(See All?) Announcements
467 Users Online
Bing, Google

Sway to the Tune — Whisper Caverns 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by TABs who has 320 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
RE- A large herd of elk are traveling through Whisper Caverns territory- dated 3/5/2015
@Nios <-not sure if he's back from his adventures yet? @Borden <-Maybe if he's bored and looking for Rook.

Taking old familiar trails through the frosted hills of hush meadow, the dark Thorben lopes towards his family's home territory. His attention and concentration was supposed to be on wolf scents, whether they be pack, lone, or even cavern wolf smells. However, the many crisscrossing fresh scents of elk perfumed the landscape making the youths stomach rumble. He knew better than to hunt elk alone though. It wasn't worth the risk of injury or death.

Titan's blue eyes scoured the thinly forested section of land that separated hush meadow from whisper marsh. The trees that made up the sparse woods were a mix of willow, cedar, maple, aspen, and birch; most of whom had dropped their pretty leaves during the fall. Still, the spaciousness of the trees did not settle well with the dark wolf who was used to enclosed spaces such as earthen tunnels or thick forests. What relieved his nervousness of wide open spaces was the knowledge that the caverns were situated within that small scrap of trees. It wouldn't be long until he hit the borders and could check on his friends and family. Specifically Danica, @Yuka, and Narime were the wolves Titan most wanted to see.

More elk scent veered the wolf off course as he spotted the herd at the edge of the trees. He was right on top of the packs border now, and to see the herd without any wolves bothering it unsettled Titan. He wondered what his mother, the hunter, was doing at this most opportune moment. Pausing at the border unsure of whether he was allowed to keep on going right over it, Titan then sniffed at the various wolf smells. Two older female scents (his mothers included) were apparent right off the bat. Though one scent was far less noticable than Nari's. Titan had no clue that the other womans smell was Rook's mother Jaysyek's scent. He had expected to smell Rory and Athena but was relatively surprised to find no trace of their odors along the borders.

Then there were the many male scents that Titan recognized. He knew all of these scents, for they were with the pack before he left. Though Kassander's scent too was oddly missing. Still, Titan was glad that Ash was still around despite his previous awkwardness with the Hervok man. Nios's stale scent as well as the more fresh smell of his brother Yuka were comforting to the dark wolf. As he loped along the border he even found a stale smell of Borden which confirmed to him that the elder Lyall was still with his mother. Maybe I can finally try treating him on my own. Titan wondered for a moment before he realized something.

Danica's scent was not there. Hell, there wasn't even a stale smell of her around. Unnerved by Dani's lack of presence along the borders, Titan then tipped up his head to gaze into the territory. Wanting to make sure that his woodlands princess was alright, Titan strode across the border confidently. His mother told him that he was allowed back anytime. So Titan did not stop to think of whether the rest of the pack would be okay with a wolf trespassing who still held strong Willow Ridge scent on him. What he did do correctly was raise his head to howl a greeting to wolves nearby. "Hello family! friends! I'm back!"  the message of the howl was friendly and inviting as Titan made his way deeper into Whisper Caverns territory in search of Danica. In truth, he rather hoped that she would answer his call along with the rest of his family.

Played by Rachel who has 119 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Nios Tainn

The elk were not missed by the male – he had only returned back to the Caverns the evening prior, and had taken to exhaustion and disappointment at a single tree in the clearing. Whisper Caverns was a small group, and given he rarely saw any of its members, he doubted a hunt could be successful – but that did not mean if another struck out with the intent to fell one for a pack feast that he would not aide them.

Instead, though, his interest was captured by a resounding howl – one that was not familiar to him at all. Swiftly, the stocky male lifted himself, his swarthy limbs carrying himself to the direction of the caller – and feeling his own fierce protection of the pack rise within him at the sight of a nearly unfamiliar wolf traipsing over their borders.

A bellowing snarl escaped the wolf as he quickened his pace – the stocky guardian moved to close the distance between the two, his teeth bared at the wolf who he knew he had seen before, but could not quite place him.. nor did he particularly care, given the scent that emanated from the wolf was not one of the Caverns.

He did not speak – his gaze spoke it all. The Tainn male lifted himself in a display of aggressive dominance, flagging his tail higher than the wolf who did not belong here. He would give the intruder only a few spare moments to cross back over the line before he would punish him with the only law he understood – the one of tooth and claw.

Little did he know that he was potentially picking a fight and chasing away his leader’s son.

'cause its home, but it's gone

Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
break the cycle, break the chains,
borden lyall
...love is louder than all of your pain.

Borden's hearing was starting to go. The softest whisper in the wind, the flutter of a bird's wing, the light trickle of a nearby stream - he could not hear any of it anymore. The songbirds twittered and chirped somewhere above the caverns entrance, but he didn't manage to hear them until something louder and more familiar rang through the air. Their panicked cries alerted him first and with something of a staggered step, he managed to heave himself up onto all fours. Perhaps Rook had returned.

