Ruins of Wildwood
Whitestone Monadnock Pack Thread - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Relic Lore VI (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=144)
+---- Thread: Whitestone Monadnock Pack Thread (/showthread.php?tid=12275)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Whitestone Monadnock Pack Thread - Spirit of Wildwood - May 27, 2016

[dohtml]

Whitestone Monadnock Pack Thread

This is the Pack Interaction Thread for the Whitestone Monadnock pack. This thread is open to all Whitestone Monadnock wolves. The location of this thread is outside the pack den. Because this is a Pack thread, it cannot be archived or removed for inactivity. This serves as a place for basic and general social gathering. However, it will not serve as a place for pack meetings or threads with a specific purpose. For more information, please see THIS informational thread.

[/dohtml]

RE: Whitestone Monadnock Pack Thread - Lorcan - Jul 21, 2016

[dohtml]
It was almost midnight by the time Lorcan finally arrived back within the pack’s territory, having taken him an hour or so to travel back through the lowlands and climb up the steep cliff-side of the monadnock. Whilst his mission to catch some hares had failed miserably, the young male was now intent on carrying out a new task. His encounter with Askan on the lowlands had left him with an uneasy feeling in his gut and the subordinate considered it his best option to tell someone about it, more specifically, @Craw. Even if his alpha thought nothing of it, Lorcan would be able to sleep soundly knowing that he had told somebody about his worries and concerns. At least this way he could not be scolded for withholding information from anyone, should in the future, this situation surrounding the dark-haired brute turn out to be of some significance to the Whitestone Monadnock Pack.

As he traipsed up quietly to the entrance of the main den, he peered around in the immediate area anxiously, golden eyes searching through the dark. “Craw, are you there?” He whispered loudly, hoping not to disturb the sleeping pups, as he stood there waiting for his alpha to make an appearance.
[/dohtml]

RE: Whitestone Monadnock Pack Thread - Craw - Jul 21, 2016

Where he may have normally been curled up in the den alongside the others, tonight had not offered much opportunity for easy sleep. Rather than be restless and frustrated, he had chosen to enjoy the moonlit view from the monadnock. What peace of mind he had not been able to achieve inside came more readily out here, sat just beyond the white boulders which glittered in the day. His mind was beginning to fuzz with tiredness when the sound of his name snapped him back into keen focus.

Heaving himself up, he stepped just enough around the nearest rock so that he would be visible, spotting the desaturated shape of @Lorcan lingering in the dark. "What is it?"

RE: Whitestone Monadnock Pack Thread - Lorcan - Jul 21, 2016

[dohtml]
Lorcan felt his body jump when the sound of Craw's voice replied out from the dark. Turning his head, golden eyes searching for the familiar shape of his alpha in the shadows, and upon finding him immediately approached, head bowing down low respectfully. "Sorry to bother you, Sir." He whispered, his voice growing a little deeper in seriousness.

"I've just returned from the lowlands, where I spoke to someone named Askan." He began, hoping that he wasn't wasting Craw's time. "I am probably worrying over nothing, but, he asked me if I belonged to a pack - and when I said I did, he said he also had assets nearby." His face screwed up awkwardly, thinking that he sounded stupid for even talking about it now. "I don't really know what he meant by that - and he also mentioned that there were other packs nearby, but I'm sure you're already aware of those.." Lorcan grimaced awkwardly as his voice trailed off into silence and he turned his gaze to the ground.

Looking back up to Craw, he shook his head in dismissal. "Sorry - this is silly... I just thought I should tell you... I'll let you get back to whatever it was you were doing..." He fell silent, ears falling back against his head and waited, expecting to hear Craw laugh and then dismiss him away.
[/dohtml]

RE: Whitestone Monadnock Pack Thread - Craw - Jul 22, 2016

Ignoring Lorcan's meekness and apologies (for while they were largely unnecessary, he was hardly about to encourage his subordinate to be less submissive, and they would have certainly cooled his temper had the interruption been unwelcome), Craw's ears swivelled forward in growing attentiveness. The dark hid almost everything save for ambiguous shapes, and certainly any subtleties of expression would have been lost on each other - so where Craw could well hear Lorcan's state of mind, the spider's silence would have given the subordinate no such cues.

The moment the name 'Askan' fell from Lorcan's lips, though, Craw was hooked.

Lorcan's lack of self-confidence when it came to recognising potentially important information would have to be addressed at a later date. When Craw spoke, it was with none of the dismissive attitude the subordinate expected. This was pack business - and pack business was always important. "No - it is good you came to me with this. Askan. So the sour little bastard managed to find someone to put up with him... How close are they?"

