540 Users Online
Bing, Google

Roly Poly — Whisper Caverns 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Maeby who has 63 posts.
Inactive V. Yearling
Rose Hervok
@Ash Your daughter's a big wimp! :)

It had taken an abundance of time, but the small Hervok finally found it fit to go out and explore a minuscule amount of pack territory on her own. Nowhere too far away, it'd be important for her parents to locate her with ease had they found it necessary. She sighed as she made an exit from the comforts of her den, perhaps this was too risky? Although she was positive her siblings had done it a million times by now, hadn't they? 'Imma baby..' she frowned.

Rose had seen the sights laid out before her a bountiful amount of times, though none leaving her in complete solitude. Having a companion amongst her travels was certainly ideal, but wasn't it about time she grew a bit independent from the adults? Taking time to venture out on her own would help the future-queen prosper into the wolf she longed to be, after all, queen's couldn't be afraid of being alone. They had duties that simply didn't require the company of others, she knew that. "This.. is stuped." she grunted, hesitating to step out any further than she already had (for the record; not much progress had been made). "I should jus' go back.."

Visuals of her annoying sister Nineva taunting her over being too afraid to get out in the world alone ran through Rose's head, and the pup knew turning around just wouldn't be as simple as she'd want it to be. If it weren't today, then when? In her book it was past time to gain some real experience. She needed to grasp the simple concept of how the world worked outside of her cozy little home, and preferably sooner than later. It was necessary for her to surpass the competition, her sister.

Hear the word; My voice will not be cast away.

Rose Hervok

Played by Lightning who has 584 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

He couldn’t be happier, truly. The mother of his children was happy and healthy, from what he could tell, and the three of his lovely children were blossoming with life. He couldn’t remember a time when he had ever been as happy as he was now. It was a relief to know that he had a family that loved him and had not left him. They remained by his side and he by theirs. He knew that he would do everything in his power to protect his children. The matter of their members still remained a problem though and Ash found himself wandering out to try to recruit more often. Thus far, he had no luck, but he held onto the hope that perhaps Belladonna would come join them. Ash couldn’t bring himself to tell anyone about finding his long lost adopted daughter. The reminder of Belladonna also reminded him of Treena. A bitter growl formed at the back of his throat at the thought, knowing that he had a mate now and children who loved him very much.

The reminder of Treena, also brought a memory of Rose’s birth. Closing his mossy green eyes, Ash recalled the moment he saw her and who she had instantly reminded him of. Knowing that he hadn’t taken much time to spend with his daughter, he headed towards the den, knowing that it was where Rose was more than likely to be. It was a blessing that he knew the territory so well. It did not take her long to locate the den or her beautiful daughter who seemed quite hesitant about what she was doing. Curious about the nature of what she was doing, the Hervok remained in the shadows, his mossy green eyes watching her. Her words made his ears prick and his eyes narrow. He certainly did not like her using such words. However, her second words almost made him laugh. A lack of confidence was never something he wanted his daughter to face. Perhaps it was time for him to give the child a lesson of his own.

Clearing his throat, the father stepped forward, a smile on his lips as he looked down at his beautiful daughter. Stepping forward, he spoke softly, a difference compared to those he generally spoke to, ”Young lady, where did you learn the word stupid? I don’t want ever hear you say that again, understand?” He waited for confirmation from his daughter before he continued, a curious gleam in his eyes,  ”Now…where were you planning on going?” His tail wagged behind him, waiting for her answer. 

Burtn @DA & Dawnthieves.de - Table by PuppyThief

I think I've finally seen the light..in you.
Inactive V. Yearling
Rose Hervok

Her father's unexpected appearance was a shock nonetheless, and she pondered over whether or not she should stay put or jolt away. Unfortunately, the latter would without a doubt land her in more trouble than she could handle. Rose would simply have to stay put. She cowered as her father towered over her petite body, and couldn't help but to gulp as his voice boomed out to scold her. "D-dadd..y, H-hello.." It was obvious that the Hervok was anxiety-struck. She'd never been in much trouble before, could today possibly be any different? "I-I dunno, I heard summ'un say it!" Admittedly she really couldn't quite recall exactly who's muzzle the word came from, perhaps her sister? Though the girl wholeheartedly had no idea repeating it would be such a big ordeal. Regret flooded her brain as she thought of ways to apologize to him.

Another problem had unfolded in front of Rose as her father questioned her intentions. "W-Well.. I..." The pup didn't want to get in trouble! It just wasn't fair! Her siblings had escaped numerous times without punishment, yet her one small attempt to wander close to home ended in a bust? How was that possible? "I wanted to see what was out here..." she croaked, not really wishing to lie about her plan. "S-so..rry.." truth be told she wanted to cry, but how embarrassing would that be if Nineva found out? The Hervok would remain strong, even if it ended in a torturous attempt. 'Stupe--er... dumb idea, sneakin' out...'

Rose Hervok

[Image: 5FXgyaa.gif]
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

The alpha watched his daughter in amusement as she looked up at him, fear evident in her eyes. He had not meant to scare her, just simply make his point clear. In reality, the man knew that if he took a step away from the situation, he could be highly intimidating, especially to a child so young. Rose was much like her mother, she displayed her emotions through her body language and her eyes. Conflict was clearly there, she seemed very confused with what to do with her current situation. He listened to his daughter’s apology, a small smile playing on his lips. She was very much a pleaser for those around her and he could not help but feel proud of his daughter. The Hervok child was very shy but Ash was sure in the years to come that she would grow out of her shell, there was no chance that she wouldn’t.

