(See All?) Announcements
1,030 Users Online
Bing, Google, Miriam

White Out
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Trix who has 331 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
RE: There is a heavy snowstorm on its way.
Late Morning. Freezing fog.

It hadn't even been a full week yet since Jynx had become a proud member of Cut Rock River. And already, she was one busy little worker, resting during the day only for a quick snack or to give her muscles a break. As a fairly active young wolf, there was plenty that sparked her excitement or her natural curiosity to go investigating. But this was not the cause for all the hustle and bustle on her part lately. Instead, it was the weather. For several days now, the grand forest of Cedar trees had been cloaked in a billowing, thick layer of freezing fog. There was a sharp bite in the air, the strong gusts of wind only serving to intensify the bitter feeling. Although Fall was not officially over, there was no doubt that Winter was here. Jynx had survived long enough and had enough sense to know what these conditions meant. A massive snowstorm was approaching, likely the first of the season.

As the newest addition to the pack, she had no idea how well prepared the wolves were to endure such conditions. But by her assumptions that this would be the first major snowfall, she was taking no chances. After all, any onlookers who might be watching needed to see that the newly recruited female wasn't taking this shift in the weather lightly. It had been ingrained in her...she was a survivor by nature, not by choice. Having been forced to cope and adapt to harsh conditions in her early days, the russet female was well accustomed to taking all the necessary precautions to lighten the strain on oneself.

Biting wind whipped through her fur, stung at her face, while small chunks of ice flew by, clinging to her thick coat. Yellow colored eyes were mere slits as she squinted, straining to see ahead in the soupy fog. She didn't know the territory completely by heart yet, but she at least knew where the main den was, and the location of about half the caches. In her mouth, she clutched a plentiful assortment of soft pine needles, fallen from the Cedar trees and tufts of fur she had saved from leftover kills. This she planned to use as a soft, warm lining in the den. Not so much for the adults, but for the pups in the pack, who she had yet to encounter. This would be their first winter, and as wolves never having faced such a season before, she wanted to make sure they would be as comfortable as possible. But in her return trip, she had somehow gotten turned around. The den was nowhere in sight, and the disorienting fog was proving to be quite the hindrance. Yet, she would not give up so easily.
Played by Rachel who has 462 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Kisla had endured much the last winter – they all had. Bitter encounters with neighboring packs ah delft Cut Rock River as perhaps one of the more unpopular packs on the western side of the mountain, though they placed little emphasis on this – the forest was their haven, and as long as it was respected by outsiders, she would not seek to make waves. Little did she know their neighbors just southward did not live by the same belief.

The forest was not a protector today though. The bitter fog was damp and frozen all at once, stinging the regal’s eyes and freezing the tips of her fur. A low chuff escaped her lips as she made to move back to the family den, hoping her children were not out in this extreme weather — though knowing they likely were, as their eager ad growing paws anxiously awaited exploration of the world.

Blinking as a sweep of wind stirred past, her bright green eyes fell upon an unfamiliar form moving perhaps a bit more slower than even herself. She did not recognize the woman, and so she instantly put the newer scent of the female to the face that was now presented to her. Coming up closer, Kisla made to touch her nose to the haunch of the she-wolf to gain her attention, a small smile pressing warmly to her creamy muzzle as she gave a small nod. “You must be the new scent within our ranks,” she offered, her eyes studying the female. Lachesis would have accepted her for a reason, and she trusted the ivory male perhaps above all others in the pack spare for her mate.

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
Squinting her eyes against the biting wind, she grumbled softly in her throat. The weather was being most uncooperative, and if it weren't for the freezing fog, she might not have gotten lost within her own territory. She couldn't stay out in this forever. Little did the hard working girl know though, that she had been noticed by the Queen herself. Kisla's gentle touch to her hindquarter caused the young female to flinch, startled. She whirled around to see who it was that was there, and once her eyes landed on the tawny woman's form, did she know who she was. Now, Jynx was a wolf who was unaccustomed to living within the social structure of a pack, but she certainly knew the basics. What she didn't know, was what her new Leaders would expect of her. Could they be lenient and carefree? Or possibly domineering and strict? Either way, she was taking no chances. Opting to play it safe in order to try and make a decent first impression, she dropped to the ground submissively, well below that of Kisla's form.

