Google, Bing, Apollo, Juniper, Chan

House for Souls
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Becca who has 285 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Silver
@Anouke <3

Speak!

Silver had been slowly becoming more comfortable with Secret Woodlands. So here she sat near the borders of the packs lands. Although she was proud to call herself a Secret Woodland wolf, she was disappointed she hadn't seen to many faces around. This was partially her fault. Okay. Her fault and her's only. Silver was nervous about what the others would think about her. Would they see her as a threat to the pack? Just another mouth to feed?

Rising to her feet she sniffed around. Nothing but the scents of members. The winter still here meaning the food was still gone. Why did she even bother? Silver knew better then to try and look for food. It would only bring her down with thoughts of not being able to provide the pack. Yet who could provide in these harsh conditions? While the thoughts of everyone having, not just her new home, having to starve lightened the load on her shoulders something was still weighing her down.

As the snow started to stack on her shoulders she shook lightly hoping to lighten the load. Small flakes drifted everywhere landing onto the white snowy ground. Even though the snow meant cold something about it made her smile. With a small wag she started to push the snow around with her nose. Making odd shapes and figures. She wasn't the best snow mover but it was the thought that count, right? Honestly she wouldn't care if someone saw her playing in the snow instead of moving. It was about time she got out of her depressed state and had some fun.

(This post was last modified: Jan 26, 2014, 02:09 AM by Silver.)
Played by Melorama who has 101 posts.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Anouke Khasekhemre
Anouke’s an ass, isn’t he? XD
@Silver

The Young Hellion’s breath as he exhaled partly froze in the air, coming out as a cloud of grey that drifted upwards and slowly faded into nonexistence. The cool and unforgiving season that was winter was the harshest of all; it froze everything, chased their food away, and made the landscape white, covering holes in the ground that became a death trap for those that fell into it. Wolves of darker fur were spotted easily, and were targets for wolves who did not care about others, who were half-starved and willing to devour anything. But wolves like him could protect themselves from most things, especially wolves that were half mad and unable to think straight enough to formulate a plan that could bring down their food. It was preposterous for them to think it would work.

As he padded through the thicket, his paws sunk slightly into the snow, pushing the cold slush between his toes, before he lifted them and it dripped back down to the ground, where it awaited for another paw to come down, to repeat the cycle. Eventually, his paws became frozen and numb with cold, so he couldn’t feel them, which was probably a bad thing, but he didn’t care. If he wanted to explore the white thicket surrounding him, he would. There was always the chance to go back to the den and warm up again. He was adventurous, not stupid.

Lifting his dark muzzle up into the air as a cold breeze blew into his face, bringing with it a slight taint on the wind, Anouke pricked his ears and lengthened his stride. It wasn’t often he found wolves wandering around, most of them stayed by the pack den, where it was warmer and they could hide in the dens. But he loved to explore, and those that didn’t were often very boring to exchange words with, though most wolves liked to chat about meaningless things, so boring described almost all of them. A shame really, some of them could have been interesting to talk to.

It was a few minutes in which he followed the scent, weaving through the thicket, that he came upon a dark wolf with its muzzle in the snow, making odd shapes. An amused look crossed his face as he watched the wolf, it seemed to know how to amuse itself, and sometimes that meant they had interesting things to say. His bright amber eyes raked over her body, taking in her form and how she looked. Obviously a female, she sported a black coat, with hints of brown throughout it. She had long legs, and a medium build, not too lithe, but not too bulky either. A good mix. But the most striking feature about her was the golden eyes set into a kind face.

Clearing his throat softly to announce his presence to the dark female – he doubted that she knew he was there as she was still making shapes in the snow with her muzzle – the Young Hellion strode forward a few paces until there was a few wolf lengths between them. Slightly further apart than the normal conversation would be, but he didn’t want to intrude on her personal space. Some females were vicious when that happened, and he had learned the hard way not to do it again. Canting his head to the side, his amused expression mixed with a small smirk on his mouth, he spoke in his richly deep voice, with a hint of a teasing tone. “Having fun, are you?”

He was sure there would be some fun with this encounter.

601 Words

I do it because I can,
I can because I want to,
I want to because you made me.
Inactive Deceased
Silver
I LOVE @Anouke
Speech!

First the scent. Then the sound. "Having fun, are you?" Raising her head to look at the stranger of a pack mate she stared. "I assume so, I needed something to ease the pain in my mind," Offering a smirk Silver looked at him with golden eyes. "My name is Silver, who are you?" Moving a tad bit closer she still left a bit of distance between them for safety. Sure, they were pack mates but Silver still had trust issues. All being sparked by the downfall of The Trail. Yet she had to move on. That was all old news to her hurt mind and soul.

