(See All?) Announcements
402 Users Online
Bing

A Soldier On My Own, I Don't Know The Way — Round Stone Crest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Miss Freeman who has 59 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Moraxia Cipris
OOC: @Raela. Edit: Backdated to 8/24 to fix some time inconsistencies.

Becoming more accustomed to the dense forest, her legs now strongly and swiftly glided through the underbrush and over the land. Her second week in this new territory was coming to an end and Moraxia felt more confident than ever now that she had a place to call home. It was the one thing that had been missing from her day-to-day existence, and the one thing she had been craving more than life itself at times. Her mental state had been increasing ever since she had met Raela and her pack, or ‘the light of dawn after an eternal darkness’ as Moraxia regularly but secretly thought of them. She still thought of her past often, though it had become a small irritant like a tick on the back of her neck between her ears: just barely untouchable. Trying to focus on the more optimistic side of things, her mind often reminded her she owed her good health, new life, and happiness all to the agouti female that had found her on the ledge that day and surely was not going to neglect the feeling anytime soon. Since her acceptance into the pack her coat had started to look healthier and the wolf had regained some weight lost as result of no longer being forced to scavenge for every meal, and therefore felt renewed and fresh the morning she set out to patrol. When the sun had just barely begun to threaten the darkness of night, she rose from her sleeping position and began her journey into the wilderness. The birds loudly announced her arrival as she roamed from place to place, the sun continuously climbing higher into the morning sky as she walked.

Stopping to leave her scent on a nearby brush pile, she paused to listen to the world around her. Everything seemed usual today- the winged creatures screeching their usual songs, small rodents scampering about, and the sound of the forest beginning its routine motions. During her surveillance, a noise of rustling leaves caused the amber wolf’s ears to swivel to catch it. Her heart-rate sprang to life, her entire body tensing with ambitious thoughts of the possible danger lying near her. Scolding herself for not smelling the threats scent, she spun herself around quickly to face the impending menace that lay waiting for her amongst the underbrush. Pressing her large paws flatly into the dirt, the canine stiffened her frame and puffed out her chest. Firmly steadying her stance, eyes locked on the noises’ hidden location, the wolf raised her tail high above her. She was ready for anything, pupils fiery with passion and loyalty to protect her new family. Blood now pumped quickly through her veins as she paused for a moment to listen; another rustle, right where she had thought. Moraxia snarled loudly, transferring her already aggressive actions to a new level with a threatening bark to let the predator know they had been spotted, and she wasn’t about to let them get the best of her.

“Come out quietly, or meet your death swiftly trespasser!” She bellowed in the direction of the unknown hazard.
(This post was last modified: Sep 24, 2015, 06:54 AM by Moraxia.)
Played by Jenandra who has 438 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn

“Come out quietly or meet your death swiftly trespasser!”

What? The voice seemed familiar and yet she couldn't place it accurately just yet. It sounded like the call had been directed her way, and the smaller agouti female's head popped up. She'd heard the growling, and it had interested her, but through the undergrowth she hadn't managed to see what was wrong. In truth she had simply been trotting closer to the angry-sounding creature in hopes of discovering that very thing. Instead these words lashed out directly at her from the other side. Confused, and feeling a bit confident in herself if only for the fact that this was indeed her territory, Raela stepped out to reveal herself with a raised head and a puzzled expression. In that moment her memory sprung into action. This was none other than Moraxia, the pack's new guardian-in-training. 

“It's me,” she blurted out quickly, already fighting back the urge to giggle at their little misunderstanding. My how that giant could puff herself up into something formidable. Gent is the only other wolf she'd seen reach such frightening heights. Would Vitani have turned tail if she'd met Moraxia instead? The notion passed as she stood there, offering a few quick wags to the newcomer. The urge to comment further on the incident was unbearable, even if it meant mocking her ever so slightly. Raela was all jest. “I see you've definitely got the scare tactics down eh?” Now she was broadly smiling, eyes searching the woman's face for her reaction to all of this. 

Image © Chris Smith Photography
Manipulation © Jenandra
(This post was last modified: Aug 25, 2015, 06:50 PM by Raela.)
            [Image: 1HGS6dy.png]
[Image: AsFM155.png]
Inactive No Rank
Moraxia Cipris
OOC: Pre-approved pp.

