Google, Bing, Torianna

Holding Down the Laughter — Silent Moon Plateau 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 91 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Heigen Colette
For @Phineas Blowing snow — 16° F/-9° C

Heigen Colette

It was cold. That much the Colette male was aware of. Of course he guessed it could also be worse. It could be like the freak blizzard that happened not too long ago. Although it was still snowy, perhaps what was left over from the storm. It wasn't cold enough to keep him from doing his job though. He had taken a quick look to make sure all the children, especially Celandine, were safe before heading out to the borders.

After a few rounds of doing border patrol he decided to relax down by the creek that ran nearby. It was all frozen over. Some fish stuck underneath the ice. He had mercy on those like the fish who couldn't escape the wrath of winter. At least his kind could protect themselves with dens and thick winter coats. They also didn't live underwater like the fish and had no real threat of being frozen underneath the water and ice.

Tapping the ice lightly he couldn't exactly tell how thick the ice was. Not wanting to risk getting cold paws or breaking the ice he found a decent size log from a fallen tree to lay on. The large man let his head rest against his paws as he looked out into the distances. The snow covering everything like a light fluffy blanket. It was hard to think how something so beautiful could be so deadly. Heigen had heard his fair share of stories about the winter. Some rather dazzling and others more dark and gruesome. Just the thought of the stories made a shiver run down his spine. Perhaps he ought to not think about such things. Best to keep his head full of lighter thoughts.

"Speech."
We made this river a wall
Played by Rachel who has 473 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris

The snow had finally come -- he had known it would, but when the first blizzard occurred, a sensation of panic had gripped the regal male, and he had huddled his children to the safety of the den, desperate to wait it out. Kyros' death was still a raw wound upon his heart -- the lifeless body he had carried down the red mountains to lay in rest at Magnolia Glen.. now abandoned. A cringe surpassed him -- he had left his little boy behind.. now one with the earth. Somehow, after burying his first born son, he was still able to breath as each day passed.

No parent should ever have to bury their child.

While the blizzard had eventually tapered off, Phineas was relieved when no other had come back once more. Last winter, there would be multiple as the weeks passed -- the days would bleed in to one another as a world of white and confusion and starvation. He prayed that this year would be different, for a wolf with arctic heritage such as himself should not have feared the snow so much.

The day today found him moving along the creek edge -- it was smaller than cold water creek, and yet it reminded him of their old home. Come spring, he knew it would bring the Plateau to life with gurgling waters.. but for now, it slept, much like the rest of the world when winter fell upon it.

His eyes fell upon another he did not recognize by sight, though the scent had certainly caught his attention. Aesire had proven a capable partner, and the pack had even grown with her accepting a member. Uttering a low bark to gain the attention of the other, the ivory male displayed his dominance without question -- waiting to see if it would be challenged by the new testosterone of his ranks. Offering a nod as he closed the gap between himself and the stranger, his orange eyes fell upon the other's cheek. So you're the new scent I've come upon within my pack, he murmured, waiting to see what reaction awaited him.

Inactive Deceased
Heigen Colette
@Phineas
Heigen Colette

A low voiced bark had gained his attention rather quickly. Moving himself from the log he took in the stance of the other male and quickly shot down his own stance. Tail low and eyes adverted down to the pale man's paws he nodded softly. "Yes sir, I'm Heigen Colette. Aesire accepted me into the pack not too long ago." He voiced his own testimony quickly as if worried something might go wrong. Hopefully everything would go right though.

"How are you today? May I be to your service today?" He let his eyes flicker up briefly and offered a small smile before letting his eyes retort back to the ground. The large tawny male had never met the alpha male, and he assumed that was his fault, and just wanted to make a good impression on the pale man. "I guess this lad must be were Celandine gets her pale snowy looks from...but her eyes are not from him." Heigen thought to himself. Who was the mother? Where was the mother? Had a tragedy struck this family? Or was one of the females he hadn't met the mother of this generations litter? Keeping all his family tie questions to himself he was mainly focused on looking good and acting respectful.

Heigen's tail flicked lightly behind him as another thoughts slid through his mind. Had Aesire told this man anything about himself? He thought his cousin might do such a thing but he couldn't be sure. With her nature it was always a bit hard to predict what the green eyed female may or may not do.