The thought made his tail come up in an eager wag and as fast as his stiffening limbs would allow, he made his way along the familiar path to the edges of Whisper Caverns territory. Somewhere to his right a group of elk stared as he went, obviously not threatened by the presence of a single male like himself, one that was past the middle mark of his prime. He paid them no mind, too keen on meeting his son for the first time in what seemed like years.

He carried on at a leisurely pace but when he caught the blur of a raised black tail and the hurried sounds of rather determined footfalls, he tried to speed up. The Guard was already on it... Borden panicked and pushed himself further on Nios' trail, arriving onto the scene to see two dark youths before him. One that had possibly once been happy to come calling on the Cavern wolves, and the other, though much older, distressed and displeased that the blue-eyed boy had come by. Rather startled by the lifting of the dark brute's tail, his gaze flit over to where Titan stood.

For several seconds he stared at the Thorben's face, grimacing as he struggled to recall from memory just who this yearling was. He had met him before, he was sure of it, but where or when or how, he couldn't be sure. It was all fuzzy... hidden behind a cloud of memories that could have been dreams instead.

The Lyall grit his teeth together and he dared to slink forward a few steps, a low whimper offered to the two gentlemen. "Kade, stop..." he murmured, his tone more of an appeal rather than an order. "I think... I think I know him."

template base formed by GINNYSAURUS.
Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Titan's call went unanswered by call, but the rapid approach of another wolf assured him that somebody had heard. Hope flared in his chest until the sight of Nios quickly approaching him slowed the Thorben's steps.  He forced himself to a stop quickly seeing the agitated state that the dark wolf was in. A quick sniff told Titan that this was a member of his mothers pack, possibly a guard. The male was achingly familiar, but not the sight of him. No, Titan might have seen him once, but it was Nios scent that was more familiar. It had been one that covered the packs borders near the end of his own stay.

"For the life of me I can't remember your name, but I know I know you somehow..."  Titan offered Nios a bowed head and body while his eyes averted the dark males. Then another more familiar scent rose from the wind. Borden came trotting stiffly onto the scene. Titan could immediately tell that the mans arthritis was giving him plenty of issues right now. What bothered him a bit was the lack of Kassander's scent. If Kass was treating Borden then why didn't he have his scent on him?

His ears angled sideways as Borden spoke to Nios. The name Kade was not a familiar one to Titan, but Borden seemed to know the black wolf's name well enough. Though as Titan spied Borden's fogged gaze looking him over in confusion the dark Thorben suddenly wondered if Kade really was the other black wolf's name or not. Rook had told him that Borden would mix up the names of wolves he knew with those around him.

Not wanting to agitate anyone else Titan quickly glanced towards Kade ready to try and answer other soon to be asked questions. "My name is Titan Thorben, and last that I knew my mother said that I was always welcome back to the pack. I'm sorry to have somehow offended you Kade."  He flicked his tail submissively lower before glancing back at Borden. I wonder if that fungus from the birch tree might have any affect on him? The Thorben thought as his memories of treating Xetor's broken leg with birch bark came back to him. The tree he had scavenged the birch bark from had revealed not only its bark to use as a cast, but some fungus growing on it that smelled very much like a number of herbs that could be found in a medicine den.

Learn from these streets, it can be bleak,
Accept no defeat, surrender retreat...

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
Shallow water has trapped several fish in a small pond. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Nios Tainn

The intruder was not a threat – of that much became obvious to the Tainn as his swarthy companion bowed his figure more submissively – though not as much as Nios thought proper, given the boy’s paws had simply wandered straight over borders. Despite the words of familiarity, Nios’ growl escalated in response, his warning clear – belly up, or leave the lands he had traipsed over as if he had owned them.

His figure tensed – his shoulders taut as he was ready to spring when an older wolf swept forward. The male was clearly delirious – being referenced to as ‘Kade,’ Nios blinked, uncertain how to react. His stocky form remained tense, his lip curled back in a silent snarl as his piercing amber eyes shifted between the two. Borden was not a wolf he was familiar with – hell, he didn’t even know the wolf’s name at this point – but at least he did smell of the Whisper Caverns pack.

The stranger introduced himself – not quite clearing up anything for the Tainn. Nios cast the boy a stoical glance, uncertain of what circus he had currently walked in to – or that the wolf who had drawn alongside him was Borden Lyall – a man his father had respected.. which had been a rare thing. Nios, he corrected ikn a quieter tone, so as to not deter the older wolf. Who is your mother? He had not realized Narime had held a mate prior to meeting her, let alone a litter that was almost two years old now.

(This post was last modified: Mar 11, 2015, 12:16 PM by Nios.)

Inactive No Rank
Titan Thorben
Titan looked between Borden and Kade hoping the black wolf wouldn't attack, and was relieved to see that the dark wolf didn't look like he was going to hurt him. However when Nios corrected @Borden and gave his name Titan glanced to the elder wolf quizzically. Obviously the man was still having trouble with his mind. Worry increased as Titan wondered whether Borden was being treated at all. The male didn't have any smells of herbs on him either. Usually wolves who were being treated for something would smell for days like the herb they were being treated with. Titan's blue orbs switched to the dark wolf to keep an eye on him.

