his shoulder playfully. "Good. Now chase me!" she teased and felt the cool rush of wind beneath her feet as she bolted over the frozen land of Cut Rock. She did not know how far along behind her the ghost of a male was but she didn't expect for him to be right behind her, she prided herself on being swift on her feet and being the packs Scout had only made her more of the endurance runner. Quickly she swerved past trees and jumped over misplaced rocks hoping to keep him far from her tail as possible--she needed to see just how badly he did in fact want her and keeping up with her would be a test of his patience.
(This post was last modified: Feb 15, 2015, 04:49 AM by Bastet.)