"Speech."
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
@Heigen

He had certainly expected a reaction from the stranger, but not the one he received -- the red wolf was quick on his paws, lowering himself to an acceptable position.. and then proceeded to offer his absolute services. Taken aback, Phineas remained mid-step, one paw hovering almost comically in the air as he considered the rather drastic introduction. Of course, there would have been the time when the Argyris man would have certainly taken advantage of such a request for his own amusement -- he could send the boy off to do a rather useless errand.. a prank of sorts. But he also wanted to maintain a good impression, and such antics were past him.. at least for the winter.

No, I simply wanted to meet you, he offered then, flashing the wolf before him a hesitant smile that did not quite reach his eyes. Cold and aloof, Phineas' distant tendencies had only doubled since the abandonment of Borlla and his unease with Desdemona living within his lands. He was still contemplating what to do with the ivory she-wolf.. though he quietly hoped she would simply grow bored of her game and slink off to whatever hole she had emerged from.

Phineas Argyris, founder of Silent Moon Plateau. Aesire might have been his partner in terms of rank, but this home had been born of his need for change and his efforts. Even when time passed and he either chose to step down, or another, more youthful male challenged him and won, he would at least hold that title. Are you settling well?

(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2015, 02:45 AM by Phineas.)

Inactive Deceased
Heigen Colette
Heigen Colette

"Oh okay," He paused a bit surprised he wasn't given any orders of sort. "Well if there is anything you ever need done I will gladly do it." His head did a movement that was an awkward combination of a nod and a dipping motion. It might have looked like he was fighting to keep his head on his shoulders had he not regained it to it being back in a neutral still standing motion.

The regal male spoke his name. @Phineas Argyris. "My pleasure to meet you, Phineas." Another smile flickered across his face before fading. His ears would flicker for a moment to catch every word that would fall from his leader's lips. "Yes very well. I have met one of your children, Miss Celandine. She's seem to take a liking to my company. I hope you are okay with that?" He hesitated to say another word until something else slipped into his mind. "I have past experiences raising up children as a tutor, hopefully I can teach your daughter a few things before she grows into a more rebellious status of a yearling." The Colette man chuckled softly at his own words. Hopefully the Argyris male would approve of his interactions with the younger ones and allow him to keep interacting with the pale princess and possibly the other children.

So far everything seemed well. Maybe too well. Or perhaps the tawny male was just paranoid. He was never one for first impressions when it came to superiors.

"Speech."
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
@Heigen

The russet wolf was certainly an eager one to please, and while it was awkward.. it would certainly prove to be useful when required. Phineas was a wolf of little words, and so he did not return anymore 'niceties' of sorts, instead, he allowed the conversation to flow to the next topic.. his daughter.

Of course, the mention of Celandine's name gained his rapt attention, and his fiery eyes would sweep over the male with a quick assessment of intention. He believed it to be nothing but pure, and the Argyris patriarch allowed a small smile to pull upon his lips once more. It was good to know at least one of his children were not keeping too themselves after the changes that had interrupted their life so swiftly. The more positive influence the better, he murmured with his own consent, taking the opportunity then to settle his haunches to the winter kissed ground.

Her mother left them at a more tender age, so it's good to hear she is socializing with the other members of the pack that aren't as familiar, he finally offered as insight, knowing the story of Borlla would eventually seep out somehow. It might as well at least by his word over any gossip that could potentially form -- though he did not believe the few that did know would place anything but the truth of the tale upon it. Ace and Hypatia and the pups were all that remained of a Magnolia Glen that had Borlla at its helm -- day by day, the hold she had on them all seemed to fade a bit more.

(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2015, 03:02 AM by Phineas.)

Inactive Deceased
Heigen Colette
Heigen Colette

Hearing that the children's mother left them at a younger age made his heart break a little. He knew the feeling of abandonment. Just like when Aesire left, although they had been reunited. Likely it wouldn't be like that with the children and their mother. "That is truly a shame to hear that. I am sorry..." His head dipped a bit lower in an apologetic way. "Let's not linger on such heavy topics though. Let's move to the lighter side of things." He lifted his head a bit and smiled at the ivory coated male.