She waited for a moment, lips still curled up into a fierce snarl to reveal her large and at-the-ready teeth. Upon Raela’s entrance she instantly retracted, her intense look turning into one of a scolded pup. “It's me,” Her body curled into a bow and she quickly dropped her tail down to her legs, lowering her sight to the ground. ‘Nice going, imbecile…’ After a moment, Moraxia lifted her eyes to Raela who was now looking quite pleased with the situation. Allowing a small smile to cross her face, the female straightened her form and a chuckle emanated from her chest. “I see you've definitely got the scare tactics down eh?” Raela’s smile easily enough made her giggle harder. “I’m glad it was you and not someone more… formidable,” The amber female smirked, offering a light joke in response. She had realized how intimidating she must have looked to Raela and admired the female’s composure, and of course, witty remark.

After her giggle-fit had settled, she turned to look at the path ahead of her, eyeing the agouti female. “Would you like to patrol with me? We can be scary and intimidating together.” Her pupils glided upwards in a sarcastic motion, and she faked a snarling face at the female. On Raela’s acceptance the two trotted off side-by-side through the forest, matching one-another in pace. Moraxia’s feet fell loudly onto the forest floor with each step, her prints large and distinguishable next to the smaller female’s marks. After some time traveling silently, admiring the world, the wolf decided to speak. “So- the leaders seem very happy together.” She modestly nodded, straightening her stance as they continued their scamper through the territory.

“In my old pack, it was a rare occasion to see love in such a happy, simple form. I’m sure the pups help matters too- between their personalities, I bet the children are as sharp as my claws.” She smiled brightly, turning to watch Raela’s face before rubbing her back along one of the trees to mark the territory. “Where did you come from before all this, Raela?” The question was sudden, and realizing it to be a bit intrusive, she retracted to something more specific. “Was it near here and did you travel long?” Thinking of her own adventurous journey, she quietly waited for the wolf to answer, ears at attention.

Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn

She was happy to see the other woman finally relaxing. It was a humorous incident, not one worth a scolding. If she had been a more dominant, aggressive type maybe – an Asurn would have immediately put her in her place. Raela was content instead to laugh with her over the encounter, fully catching Moraxia's return jab as just that. Moraxia may have ranked below her for now, but she was definitely a prospective opponent; one Rae would have to work hard against to maintain her rank. She could hardly argue with this large woman about her fighting skill though, but she sure could joke right back. A fake snarl of her own and a teeth clacking or two followed while her soft tail fluttered away. It was nice to be with such a light-hearted wolf for a change. “Yes, let's,” she quipped back, joining the massive female on her patrol. There was nothing truly pressing her to be elsewhere at the moment anyway. 

She was beginning to think that she ought to be the one to break the silence between them, when Moraxia posed her own opening statement. The smaller woman found herself nodding with agreement as her companion went on. Gent and Minka certainly did seem more content than usual in each other's presence. It did occur to her on some level that this new initiate might have thought that they were mates, but the next words truly cemented her suspicions. Barring that she'd have to clear it up, her ears drank in the mention of the woman's old pack. Even when she'd met this wolf as a rogue she'd thought their pasts sounded something alike. Her eyes fell as Moraxia spoke, rising again as the pups were mentioned. “Oh yes, they're very bright,” she responded, grinning again. 

“Draven even caught his first mouse the other day after I showed him how.” There was a slight pride to her tone, with her being the boy's teacher and all. “But you should know that the pups aren't Gent's. They belong to Tokino, the last Alpha. He was killed by someone this spring; we aren't sure who,” It was a great deal of information to spill, but it was necessary. “Gent stepped up in his absence and acts as their father. Minka likes him and everything, but they aren't mates.” She illustrated the whole situation with much less sadness than she had in the past. Now it was becoming an easy thing to explain to newcomers. “But the pups don't know the difference really; they never met him. Gent is 'Dad' and Tokino is 'Father.'” And with that the solemn news could be concluded. She really didn't expect a comment from Moraxia; it was more of a bulletin than a conversational topic, and it showed in the way she avoided eye contact. 

“But that kind of love was unheard of in my pack as well,” she confirmed, transitioning nicely into the last thing the mammoth woman had asked of her. Noticing that they'd stopped to strengthen a border marking, she moved a few steps away to contribute something of herself to it. A large, gnarly root poked out of the ground near some rocks; the perfect place to rub her scent glands on. The slender little female stretched her paws over the root and rocks, giving each a good barrage of clawing strokes. While she was here she could answer the rest of the questions. “I'm from far away; off in the east. I wandered alone for about eight months before I came here. This was the first pack not to chase me away on sight. No one wanted to take in a weak traveler during winter,” she chuckled sadly. It was nothing but a memory now.  

