(See All?) Announcements
750 Users Online
Bing, Google

There are graves I've dug since we last left off — Paradise Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Flywolf who has 629 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall
Backdated to 6/1. Nash is calling specifically for @Chan but other members of PF are welcome to pop in.

They had moved fast, Nash pushing a relentless pace. Each moment he was away from home his skin itched. He knew Jessamy would be a pawful for her mother - that the loss of their grandchildren on top of everything... Magg was meant to be helping her, but her own birthing had been bad enough.

At least Eclypse was there. Every time he thought about it he felt a flash of comfort knowing his own mother's experience was there to help - only to remember that it wasn't, that she wasn't; that was the whole purpose of this trip.

He didn't speak much as they traveled, occupied by his own thoughts. It was why he'd wanted to come alone. He needed to think. And now they were finally at the borders and Nash had to swallow his turbulent sea of emotions, trap it beneath the ice of apathy, and call for his brother.

(This post was last modified: Jun 07, 2024, 10:59 PM by Chan.)

Played by Grae who has 95 posts.
Sanguine Cove VI. Subordinate
Matos Eastfall-Slayer
His father was not kidding when he had said their pace would be fast. The younger of the two Eastfall men was pretty sure that they had beaten the five day travel time. But the young man wasn't disappointed. While most of the time was spent in silence he was just happy to be with his father, to watch his back. The accelerated pace allowed him time to both think and not think, both being therapeutic. Allowing him to work through the trauma's and sorrows that plagued him.

They reached the border's of the Fall's and his father tipped his head back to call for his uncle. Dual colored gaze took in the surroundings, in awe once more. The lush of the greenery mixed with some rockiness. Nothing like the mountain they called home, but still beautiful. The young man stood just a half step behind his father, his head in line with the elder's shoulder. His fluffy banner and ears drooped in anticipation for the conversation about to take place.
Played by PuppyThief who has 21 posts.
Paradise Falls XV. Yearling
Micaden Smoke-Athesila

Now a yearling, Micaden had taken to walking the borders, much like the adults. He would follow their familiar scent, carving a clear path through the rocky redwoods, leaving his own marks alongside theirs, the simple action making his sense of belonging grow ever stronger. It was an easy way to start working for the pack, stepping into the grown-up ranks as he was expected to do, as well as try to take some weight off his father’s shoulders. Mica knew it wasn’t much, but he was eager to help in any way he could.

The second part of border duty, of course, was answering the calls of visitors. This, so far, had been something the boy had avoided, seeing as he couldn’t do much to help said visitors. Usually the call was for a leader, and the need was for that authority, a loner wanting to join the pack in most cases – Mica would love to tell them all yes, but he knew that wouldn’t go over well with the adults. So, he tended to stay away.

However, there was something different about this howl. Maybe it was the tone, the insistence, or the call for Chan by name rather than just a leader. Regardless, Micaden found his curiosity too strong to ignore, and gangly legs quickly took him to the source of the call, where he came upon the two dark figures. His brisk trot was quickly brought to a halt, eyes wide as they scanned over the strangers, their somber faces putting an acute damper on his excitement.

Tail sinking and brows furrowing slightly, he licked his lips, swallowing hard before asking warily: “What’a you want with my Da?”

Thoughts ”Speech”

Played by Flywolf who has 629 posts.
Sanguine Cove I. Leader
Nash Eastfall

Historically, Chan had been quick to respond to border calls, so it was a bit of a surprise when a young man arrived first. Nash's brows rose slightly at the wary gaze, but then he had arrived and stood with his tail raised in according with his posture. The yearling was a stranger to him. It was good to be wary. At the mention of 'da', however, Nash's expression softened slightly. This was his nephew. For a moment he mourned that he hadn't gotten to know his brother's children, but that moment was quickly swallowed by the rest of the grief still within him.

"I'm Nash," he said, voice a little kinder than his summons had been, "your uncle. This is my son, Matos. It's very good to finally meet you; I'm sorry it's only because I've come to bring news to my brother." he wished he could stay, get to know his family better, but... it was for the best that he return to the Cove as soon as possible. Hopefully Chan would arrive shortly.