"Nios, sorry about that.."  He apologized for the mix up with the Tainn's name quickly before Nios asked who his mother was.

"My mother is Narime Lagina, my father was Sloane Thorben, and they are the founders of this pack called Whisper Caverns. The pack was named this because there are a bunch of tunnels underneath the meadow, and the packs main den is at the largest entrance of these tunnels which lies hidden in those trees over there. " Titan tried to talk the male out of his nervousness or worry that he had about him being there over the borders. He even went so far as to describe the territory to show that he knew the place like the back of his paw. The Thorben's nose pointed towards the trees where he knew the den was hiding behind a hill or two.

"Maybe you know my brother Yuka Thorben? I know I smell his scent on these borders.." He added quickly before glancing back to Nios, then to Borden again wondering how well the old man was. Instantly Titan thought of the fungus he had found while treating Xetor. The fungus from the tree had smelled like many of the herbs used for different things. Maybe, just maybe he could test it out on him? The only way to know if a new plant would do anything was to test it on a sick patient. Either he would kill Borden and put him out of his misery with the plant or he would help him... Or it wouldn't do anything at all. Those were his chances. Titan knew where the fallen birch tree was that had the fungus on it. For a long moment Titan was distracted by his thoughts as he looked over Borden with a concerned maw.

Learn from these streets, it can be bleak,
Accept no defeat, surrender retreat...

Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
geez, guys, sorry I forgot about this thread. xc Breeding season hit on top of my GH stuff and, bam, this thread and Borden in general was put on the back burner. </3 I'm gonna have Borden bow out so you can continue?

break the cycle, break the chains,
borden lyall
...love is louder than all of your pain.

It seemed Titan was also having a hard time placing a name to Kade's face. Though, when the two formally introduced themselves to one another and began to straighten out everything between them, Borden was suddenly lost. Nios, the black-coated man had said, which meant he wasn't Kade to begin with. His mind spun, inwardly reaching and failing to grasp for recent recollections that were shut behind a figurative door in core of his memory bank. His eyes narrowed briefly as his gaze came to settle on the younger of the two dark wolves.

He really did know this wolf and his name was - a flash of white danced behind his eyes - and what had been said before, repeated in his ears. "My name is Titan Thorben." Right. His focused hard on the both of them now, as though he were trying hard to put everything that was said to memory. He looked to Nios one more time before withdrawing from the pack borders. Something was wrong and he did not belong there. If that was not Kade then he was not at home. He was elsewhere.

As he spun around on his paws, a desperate cry in his head sounded out. Remember, remember, remember... he pleaded to himself. He stopped some way away from where he had encountered the duo, pressing his side against a tree as if it would help him. My name is Borden Lyall, he stated silently to himself. I live in Grizzly Hollow. My mate's name is Jaysyek. I've been told to stay-- stay- stay-- It was as if a bunch of static was crackling in his skull. He could just barely make out what it was that he wanted to visualize and think of, but he needed the 'whole picture' to make sense of it all.  Narimé is my... Leader... Titan is Narimé's boy.

Then, a startling thought that made him wince and let loose a low whimper: If Narime was the Leader around here then he was not within Grizzly Hollow. If he was not where he believed he belonged then he was lost. Without even a second glance at the conversation that had begun to take off in his absence, he started off again, allowing his feet to carry him wherever they wanted to go, traversing unknowingly and automatically along a path he typically walked along every day since Rook had left him behind...

(Borden exit.)

template base formed by GINNYSAURUS.
Inactive No Rank
Nios Tainn
Exiting Nios.

The simple question he had asked somehow got a history lecture on the lands he had temporarily come to call home. A frown darkened his features as the boy announced his mother was Narime -- and some male called Sloane. Nios might have felt more sheepish in that moment about his 'welcome party' for his leader's boy, had the swarthy male not continued onward to describe the lands he had become familiar with. A sardonic snort emerged from the Tainn, and he refrained from rolling his eyes. Instead, his bright eyes flashed over the more youthful male, perplexed now at best. I'm well aware of the Caverns, given this is my home, he rumbled dryly.

He knew the information was offered to solidify the boy knew the lands only to prove his story was correct, and Nios allowed the subject to drop.

At the mention of the boy's brother, the Tainn wolf gave a shake of his muzzle, determined he was over this conversation entirely. It had never occurred to the ebony male that Narime held a mate before Ash -- and he wondered briefly if Titan was then Rory's brother. He did not care to ask, though -- again, a lesson in history and family was not something he was looking to gain. I've never met a Yuka. He made no further comment on the matter.. instead, hs attention was directed to the elderly wolf, who spoke nothing more.

Nios blinked as the agouti male made to prowl away. Giving his muzzle a shake, he pointed it toward the direction of Titan once more, giving a shrug of his shoulders. I'm going to continue my patrol -- I assume you want to find your mother. She's around somewhere, I imagine, he determined. With little else to say, the ebony male made his way to the borders, making sure to take a route that Borden or Titan had not.

(This post was last modified: Apr 14, 2015, 07:12 PM by Nios.)