(See All?) Announcements
690 Users Online
Google, Bing

Fallen Tree Cove Pack Thread
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf33 who has 378 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Tagg Eastfall
Tagg still did not feel amazing, but he was getting better. He could not get up and walk around a little, though he mainly just took himself to the lake for a drink and back. He spent a lot of his time close to the medicine stash.

Today, though, he decided to go a little further and rest at the pack den for a bit. He hasn't socialized in a while, and he felt like he'd been gone for ages. It was staring to get colder already, and since Nash was still missing he needed to gather his strength to look for his son. Maybe spending time around the others would be helpful .
[Image: magg_sig_by_becuffin-daxiy8t.png]
[Image: 100ksig_by_a_yellow_bird-db3e1g4.png]
l
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

The weather was colder now which meant that they would have to pay more attention to the caches. The dark alpha wanted to make sure that they were full at all times just in case they had days they couldn't hunt. There was one more thing that he felt needed to be taken care of.

That was making sure there was a good supply of clean fresh bedding in the main den so that everyone had a warm, dry pool place to retreat to on the really bad days. So having finished up his rounds of the caches th as t was wh and t he set out to do next.

The first thing was to assess what needed to come out. He began by inspecting and throwing out the old creating a pile just outside the den.

[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Played by becca who has 229 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

She approached the main den with ease. Where her scent might have once been absent around it, it was becoming bold and strong in her lead. But it never seemed to drowned out the scent of her partner. Could she still call him that? They had been distant lately while she brewed on what to do to better the pack. Granted such a task wasn't easy when she faced him. She understood that his loyalties laid here and she would not harass him over such. She just simply wanted to share the bigger picture, perhaps help him understand.

At least that had been her intention until she spotted him already in a task. Kajika? She called out with a quirked brow on the good side of her features. Had it not been for the smile on her face one could have assumed she was worried.

have you checked out my player preferences?
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Cleaning out the den of all of it's old bedding seemed like it would take the better part of the day. Kajika didn't mind if it kept his subordinates and the pups warm throughout winter. He took extra care to make sure all of the old bedding materials were removed. His plan was to clean it out before finding the new things he would use for the bedding.

His task was put on hold as he heard his name while pushing a pile of dead leaves and fur from the den. Looking around once he was outside Kajika found Birtie had arrived. “Birtie, what have you been up t?" he greeted her before stepping away from the pile of leaves and going to brush his muzzle against her's. “Did you need something?”

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

She returned the contact, buried her fur in this nape and breathed in his scent. Comfort. Nothing was out of place either. It soothed part of her mind to know she had not totally failed. Kajika was still alright and that counted for something. Just wanted to check on you. She admitted with a nonchalant shrug of her shoulders. His task seemed futile but she didn't comment on it. It was a bit too late for that anyway as he had already shifted everything out of the den.

What exactly are you doing? She asked with a thoughtful hum tacked onto the end of her question. Her good eye roamed over the mess he had made and a smirk tugged on her lips.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Only a sliver of worry entered his mind as she furthered the contact between them by burying her face in his fur. We welcomed the action and couldn't help but think how far they'd come since their first meeting. His brow furrowed when she spoke of wanting to check on him, “You don't have to worry about me, everything is as it should be.” At least he believed it to be so, “Are you alright?” he asked thinking it might be a good idea to check on her. “How is your new position treating you?” That was important to know in case she was having trouble adjusting.

He looked back at the pile of leaves and fur that had shoved out of the den moments ago when she asked what he was doing. “Just a little cleaning and preparation for the coming months so we don't have to think about it later,” he explained turning back to her.

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

I'm fine. Her head even offered a soft nod as if that might make the statement even more truthful. There's...not much to do. No visitors, not even a hungry loner trying to trespass. Hell, even the fauna seems to have slipped into a lull already. It was disheartening and she had no problem letting it show in her tone. I worry sometimes but I suppose that comes with the job, hmm? The Parlow teased before aiming to land a nip on his cheek.

Ah, so he was doing exactly what it looked like doing. Check the birthing dens for anything leftover. There might be furs that aren't in use anymore. It wasn't the right season to be using them and she doubted they would be useful come next spring if they even survived through the winter. Our personal den might have something worth loaning to the common area. She mused out loud before she tossed a thoughtful gaze towards him.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika was a bit skeptical when she said she was fine. How often he'd said those same words in the past when he was most certainly not fine. He waited to see if she would offer up more and she did causing a brief smile to cross his features. “It does get rather quiet in the cove around this time of year,” he admitted, “Don't get discouraged though something usually comes up.” He was reminded of the past winters and the things that had happened during them. Another smile found its way onto his face when she mentioned worrying being part of the territory. “It does, tell me what you’re worried about and maybe we can do something about it.” Since she was now leading beside him they would have to work together in these matters.

After he told her what he had been doing she offered some suggestions for things that could make the main den more comfortable through the winter. “That's a good idea. I will check and see what I can find in both places. We'll probably get new furs in the spring so the old ones would be good for this.” He would of course need to consult Moonshadow about any furs in her birthing den but he felt she might be agreeable. He needed to speak with her anyway.

Inactive No Rank
Birtie Parlow-Tallis

Now would be the perfect time to slide in how she felt, what she wanted to do. Yet she felt that perhaps they should go a bit away from the common area for that. She did not wish to consult him and have some over-eager subordinate slam in with their idea. The Parlow wanted it to be a leadership matter before it became a general public matter. She motioned softly with her muzzle. Walk with me? I like when we can have our alone time to chat. She spoke with a slightly mischevious twinkle in her eye.

Her head nodded with ease, she could trust his skill in making sure the den was all set. It was not a hard task and they could always send a subordinate to do it should they find themselves occupied with other matters.

Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Since Birtie had become leader they really hadn't had a chance to talk about the pack and its future. She had told him some things already but that had been before. Now was a good time to see where her thoughts were and what could be done about the ideas she had.

He nodded when she asked him to walk with her, “Of course. This can wait until later.” He didn't think the main den was the place to speaking of pack related things anyway. While he appreciated the others thoughts on matters there were things that needed to be discussed between the leaders before bringing them to the pack. “Let's walk this way,” he said leading her off away from the main den before they continued their coversation.

Kajika and Birtie's exit

permission to pp Birtie given
« Next Oldest | Next Newest »