Played by Cade who has 878 posts.
Paradise Falls I. Leader
Chan Eastfall
Today was the day @Jethro left, off to form a different pack somewhere else. Chan couldn't help but feel... exceptionally jealous. As usual, though, the anchor that kept him was also, still, the best thing in his life. Even through all these emotions, he would never stop being thankful for his surviving trio. Even if it had to be here, forever in the same place with the same faces, it was the most worthwhile reason he'd ever had to swallow his own feelings and wants.

That wasn't to say he wouldn't still vanish from it all if given the chance. If @Flair's attachment ever faded. When he was down at his deepest, he'd dream of his family of five venturing and playing together upon the ocean's shore. Just them. Perfect weather. Not a care in the world.

His brother's summons filled the air abruptly, causing Chan's eyes to snap open and his thoughts to scatter. That... was not a good thing. It couldn't be. Even if everything else was well, it was likely Nash would be expecting him to explain the actions he hadn't taken when his nieces and Galen were here. Even at its best, that was going to be immensely uncomfortable for the elder Eastfall.

With a sigh, he pushed himself up onto his paws and made his way toward the pack's border.

His son had beaten him to the punch, a realization that caused his stomach to squirm. Whatever it was, whether grim news or a heated conversation, Micaden likely didn't need to be a witness. Still... he was a yearling now, and Chan couldn't shoo him from every difficult encounter. Especially not if he wanted him to be able to stand on his own four paws when his parents were no longer available, whether by death or elected independence.

He fell into line beside Mica, shoulder-to-shoulder as a silent hello. He smiled fondly at Matos before shifting his attention to Nash, expression then tempering with anticipation. Magg had been so angry, had felt so betrayed when she'd left them. He would be stupid to expect his brother to be happy with him right now.

"Hello. How're the kids?" his features pinched with concern at the words; Archer had been here without Ally, after all, "All three made it back to the Cove?"

His stomach cramped, his heart was hammering. What if that was why Nash was here? What if something had happened to them along the way?
(This post was last modified: Jun 08, 2024, 05:28 PM by Chan.)
[Image: 5BdYuOb.png]
Played by Cade who has 72 posts.
Paradise Falls IV. Second
Marigold Tanga
I WAS INNOCENT AND CERTAIN,

Marigold recognized the caller at their metaphorical door, though that it was a relative didn't necessarily encourage her. The aftermath of Auburn's death had made her feel distant, separate from the mountain sect of their family. Something that was difficult for her to overcome once experienced, and it wasn't as though circumstance had necessitated as much so far.

Still... this felt like an interaction she should be present for; both whatever her uncle had come to share or discuss, and the effect it would likely have on her father.

Mar arrived silently, taking a place to the opposite side of Chan from her little brother. She nodded in greeting, but didn't speak so as not to interrupt. There was certainly no way this was about her personally, and so she didn't need to be vocally involved. Yet.

NOW I'M WISER BUT UNSURE.
(This post was last modified: Jun 08, 2024, 06:31 PM by Marigold.)
Played by Grae who has 95 posts.
Sanguine Cove VI. Subordinate
Matos Eastfall-Slayer
It wasn't long before they were greeted, despite the individual that arrived wasn't who they were expecting. The boy was a year younger than he with a coat of salt and pepper. His gaze was two toned like his own, adorning one gold and one silver, like his grandmother's...a wave of sorrow. The boy asked what they wanted with his da, the realization hit Maty as his father explained who they were. This was his cousin, that silver was from their grandmother. A grandmother this kid would never get to meet. Suddenly he was more grateful to have had the time he had with her.

Moments later the tawny frame of his uncle arrived, moving to the yearlings side. Dual gazes met as the uncle gave his nephew a fond smile. Matos returned it, though his was laced with sadness. Chan turned to speak with Nash and Maty remained quiet, allowing them to speak. Moments later another arrived. A pale blonde woman, the same age as him, maybe older? With the same pale moon colored gaze...his eyes pricked with moisture. More family to break the news to?