(See All?) Announcements
515 Users Online
Google, Visitor, Bing

and days continue — Bramble Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Rachel who has 545 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
The knowledge that another litter of pups would be raised by the Swift River pack was elating to the male – it was truly a new start for the Tainn family since the fire that had stolen their home and lives from them. So many were missing, and not a day passed where Ruiko’s thoughts would not drift to his family that were no longer in the valleys. Niija, Junai, Hotei, Kenai. He worried for them daily, and hoped they would one day return to the land that they belonged. The only sibling he hadn’t thought of since her departure had been Ioni, and the tawny wolf knew if she dared show her hide among his family again, the regal Tainn would put his permanent mark on it. Her or Weldering.

“He’s a natural,” he decided, his shoulders lifting once more to that casual shrug that he bore so often. Indru had always fancied himself the father of the family once Rihael had passed, and in ways to Borlla and Triell he certainly was. Yet no one could replace their parents, and Ruiko was uncertain if Indru realized that or not, try as he might.

Corinna switched the topic from Swift River to himself, and Ruiko lifted his wolfish brows in consideration to the inquiry. Pulling back leisurely from his affectionate and playful ministrations to his new-found sister, Ruiko allowed a few moments of silent contemplation to pass before answering. “There are many places to settle,” he decided quietly, his eyes drifting across his companion to see her reaction. If anything, he had put off claiming land far longer than he had expected, and considering Corinna’s reaction, she had assumed he would have claimed a land by now as well. “Ranger is restless to live pack life once more, so soon we likely will choose.” There was a small pause, and the corners of his muzzle lifted in a smirk. “Any suggestions?”
Played by Shadow who has 477 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

The silence settled in after Corinna asked her question. She knew Ruiko and his contemplative ways, and knew that whatever answer he would give her, it would be one that he had thought out. That was one trait that she quite liked in him - he kept a handle on himself, no matter what else was going on around him. Passion never seemed to sweep him away, always he had all four paws firmly on the ground. She wondered if perhaps Ranger, that ebony giant who kept him company, ever aroused the passion behind those cool golden eyes. Probably. There was a reason she had followed him out of Swift River, even though his departure had not demanded her own. Perking up as he answered her question, Cori noted with some personal satisfaction that he mentioned his traveling companion. Perhaps this time next year, the gentle giant would be approaching her and telling her that she was to be an aunt, rather than the other way around.

Suggestions though, that was a tough one. Relic Lore was not a confined space by any means, and she was sure that there were wolves who lived here that she had never even scented, never mind actually come across. Ruiko and Ranger could travel far and wide, each step taking them further and further from Swift River. But maybe that was for the better. "I heard rumors...that there were some new areas further South? I haven't been able to go and look myself, but perhaps you could try your luck in looking that way?" It wasn't really a suggestion, but it was the best she could do under the circumstances. "I know that there's a pack in Cedarwood Forest now, so maybe try and avoid that? And of course, the Mountain, though I haven't heard anything about Alexander in a while.

Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
Corinna’s words drew an subtle nod from his head, his gleaming eyes casting over her in quiet regard. It almost surprised him she suggested they see what lands lay farther south, for it meant he would be farther from Swift River and their family. There was logic to it as well; should they witness another autumn like last year, prey would be scarcer. The last thing Ruiko desired was to fight his siblings and their pack for food for his own. Even last fall he had become almost desperate enough to trek the claimed lands of the mountain in search of food and water, for it was a much better alternative in his mind than watching Kinis grow thinner and weaker with each passing day. Luckily it had not come to that.