Manipulation © Jenandra
Inactive No Rank
Moraxia Cipris

Moraxia listened quietly to the sad story Raela told, her ears drooping as sympathy overtook her. She had always known both her parents, and despite losing her motherly fairly early in her life she felt only joy for having at least known her. She smiled and a small bit of air escaped her lungs as she was informed of her mistake in thinking the leaders were together. ‘At least Minka doesn’t seem lonely with Gent around, and it’s nice he stepped up to the plate,’ she thought as the female continued. The similarities ran wild in Moraxia’s head as she listened, nodding. “I left my pack on my own accord, and ended up out in the wilderness for about the same amount of time as you.”

“You were the first wolf I’d seen in almost an entire year.” The brown-eyed wolf brightened and handed a timid smile to Raela. “And I’m glad you happened to be friendly, and your pack in need of members. It truly was the biggest stroke of luck.” She rubbed her paws against the ground over-top of one of her prints, marking the ground as she sat. Her fur fluffed and tensed as she thought of the trials Raela must have faced in coming here. “My pack was never big on accepting strangers.” Her eyes scanned the horizon longingly. “I remember the occasional friendly loner abruptly turned away by my father. It makes me all the more… appreciative to have come upon such lovely royalty at a time like this.” Moraxia continued to paw the dirt absentmindedly.

Turning to watch her company’s face, the wolf sighed listlessly. “Has this pack ever had a history of turning people away?” She was very curious now. So far she had been unable to uncover anything unpleasant about the way things operated among the wolves, and hoped to keep it that way.

Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn

As Moraxia filled her in on the details of her own wanderings, Raela found herself listening more and more intently. Some of the words were meant for her, and the subordinate felt her chest swelling with validation. She had saved this wolf. She might have failed with Urien but this time she'd succeeded, and Moraxia seemed ever grateful. She couldn't help the returning grin that washed over her face now. Despite the depressing fact that both of their packs had been gruff with intruders (though Asurns did more than simply turn them away) she found satisfaction in knowing that this pack was not like the others. “You're welcome,” she beamed sincerely.  Raela stood tall, leaving her fresh mark behind and moving back toward her companion. 

“It's because of my old pack and my situation that I try to help if I can, but Minka really is a good wolf, and a good leader.” She hadn't gotten much further when the larger woman posed yet another inquiry. Raela mulled over the question; lifting her eyes as If to excuse herself from the moment to think. “Well, we do, I mean, Minka won't take in anyone who plans on leaving the pack someday,” she admitted, glancing away for a second. “She only wants permanent members who are loyal to her. But other than that, as long as you're a good person...” she let the words vanish into the summer air with a shrug. There were worse requirements for an Alpha to hold over the head of a loner than mere fealty; even if it was forever. 

She turned back to their path, waiting for Moraxia to join her before picking up their trotting pace again. “Calanthe, the larger pale coated woman,” she added the description in case the newcomer hadn't managed to remember it from before, “she was practically starved to death, and Gent was actually the one who took her in. Minka took in Cessair, the smallest one, when she was practically dying on her borders.” The gravity of what Minka had sacrificed to accept them still garnered mountains of respect from Raela, even if she had brought them to the brink of war with the Woodlands wolves in what seemed like a rash decision. Still, the topic was long behind them now. 

This time Raela was the one to stop and refresh the scent markers. She loped around a conspicuously large tree; its base thick with the scents of Gent and Aeus in particular. The smaller woman crouched, adding her own to the mix while Moraxia presumably strengthened another spot. Once finished she trotted back, tail flowing out behind her pleasantly. 

Manipulation © Jenandra
Inactive No Rank
Moraxia Cipris

“But other than that, as long as you're a good person…” The words sent a chill down Moraxia’s spine. What constituted as a good person around here? Surely she wasn’t an evil mastermind hell-bent on destroying everyone in the pack, but neither was she a saint. The wolf had made mistakes in her past, just like all the others here it seemed. She shoved the thought to the back of her mind and vowed to revisit her worries at a later date, switching her focus back to the female next to her. She continued to listen; nodding after each name was mentioned to assure her companion she was still listening. “What humble royalty,” she said, a somber smile crossing her face. She had found the leaders to be very gracious wolves; always looking out for those around them and taking in those in need.

