Google, Bing

A mirage of our own — Lost Lake 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Xiaoge who has 55 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Alphinaud Lothaire
@Kajika sorry for the long wait ^^
[---]

A leaf was falling down. A northern wind blew it high up in the air. And it would sail, through the skies and beyond. It would land and rise as the wind would bring it back to life, bring it further till it’s final destiny. The leaf went into the mountains, over a white creature and landed in a lake. Water rippled under its landing, breaking the mirage of the sky that it presented.

Alphinaud stood before a mirage of dreams, for he had never seen such a sight. Like a world beyond his own gave him a glimpse of what it held. Yet the world he saw in the depths of the water was his own. A world he was born and raised in. And with time he would rule over the world. No, he would be the world. If only he could be part of this place that was so utterly beautiful. Then a leaf dropped, breaking the mirror of the sky. Light blues rippled and the clouds and sun became distorted. The white male sighed in satisfaction as he looked over the lake, to the higher mountain tops. He had been in the mountains before, during his travels he was forced to cross several. Although not all were as pleasant, he could never feel despise for the mighty rocks. The sight it gave him made him feel the king of the world. And now the lonely king felt his coat flutter with the summer breeze on a sunny day. He hadn’t thought about crossing the mountain, merely taking a peak before moving on. Who had known he would fall to such a place. A hidden lake seemingly deserted but the scents around the water denied that illusion. Within this unknown territory he couldn’t say for sure that he was alone. He had smelled pack not far from here, but he was glad they had not claimed this beautiful place. Now he could enjoy this moment in peace. Also, see if there waters were alive with fish. Although he doubted it, the lake didn’t seem connected with any streams for fish to come this way. Who knows, maybe he was wrong. He wouldn’t mind to be proven wrong this time.
Played by Kai who has 1,185 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis
No worries

After meeting Des for their training session and the very serious conversation Kajika had made the decision to not leave Lost Lake as quickly as he'd done in the past.  Sticking close to the lake he would be close enough to see Des when he wanted but not too close that he would be encroaching on her packs borders.  Kajika didn't feel it would be wise to make such an impolite gesture if he did make the choice that he was sure Des wanted him to make.

Once he and Des had parted ways Kajika had returned to the lake. Once there he found a suitable den site close to where he and Des usually stayed. It would do for a few days at least while he considered his options.  He'd spent most of his first day there sleeping or fishing in the lake when he became hungry.

On his second day there when he woke he noticed a newcomer on the shore of the little lake.  He watched the white figure for a while curious what he was up to before he finally left his den site.  He stretched the sleep off before be finally approached the male.  His senses told him this male didn't belong to Des's pack.  "What brings you to this place?" He questioned as he stopped a few feet behind the male, "Are you lost?"

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Jun 21, 2015, 10:09 PM by Kajika.)
[Image: qvkpXWl.png]
Please see OOC Profile for OOC Preferences, Thank you.
Inactive No Rank
Alphinaud Lothaire
It was the sounds of nails against stone and dust that made Alphinaud aware of the black movement in the corner of his eye. Where the wolf came from was unclear for him. Seriously wolves appeared out of nowhere in this place, like moles popping out from the ground. The image curled his lips in a tiny smile. Alphinaud looked at the stranger as he approached his side. The darker variant was larger with browns and blacks covering his whole body. Only his eyes were of a lighter amber hue. Would this stranger live within these mountains? It was not like he did not know packs or wolves who made their den within the hard rocks of the mountains. He always thought the life up here was more dangerous, more challenging than beneath. There were less sources for food, shelter and basically everything. And he had passed places where a heap of rocks, dust and sand had blocked one of his paths. The heap had smelled like death and rotting meat, it had cleared the illusion of living in the mountains. Even coming down could take days on end if you did not know the way.
A few feet from Alphinaud the black male stopped.  ‘Simply discovering and passing through. I can’t say I’m exactly lost, but I certainly did not expect this place.’ He shrugged a bit. Actually he wasn’t sure how long he would remain in the mountains. Maybe a short trip to the other side to get a peek of what was over there, but he was planning to explore more on the west side first.  ‘What about you? Between the two of us you seem to belong here more than I do.’ Then again he was a tenderfoot in this area and didn’t belong anywhere in these lands. Maybe with time if he found a place to his liking he could stay and mix those scents in his pelt. For now he would be just a travelling stranger. A possible friend or enemy.

