(See All?) Announcements
560 Users Online
Bing, Google, Enera

What is this new place. (Open)
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Juliet The Ghost who has 4 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Crystal Frost
Crystal shook her head and huffed gently as she padded through the dense under brush. Her dark rust colored fur stood out against the stark white background of the snow. She had finally made it after two years of traveling she had found the land she had always heard stories about. She looked around and let her tongue hang out of her mouth as her long strides ate up the ground. Even at three years old Crystal was tall, long, and lean for a wolf of her breeding. She scanned the area around her with bright mischievous eyes that seemed to take in every little detail as she paused to sniff at some tracks in the snow. She snorted and shook her head when the cold ice crystals filled her nose. She lifted her head and howled a long mournful howl, waiting to see if anyone answered before moving on her way.
She moved with a long graceful gait that made her look as if she were moving in slow motion. Her long bodice gave her a beautiful exotic look but the truth was she just didn’t eat as much as most wolves she liked her body how it was and she knew it defiantly turned some heads when she pasted by, or at least that’s what she told herself anyways. She laughed gently as she floated through the tall thick trees with easy strides that made no noise on the soft white snow. She looked around it was a little cold but she liked the cold always had if she remembered correctly. She loved how the snow made it hard for other to hear her. She liked hunting in the snow as well pray animals always tended to tromp through the stuff and make so much noise rather than just walk through it. Though the snow was not deep today it hadn’t snowed in a few days but the soft flakes had just began to fall in elegant swirls towards the ground where they disappeared among the many others.
She laughed gently stopped her walking to spin in a circle under the downfall of the icy sparkles. She jumped around in the snow and decided to lie down and roll covering her fur in white powder. She laughed and rubbed her head on the ground covering one side of her face in the cold snow. She giggled and knew if another wolf were to come along and see her at that moment they would probably think her crazy for playing in the frozen water. She stood and shook some of the crystals from her coat before sitting to take time to groom her long legs and big paws. She looked around wondering where all of the other wolves where. She had heard so much about the wolves of this land and here she was sitting her and she had yet to see another wolf all day long.
(This post was last modified: Feb 02, 2015, 12:28 AM by Crystal.)
Played by Grey who has 444 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall
He had left in the night with a bout of restlessness in his limbs and instead of opting to traverse the depths of Cedarwood Forest, he deviated from his typical path and wandered further east than he had originally intended. Past Jasper Rocks and over the banks and streams of Heartleaf Creek, he ran until it felt as though fire burned in every fiber of his being. Only when he had cleared his mind enough to think back on the things he had promised the wolves of Cut Rock River did he slow down to catch his breath. Even if he had nothing and no one to presently hold him down, he still managed to think back to the places he had left - Renegades Reach, Whisper Caverns, Grizzly Hollow, Cut Rock River.

Rook thought back to that day when he had first met Kisla, remembered the things he had promised her and what he would do in exchange for shelter and a place to stay. He couldn't, he would never, he was not abandoning them. He just needed some time to think and to go somewhere where he didn't feel like he had a watcher following his every move or weights piled up on his shoulders.

Once his heart had returned to a somewhat normal rhythm, he began to walk again, only to stop at the sound of laughter nearby. His ears perked forward and immediately he was drawn to the chime-like sound. The creature he came upon was a strikingly-patterned woman, whose coat was made up of shades of auburn. His mind referred to the memory of Kiche, his family's closest friend, but thought nothing else beyond it. His interest piqued as he watched her shake and smooth out her coat.

"Hello?" he greeted her, not allowing his bashfulness to get the best of him. "What's... so funny?"

Chances are I have a BEN WHISHAW gif for that.
Inactive No Rank
Crystal Frost
Crystal pricked her harks forward and smiled at the stranger that was approaching. She titled her head as she listened to his lyrics that were drifting towards her. She smiled and said "Nothing has to be particularly funny in order to laugh one can just simply laugh because they are happy and feel good which is my reason for laughter." She beamed at him and said "My name is Crystal Frost what's your name." She stepped towards him and watching him with bright captivating eyes. She looked around at the snow falling and realised that this male in front of her was the first wolf she had seen in days. She noted how young the male in front of her looked and wandered if he was just a puppy or if he was really that small. She tilted her head to catch his lyrics but the movement of a near by rabbit caught her attention as she looked towards it and glanced back at him. She bounded towards the rabbit but it took off escaping her jaws as she landed in a deep pile of snow and sunk down into it almost disappearing. She laughed as she bounced back out of it and shook snow everywhere. She turned towards the stranger and barked at him lightly as she crouched down on her front legs asking to play. She could tell he was shy but she wanted to make friends and thought maybe play would be the best way for that to happen. She titled her head at him and said "Do you wana play with me?" She giggled again and flicked her fluffy tail back and forth.
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall
ROOK LYALL
drowned & dreamt this moment

"Nothing has to be particularly funny in order to laugh," she retorted. Rook's ears drew back for a few seconds before coming back up again to their normal positions - forward, inquisitive, and unmistakably interested in all she had to say. "One can just simply laugh because they are happy and feel good which is my reason for laughter." His black-tipped tail gave a wag. Fair enough. As she offered him her name, he couldn't help but to widely smile now, all of his worries falling away to the back of his mind by the ease of her kindliness and obviously easy-going spirit.