Shaking the snow off of her nose Silver sat down. He was a rather intriguing male. Large, bulky, young. Random colors thrown in here and there. Right leg completely white from knee down. Light creamy brown on his underside. A rather unique mix he had. Examining him for a few moments she took note of those bright amber eyes. She had been fooled by Ace's looks and words to even think about having interest in this male. Besides, he looked to young.

Looking towards the sky little drops of snow fell on her face. Laughing lightly her tail wagged. "Do you enjoy the snow?" Bringing her face down again she returned her golden gaze to his amber gaze. Smiling softly she watched his movements for any sign of harshness. It would probably be best if she shut her trap but it had felt so long sense she talked to someone who wasn't so formal. He was just another member from what she knew.

Inactive V. Subordinate
Anouke Khasekhemre
@Silver

Bright amber eyes watched as the dark female raised her head to look at him, with a smirk on her face. His eyebrows raised infinitesimally at her words, thoughts running through his mind. Pain as in physical, or mental? Eyes raking over her body again, he could detect nothing that would be physically painful, except for the slight thinness that they all had from lack of nourishment, but he did see a scar that run under her right eye, and what looked like faded marks on the side of her muzzle. Had she been in a fight recently? Seemed like it.

When she spoke her name and moved a little closer, he closed his eyes for just a moment. All the wolves that he had met so far – save for Neoma – had given their name up far too quickly. They were too trusting of him, thinking that he was just another wolf. But he wasn’t just any wolf, he was dangerous, and had no qualms about using others to further himself. He didn’t care if others suffered or died from his actions, they were nothing to him. Specks of dust in his eyes that could be used to blind his enemies.

Opening his eyes again, the Young Hellion spoke, announcing his name to Silver before him. She seemed harmless, but there was just something about her that screamed out she had interesting information to share. He would get it from her, one way or another. “I am Anouke Kasekhemre,” he said softly, kindly, carefully. He hated how he had to act like that, as if he was afraid to hurt their feelings, but it was necessary. So he had three words for himself: Deal with it.

Watching interestedly as Silver shook the melting snow from her muzzle and sat down, staring at him with those golden eyes, most likely looking him over, he forced himself to stand normally, and not raise himself to his full glory and push her to the ground. No wolf should look at him like that, and if it was under normal circumstances, she’d already be on the ground and begging for mercy. They did not have his invitation to look over him, spot his weaknesses and strengths, and see his every detail. He was the kind, and they were just lowly wolves who were sent out to do his bidding. But he could not do that, or he would face being kicked out into the snow like a lost puppy and sent to starve. Pride over survival, and he chose life.

Anouke was so deep in thought that it took a few moments for the dark female’s words to register, and he turned his gaze to her, forcing the look on his face to be of amusement and kindness. He did like the snow, the feel of it on his fur, the cool wind that blew into his face and ruffled his fur, but he also hated it. The winter forced him to join a pack, to grovel to the leaders, act like they were above him. It was a love/hate season for him. Smiling widely, showing all his teeth for just a moment; incisors, canines and carnassials, he nodded his head. “It fascinates me.”

Waiting a few moments, he put his thoughts in order, thinking about what he should ask her. Shaking his shoulders to rid the snow that had been piling upon him, he watched the flakes drift down to the ground, before looking back at Silver. “You have any friends or family in the pack?” It was a simple question that should give him some of the information he sought, and he waited patiently – on the outside – for her to answer.

619 Words

I do it because I can,
I can because I want to,
Inactive Deceased
Silver
@Anouke
Anouke. A name she would keep tucked in the back of her mind. With he rest she had remembered. A rather charming male the way he said his words too. Maybe she was looking to deep into his words but it felt like he was something different. Not exactly in a bad way though. Sniffing the air she let a stream of fog from her mouth trail out into the air. It soon disappeared though into the sky to be lost forever.

Listening to his words she shook her head. "No. No friends here or anywhere. No family either. Had a mate but he-" She had to stop. Hung her head. Oh how she hated to be weak but sometimes it just happened. Sighing she went on to speak. "You got friends or family?" Silver was done talking about herself for now. It was time for Anouke to speak. Not that she would push him if he didn't want to. She just thought it would be fair to exchange information equally.

