(See All?) Announcements
534 Users Online
Google, Bing

you're just playing a part — Jasper Rocks 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 512 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote><i>"No, sir,"</i> she stated. <i>"It's horribly cracked."</i> One of Borden's brows rose. <i>Oh... Darn.</i> She then instructed him on how to determine whether or not the shell was usable - pressing one's tongue carefully against it to feel for cracks. Cautiously, the leader stuck his tongue out from behind the shell, now realizing the deep crack that had fractured what should have been a good find. Elettra continued her search, and once he had put to memory what a damaged shell felt like, he also proceeded.

The shells he had started to find were all small. He could have easily swallowed them if he snatched them up hastily. <i>Three... Four... Five... Eight... Cracked. Broken. Small.</i> After a few moments, he shook the water from his shoulders, neck and ears. His eyes went to his companion, noting how far out she was in the river and how patient she seemed in her practice of searching for these precious items. He smiled and half-waded, half-stepped towards where she stood. Careful to give her enough space, he attempted to mimic her actions from sifting the sand every so often and waiting for the current to sweep the dug up silt down the river as he dug. Sooner or later, he hoped he would find a pristine shell... to show Elettra that he was a quick learner and that he, as a leader, was appreciative of his pack member's skills.</blockquote>
Played by Vami who has 1,026 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
It would take much time, she knew, and an art that required much patience. Elettra had never been much of a patient woman herself- always pushing herself to the limits, scolding herself should she fail. She would try and try again, even if it meant submitting to her own decline of health in the process, both in body and mind. But there her mother was, always ready to pick her up, nurse her to the health needed in order to get back on the horse, so to speak. It was only this simple act of shifting and searching that bought Elettra the little patience she had. She remembered as a child doing this for hours- her ankles sore from the constant movement, her body quivering from the cold. Her pale gray eyes would move to him then, a small smirk pressing upon her white lips. He seemed to show the same determination, the same need to prove he had what it takes. He was a determined wolf, appreciative even to learn in an art which he might not of had any interest in. "Perhaps we should stop? This part of the river seems dry." She speaks after some time has passed, and when she means by 'dry' she means of good shells. Surely there were many other places to search, even for another day. She did not wish to waist his time on such a tedious act and although she was growing rather tired of the act herself, her patience wearing thin, she still moved her limbs, just in case he wished to continue on until he found something useful.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote>It wasn't until when Elettra's voice sounded again did Borden stop and withdraw his face from the water after dropping a shell that felt like it had a chip in it. Smiling at her, he heard her propose that they discontinue their search, claiming that the river had no more unspoiled shells to offer. He nodded, <b>"Sure, we could do that."</b> A shiver ran down his spine and he drew his hind legs up, first the right and then the left, in attempt keep blood pumping through them. <b>"Perhaps some other time then, another day,"</b> he suggested.

Shaking his paws to ease the tense muscles in his forearms, he stepped back onto the bank of the river where he had been laying when Elettra had initially stumbled upon him. Sharply inhaling, he shook out his coat, sending water in all directions before exhaling in relief. All he had to do now was dry off. Looking down at the few shells she had dug up, he glanced over at her, <b>"Do you think you have enough shells for the time being?"</b></blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
She nodded to his words first, following suit as he made his way towards the river bed- her legs chilled, tense, but a feeling she had far gotten used to. With a shake of her coating just the same, the lighting of silver and gold which touched at the edges of her black coat, now a shining sparkle to the light in which burned above. "For the time, yes." She pauses, then continues on, in order to gather her wording correctly. "This pack is much smaller then what I've known- more close knit, and in a land far less hostile. I don't expect many injuries." She could only hope mentioning the slimmer size of his pack did not offend him, for a group of less then ten was small indeed- yet natural. A pack of family, close friends and perhaps a few wanderers that they picked up much as herself. She came from various places far more activity, filled with many challenges, scraps, and deaths.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote><i>Oh, good.</i> Borden smiled, pleased that she had found a sufficient amount of shells for now. He lowered himself onto his haunches, taking in her comment about how she didn't anticipate tending to a lot of wounds. <b>"Glad to hear,"</b> he smiled. Then it occurred to him... <i>What was he doing just sitting there?!</i> His eyes went down to the shell before him in the dirt. Getting back onto his feet, he gently took the scalloped item into his jaws and placed it atop another shell near Elettra. <b>"Would you like some help in taking these to your quarters?"</b></blockquote>
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
She only nodded for the moment to his replies, having little to say other then this. She was not the biggest of conversational wolves and did not often allow herself to ramble. She spoke when it was needed- never bothering to curb her words or hold her tongue. Her bold nature had both gotten her in trouble and in high praise, but little times was she not respected for being true to her word, nor playing the part of a kiss ass just to keep from getting into trouble. Her lips curved up then as Borden approached, ready to help her carry off two of the three shells in which she had acquired. "Certainly." It would be better then having to walk back and forth her her small load, this, and it would give her good reason to enjoy the company of her leader, as well as show him the progress she had made on her den as of yet.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote>Borden's ears perked as he heard her accept his help. Assuming she was ready to get going, he scooped up the couple of shells in his jowls, applying just enough pressure to keep them from sliding off his teeth. He probably should have said something like "ready when you are" or anything along those lines before he picked up the concave items... <i>Ah, well...</i> Images of what her den looked like in its current state formed in his mind: a den hidden away in a hillside, an underground tunnel filled with pine needles and bits of discarded deer skin, a hollowed out log above a roomy den, another abandoned bear cave...