Although her words were kind, paired with the smile she offered, Jynx's typical shy demeanor remained firmly in place for the time being. Gently, she set down the bedding for the den she had been carrying. "Y-yes...that would be me. Jynx Dirol, at your service, miss." Okay, perhaps that was a bit formal, but she wanted to prove herself as an honest, hard working individual. With a glance around, she seemed to realize her situation. "Oh...well this is somewhat embarrassing. You see, I seemed to have lost my way back to the main den in such disorienting weather. I thought everyone else...especially the children, would appreciate a little bit of extra warmth from the cold." She explained, referring to the bedding materials she had gathered, also while at the same time, doubling to hint at her general concern for all members of the pack. Even those she did not yet know.
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

The newcomer was quick to press herself to the ground – a sight that did note soothe the golden she-wolf in the sense of petting her dominance, but one that did reassure her to remain at Maksim’s side, as she longed to be. The girl was a pretty thing, and always insecure of her mate’s favorable attention to herself, she wondered if, come breeding season, his eyes would stray.

Shifting her weight, she felt a stiffness in her limb – recalling the old injury that had even brought her to the pack she now led. The cold weather would always bring the worst of her old injury to light, and almost as if distracted, she cast her eyes upon the girl once more as she spoke, offering a name.

A small smile touched at her lips, giving a nod to the yearling – one of approval, and that held no threat to push her weight around. Her own form relaxed slightly, and with ears carefully preened forward to take in the girl’s intent, she found her heart warmed. They might not have been a large pack, but the River wolves were indeed tight-knit – something she hoped could be seen easily by any wolf who newly joined their ranks. Kisla Baranski, she offered in ways of greeting, her tail sweeping through the freezing fog, feeling a shiver course her spine.

This weather is strange, she agreed, allowing her green eyes to drift from her new companion to sweep the forest – even it felt different as ice would coat the tree trunks. Come, she beckoned, shifting her weight then to begin to lead the girl to the main den. Let’s hope the others have kept themselves out of the weather.

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
OOC: Sorry for the huge delay!

Once she saw the golden she wolfs body posture relax, did Jynx also allow the tension to flee from her muscles. In one smooth movement, she gathered herself up off the ground. Snow and dried leaves clung to her pelt, but she was hardly concerned with her appearance at the moment. All she was focused on was staying on the good side of Kisla. Instinctively, she kept her body several inches lower than hers, and as indicated by her turned back ears, that she was still a little on edge. As the other gave her name in turn, she smiled faintly. "A pleasure, Kisla..."

Vivid yellow eyes darted to and fro, noting that the conditions of the weather around them weren't improving. She could only hope that the thick layer of icy fog that had settled into the forest would lift soon. "I hope it lets up soon. If not, then we will just have to wait." She said, referring to both herself and all of the other members of the pack. As Kisla beckoned her to follow, the russet yearling obeyed, leaving behind the materials she had gathered. She could start over, finding what she could in close proximity of the main den. At a light, easy trot with a gentle bounce in her step, Jynx stayed just a mere shoulder length behind the older woman. She was thankful for her assistance. Using the opportunity before her, she decided to try for some small talk. "So...do you mind if I ask how long you have been here? Were you present when Cut Rock River was first formed?" She inquired with a tilt of her head, eager to receive some much needed history from one of the packs most important members.
Ophelia-Stock @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Grey clouds roiled above -- the snow would hit them, and it would hit hard. It seemed almost fitting to the question Jynx asked next, and as the two began to weave their way to find a place to seek shelter from the storm, Kisla allowed her mind to drift back to the storm that had stolen her from her family -- that had barricaded her upon the western side of the mountain. No -- I came to stay here during the harsh winter last year, she offered then, her eyes gazing before her as she sought a small nook in which the females could both fit. She found nothing.

