374 Users Online
Google, Nadine, Tulip

A Morning Visitor
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Poppin' who has 176 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hecate Liar
 photo f0a47938-e6cd-4506-9869-a78bbfe6322b_zpsccik9ncv.jpg@Gent

"Huoooooooaahhhhhhhh....." Hecate yawned and stretched her legs inside of the little nook she had made the night before. Bright honey colored light streamed in at her face, temporarily blinding her vision. What a last few days it had been. Fine dining and even a warm place to stay! The Lore was starting to grow on her, slowly gaining favor from the young lady.

She raised herself from sitting position into standing, just admiring the morning's beauty. The sun peered in through the thin tree branches and leaked onto the snow's icy surface. With a curt sigh, Hecate sprung into action, thus beginning a days search for a cache.

About an hour passed before she found anything. Her nose singling out a trail between two oak trees and scampering off to find it source, completely unaware of the world around her. Eventually, she found it. A single deer calf and thigh laid half buried  in the snow, presumably surfacing after the spring melting. "Ha!" She laughed and pulled at the hoof until the ground gave up and released the prize.

(This post was last modified: Mar 23, 2015, 01:00 AM by Hecate.)
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris

Gent's paws hit the ground, piercing through the snow to crush frozen flowers underneath them. His eyes searched the iced-over landscape, trying to find anything living amongst the death of winter. The impending Spring was a conflict of interests for him. He loved that Winter tested him physically, especially spending this last one alone. It had been a challenge, but Gent thrived under pressure, and he had come out on top. He had amassed more muscle, and kept himself well-fed; perhaps he should snowbird outside of the Lore every Winter.

For now that he was back, things had become a little more difficult. But Spring brought life, and even Gent had to admit, he was happy for the break. He enjoyed the sun when it burned away Winter's clouds, strong and hot upon his skin. He enjoyed the increased activity, as the animals began to escape their burrows, shake off the snow, and venture back into the world. And of course, he was happy to begin seeing more of his own kind.

Speaking of which, the scent of a young woman whirled through the windy air, delivering itself unto his senses. Curious and wanting company, the orphan prince pressed on, pursuing her location. It was within a couple minutes that he actually found her, the thick white fur adorning her causing her form to blend with the surrounding snow. Both shimmered beneath the morning's light, causing Gent's eyes to defensively narrow as he lifted them to take in the scene. She was young, half of his age, but seemed strong; seemed to have also come out of this winter on top. Her scent was bleached of the scent of others, and so he assumed her to be a loner, and wished to know exactly how long she'd been without family. Truly, if the backstory panned out and her personality fit, this girl could be an extremely useful friend to have.

"Hello," he greeted as he drew even closer, arctic eyes wandering away from her and to her frozen meal. Gent hated to scavenge his food, much preferring to make the kill himself and to consume his meat fresh and dripping with warm blood. But in Winter's grasp, one did whatever was needed to keep their stomach from aching. "Mind having some company while you dine?"
Inactive No Rank
Hecate Liar
 photo f0a47938-e6cd-4506-9869-a78bbfe6322b_zpsccik9ncv.jpg

"Hello." A cheery voice rang in her ears as she was just about to take the first bite. She made a loud straining gasp and scrambled over the semi frozen meat. She wound her muscles tightly and turn full circle to face the speaker. Her chartreuse eyes scanned him critically, but, to her luck the man didn't seem to be a threat. He seemed a little older, but still maintained a energetic charisma. Not to mention the handsome face and gleaming fur. Hecate cleared her throat, shaking the little surprise off as best as she could. "Who do I owe this pleasure." The word, pleasure ticked with slight vexation.

"Mind having some company while you dine?" He asked politely. The leg was much too large for just her to eat and gaining another ally wouldn't be bad. "Why not... You want calf or thigh?" She said, lifting the dismembered body part by the ankle to make the cut fully visible. "Darling, I don't prefer fatty meats so if your needing sustenance, please speak up." Her silky voice muffled by the frost bitten deer fur.

@Gent Sorry for the shitty post, I'm pretty wiped but I should be good in the morning or next afternoon :)

(This post was last modified: Mar 24, 2015, 05:55 AM by Rook. Edit Reason: deleted an extra </div>. )
the armed queen
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris

OOC: baah your post is fine! 

Testy little girl, this one. Gent took in her reaction, the displeasure that thinly laced her words. Ultimately, she was accepting of him and even offered him a chunk of her find, something he found odd. If he was an annoyance, why not shoo him away? It led him to believe that this was simply her, and the way she greeted everyone. Which, there was nothing wrong with. So long as she knew when to bow, a little attitude could go a long ways in the right direction if paired with other select qualities, and he intended to find out if she possessed them.

"Sweetheart, do I look like a man in need?" he answered her, declining her offer with a slight mock to her usage of a term of endearment for him, a stranger. Truly, he had just partaken in freshly-killed hare the other day, and otherwise didn't have much of a taste for freezer burn. Gent reclined, pulling his legs in close to his body and using his thick, winter-downed tail to warm his paws. The sun above them felt wonderful, energizing, perhaps the reason for his elevated mood. Hopefully, she could see that he wasn't just being an ass; this was Gent's idea of being playful, evident by the easy and crooked smirk adorning his maw.