335 words

{ ooc notes - -
regular text -

thought text

- talking text
(This post was last modified: Jun 26, 2015, 12:16 PM by Alphinaud.)
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Waking up in the place that he normally shared with Des was different without her there by his side but it wasn’t a bad different.  He felt better and less worried after meeting with Des and being close by in case she needed him for anything made it easier. Not like he had felt after his last night on Turtleback lake which told him a lot about where he was with his life and in some ways helped him in the decision that he knew it was finally time for him to make. For the first time in a while he didn't wake up hungry which meant he could give more attention the stranger that had appeared on the shore of the lake.  Not wanting to start any trouble he approached cautiously with his head held low till he could get a feel for the male’s temperament.  He'd also given some space as he spoke inquiring to the newcomers business.  If he was lost Kajika felt he could help him since he had done some traveling in the area.  As it turned out the lighter male wasn't lost just passing through.

Kajika chuckled a little at the man's words, "I felt the same when I discovered this place the first time. It sort of appeared when I needed it most." As well as Des though he didn't voice that. Instead he slowly though keeping alert made his way to the lake where he drank as the man spoke once more.  "I do, do I? I will admit it does take a little getting used to being in the mountains but I'm visiting for a few days myself. Not ready to move on just yet. You’re welcome to stay as long as you need if you’re in search of a place to rest awhile. I don't mind sharing the offerings the lake has."  After all he didn’t have any claim to it but it didn’t think that it would harm anything to let the newcomer know that Kajika didn’t mind his presence.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Jun 27, 2015, 12:22 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Alphinaud Lothaire
The brown stranger was friendly enough. Not defensive by nature like Ziigwan or short mouthed and straightforward like Miskwaa. It was interesting to meet a wholeheartedly friendly face as it was quite rare under rogues. They were often cautious after years of rogue life and the life without someone having your back. But it was not bad to meet more wolves like this, it felt a bit less tiring when someone obviously friendly come to your side. Because he in turn didn’t have to be cautious about the possible threat of this guy jumping his throat. And good conversations always energized him for a whole day. ‘I was getting thirsty when I found this lake. It is a good thing I found it, I don’t think this mountain hold a lot of water besides this lake. Would be a pain to travel back with a dry throat.’ He shrugged with a little smile. Alphinaud’s face fell into surprise at the wolf’s words. He was used to friendly wolves who shared their findings or collaborated in a hunt. But he looked at the black lake which seemed to have an endless bottom. ‘Thanks for the offering, that is very welcoming of you. But I find it hard to believe that this lake holds animals. Although I won’t say no to a fish.’ Like he would ever say no to food. That was not a privilege he had. ‘I’m Alphinaud Lothaire, I would be honored to be your acquaintance.’ He spoke with a dip of his head and a smile. He wouldn’t mind to have this stranger on his good side.  

269 words

{ ooc notes - -
regular text -

thought text

- talking text
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

Kajika remembered the day he had first come to find the lake as they spoke about finding the lake when they needed it most.  He remembered the day he'd found the lake for the first time and how much he'd needed that day after traveling so long.  A few gulps of the cool water quenched his morning thirst allowing him to give the newcomer his full attention.   He sat back on his haunches as the stranger spoke about the water in the mountains and gave a nod in agreement. "It is most definitely a nice surprise when your thirsty and in need of water. I think you are right though about there not being much water in these mountains.  I have not found any on the paths I have taken through this land." Offering to share the place he'd chosen to stay as well as the lake and fish in it wasn't something that Kajika had to think very hard about.  There was plenty to go around for the both of them for a few days and he wasn't really the type to turn away a wolf who might be in need.  "You're welcome but I truly don't mind.  I can assure you though there is an abundance of fish in this lake," he said glancing up at the sky then back to the snowy pelted male, "Though it might be a bit early for them yet.  It's best to get them when they are feeding."  Kajika smiled when the male introduced himself, "Kajika Tallis it's my pleasure to make your acquaintance."  It was always good to meet new wolves especially when being out on one's own for a while.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Jul 11, 2015, 05:35 AM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Alphinaud Lothaire
‘You’re very kind Kajika.’ Alphinaud smiled with sincerity. His eyes went to the lake which seemed unmoving. ‘I would love to fish once the hour is right. Maybe you could help me? I’m not very specialized in catching fish.’ He had grown up in the woods, streams were their main water source. Not exactly the best fishing spot. His mother had brought him and his sister to a river for a few times. Once to cross to the other side of the lands during winter when the river became a frozen bridge. It had been something new, exciting and kind of slippery. But lots of fun. The second time it was to teach them how to fish. So to say it went pretty okay, the slippery fish was very different from a running rabbit. Both were quite a hard catch for a younger wolf. Right now he was not so sure. It had been moons since he had fished for a meal and if he did it were rivers. Not deep lakes that seemed void of any kind of life with its unmoving waters.