My intention was to return to my family on the eastern side of the mountains come the first sign of spring and when the snows thawed -- but I fell in love with Maksim, she spoke once more, her voice quiet. She had met her mate prior to her accident.. when Oak Tree Bend had been newer, and promise had seemed to be just around the corner. Instead, light would find her instead in his embrace, and she had never been able to find her peace with the world until he had instilled it within her. What of you? Why are you not with your birth pack any longer? Her creamy limbs moved forward as she navigated her way to a slope she knew of -- one, where a tree bowed, partially broken upon one side of the steeper incline.. and where they could both likely remain until the worst of the storm was over. It was a nice distraction having Jynx with her then.. otherwise, her silent mind would have been further worrying about the safety of her children.

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
Jynx pushed her way through the snow and fog, eyes narrowing into slits from time to time as the wind lashed at her face. She walked side by side with the older woman, confident that she knew where to go. Kisla likely knew the whole expanse of Cut Rock River even better than she did and despite the weather conditions, this chance to spend some one on one time with her Leader was enjoyable. Russet ears flicked to the sides, taking in what the golden woman had to say. It was by chance, by fate that she had come to this place. It was love with Maksim that tied her here. A small, thin smile formed on her dark lips, vibrant eyes flicking to Kisla's side briefly. "Funny, how fate works like that. Just when you think you are headed straight, the path takes a sudden twist we never would have expected." She spoke partly from experience. Before coming to Relic Lore, Jynx Dirol had never anticipated that she would once become a valuable member of a formidable pack such as Cut Rock River. But a certain dark male had persuaded her otherwise.

"It must be tough...being away from your family..." Was all she could say. Jynx would not make any assumptions without any knowledge of the Tainn's, Kisla's family. She hoped, liked to think that they were proud of her. Like any, loving supportive family should be. The snow underfoot sank into the spaces between her toes, breaching the thick layer of fur, making her feet feel slightly chilled. With a soft grunt to herself, Jynx ignored this. She had endured such conditions before, with how much traveling she had done. All she needed to do was rest for a bit, to give her paws a break. As the pair made their way up a slope, to where a tree stood, with it's thick branches hanging down thanks to a split in the middle, she did not have to consider the question. She was silent a moment, as no one had ever asked her of this before. She began, but paused, overcome by the initial embarrassment of her past."I.." Settling beside one of the fallen branches, taking a seat, she started over. Her eyes turned to the ground, downcast. "I never knew them very well. My mother died of complications not long after I was born, my father had just vanished one Jynx had never known the true fate of her father, how he succumbed to a hunting accident. "It was only by chance, maybe luck that an experienced lone male found me. He adopted me as his own, taught me what he knew...." And so, there it was in a nutshell. How her life had began, a glimpse into her past. A chapter she was happy to have behind her, but did not entirely regret. 
(This post was last modified: Apr 15, 2015, 03:38 PM by Jynx.)
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

The two she-wolves had more in common than Kisla would care to put thought in to, if only because of how sorrowful it was. Her ears would slide back at the mention of Jynx’s father abandoning her – how familiar a tune that was. It was not something she shared out loud though.. instead, she kept the information close to her heart. Indru’s abandonment two times over, where he had stolen her youngest brother in the night, away from her mother. Rihael had disappeared at the same time – whether he had aided the man he had come to look upon as a hero or not was still unclear to them all.

Somehow, as each year passed, the pain ebbed away bit by bit until only a small ache would linger in her chest.