"My name is Gent. And would my hostess care to introduce herself?"
Inactive No Rank
Hecate Liar
 photo f0a47938-e6cd-4506-9869-a78bbfe6322b_zpsccik9ncv.jpg@Gent

She laid the frosty meal down, eyeing it and deciding on where to cut. "Sweetheart, do I look like a man in need?" The males voice interrupting her sharp calculating stare. She looked at him with pinched brows and a locked jaw. He set his little speech with a cracked grin. Hecate ran her tongue over her teeth slowly and before it got to the front of her whites, she pulled it in and snapped jaws with a satisfying click. "I guess not." She said with a wide grin. "Funny man you are." She laughed and began to sever the thigh off. She carved the round away and set it aside, now focusing exclusively on the shank. "My name is Gent. And would my hostess care to introduce herself?" He said, emitting that husky voice again. "Hecate. Hecate Lair. Daughter of an asshole and a sociopath. Princess of nothing." She chuckled. It never failed when meeting a wolf, they would list their heritage- their fancy, heritage. It sounded so selfish and uncultured. She smiled and continued to tear strips of flesh away.

The piles of pulled venison laid in small heaps at her side, waiting to be eaten. "Okay. Here." She said absently, rubbing her snout in the snow.

(This post was last modified: Mar 25, 2015, 04:14 AM by Hecate.)
the armed queen
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
Gent's lip twitched, that wry smile fading just the faintest of shades as she referred to him as 'funny.' Even when bantering, this wasn't quite something he liked to be referred to as. Especially if there was any chance of a mock in it. However, he was far too interested in the potential blossoming of their little conversation to act like a child about something so trivial, and so he let the irrational irritation slide of his back along with that word, choosing to focus instead on her very unique introduction of herself.

If Gent's upbringing had been respectable in the eyes of others, he would probably count himself among those she thought of as 'selfish and uncultured.' Truly, he felt immense pride in carrying his father's legacy and name. Yet he was aware that not only was his father unknown in this land, but he would be thought ill of for his whelp-rearing techniques. No, Gent would not brag about his lineage, for it was up to him to build the name Lieris up to the glory it should be.

"Princess of nothing because you forsook your birthright, or because you were never deemed worthy to inherit?"
Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Inactive No Rank
Hecate Liar

Hecate sat down and began munching in the strips of flesh. She was having quite a pleasant conversation with this stranger, she hadn't really hung out with new people- you know the whole, "stranger danger" thing. She had grown up quite a bit in her time alone, mentally and physically. She felt ready to take on more difficult tasks now, more confident with her body and how she flaunted it. She had truly made the transition from child to woman in a few short months.

In response, he let out a interesting thought. And it was only interesting because she expected him to laugh. She glared up at him from the pink heap, aiming her lithe snout to the sky and taking a deep breath. "Y'see love, I ran from the needy claws of my family long ago. Jus' lookin' for a home at this point." She leveled her skull to give him a silvery laugh and then back to her meal. "How bout you? You're a well built man," She gave a stroke to his ego, admiring the shiny fur and muscles beneath, finishing her scan with a charming wink. "You must've had a healthy up bringing, no?" It was only expected, I mean, even if he left home his family must've taught him well. She finished her meal with a last bite, moving on to his declined heap.

the armed queen
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris
Clearly there was a whole line of nerves to be hit regarding her family. It only served to interest Gent more, though as a skilled orator he knew better than to pry too deeply with such a fresh face. Despite how much he wanted to. The man listened to her explanation, ears forward while he absent-mindedly took the time to individually stretch out each foreleg. Her agitated glance to him was met merely with an attentive gaze from his glacial eyes.

Needy, huh? Did they smother her then? Expect too much of her? Stifle her wanderlust? Something far more complicated? Or was the phrase even true at all? He supposed he wouldn't know, not without forging some sort of bond with the woman and either being present at the right moment, or fully gaining her confidence. While he'd known a wolf or two to have far too loose a tongue, he didn't expect it from someone so quick-witted as the girl before him.

As she turned the question around on him, he allowed a stretch of silence to punctuate the pause before his answer. Gent was considering how much to share with her, to give her the general lie, an embellished one, or to let slip a few morsels of truth.

"I'm royalty too," was his simple explanation, the crooked smirk back upon his muzzle. "Except instead of running from my bloodright, I'm here to embrace it and take what's mine."
Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief
Inactive No Rank
Hecate Liar

She watched him muse, seeing the light of an idea flash past his eyes every once and a while. He seemed honest and smiley enough, maybe the two could be acquaintances. Whenever Hecate was talking to strangers, she tried to be docile, but every once in a while she would pull a move out of nowhere. He seemed taken aback by her comment, it was quite humorous to watch him eye her with confusion.

Gent mentioned something about "royalty" and "taking his rights back". She gave him a upset glance, her paws shuffling in the dirt. "You're wasting your time dove." Hecate tried politely, not wanting him to turn on her. She made her efforts to sound sincere. "It's all a joke y'know? Order and all. It"s like a mass social experiment, the ones at the top get to crush those below it because of a title. I mean, follow your dream and all.. but just don't fall into the flow." She tried to explain. It was difficult to describe because she could feel for both sides of the argument. Power was just so, intoxicating. But on the other hand, she saw its flaws and bruises. She realized that it might be a little heavy for their conversing and apologized immediately. "Sorry for getting so real for a second, I mean, fuck." Hecate laughed, quickly changing the topic. "So! Where you headin'? Have any ideas?" He might be going to the Ridge just like her, I mean it wasn't unlikely. She didn't know the most of the packs around here, she only knew of her destination and Silent Moon Plateau.

the armed queen