(See All?) Announcements
551 Users Online
Google, Bing, Miriam

Broken Timber Pines Pack Thread — Broken Timber Pines 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.

Broken Timber Pines Pack Thread

This is the Pack Interaction Thread for the Broken Timber Pines pack. This thread is open to all Broken Timber Pine wolves. The location of this thread is outside the pack den. Because this is a Pack thread, it cannot be archived or removed for inactivity. This serves as a place for basic and general social gathering. However, it will not serve as a place for pack meetings or threads with a specific purpose. For more information, please see THIS informational thread.

(This post was last modified: Sep 08, 2016, 08:02 PM by Drestig.)
Played by Hero who has 494 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Koda Reinier

Three months time. Three months marked a very pivotal point of time for the aging Renier as it signified the length of time since leaving behind his past and creating what would become his future--glancing around the area, he couldn't be any more proud. He enjoyed the company of those who had vowed their loyalty to him, they would serve as the bridge that would make Broken Timber Pines stronger and what more, would stabilize this pack for the future generations that should come. He had become aware of the absences of both @Camio and @Inkheart and couldn't help hoping that beyond their narrow scope of personal issues, their disappearance had been the cause of something unavoidable that had of course not caused them death. He thought then of their remaining seed, Arion and Nalda and the mothers who were left to care for these pups alone while they were off on their duties and his lips twitched in displeasure--surely, their absences would not go without punishment.

The seasons would soon be changing and fall would be upon them and the pack had yet to officially hunt together. His wife, the well respected hunter of Secret Woodlands would prove useful in both organizing and tracking their prey but he wanted to ensure that each wolf in his ranks were able bodied enough to help bring down a prey large enough to feed four growing pups and six adults--thus far he had not caught whiff of anything larger then the fleeing deer. They would need something larger and plentiful to satisfy each hungry stomach and successfully fill caches. Deep in thought the Renier male stepped further out into his land, feeling the dirt within the cracks of his paws and beneath his nails and closed his honey yellow eyes long enough to release a howl. This was not a meeting but more so an attempt to gather his wolves for a well needed community howl.

(This post was last modified: Aug 30, 2015, 05:07 PM by Koda.)

[Image: btp_by_euphoriclies-d8zepdr.png]
Arla and Emma are the ish and made my pretties!
Koda will most likely always be accompanied by Chiron unless otherwise stated, or requested.

Played by Emma who has 530 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
'bout time I toss into the pack thread 'eh? <3

She was dozing. Somewhere in the distance she could hear the familiar voices of her daughters. If they noticed the absences of both Arion's and Nalda's father, they didn't let on. Under the shelter of a fallen, curled up on a carpet of red-cedar needles, Iopah swiveled an ear in their direction. From the tone of their voices it sounded like they were all playing together. She sighed and the gray-stroked ear fell back against her skull. It helped to have them occupy each other. They would look out for one another and it would (hopefully) keep thoughts and questions away from the missing parents.

A breeze shifted over the woman, soft and warm. Her nose twitched at the smells -resinous evergreen and the sweet aroma of salmonberry. After a long growing season the brambles were finally fruiting. It wasn't a smell the carnivore was particularly fond of, but the flame-orange berries did attract deer and grouse to the area. That reassuring thought had started lulling her back to sleep.

Iopah pushed up to her elbows, blinking sleep away, at Koda's resonant howl. She lifted her head and called back, tone low and still hazy with sleep. Her song faded away and the pups continued playing in the distance. She rose to her feet and gave a shake to rid the needles from her pelt. A deep stretch brushed the bottom of her chest to the ground. Once more her head lifted, giving a deep and sonorous reply. There was no query, no demand in her call. Just the simple reassurance of her presence to her mate and her pack, should they decide to join in.

she's out of sight of others and not moving, but will join Koda/others in the next round
(This post was last modified: Sep 02, 2015, 04:09 AM by Iopah.)
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier

She could no longer shake the sense that something was wrong. The past weeks had been spent staying distracted, staying busy. They had discussed this, her and Koda. It was not unexpected and she had let the weeks slip by in unhappiness, but not worry. He was speaking with other packs, he knew to be careful (certainly she had asked enough times), and he would be back at the end of those weeks.

Or, so they had planned.

Iopah reclined at the packs communal den, biting back a soft noise. There was no sign of him, and she had expected at least a whiff of his scent or a howl in the distance. The borders were secure, but they no longer held much of his scent. She had not said anything of her worries, but her distraction likely spoke volumes to them all. Something had happened and Koda's absence was becoming worrisome to the Pines' queen. Her tail curled around her flanks, an idle and lonesome gesture. Without planning to or anticipating who might respond, the alpha tipped her head back and called softly into the cold winter air. The sound echoed away and she let it go for a minute before pursing her lips and crooning again.