He smiled to her as best as he could with his mouth full. With taking a step back, he waited for her to take the lead.</blockquote>
(This post was last modified: May 27, 2011, 12:26 AM by Borden.)
Inactive Deceased
Elettra Archer
And then they were off, Elettra Archer scooping up the few left that he had not managed to carry, and with a dip upwards of her chin in the direction her den was, she was off, bounding through the cedarwood forest back towards their home within the heart of Grizzly Hollow. The journey was not far at all and her den itself was not far from the actual den in which Jays had chose for the pack's den to begin their family. Making the den from scratch herself, it was not luck that she had happened to find the hollow near the bear's den, but that she had built it close for reason. A wolf would not have to go far to find her should she be needed for any medical assistance, whether it be over a small cough, an injured paw, or even an over infestation of annoying fleas. Ending their trek, she stopped before the den's opening, carved out from a small hillside much as one of the options he had thought up. Also the side of the opening, she settled the shells against the 'wall', making sure they were upside-down in order to fill rain water properly. "It's not finished, just yet." She stood to the side, motioning her muzzle towards the opening should he like to go inside and see what she had done as of yet. "Perhaps a disappointment, I know, but I've yet to get half-way there. the Diggig is taking much more time then my patience would allow." She ruffs simply at what for now was only a hole in the hillside, enough for a single wolf. "I plan to make it larger in the main area, for me, and one or two other wolves- depending on size. Just in case someone is badly injured and needs to stay under my watch. Ill have the floor laid with feather, skin and coat, which of course I will need to gain in time." She would have to wait until another member came along with food for the pack, or until their next hunt together. After her pause, she continued. "I'd like to branch off a smaller area, in order to hold all the herbs and such I need to have on paw." She stopped then after her finish, letting her leader know all the things that still needed to be done and what she would need in order to finish the process. She did this, in hopes he may approve of her judgement, always wishing for her leaders acceptance by this in her thinking ahead- a boldness and pride she could not hide.
Inactive Deceased
Borden Lyall
<blockquote>Quietly and eagerly, the Grizzly Hollow leader followed. Wherever she curved around a tree or wove through saplings and small hedges, he did the same, never deviating from her path. For a moment he thought they were heading towards the pack den, so when Elettra eventually stopped by a small knoll, he was taken by surprise. She explained that it's construction wasn't finished. Before he could comment though he placed the two shells he had beside the ones she had set down. He nosed one off of the other and made sure they were lined up with the Elettra's, also upturned and ready to gather water.

He eyed the small establishment and gave an approving nod after he had soaked up all her plans for it. <b>"Impressive,"</b> he stated, ducking his head down to briefly peer in and check it out. <b>If you need any more assistance, feel free to ask,"</b> he offered. <b>"I'm sure this will be quite a place once everything is in order."</b> He beamed at her before glancing in the direction where the den stood nearby. <b>"I... should probably check up on Jayse,"</b> he then said quietly, returning his gaze to her. <b>"And... let you be."</b>

His tail gave a small wag, <b>"It was a pleasure to meet you Elettra and I'm glad you've come to join us."</b></blockquote>