(See All?) Announcements
514 Users Online
Google, Bing

lay down the stars — Willow Ridge 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Grey who has 439 posts.
Inactive Deceased
Angier Lyall
A little late starting the next/last round, but feel free to start wrapping it up - sharing what you're up to or going to do - and say g'night. No post order. Thanks for "testing" this out with me. c: Vami, I wrote around Elettra, Niles, and Ravenna a bit; if I can change anything, let me know.

Angier Lyall.

dilegua, o notte! tramontate, stelle! tramontate, stelle!

One by one the wolves of Willow Ridge made themselves known, their songs, no doubt, carrying up to the heavens and into the night over Southern Eden. Enoki was first, relaying that she was up north, hunting and caching away rabbits. To this he gave a nod. Thank you, he offered to her, his gratitude soon chased after Morganna and Elettra's own tunes. Their words harmonized and synced, filling the Leader's chest with a heartfelt fondness for both Archers' love and consideration. The herds were already on the move this late into the Summer and for his (step-)daughter's vigilance he let out another note of appreciation.

His large ears drew frontward, moving like satellites as they traced the communication signals across the expanse of the galaxy. Hecate joined in with letting them all know of her ventures into the clearing. Angier lifted his head with a smooth little ditty, telling her to be safe out there. When it seemed like there weren't going to be any more replies, he moved into the den, settling just within the entrance of it as to keep an ear and eye out for anymore calls. Soon enough, though, his mate came around, as regal and elegant as ever. Elettra swept past him with a nuzzle and a kiss and settled into the den where the cubs had seemingly quieted down. He had expected Niles to come out and keep him company, but it seemed as though the Sand Wolf and that comforting lull of impending sleep had gotten the best of him. The boy remained with his sisters.

The last to join in was Sköll, which came as a surprise. Piety was missing. A frown flickered across his face as the second-born Archer mentioned that he would appreciate any tips. He begrudgingly got up, rolling his right shoulder while he was at it. Standing again at the front of the Infirmary, he tilted his head as he scanned the sky. Then there came word from Nicolo and Adele. On behalf of Elettra, who he was sure did not want to get up, he offered a short and simple "Good night" to his in-laws.

A few moments more and he nestled himself with El and their youngest cubs. Through the darkness, he smiled as Ravenna made herself comfortable, moving as to leave Niles at the bottom of the puppy pile. He grazed his tongue over each of their foreheads before looking out to the forest just outside the Infirmary, waiting to receive the rest of what the pack had to say.

Are you watching closely?
Taekwondo (M, W, F) | Rapid-Response Day (Tu) | WoW Nights (F, Sat, Sun)
Played by AshBash who has 476 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Enoki Archer

Like a firework show reaching its grand finale an abundance of musical notes filled the star studded night, each song as unique as the creator behind them as they portrayed what information they wished to share. Like ying and yang, good news and bad mingled with one another under the pale, milky beams of moonlight. Piety had been pronounced missing by the ghost of a prince that often stalked the shadows like a silent wraith, the news warranting a frown upon Enoki's scarred snout while swarthy ears flicked to press into the soft fur upon the back of her skull. Yet, the troubling news was short lived as others in the pack offered their piece of the orchestra.

Ears listening intently, the gentle lull of howls began to tow the woman towards the open door that led to dreamland. Inky limbs refusing to disagree as pads moved sluggishly for the opening of her private den. A quaint place under the largest and oldest of willows who's branches offered the dark pelted woman much relief from the summer's scorching heat. Before she would descent into her humble abode and drift into a land of slumber and dreams, her skull would tilt back once more towards the moon. A shorter howl than before passing between the 'o' shape of her lips to bid goodnight to the wolves of the Ridge. All around the piebald woman continued the songs of those bidding similar messages while she slunk inside, a small counterclockwise turn all that separated her from sleep. Head rested upon outstretched paws, sleep heavy lids closed for the rest of the night.