Rising to her feet she felt a sudden need to pace. Though in a slow manner. Walking in small circles she looked to Anouke. "Maybe we should walk and talk. It might be easier for both of us." Without hesitation she turned to walk only hopping that he would follow her. Something was wrong with her. As if something had thrown her on edge. Perhaps it was about her almost mentioning Ace but there was something churning inside of her.

"So tell me, where do you come from? What brought you to Secret Woodlands?" It was two simple questions. Nothing to personal so she felt no need to be shy asking them.
Inactive V. Subordinate
Anouke Khasekhemre
@Silver

When the dark fae shook her head a surprised look crossed his devilishly handsome face, but at her words of having no friends he gave the slightest knowing nod. He had no friends either, not because he had trouble making friends, but because he didn’t need nor want them. Friends were for wolves that were insecure and needed someone to help them with everyday tasks. Allies helped to further goals and plans. Enemies were to be slaughtered and left to rot in the sun. But for weaker wolves, friends were necessities, and though he hated the thought of doing it, he would act like a friend, even if it was just so he didn’t have the whole pack against him.

His ears pricked when she halted her words: "Had a mate but he-” But he what? Die? Left her? Took another mate? It was more than he had hoped for, but he didn’t press her for information, as she hung her head, possibly in shame or regret. If he continued to ask questions she would either grow suspicious or angered, and that would not be good for him in the future if he wanted to know more about her or this so called mate that she had been in love with, or maybe still in love with.

A grin appeared in the Young hellions face as she queried him about having any friends or family. The truth would shock her, but the next reaction wouldn’t be favored, and so he went for a half-truth. “I have not made any friends as of yet as I have only met lone wolves, and so far I haven’t run into many pack mates.” It almost pained him to say the words, but he kept the friendly smile on his face, and even moved his tail back and forth slightly in the ‘wagging’ motion. “But I do have a sister, she is around here somewhere, we split up recently to cover more ground and before we could meet up again winter fell.” It was partly correct.

When Silver suddenly stood up and started walking in small circles a confused look crossed Anouke’s face. Was it how she kept herself calm? But before he could ask she spoke quickly and turned around to walk off; he swiftly followed. She seemed agitated, and he didn’t know why. It annoyed him somewhat, but he didn’t want to ask her or she may just snap at him. Instead, he kept silent as he padded on her right side, slightly behind so she could lead the way. He didn’t care where they went, as long as he got what he wanted.

Smirking, he chuckled softly at the dark female’s next words. Two very simple questions that could be said in two very different ways. But he opted for the simpler, nicer way. “I come from the coast of Canada.” No need to say otherwise, as he would never go there again. Why should he? There was nothing there for him. “I came to Secret Woodlands because of the harshness this winter.” That was also true. If he hadn’t, he would be dead by now.

529 Words

I do it because I can,
I can because I want to,
(This post was last modified: Jan 27, 2014, 12:13 AM by Anouke.)
Inactive Deceased
Silver
@Anouke
Her ears picked up on the crunching of the snow as Anouke followed. “I have not made any friends as of yet as I have only met lone wolves, and so far I haven’t run into many pack mates.” Friends. Something she didn't believe in anymore. "Friends are of no use. They only sit there using you before chewing you up and spitting you out. In all honestly they suck the life out of you and hang you in the sun." Maybe that was a hash way to put it but Silver knew from experience. Ace had done it. Spectre too. Everyone chewed her up to leave her low. No longer did she want 'friends'. Merely acquaintances would satisfy her needs. Whatever needs where left in her anyway.

A sister. Anouke had one. Flicking her tail she moved her head a bit to look at him. "A shame really. I have no siblings. Parents dead." Silver didn't go in to depth on how she killed her Father and her father killed her mother. He didn't need to know about her past just yet. They had just met and she wasn't willing to open up all the way. Why should she anyways? Small talk was easier for her in this state of mind.

Keeping the pace at a slow jog Silver looked around with those golden eyes of her's. No one was around from what she could tell but them. Then Anouke coughed up another answer. "Nice, I hail from Alaska, but I will never return there." And then another answer. "Same." A pure lie but it sounded natural. It was not because of the harshness. It was because of the downfall of Pitch Pine Trail. Well, part of it was because of the harshness but she had kept Whisper Caverns with Miss Narime in mind too. Someone else who she had let down.

