Ruins of Wildwood
eyes of an angel - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore IV (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=99)
+---- Thread: eyes of an angel (/showthread.php?tid=6149)

Pages: 1 2

Re: - Spirit of Wildwood - Jan 11, 2014

[dohtml]

Look Out!

There is a family of deer nearby. Hunt Opportunity

[/dohtml]

RE: eyes of an angel - Maksim - Jan 18, 2014

[dohtml]

Maksim Baranski was very much a family man—he had grown up free from abuse and well loved. Tales of those who had less fortunate circumstances as cubs often pained him. The alabaster wolf's story was a difficult one to process. He knew that, very rarely, cubs were killed (though it caused him a great sense of disgust to think about) in harsh times where entire packs were struggling. That didn't justify it, though, and as the fiery eyed loner went on the River leader found himself repulsed by the actions her father had gone through with. Attempting to kill one's own child and succeeding in the murder of their mate? They were not of sane mind, that much was for certain. Maksim held nothing but love in his heart for his own father. There was no hatred, nor was there pain, only the deepest of respect. His father had raised him as a boy and moulded him into the leader he was today, after all.

Regardless of his personal feelings towards the male who had sired him, the agouti beast remained silent as the loner finished her tale. The ending came as a surprise, though: she had killed her father for revenge. His gaze remained steely, fixed on the survivor before him, until he felt Kisla press her shoulder against him. For a moment his softened, welcomed the touch, though he was quick to regain himself as leader before their company could notice. As he did so, the scent of deer allured him, caused him to lift his muzzle briefly to inhale the enticing smell. Saliva pooled in his mouth at the thought of a real meal and replenishing the pack's cache. It was then an idea was born in the River leader's head—there would be a test. “That's quite an answer you've given, miss” he remarked, “one that I have no reason to doubt.” To question the truth behind such a series of events could be disrespectful and that was not something Maksim would risk. “Tell me your name and tell me if you will hunt to earn your spot in Cut Rock River.” He glanced to Kisla briefly, his vibrant gaze hopeful, before returning to the loner. “There is deer nearby,” he explained, “and I intend to bring one down for the pack.” This was her task. Would she help? Or would she walk away?

[/dohtml]

RE: eyes of an angel - Athena - Jan 20, 2014

[dohtml]

With the silence that followed her speech, her mind began to wander and she tried to figure out why when she tried to remember her past, she felt so much pain and confusion. She had never had this problem before, so why was it happening now at such an important time? Deep in her jut, her intuition was telling her something was wrong, but all she could do is shrug it off for now. Maybe it was the hungry that gnawed at her insides and made everything hurt within her body. Putting her worries aside, she focused on the dusted paws of the noble leader before her. His judgement would soon come and she couldn't be focused on something else and be disrespectful of his valuable time. He could be during something else of much more importance to him than wasting his time accepting another hungry mouth to feed witching his pack. With small game becoming rare, it was a sure sign of rugged winter ahead. So if she wanted to survive this winter though, she needed this pack. She needed him.

The vigorous voice of the male broke the silence. Her snow dusted ears perked forward with interest. She had told him no falsehoods within her story as far as she knew and she was pleased that he thought so as well. That part of her past was still firmly within her mind, however she didn't know there was a large chunk of her life missing, but she didn't know any better. If she had known exactly where her scars came from and what fights she had been in recently, she would have willingly told him so. Though, that was not so. When he spoke of a hunt, she was reminded of her gnawing hunger and her mind was already made up for her. "I am Athena Moon," she began, "and I will do anything for a place within your family." Athena vowed, her heart and body ready to follow him wherever he led her.

[/dohtml]