Ruins of Wildwood
House for Souls - Printable Version

+- Ruins of Wildwood (https://relic-lore.net)
+-- Forum: Library (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+--- Forum: Game Archives (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Forum: Incompleted Relic Lore (https://relic-lore.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=22)
+---- Thread: House for Souls (/showthread.php?tid=6310)

Pages: 1 2

RE: House for Souls - Anouke - Jan 27, 2014

@Silver

[dohtml]

The dark female was silent for a minute before replying with “Only a few weeks, you?” He mentally nodded at her last word, which asked him the same question in less words. From her reactions, she seemed to have some sort of power within her that was either very weak, or still needed to be unlocked, and he intended to find out. Raising his eyes to meet hers, he gave another small, friendly smile – which he hated doing – and spoke. “A month or two.” In that time frame he had met very few wolves, as he waited for his strength to return before reverting to his old devious ways.

An amused smirk lifted the corners of his lips, showing just the tips of his canines, at her words. She spoke the words that he had been thinking, though in more words that was necessary. Clambering to his feet, the Young Hellion followed her to the carcass, looking it over. It had already been pillaged by something large with claws and teeth, so if they ate what they wanted, it wouldn’t look like they had. When they were finished eating they could bring it back to the pack for the others. It was a win-win situation.

Anouke snickered softly at Silver’s ‘order’ for him to take the first bite, most likely so that if they were caught she could say he’d eaten first, but it seemed they both would hold onto the secret, and so he acted to her wishes, sinking his jaws into the hide of the deer and groaning softly as the taste filled his mouth. It was the most delicious thing that he had eaten in months, and there would be no regrets if they were found out eating before providing for the pack. He didn’t follow all laws and orders, and that one was definitely never followed. Why should he wait for others to eat before him? It was ridiculous.

Freezing when the dark female threatened to blackmail him if he let anyone know of what happened, he gave her another once-over. She hadn’t physically changed since the first sight of her, but in his mind she had become less like a pawn, and was one step closer to being a Rook, and if she continued to surprise him, she could raise higher to a Queen, though he doubted she could get that far, no one had managed so far. The more they talked, the more she seemed to prove herself, even though she didn’t realize it. No one did until he told them, and first he would need to gain her trust and see if she was worthy.

Grinning at her, the Young Hellion changed his demeanor slightly to show more of his true self than his other self, which he had put on when others were near. Just the slightest change in his body language; ears twisted a mere centimeter towards her, neck arched to look down at her, tail raised the slightest amount that it wouldn’t be noticed much. He needed to have her know who he was, or part of him, before he could get her to do anything, so she knew how important the tasks were. But he would do it gradually, so she wouldn’t think he was trying to show dominance over her. Otherwise his whole plan would backfire, and he’d be left at square one.

565 Words

I do it because I can,
I can because I want to,
I want to because you made me.

[/dohtml]

RE: House for Souls - Silver - Jan 27, 2014

@Anouke
[dohtml]

Speech!

Silver took a few more bites. Watching Anouke out of the corner of her golden eye. Once she had her fill she pulled away. It seemed Anouke had different plans then chit-chat. He changed his posture by the slightest bit and all she could do was smile. "I respect you Mr. Khasekhemre" A few simple words. Why did he bother? Couldn't he tell she respected him from the start? Or was that not obvious? Maybe it wasn't, but for some reason she held a certain respect for the younger fella. There was a certain 'spunk' about his devilish charm she liked. Although she had been through hell these last few months he might be able to change things for her.

Moving farther from the carcass she took a seat. "I'm assuming this is the part where you question me on why I respect you?" Silver laughed lightly with a sort of devilish way to it. Anouke was quite the male. Both in looks and his thinking. It was obvious that in some ways they might think alike. Then it was also obvious that in someways they might clash. But didn't everyone have their downfalls with someone?

In one small motion Silver shook her shoulders to shake off the snow that was stacking on her. Watching it drift down and off of her she smiled. The winter was a rebirth for them all. To see who was strong and live, or to see who was weak and would die. So far it looked like she was going to live.

[/dohtml]

RE: House for Souls - Anouke - Jan 28, 2014

Crappy short post >.<
@Silver

[dohtml]

Pulling his dark muzzle away from the carcass – which was stained with red – he began to groom his fur, to get rid of the evidence so the others would have no clue what happened. As he moved from his muzzle to his neck, Anouke froze at the dark female’s words, slowly shifting his bright amber gaze to her own golden orbs. Staring openly with a slightly raised eyebrow, an amused smirk lifted the corners of his lips, showing the slightly red canines that had previously torn at the deer carcass. No wolf had ever said anything like that to him, and he was surprised, but also pleased by her words. Respect was power, and power could be used to get what one wanted. In that case, it meant she could be used for more than mere errands, if she chose to.

Stepping back from the deer carcass, the Young Hellion shook out his coat, sending hundreds of tiny, crystalline snowflakes into the air where they slowly drifted down to the snow-covered ground. A soft, devilish chuckle emitted from his slightly parted jaws as Silver assumed he would ask why she respected him, but he did not need to. She respected him because she needed to, he gave off a vibe of knowing things and how to use it for himself; if a wolf did not respect him then they were foolish. But, for the sake of knowledge, he would ask, only to get the finer details of why she respected him.

Canting his dark head, he sat down, facing the dark female with a sly curve to his lips that partially showed a few of his incisors. His eyes were locked on hers, and he sat almost perfectly still, save for the slight twitch of his ears every now and then. After a few moments of silence, Anouke opened his jaws and spoke in a partially condescending and mocking tone. Why do you respect me?” Putting a slight emphasis on some of his words, his eyes flashed and a devilish grin appeared on his face. Her answer should be interesting, for he had never been asked or asked a question like that. He had never had to, and he was only humoring Silver because it was a chance to gain invaluable information.

382 Words

I do it because I can,
I can because I want to,
I want to because you made me.

[/dohtml]

RE: House for Souls - Silver - Jan 31, 2014

@Anouke
"Why do you respect me?” Silver had a few reasons she would be willing to tell him. Oh but where to start? She had an idea. "You seem to have a smart head on your shoulders, and that is something I can respect." Licking her tainted lips she smiled wickedly at Anouke. "You are also of large size, and I am not an idiot. I would't dare mess with you." Anouke was a rather large beast and Silver wouldn't dare step in his way if he was angered. She didn't doubt her own power but nor did she doubt his.

Looking into his amber eyes she felt amazed by the gleam in them. Why was he able to sweep in and boss her around like this? Was it just because of his size? Whatever it was she was amazed and worried about it. Amazed because only few had ever really bossed her around, then worried about it because he might be able to use it to his advantage. Anouke could easily use her as a pawn in a large game of chess. Though maybe if there was something in it for her she would go along with it. Besides, maybe she could use this to start new. Get away from all those nightmares that haunted her at night. Although she had tried many times Secret Woodlands could be the best place to hide two sides to her. The evil and the good.