"I'm Rook." At first it seemed she had genuinely been taken with him but within a few seconds, something else had caught her eye. His bi-colored gaze followed after her, looking to where he had thought to have seen something that didn't particularly blend in with the base of an nearby tree. She was quick; where he could be barely bothered to give so much as a jolt at the invitation of the spirit of the hunt, she went bounding off. The long-eared eavesdropper, however, was lucky to have been just a little bit faster. It had Crystal nosedive into a rather tall pile of snow, though, and when she reemerged, she leapt out of it and gave her copper-shaded coat a shake.

The masked boy, had he not been so close to the cusp of adulthood, might have taken her up on her offer to play when she arched down into a bow. Like a banner in a gust of wind, her tail waved about in the air, "Do you wanna play with me?"

The Lyall's grin had given way to a trace of a down-turned grimace. His mouth twitched in attempt to recover himself and the whole lightheartedness of their meeting. Instead of a mirrored response, what came from him was an admission, a proclamation that grounded him back in the present, "I'd love to, but I'm in the middle of something." He inhaled deeply, holding the breath of chilled winter air for a while before sighing, "I've come quite a way from home and I was looking for... well... help."

For a few moments he studied the way she was looking at him, taking the time to also size her up and look her over. By the look and scent of her, she was a little older - still considered a 'young woman,' perhaps, but she definitely reminded him of Namid, another friend he had left behind - perhaps around the same age of his eldest sisters, Trisden and Arlette. His own head tilted in a fanciful flight of ideas; and, he supposed it couldn't hurt to just ask, even if it was still just past the middle of winter, "By chance, would you happen to know anything about plants?"

Inactive No Rank
Crystal Frost
Crystal frowned at his rejection of her invitation to play but her ears once again pricked forward at his mention of needing help. She tilted her head to the side and said, "What kind of help?" But before the words were out of her month he asked about plants. She raised her brow and said, "Sorry I don't know anything about plants." She sniffed the air and stood looking around for the smell that had caught her attention. Being three years old she was still easily distracted and the scent of food drifted on the breeze towards them. She looked at him and wagged her tail before following her nose a short ways to find a moose carcass that had been left behind. She smiled in triumph and giggled as she looked around to make sure who ever had killed it was no where to be found. She looked back at Rook and said, "I found something to eat." She sniffed of the moose and glanced back at him feeling rude as she sat down on her haunches and tried to give him her full attention. She wiggled again excitedly and said, "Why do you need to know about plants Rook?" She tilted her head to the side again curiously as she watched him with her wide amber eyes. She twitched her ears unable to keep still in order keep her attention to him. She studied him for a moment noticing that he was younger than her by a few years and might even weigh a little less. She stood and shifted her weight as she said "So why are you out here alone?"
(This post was last modified: Feb 22, 2015, 08:53 PM by Crystal.)
Inactive No Rank
Rook Lyall
ROOK LYALL
drowned & dreamt this moment

She apologized, stating that she didn't know anything about plants. When she turned her head, sampling the air with a few breaths, Rook did, too, but kept quiet. His stomach lurched as though it had just pinched itself in a hunger pang when he really didn't feel hungry at all. Their eyes met again and when she announced that she had found something, it was then that he saw it - a decent-sized, frozen moose carcass that had been abandoned in the snow.

He had expected her to move towards it, but instead she wriggled in front of him (from excitement and all-around lightheartedness, he assumed), wanting him to go on and explain himself further. "Why do you need to know about plants Rook?" For sometime he merely grit his teeth together, really hoping this conversation would go somewhere and that he wouldn't have to resort to shying away or pleading for her aid. "So why are you out here alone?" she then asked when he hadn't given her an answer.

"Well," he did his best not to wince, forcing a somewhat gladdened smile on his face to show that he was appreciative for her curiosity and interest. "See, Spring will be here soon, and I have use for some herbs or anything medicinal." His muzzle turned down and away as his ears briefly folded back in discomfort. He wasn't sure if he ought to just tell her...

"It's for someone I know," he lent. "Someone I hold very dear to me." A sigh left his lips and his admission followed, "I just needed some space to think. I, uh, I came from somewhere to the west. I'm staying with a pack there and I was hoping maybe I could bring back something back for them, since, well... I can't obviously bring them plants right now."

His brow furrowed as he looked down to the ground and when he lifted his gaze again, to see her still there before him, the corner of his mouth twitched upward in a short-lived smile. "You're welcome to eat," he told her, pointing with his nose towards the corpse. "I don't mind at all. Don't think any coyotes would bother to come back with the two of us around anyway."