Stumbling into a more opened area she stopped for a brief moment. Not interested in anything here she kept moving around the borders. The fog of her breath rolled out like steam from a train. The dark female had nothing left to say. If he had questions he best speak them now while she still was willing to talk. It seemed like all of her energy was put into thinking. Like talking didn't matter. Although Anouke possibly had something important to say she stopped walking again. Sitting down slowly. "Come. Come sit with me." It was all she could say. For a split second it was like all the breath was taken from her lungs before quickly slipping back in.
Played by Staff who has 4,811 posts.
A lynx has left behind the remains of a deer. +5 Health
Inactive V. Subordinate
Anouke Khasekhemre
@Silver

A shocked expression made its way past his calm façade at Silver’s words. Never had he known a wolf such as her to think that way about friends. It was possible that she was half way between being like him, and like others. She could be used to do errands for him, so if something bad happened, he could rely on another wolf to take the blame for him, and in return he would offer her a place among the ranks of the pack he would create, with another female leading beside him. Should she accept his invitation, she would be granted second, above the rest of the females that may have decided to join them. But should she decline, later if she wanted to join, she would be met with fangs and claws and chased off. There was only one chance to join, as two or more chances meant they could just come back, when they didn’t deserve to be among the ranks.

The Young Hellion nodded absently when she remarked on how she had no siblings and her parents were dead. That didn’t matter to him, he had no care about how others felt, but if he didn’t react at all she could take offense to it. Females were very hard to keep happy, so he often just made little reactions like that so they thought he was listening. But as she spoke again, saying how she was from Alaska but wouldn’t return, he fought to keep a scowl off of his face. It definitely wasn’t something that he wanted to know, just useless information that couldn’t be used in any way, but like before, he nodded again.

His bright amber eyes darted to Silvers body as she tripped into a more open area, stopping briefly before continuing. Huffing softly out of annoyance, he followed her reluctantly. He didn’t really care if they walked and talked, or stayed in one place and talked, but he had so many questions that needed answers, and it would be much easier if they weren’t moving. Almost tripping over as the dark fae sat down from his haste to stop, he let out a slight grumble that sounded slightly like a soft cough, before sitting down, sphinx like, facing her.

Staying silent for a few moments, Anouke looked around at the white scenery, watching as tiny snowflakes fell to the ground, and listening to the twitters, chatters and squawks of creatures above. It was a peaceful, the thicket, but he wasn’t a wolf that liked peace all the time. Sometimes, he just felt the urge to get up and do something reckless, but other times, all he wanted to do was relax. At that moment though, he wanted to find out more about Silver, so he knew what he could use to get her to do things she wouldn’t normally do. It would take some time, but the end product would be fulfilling.

He had no idea what to say or ask, small talk wasn’t something he did willingly, but he felt that to get her trust, he needed to do it. “If I may ask, miss, how long have you been in Secret Woodlands?” It was a good starting point, and should lead onto more topics. But at that moment, a very strong taint on the wind attracted his attention, and he whipped his head around, sniffing the air. It was a deer, not too far away. There hadn’t been much food lately, and he needed much nourishment to keep going. The Young Hellion was constantly hungry, and there was no way he’d turn up the offer of free food.

Turning back to Silver with his jaws parted slightly, he raised his eyebrows and motioned with his head to where the carcass was, a silent question clearly stating that they should go investigate. But he wouldn’t just get up and go without her. That would make him seem like someone who took everything immediately when it was handed to him, like a spoiled child. No, he would wait for her to get up and follow, like a gentleman would, even though it sickened him. But it could be what will break the ice between them, and make it easier to get what he wanted.

713 Words

I do it because I can,
I can because I want to,
Inactive Deceased
Silver
@Anouke
Speech!

Watching him move to lay in front of her she smiled softly. “If I may ask, miss, how long have you been in Secret Woodlands?” Taking a minute she thought about it. "Only a few weeks, you?" Silver only thought it was fare if the exchanged information evenly. Before she could get an answer Anouke nodded his head to the scent of food. Moving towards it she looked over to the dark large male. "If you keep your face shut we can eat to our hearts content before taking this to the rest of the members." Although she was concerned about everyone's health this was an opportunity to eat before sharing. Silver only had to make sure Anouke could keep his mouth shut.

Nosing the carcass she looked to her fellow pack mate. "Take the first bite." It was an order and she wouldn't eat until he took the first bite. The carcass looked fresh despite it being left overs from another animal. Although that meant there was a threat lurking by and on their home it was a good day for Anouke and Silver. They stumbled upon the carcass and would eat from it first.

Watching Anouke she smirked, "If you tell anyone of this I'll make sure they know you took part in it too." Laughing lightly she went in to take a bite of the food. The meat leaving an outstanding taste in her mouth. It was like everything else didn't matter. The cold snow wasn't bothering her, any sounds Anouke made were ignored. This was pure bliss.