Snow began to fall then. The flurries that cascaded down upon them was only the beginning, and very soon the storm would truly emerge. Kisla snuck in beneath the shield of the tree, settling herself beside her pack mate. Her bright green eyes would cast out upon the oncoming weather, noting the silence of the forest as the snow settled upon it. My mother is dead now, she finally offered, still, after so long, despising having to speak the words. I miss my youngest brothers. And my uncle. My littermates are gone now – our family was once very large in Relic Lore. Now we are quite divided. The Tainn’s had a rich history, but it would seem their wanderlust was taking them further from their home. Not a day went past where she did not wonder how Fenru was doing. Shifting her weight, the leader cast the girl a stolen glance, her wolfish brows lifting. And what skills do you wish to specialize in for this pack? Jynx would soon be old enough to gain a title of sorts – surely, if she desired, her talents could be put to great use.

(This post was last modified: Apr 20, 2015, 11:46 AM by Kisla.)

sparking up my heart

Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
With the snow beginning to fall more steadily as the storm approached, Jynx looked forward to the fresh coating of chilly white powder that would soon line the ground. Sitting there side by side with her well respected Leader, watching the snow come down in the eerie yet peaceful silence of the forest was a moment that she found rather soothing upon her spirit. It was a shared moment of personal truths, of trust which would hopefully give way to a stronger bond, over time. Should Kisla ever desire, she would always be welcomed to share any of her feelings regarding her past, and the way in which her father abandoned her. For Jynx, her only true parental figure had been her revered mentor. He had been a brave, yet honorable wolf, with a vast wealth of knowledge. It had pained her to leave him, and she could only hope that the aging male was still alive and well out there somewhere.

Kisla spoke then, mentioning her mothers passing. Russet ears folded back, ivory brows furrowing as she took in the rest...of how her siblings had vanished. She was silent for a moment, but then spoke, choosing her words delicately. "...That's...most unfortunate. I'm sorry it worked out that way..." Quickly, much to her relief, the tawny Alphess changed subjects, to a more professional matter. She felt the tension that had been building up in her sides release, her thoughts growing deeper as she concentrated on Kisla's question. Bright yellow eyes drifted over the pristine white landscape before the two wolves, where the tracks of animals, both predator and prey, would soon be invisible again. "Well...." She began, her light voice thoughtful. "I like to be resourceful....active. Hunting has always been a favorite activity of mine, but due to my upbringing, I have to refine my skills on taking down larger prey..." Yes...the role of a hunter would fit her nicely. The pack had enough scouts and healers. And Jynx wasn't cut out for guarding, even with her surprising temper. She stole a tentative glance over to Kisla as an idea bubbled in her head. "...If it is alright with you, I would like to try and prove myself by leading the next pack hunt..." It was a bold move on her part for sure. She might've been a little overly ambitious with such a proposal, but at the very least, it showed she was willing to take risks with the chance they could pay off.
(This post was last modified: Jun 04, 2015, 01:11 AM by Borden.)
Inactive Deceased
Kisla Baranski

Jynx made her wishes known – hunter. There was merit to every role a wolf desired to partake in and offer their pack, but none yet had sought such a role within their ranks, and Kisla was pleased that the tawny girl was eager to take on the position. The snow continued to billow outside – sweeping across their forest with a fierceness that would not compare to the rainstorms in the summer.

“Seek out the prey. Figure out their migration patterns. Prove you truly deserve this role,” she mused quietly, knowing her voice would be heard despite the loud weather that happened just outside of their small, safe haven. “You may lead our next hunt,” she agreed then, her muzzle shifting to bump gently in to the girl’s own in comradery. Jynx was a quiet girl, but despite such, she had offered much to the pack.

Kisla fell to silence then – her eyes remained upon the shadows that danced outside between the snow fall and drifts. She did not desire to discuss her mother’s death, or the slow disappearance of her family. For now, she reveled in what had become of her life – a strong and loyal mate, and a pack that felt far more close to her than she had in Oak Tree Bend. She missed her brothers and uncle, but she knew happiness did not await her there. She wished only to surround herself with the cedars and her children – with the family that had become Cut Rock River. The two would wait out the storm, and once cleared, Kisla would be quick to reach home and ensure her children had not come to harm from nature’s icy wrath.

(This post was last modified: Jun 18, 2015, 01:44 PM by Kisla.)

sparking up my heart