At the very least she wanted to hear something in the quiet cedar forest (even if it was her own voice), but, perhaps a voice beside her own would break the silence?

Played by Ashbash who has 170 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Eirian Asurn

Eirian could not dismiss the slow off kilter shift of the pale coated queen's atmosphere over the past few weeks. Despite his ink-lined lips wanting to bring such truths to light and her futile; in his opinion, attempts at concealing the obvious worry that gnawed away at her internally waning with each setting moon, the russet pelted man could not do such. There had been no need to guess the reasoning, though, as his frequent border patrols aided his olfactory senses in picking up the answer. Day by day the musky cologne of Koda's scent upon the borders grew weaker with a promise to be washed away completely by the snow if the Reinier man did not return soon.

Cream tinted limbs were trudging along the windey, compacted highway marking the western edge of their territory when the soft call of @Iopah broke onto the frigid air, bringing the male second to a temporary standstill. The gentle howl echoed off the surrounding cedar and redwood timber before the air grew still once more. Dark laced audits perked forward instantaneously in apprehension of the warning that was sure to come next, but his inner ears were greeted solely by another melancholic croon by his queen. A croon that warranted an answering call from the patrolling brute.

Skull tipped back and citrus gaze falling to a soft close the ebony leather of his lips pulled apart as jaws parted, vocal chords producing a baritone howl designed for the awaiting ears of the matriarch. His song was kept in a casual tone as it informed the queen of his current whereabouts and task, fading off with a simple question. Are you alright? Eirian hastened his pace to gallop threw loosened snow and leap over fallen sentinels to close the gap between himself and the queen before she could answer. His muscled frame pushing through the last stretch of vegetation that separated the two wolves, tangerine irises coming to settle on the seated light coated woman just outside the communal den. "Is everything alright?" The dark agouti brute reiterated his previous question in a soft spoken tone, ears splayed back momentarily in anticipation for her answer. 

(This post was last modified: Jan 31, 2016, 08:38 PM by Eirian.)
Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier
@Eirian

Even though a part of her wanted the silence broken, she was not over-joyed at the reply. It was not the voice she wanted to hear. Her ears flicked to and fro and then flattened to her cream-coated skull. Eirian. Just as the situation was growing increasingly obvious to her, it likely was to him as well. He called out in a low tone -much like hers only moments ago- and she let the unspoken question go unanswered.

Iopah wasn't sure of the answer. There was the sound of an approaching wolf, a soft rustle and crunch of snow. The Pines' queen went stiff in her placement, having a very good idea of who this was. She tried to root out an answer -growling lowly as she caught herself glancing longingly towards the distant borders.

Her gaze meet Eirian's when he appeared, staring and testing him to look away as she always did. A part of her was curious how soon before he began pushing his rank and taking Koda's place. "He should have been back by now," Was the only matter-of-fact utterance she could make. It didn't seem to matter that Koda's name was unspoken.

"Something must have happened to him, everything is not alright." There. She had said it. Her ears flicked forward as his splayed back; just because they were to be equals didn't mean she had any intention of being subservient to him.

Inactive No Rank
Eirian Asurn

A steady silence was the only answer to Eirian's spoken question at first, citrus irises swiftly dropping their gaze to focus on the obscured outline of Iopah's creamy paws against the snowy ground when the golden hue of her own sought the features of his face. Despite the obvious factor of the dark agouti wolf being the sole male left to dwell among the cedars and redwoods pointing toward him being the rightful new male heir to the throne, the title of leader was not yet his to make tangible. Unless personally adorned the gold encrusted crown upon his brow by the female before him, Eirian Asurn was still but a wolf forced to play his part as the subservient subordinate. Luckily, he was a patient wolf and patience was always rewarded.

The quietness continued to linger in the expanse of space between the two wolves until finally it was shattered by an obvious statement. "He should have been back by now," Russet audits perked forward in response to the utterance, no hint needed about who the he was being referenced to as tangerine gaze dared sneak a small glance toward the cream coloration of Iopah's chest before dropping back down to their previous position. Koda. "Something must have happened to him, everything is not alright." she expressed as his ears splayed back, finally voicing the worry he knew to be troubling the forest matriarch, but what could he possibly say in that moment? He had not a lick of information pertaining to the missing king that would put her at ease and in truth the guy was just another obstacle in his path to success under the name of the castellated Asurns. One that now was neatly cast aside without his paws having to lift a toe. It was so nice when he didn't have to do the dirty work himself.