Alphinaud took the liberty to sit down. His bum touching the dust earth as he sighed. Amber eyes curiously looked at Kajika. ‘If you don’t mind, why are you still here? Is this your home or just resting up to travel further?’ Phin could hardly imagine anyone wanting to live here. The sight was stunning and there might be enough fish to eat a full belly. But frankly it seemed to be everything but exciting up here. Of course, he was just a foreigner, what would he know?

261 words

{ ooc notes - -
regular text -

thought text

- talking text
Inactive No Rank
Kajika Tallis

“Why Thank you,” he stated when Alphinaud told him that he was kind.  He returned the males smile, he was happy that he could offer this wolf some help even if it was only a little bit. Then he was being asked if he could help with catching fish.  A smile crossed his features once more as he thought about the day that he had taught Des about fishing. “I could definitely help you out when the hour is right of course.”  He didn’t mind helping to catch the fish or even teaching the newcomer to catch them himself if that was what he desired. It was what he had come to this place to do.  He wondered what sort of student Alphinaud might be if he did ask to be taught to fish.  His thoughts drifted back to Des for a moment.

He was brought from them when he was asked why he was there.  “I don’t mind,” he stated, “Resting is part of it.  I have just returned from a journey north.  I have a friend in these woods and I came to see her but I am also considering joining her pack and I don’t want to travel far before I have made up my mind about it,” he explained.  He didn’t plan to leave the lake until he had a decision, he knew that he it was past time that he made up his mind.

~Table by Ace
(This post was last modified: Jul 20, 2015, 11:46 PM by Kajika.)
Inactive No Rank
Alphinaud Lothaire

This was perfect.

Alphinaud was not sure if he would have managed to hunt into the rough terrain Kajika and he were right now. Running after one of the rams uphill seemed not only tiring but it made him wary. He was no mountain wolf and creating a landslide or be caught in one was the last thing in his mind. He hadn’t lived as a rogue for over a year to just die due his carelessness. He had been close to being killed. regular text -

Let’s not repeat that process.

Kajika would help him fish and with two wolves they might actual catch enough fish to satisfy their belly. Enough to kill the slowly creeping nag of his stomach for food, Alphinaud wasn’t picky he just wanted something between his teeth. Preferable something eatable. ‘How long do you think we have to wait, before they are close enough to fish them out?’
The artic wolf stared hard at the water surface. As if his glare would scare the fish right out of the water. Obviously nothing happened.

One of his white ears perked up at Kajika’s information. So his fellow rogue was planning to join a pack. Well it was a smarter choice than roaming all over the place. Summer wouldn’t stay forever and the sun would turn cold at some point. Better to be part of a pack to drive away the cold compared to being alone and hugging yourself to decent body temperature. ‘Hmm I wonder how many packs are out here.’ He mused out loud. ‘Did you know there is a pack located near Fireweed Rise.’ It was more a statement than a real question. A exchange in useful information, at least that was how Phin saw it. An eye of an eye. ‘What makes you doubt my friend? A pack has a lot of advantages over being a loner.’ Phin stared at the amber eyes with curiosity.

320 words

{ ooc notes - -
regular text -

thought text

- talking text
(This post was last modified: Jul 24, 2015, 03:17 PM by Alphinaud.)
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a moose carcass that has been scavenged by coyotes nearby. +15 Health