RE: Whitestone Monadnock Pack Thread - Lorcan - Jul 22, 2016

[dohtml]
When Craw didn't laugh at him or turn him away for wasting his time, Lorcan grew all the more serious. Golden eyes widened as Craw repeated the name back to him, seemingly familiar with it. Had they met before? Lorcan tilted his head from one side to the other, neither agreeing or disagreeing with his alpha's suspicions that the dark-haired brute had been taken in by someone, or a group of wolves. The young male could neither confirm or deny it, so, believing Craw to much more adept at situations like these, being older than himself, Lorcan remained in neutral silence. "I'm not entirely sure, Sir. It was only him out on the lowlands." He said, a little annoyed with himself that he hadn't tried to get more information out of him now that he was aware that Craw was indeed interested. "He seemed to know of the river at the palisade, like he'd been there before - but it didn't sound like he'd visited there for a while." His speech fell silent. He had nothing left to offer for information, for he knew only vague snippets of detail that he had managed to pick out from his conversations with Askan. "That's all I know..." Lorcan admitted, moving in to step closer to Craw to find out what he would do next.
[/dohtml]

RE: Whitestone Monadnock Pack Thread - Craw - Jul 25, 2016

His jaw clenched in disappointment that there was not a lot more detail to be had, but it was no problem. This was already more information than they had had previously. Sensing @Lorcan's step forward, Craw did the same, moving towards the man and brushing his chin over Lorcan's muzzle and forehead with a grateful rumble. "You did good."

Now stood closer to the den, Craw glanced towards it, barely able to make out the darkened hole among the dark ground - but he didn't need to be able to see it. He chuffed once in its direction, not caring if he woke more than who he wanted. "@Greer, @Celandine," he called with a gruff hush, hoping for at least one of them to be awake enough to answer without needing a more rousing nudge.

RE: Whitestone Monadnock Pack Thread - Celandine - Jul 28, 2016

[dohtml]

She'd been about to turn in when Craw's voice disrupted the cricket's songs. Changing course from her usual spot toward's the man, Celandine emitted a chuff of acknowledgment, letting him know that she was on her way. Gods, she came when he called. If he told her to jump, she supposed she might have asked how high. Such a pathetic image of her former self. The woman didn't even attempt to stop her eyes as they rolled. 

Coming upon the scene, she'd found Greer already there. Of course he'd beat her. He was usually up late too, wasn't he? Paying no mind to Lorcan, she set her sights on Craw. "You're up late." 

[/dohtml]

RE: Whitestone Monadnock Pack Thread - Lorcan - Jul 28, 2016

[dohtml]
Lorcan wagged his tail in acknowledgement to Craw's appraisal as his alpha moved in to brush his chin over his muzzle. A soft purr rumbled in his throat at the action of affirmation. When Craw turned to look over to the den and call out for some other pack members, Lorcan lowered his haunches to sit comfortably nearby the den, contented to be the silent bystander as they waited for his fellow pack mates to arrive. He was somewhat surprised to hear a chuff in the air, as one of the members confirmed their approach, having half-expected all the other pack members to be curled up comfortably within the main den at this time of night. But, then again, he supposed their whereabouts didn’t matter, so long as they were within hearing distance and turned up in a reasonable time.

Black nostrils flared when he heard someone approach. Golden eyes strained through the darkness, managing to catch a glimpse of the shadowy figure that now dipped its head towards them respectfully. Silver eyes briefly glanced towards him and Lorcan responded with a small yip in greeting to Greer. The second one to arrive was easier to spot, with their pale coat. Celandine offered him no greeting and so Lorcan remained silent and settled down quietly, content to observe the conversation between the three other wolves.
[/dohtml]

RE: Whitestone Monadnock Pack Thread - Greer - Jul 30, 2016

reposting because i replied under wrong account ;___; greer arrives before cela, sorry guys! xx

[dohtml]

Greer had been lurking atop the monadnock, unable to sleep. The darkness was as close to him as Morganna and his mother were; it was his kin and he thrived beneath its cool embrace. While he could hear the murmur of voices nearby he did not move closer until he was beckoned by his alpha. He did not respond immediately, for he did not want Craw and the newcomer to think he was eavesdropping, but he made haste as he approached the two. Dipping his head in greeting he turned his attention briefly to the yellow-eyed stranger before returning to his focus to he spider, his head tilted to the side as if to say, you rang?

[/dohtml]