Exit.

Played by becuffin who has 879 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Morganna Archer-Lyall

It would seem the chorus of howls was just enough to startle one of the younger deer free from the tree line. The quiet call of its sleepy mother not enough to guide it back to the safety her side presented. She watched a few moments more, ears picking apart the messages of her pack mates. It would seem she wasn’t the only one pulling an uncharacteristic ‘late nighter’. Skoll’s message bought a smile to her face as she crept closer to the young deer, knowing she should respond but not wanting to pass up such an opportunity.

Nicolo, had his say for both himself and Adele, the clear night carrying the combined chorus eerily across the rise. The spring faun drew closer and her muscles bunched in anticipation. Just a few more steps and it could be hers. Anger’s final howl was enough to spook the prey her way and she launched herself from her lowered position in the grass much as her brother might when hunting another wolf. The animals cries were cut off by her stranglehold on its throat. It was only after the final kick was stilled she contemplated just how to get the deer home. Goodnight Sven. she answered perhaps a little more breathless than her call had been before, her next message was dressed to Skoll, who she knew would be on his way out just as soon as her nephew was asleep. I could use a hand out here, brother. A small lick of pride making it’s way into her song. She wasn’t quite up to the task of dragging this thing home alone.

[Image: hashtags-skollmorganna02.png][Image: hashtags-morgannarenier.png]
Played by Grey who has 448 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Sköll Archer
@Elettra, @Hecate, @Sven and @Nicolò - if you'd like to help wrap this up, please feel free. This will be archived sometime next week. Thank you. <3

Angier didn't say anything in regards to Piety and Sköll took this as a slight. He would deal with it (make him par for it, ore than likely) at some other time; tonight, he was going to spend the dark hours curled around his son, thinking of what would be his next move. His plans were immediately foiled, however, as Morganna answered back in response to Sven and asked for his aid. His ears swiveled back and he turned to address the little wraith of a prince. "All right," he stiffly smiled, nudging the boy along into the lean-to of dense climbing ivy. "That's enough now. Time to sleep."

If the boy was going to put up a fuss or not, regardless, the older Archer was well-prepared and would not stop until he had Sven curled up in wait for the Sand Wolf. "I'm going to meet up with Aunt Morg," he grazed his tongue against the boy's cheek in a small kiss. "I'll be back before you wake up. Close your eyes; remember that story I told you about the king and the dove."

There was a more generous smile on his face before he pulled away from their little haven on the outskirts of Willow Ridge. Then, with a soft "Good night," Sköll was gone with a ground-eating sprint, eager to join his sister for any activity that might take his mind off his missing lover.

(Fade.)

(This post was last modified: Oct 23, 2015, 09:44 PM by Skoll.)
i'm a dreamer, i'm a man
i'm doing whatever i can to make the bad things go away
Played by Poppin' who has 176 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Hecate Liar

Hecate listened to the short burst howls going back and forth, an ear perked for a response to her offer. A few seconds had gone by, no mention of a snack from Angier; but a kind notion of care. 'Ah, must be doin' something right.' She thought with a shrug. A yawn filtered through her along with a soft shudder, the woman was purely exhausted. She had issues with falling asleep last night, tossing and turning in the pile of leaves she had laid down for a makeshift 'bed'. She secretly hoped she wouldn't get a response from her offer, Morganna had already set eyes on a prize and a small hare wouldn't really be a gold star. Hecate smiled in relief that there was a lull in the calling, taking up the opportunity to make a final statement. If I am not needed tonight, I think I might head for bed. The sweet and soft howl echoed out from her place, the sound traveling over the heads of the pack. Hecate had a hunch she wouldn't be necessary in tonight's activities, walking back to the tree line. She nosed around for a place that wasn't too wet and wasn't to bristly, nosing a few leaves around for cushioning. She hunkered down for the night, waiting for any other responses that might arise.

Word Count: 250

the armed queen