“I don’t travel that way often,” he offered thoughtfully, suddenly curious to what he would find further from his usual haunts. “Wherever we go, we won’t be more than a few days away from Swift River.” His words were meant to soothe him more than her, and the large wolf allowed a small smirk to break the corner of his lips. He couldn’t imagine being too far from his siblings and home and he knew Ranger would not deny him that. At his sister’s next words, the lone wolf’s shoulders lifted in a light shrug, his eyes shifting to the direction of the quiet mountain. “Alexander and his pack have always kept to themselves,” he decided, realizing he had only ever met Borden from the mountain. “They seem to be a respectful sort. It’s how Honijo would have wanted it.” It had been weeks since he had thought of his missing uncle. He had assumed the male had left with Indru, but he had never returned with them. Wherever he was, Ruiko only hoped he was finding solitude with his sister’s death.
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata
We can wrap this up whenever, love <3

Gone Tomorrow

Corinna had never actually traveled to the areas that she was suggesting that Ruiko move his small band to. She had only heard of them from Indru, but she loved her home on the river far to much to leave. Besides, while she was not yet showing her pregnancy, she was rapidly growing weary easier, and it made it that much more difficult for her to leave where she knew had a stable source of food. Smiling to herself, she remembered the previous summer, where she had wandered about Relic Lore aimlessly, on the heels of the pack she had wanted to join so much. Now she was preparing to give birth to it's first generation. How small this world was, and mysterious how things worked out in completely unexpected ways.

Her intention had hardly been to send Ruiko away from Swift River, but it made logical sense that he would travel farther. Wolves required large ranges in order to survive. "Of course," Cori grinned at her new brother. "We wouldn't want to send you to far away." Of course, it would be better if they had not split ways at all, but that was spilled milk that could not be cleaned up. Head cocking to the side as he spoke of the mountain pack, she mutely nodded. She had only heard of Honijo from Indru, and very rarely at that. He was the uncle that had first divided from Swift River after the death of the Hidden Tree alphas, but what had happened to him, nobody seemed to know. "I suppose that's true. Probably better that way." Turning her gaze towards the direction she had come, she moved to stand up. "I should probably get going. Indru will be wondering where I've got to."

Inactive Deceased
Ruiko Tainn
Their conversation came to a close; the niceties of checking up on another was at an end, and while Ruiko would have tried to entice his new sister to a hunt or walk, her words of farewell drew an understanding nod from the regal male. "I'm surprised he hasn't shown up yet to check on you," he rumbled with amusement, though not far from being serious. It surprised him that his brother wasn't on Corinna's heels, as she was bearing a very important load to the pack and Tainn family.

With a rumbling goodbye growl, the large tawny wolf dropped his muzzle to nudge the silver she-wolf's cheek. "Take care, Corinna," he rumbled, his tail giving a gentle sweep through the air. "And look after those nephews and nieces of mine growing in your belly." A small smirk played at his lips, and taking a few paces back, the regal wolf glanced to the direction he expected Ranger to be. "I'll visit soon," he promised at last, before making his way back to the thicket.
Inactive Deceased
Corinna Donata

Gone Tomorrow

Their conversation drew to a close, a rather natural one. They had discussed everything that they needed to, and it was now time for them to return back to their separate homes. Cori had a pack to help care for, and she wanted to be able to rest her paws tonight on familiar ground. While once upon a time, Ruiko would have returned with her, life no longer worked that way. Grinning, she nudged her brother-in-law's cheek in return, chuckling at his comment about Indru. It was indeed a miracle that her handsome tawny mate had not come after her, and she wondered how that would have gone down, given that Ruiko and Indru had not seen each other since the rank challenge.

Smiling, the female leader of the Swift River wolves nodded her head. "Oh don't fear, dearest Ruiko. Your nieces and nephews are quite safe with me. Anybody who attempts to harm with them has to deal with me, and there is no fury like a mother's wrath," she chuckled, though there was a bit of a steel to her voice. Corinna was a first time mother, but already she knew that she would love these pups with her entire heart and soul, and that if anybody attempted to touch them with malicious intent, she would rip their throats from their body without a second thought. "I'll see you soon, Ruiko. Wish Ranger and Kinis well for me." Stepping backwards, the she-wolf nodded her head and turned over her left shoulder, walking back towards the home that she loved so much.