Ruins of Wildwood
Wild Rye Fields grand finale - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Incompleted Relic Lore (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: Wild Rye Fields grand finale (/showthread.php?tid=17649)

grand finale - Laike - May 14, 2018

@Jessie || Morning, Overcast Clouds, 59 ° F, 15 ° C

[dohtml]
Laike Artemieva

His last few days had been rather eventful. A scouting trip had turned into saving @Inna and while he truly wished he could have done more for her, he had his own situation back home. He figured his own wife would be due any day now (or so he hoped, unsure of how much longer either of them could wait) along with the leader duties he needed to attend to.

The large male had made sure to keep checking on the caches and borders, worry almost always gripping his features. If he wasn't already scattered with grey hairs one might have been able to joke that he was going to turn grey. Perhaps he'd turn all grey once the season was over. The thought summoned a soft roll of his eyes.

Perhaps he could find something to occupy his bustling thoughts at the oak tree.

[/dohtml]

RE: grand finale - Jessie - May 15, 2018

[dohtml]

She returned from a scouting trip searching for a new herd they could take down. The Rye Queen did not get very far in her expedition, her discoveries disturbing. In her haste to block out the shifting world around her and focus on stablizing herself and the pack, she had been negligent towards the world outside the Rye borders. Heavy was the scent of coyote, decreasing their pack's chances of even attempting to go on a pack hunt in the future. She would not want to risk anyone getting injured nor did she want to put Adelayde's children in danger.

She was making a beeline for the oak tree, content with getting some rest before she confronted anyone about her findings. Her bones screamed and ached with each step she took - a reminder that she was no longer in her prime. When she arrived though, it seemed that another was headed in the same direction as she. Lips pressed together in a thin line as she turned to her partner, nodding to him in greeting. The man had gone away for a few days. While she was use to Drestig telling her when he went out, she knew that it might take a while for the two of them to find their niche, so she wasn't complaining. Grey ears twitched forward, "Laike, how was your trip?" Adelayde would be delivering soon, so it was no surprise that he returned.

[/dohtml]

RE: grand finale - Laike - Jun 04, 2018

[dohtml]
Laike Artemieva
i remember, i remember the days
when i'd make you oh so afraid

He returned a polite nod to the peppered female. They may have been equals but he still held a massive amount of respect for her and knew that in a way, he still ranked below - perhaps in a knowledge-based way.

It was...something else. Ran into a rather bold group of coyotes and a few familiar faces. A sigh left him and a soft shake of his head was given. I'm not sure what's getting into the little buggers. The large male had run into them before but they had never seemed so lively. Usually a small display of dominance could run them off, sadly that hadn't worked back in the old Hearthwood River grounds.

Orange gaze looked over to Jessie briefly before looking back towards the oak tree. Can I...ask you something? It's about Adelayde, about the pregnancy really. It felt awkward but he didn't know who else to ask as neither he nor Adelayde had ever been through this before.

[/dohtml]

RE: grand finale - Jessie - Jun 04, 2018

[dohtml]

The Rye Queen hummed in agreement, Laike only confirming her own findings. It was odd that the scent of coyote should be so poignant. It was no comfort that their numbers were currently low with the loss of their healer, another subordinate that had come and gone like the wind, and the death of her mate. Jessie let out a heavy sigh, her mind racing as she tried to come up with a strategy as to what they could do. There were only so many of them and with Adelayde pregnant, it gave them limited options. In the end, Laike broke her from her thoughts. Eyebrows shot up in question, turning back to her male counterpart. She offered him a small smile, one that did not quite reach her eyes. She hoped her response was reassuring enough, "Of course. What's on your mind?" This is what being a leader was about, wasn't it? Ensuring that her pack mates were happy and that all was well. She supposed that if this is what pack life was about, then she could do it. Especially if it distracted her from thinking about all she had lost.

[/dohtml]

RE: grand finale - Laike - Jun 26, 2018

[dohtml]
Laike Artemieva
i remember, i remember the days
when i'd make you oh so afraid

While the smile might not have reached her eyes, Laike knew that if she hadn't been up for the conversation she likely wouldn't have accepted his question. The Artemieva had quickly learned she was not one to beat around the bush so he respected her enough to do the same.

How will I know when it's time? And how could I maybe make things easier for her? It was obvious he wanted to do the best he possibly could. His wife meant the world to him and anyone with a working set of eyes or ears could be able to tell that. So it should have been no surprise that the his soon-to-be children would mean just as much to him as well. Laike wanted to do everything he could in his power to make sure nothing went wrong.

[/dohtml]

RE: grand finale - Jessie - Jul 16, 2018

[dohtml]

Laike was quick to ask his questions. The Tainn observed him with what could have been interpretted as respect. Jessie could always appreciate a man who wanted to better himself and did not mind asking others for help in the process - especially if it involved their partner. Unfortunately, for this topic, there was not much advice the monochrome woman could give. Thin lips pursed together and emerald eyes stared up at the larger man. Her voice was soft when she spoke, "I'm sorry, but there's not a lot I can tell you. You'll just know when it happens. It's like a switch is flipped internally and all of a sudden you know what's going on - like instinct." The mother was no longer staring at her co-lead but at the oak tree that had given her comfort at marking this place as her home. "Just make her as comfortable as you can, and do what she says, because she'll be in a lot of pain." At this she glanced over and offered him a slight smile.

[/dohtml]