(See All?) Announcements
769 Users Online
Chan, Magg, Atara, Google, Bing

before the opportunity is gone forever — Paradise Falls 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by becca who has 213 posts.
Paradise Falls VII. Guardian
Isla Valle

The kindness of the rain was that it had ushered them into a space together where they shared words and stories. Where Isla learned of what kind of life Nadine had lived. She learned names she had not heard before.

Like Cyran.

Who is that to you?

She could set aside the talk of children for a moment to learn more of her company's personal connections. Maybe it was selfish to think of how she might gleam insider knowledge to hold close and capitalize on later. She did not stop to consider that her own interest might be genuine or that it was, for once, not purely selfish. Only mildly.

Played by Tasha who has 61 posts.
Paradise Falls XII. Subordinate
Nadine Daireann
give me your heart
and i'll give you my soul
to just feel a little piece of heaven

Sometimes, with her level of comfort around the woman, it was easy to forget that there was not much Isla knew about her. It was not that she was being intentionally cagey with any of her packmates, merely that they were so focused on the present that seldom was she asked about her past… they all knew, at this point, that she’d been trained as a diplomat but the complex socioeconomic politics that had occurred in her homeland had never come up, not even in speaking to the breadth of her experience in her chosen field.

“Cyran is…” She paused for a moment, a certain sweetness carrying subtly in her tone. It was not the words of an infatuated teen, but rather words twinged with longing and remorse, a reminiscent of good times and a loneliness that came with their separation. “Cyran is like the sun… constant, endearing, watching over me in the day.” She explained, mildly. “I spent much of my first year outside of my birth pack, in another with my mother on a diplomatic mission. He was the alpha’s son, and my best friend… and perhaps even more.” Looking back, she’d still call it love.

“When I returned home after my sister had disappeared, we went awhile without contact… and when I left my birth pack in search of my mother and sister, I went to his borders… they were gone, chased out. The area was so ripe with war that I shouldn’t have been surprised… and so in addition to my mother and my sister, I’ve spent my time looking for him too, and hoping he finds me here should he find himself in these lands.”