Moraixa watched the wolf closely as the woman circled the tree and returned to her after leaving her scent. The canine stood just as she grew near, giving her body a small shake to dislodge the dust from her fur. Slowly she dipped her head low and took one large breath of air before casting a glance at Raela. She smiled, hoping the wolf would see her intentions and join in. Slowly, she began to exhale through her maw; at first it was a low grumbling noise that crescendoed into a   full howl as she laid her ears flat on her head and pointed her nose to the sky.

She let out a few of these in successions, smiling at Raela between breaths and hoping the wolf would show the enthusiasm she felt.

(This post was last modified: Sep 09, 2015, 02:24 AM by Moraxia.)
Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn

Her ears tipped back to catch the colossal female's utterance as she moved for the tree. There was no further dialogue necessary; or at least it felt that way. Raela was swift in her return; quickly taking notice of the look on her comrade's face. Her understanding was complete and instant. Ah, a howl, she mused, allowing a grin to creep onto her face as well. It was perhaps her favorite way to mark territory. It was definitely the most fun out of them all. The subordinate drew in breath as soon as Moraxia appeared to understand her agreement; turning her sunshine eyes to the sky for a brief second before darkness took them. Then there was only the sound of their howls joining and separating in pitch as they bounced off of the trees and the hills around them. Round Stone Crest was here, and they were well defended. The message was clear for any who dared to lurk in the shadows. 

She really did feel a bit safer with this new recruit around. Though Raela had yet to witness the guardian in action she still had a feeling that the darker female was no one to be trifled with. Her little defensive show earlier would have been terrifying if she'd been a criminal or troublemaker; that was for sure. She absolutely outmatched Vitani and Eirian in size, as well as most of the pack itself. The sooner she completed her training the better Rae would feel. The volume and intensity of their calls only grew, and she found her spirits lifting along with the notes. She met the woman's smiles, returning them with even more enthusiasm. The mood was becoming infectious, and she found herself giggling between howls. By the time they'd had enough, she was wagging. An impulse she'd not felt in quite a while overtook the smaller girl, and she danced to the side in a play bow. Normally this was something she only did with Astraeus, but the energy in the air was right, and what good was defensive training if you didn't test it out a bit?

Her jaws parted in a smile. “Hey, let's see if we're capable of defending this land of ours,” she declared with mock pride. It was a humorous tone that took right from their previous encounter. Still smiling but now with a much more determined and challenging stare, she remained low with her legs splayed; playfully clicking her teeth as an invitation. Moraxia was a mighty opponent, for sure, and Raela wasn't exactly expecting to win. Still, if she could give the newcomer a run for her money it would only better them both. There was no real pressure here for her to panic over  either – it was just for fun. 

Manipulation © Jenandra
Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
There is a deer that was killed by a lynx nearby. +10 Health
Inactive No Rank
Moraxia Cipris

Now she giggled along with Raela between howls as the two breathed their song into the mid-morning air. A strong feeling of confidence and a sense of belonging filled the woman after each howl was completed by the pair. Raela was glowing with the same happiness Moraxia was feeling inside of her at that moment as silence grew between them for a short while. Upon seeing the woman’s wagging tail and playful stance the wolf continued to smile brightly. “I have no doubt I am capable, Miss, but your strength I find myself questioning.” The jab was lighthearted and followed by a giggle as she planted her feet firmly on the ground, legs spread out strategically in front of her. Nothing more was needed to be said between the two.

A sly grin crossed her face that revealed her sharp canines as she lowered her head lower to the ground, stretching her entire body out and making herself look as large as possible. Her tail waved upwards behind her in a slightly more aggressive style, lowering her body even closer to the ground below. Moraxia chuckled quietly and left a small silence between the two to allow her “opponent” time to prepare. Suddenly, she leapt to the left as quick as her large bones could move and planted her feet together hard into the ground underneath her. The wolf was attempting to close the gap in a much less anticipated way as she moved toward Raela, body tense and ready if she decided to make a move. Her paws crushing into the ground, Moraxia pushed downwards with her large paws and sent herself hurling toward the woman.

The energy inside of the wolf was electrifying; it was as if every muscle in her body ached to move. Her passion for fighting was obvious in the way she displayed herself: gracefully chaotic. Dipping her head downwards and turning her body side-ways mid jump she would attempt to ram her right shoulder into Raela’s left. Certainly she would prove her worthiness to this woman in the kindest but most aggressive way she knew how— massive, brute force.