"If you don't mind sir, I would like to talk about my role within Silent Moon Plateau." His brown eyes were soft as he watched the sitting regal male. Hopefully talking about his role, or future role, within Silent Moon Plateau would give him and the pale coated male more time to interact and talk. Perhaps this would let them have a chance to get to know each other better. While the Colette man already know what he wanted in life he was rather open and willing to hear what @Phineas would have to say about his choices.

His tail wagged softly behind him as his smile faded into something more soft and relaxing than a giant tense grin. Allowing himself to also sit down the tawny male looked around briefly to see if anyone else was around them at the moment. Not only was he wanting to talk about roles, but he was always wanting to talk about ranks. The last thing he wanted was some other member eavesdropping on him and Phineas.

"Speech."
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
@Heigen

His privacy was important to him, and he appreciated more than anything when the other man accepted the small tidbit of insight, and rather than attempt to delve further or dig deeper, allowed the subject to drift elsewhere. To understand what had happened to Celandine and her siblings was certainly something to note -- but to freshen healing wounds would do no good for any of the family.

Allowing his gaze to drift to the frozen waters, the Argyris' ear twitched at te next statement in silent acknowledgement that his attention was still upon the newer Plateau wolf, even if his eyes might not have been. And what role is that? Phineas has never been one to offer roles so freely -- they had to be earned amongst his ranks, especially given that he felt it important that each member contribute to anything and everything. He was uncertain of how Aesire felt on the matter, but it worried him little. They would soon hit a stride of their own in time, of this he was sure.

Only a few wolves had maintained their loyalty to the Argyris pack to gain a title -- Zia having been one f them. He had heard nothing of the silver female's whereabouts, and after her boastful display of ego and dominance, he found himself questioning it less with each passing day. He had cared for the female greatly.. but it occurred to him that perhaps she was not who he had thought her to be, and in the end, it might have been best they had parted ways.

(This post was last modified: Jan 03, 2015, 03:49 AM by Phineas.)

Inactive Deceased
Heigen Colette
Heigen Colette

The topic of the missing mother was easily avoided and so they moved on to what the tawny Colette man had brought up. "Well I would like to work towards a teacher," He paused slightly in between his words. "More specifically a Disciplinarian. Which means I would more than likely have to move up in the ranks so I could show my acts of discipline more accordingly. I would like your blessing on going towards this role and moving up the ranks." Like a shy child his eyes shot back down to the ground. This time looking at his own cold paws.

Biting his tongue he kept his mouth and words to a closed end until his superior male would speak his own words. Heigen was praying for the pale coated male to agree and bless off on his wished but he wasn't sure. The Argyris man was so stoic it was hard to understand how the other was feeling towards Heigen. The tawny lad wanted to say that @Phineas was pleased with him so hard, but what did he know? Perhaps this was all a test. It wouldn't surprise Heigen. In fact Gen probably should have seen this from the start. Having not met Phineas before and Phineas not being able to know how truthful and reliable the Colette was, a test only seemed acceptable.

With a quick movement of his tail it would lay across his paws slightly. The cold really starting to nip on his toes. Luckily it wasn't anything too bad. Just an annoying little sting.

"Speech."
Inactive Deceased
Phineas Argyris
@Heigen

The man had expressed his desire earlier about teaching, and so when he reminded the older leader of this gently, the Argyris could barely contain a small smirk at his own forgetfulness. While six years was still in an age of prime, he was certainly nearing the end of it. The day that came, he was uncertain how he would react - would he simply hand his crown down to the next in line, or would he wait for another to challenge his aging bones?

It would seem Heigen's plan was very much set in a very specific course -- he wanted a specialty within his rank, and if he proved himself enough, it would be easy to obtain. The males within the Plateau were few, and Tannis' presence was more of a silent shadow than a force to be reckoned with. I do not give roles if I believe they are not deserved, he finally offered, his gaze drifting back to study his more youthful companion. I also do not withhold and deny those that have earned them. If you prove to me you are capable of teaching my children, and the Plateau's future children, the title will be granted. From there, we can discuss a Disciplinarian. There was a small pause as he rolled his shoulders back, feeling the ache of his fatigued muscles when doing so. I also don't hold my members back from climbing the ranks -- Plateau wolves sort out their own hierarchy -- if you wish to move up, I believe that's something you need to take up with the more elusive Tannis.