Craning his mighty skull toward the ground to keep his posture submissive, leathery lips pursed in thought for the right words to utter in return. It was hard feigning the part of sympathetic pack-mate when Eirian was raised on lessons of brute strength and power being everything while emotions left you vulnerable and weak. And the Asurns had no use for weak wolves. "It's been a fear plaguing the back of my mind lately. I can not say I know Koda well enough to know what he is truly capable of handling, but even I know its been too long." That much was true as the statement flitted off his salmon tongue. Giving pause before continuing onward, eyes still glued to snow dusted paws. "What would you have me do to make things alright again?" Voice lathered thickly with the genuine concern of a loyal subordinate. Yes, Iopah may not be pure in the eyes of an Asurn, but loyalty always ran deeper than hatred. 

Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier

The male said nothing wrong, did not make a single wrong movement. Iopah felt her defensiveness lessen, but her golden eyes continued to watch the Asurn. This was not a situation she expected to find herself in again. Her counterpart had - once again - changed. She sighed at Eirian's reply. Neither could know what had happened to the missing patriarch. Perhaps he was fine, simply waylaid in his return, but even Koda had promised to be back before now.

"I promised to search for him," She murmured. The queen's gaze rose to catch his expression as his words faded away. Iopah was well aware of what she may (or may never) find, but it needed to be done. "And I do not break my promises easily."

"You've already done everything I've asked," It felt as if the male's responsibilities had gradually increased, a change so gradual that Iopah hadn't registered it. The male was now far more than a mere border guardian, wasn't he? There was no mistaking how things had changed. "I need someone to rule alongside me, I can't do everything alone."

"If Koda comes back-" Iopah stopped and focused on a chunk of ice frozen to a red cedar stump.

"I hope he comes back, but I don't know." Her teeth made a soft sound as they ground together- angry at the situation, angry at the fact that she had no option. "Will you lead alongside me?"

(This post was last modified: Mar 01, 2016, 12:11 AM by Iopah.)
Inactive No Rank
Eirian Asurn

Eirian listened intently as the pale agouti woman spoke further on the situation, informing him of her promise to search for the missing patriarch should an instance such as this arise. It was a search that guaranteed no positive feedback, or even an answer to her worries at all, but the woman seated before him was determined to try her best regardless and this had earned the respect of the Asurn brute. Iopah continued on then to answer his question, revealing that she needed him to step up and fill in the abandoned role Koda once filled. It would now be his duties to rule over these woods alongside her, should he accept such a fate and Eirian was more than willing to have a taste of what he was sent here to do.

Hesitantly the subordinate took a couple steps forward, the top of his rust hued muzzle nudging the creamy underside of her own in a submissive gesture to somehow soothe the worries he knew to be festering in her mind having to make such a decision, but her paws were tied. He knew this, she knew this. "When Koda returns, I will step down as your co-leader to return his rightful position. But until then I will give my all to see this pack continues to survive in his absence." As much as the first bit tasted like bile on his tongue, Eirian knew it was the wisest move he could make. The Asurn brute couldn't afford to make any missteps and refusing the king his crown back after simply filling in as replacement for however long it took was foolish. There was trust yet to be earned within the pack, not only by his leaders, but by his fellow subordinates. If he couldn't win them all over his chances at seeking a permanent placement at the top of the totem pole could be kissed goodbye. He had to play it smart.

Inactive No Rank
Iopah Reinier

She nodded, feeling the energy sap from her with the decision she had just made. It felt like an iron bar slamming down on her lungs, the finality of it making her breath catch. Koda really was gone, Eirian had taken her mates place in the ranks. The feel of the Asurn's muzzle under her chin was strange and foreign, making a shiver dance her spine. Would Koda forgive her if he ever returned? Would she ever forgive him if he never did?

Finally she stepped back with a small clearing of her throat. Her gold eyes traced him for a moment, reminding herself that he was an equal now. "I'll continued to watch the borders," hoping that Koda is on his way back. There were still other things that needed to be done, but the male before her was well aware and had been doing them for many weeks now. "Let me know if you have any problems." She waited a moment before adding, "I haven't spoken to my daughters about this." No doubt they would be upset. If only Iopah could anticipate how bothered Bracken would be by the turn of events. With another nod of thanks the queen turned into the shadows, headed for the nearest border.

(This post was last modified: Mar 15, 2016, 12:02 AM by Iopah.)