The next words that escaped her daughter’s mouth brought a pleased smile to the father’s lips. He always loved it when the children were adventurous. It was what he enjoyed doing with them (and he couldn’t deny that he didn’t enjoy when the mother freaked out) and he never wanted that to change for the rest of his life. Besides, if they were with him, there was close to no chance that they would be hurt. With his words, his mossy green orbs lightened slightly and his jaws parted, ”Do not apologize for being curious, my dear! That is how you learn things. Now, is there anywhere in mind you were thinking about exploring.” Preferring to be much more playful, Ash lowered down on his haunches, wagging his tail and swaying his hips quickly behind him. A playful grin played on his features as he waited for his daughter’s response.

Inactive V. Yearling
Rose Hervok

Confusion only engulfed the small child more as her father smiled toward her apology. Had he not understood her misbehaving? Clearly partaking in any sort of mischief should result in harsh punishment, should it not? The act was almost irritating, but being so young, and it being her own father, Rose had no choice but to hold back her frustrations. Allowing a small huff to pass through her muzzle was enough action to please her, and she felt ready to let the conversation take another route. If Ash was willing to take the risk of his child growing to be disobedient like her sister, so be it.

"Mmmmm.." she hesitated, wondering just where she planned on going in the first place. Rose knew little to nothing about the outside world, having relied on the simple pleasures her den brought for far too long. "I 'unno daddy!" she squeaked, peeking around her surrounding eagerly. What sort of answer was the alpha longing for? Had he hoped short distance travels, or perhaps something a little more hazardous? 'Mumma's sure not gonna' like this..'

"Was behind dem' hills?" almost prodding for a response now, the small Hervok was finally able to completely calm herself down from earlier's events. The hills surrounding whisper caverns always piqued her fancy. On a normal occasion she'd simply allow her imagination to fill in the blanks for her, but this was no ordinary occasion. The princess had a real shot at exploring her surroundings. Certainly this was nothing to pass up. "Was outside da' tree's?"

Rose Hervok

Played by Staff who has 4,812 posts.
A young deer has been separated from the rest of its herd. Hunt Opportunity
Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

The father pressed closer to his child, his paws bringing him to stand closer to her as she spoke to him. The man’s ears flickered forward when Rose spoke, his mossy green eyes looking towards the hills and forest that she questioned him about. His daughter was both a blessing and a curse to him. While he would always love her unconditionally, she also continued to remind him of his first love. From the slight reddish tint that was starting to make its way into her coloring to her insistent curiosity. While it made his heart swell with love, it also hurt. The Hervok, however, embraced the hurt, knowing that, no matter what he would do anything for his daughter. His answer could determine his daughter’s future and he pondered how to tell her about the new world. Everything would be new to her and as much as he wanted to shield her from that, he knew that the only way for her to grow strong was to experience such things.

Wagging his tail, his eyes landed back on his daughter, narrowing mysteriously at her. A sly smile crossed his muzzle when he finally answered, his voice low, ”Over those hills, my darling child, would be a whole new world. One that, once you are old enough, you can claim as yours. He winked at Rose, his mossy green eyes shining with his love for her. There was no words to describe how much he cared about his children or his mate. They were his world and he would continue to do everything in how power to keep them safe. ”Would you like to go exploring?” After the question passed his lips, his head tilted to the side slightly, waiting for his daughter’s answer. He would have no problem with her not wanting to go out, they would simply spend more time within the territory together. But if she wanted to go out to see more of the world, then Ash would still have no objections to that.

Inactive V. Yearling
Rose Hervok

Her father's reply had been nothing short of perfect, for Rose's most important aspiration in life had already been pre-set to ruling. If there were truly a whole new world out there just waiting for her to claim as her own, then perhaps she'd already surpassed her obnoxious sister Nineva, which in all honesty took care of yet another achievement the youth longed to accomplish. 'Two birds, one stone.' she snickered, what a brilliant concept. Grinning ear to ear, the Hervok nuzzled up to her father. "Daz' great news, daddy."

At this point, the offer of exploration was far too great for her decline. Of course she 'wanted to', especially if there was a way for her to steal a glimpse of her future throne! "Yeaa!" she cheered, now bouncing around her father anxiously. "We not gon' tell momma though, right?" trying hard to push away her fear of getting a scolding, Rose allowed for a rather pathetic pleading expression to occupy her facial features. "Cuz' she not gon' like this... an' Nineva not commin'!" she huffed. The monochrome Hervok had plenty opportunities to explore already, and in addition she also held in possession a rather large mouth. If her sibling was given permission to accompany the two, then the red-furred pup would simply back out from the offer without a single bit of reconsideration.

"No Korrin either, jus' us. I dun' wan' them to." The Autumn-coated youth was also likely to slip in the presence of their mother, and would more than likely be overbearingly protective the whole journey. Rose longed for appreciation and acceptance from both parents, though oddly enough the need was stronger in regards to Ash. If their tattle-tale behavior wasn't enough to hinder the trip, taking attention away from the princess sure was. "Jus... us.." she whispered sternly.

Rose Hervok

Inactive No Rank
Ash Hervok

The Hervok man’s eyes remained trained on his daughter, seeing a wolf from his past in her wake. Shaking the vision from his mind, he concentrated on her. She was just like her and just like him and Ash was sure that it was why they got along so well and Ash would do things with her that he wouldn’t do with others. At least, that was what he told himself, he wasn’t sure what his wife thought on the matter. As his little girl spoke up, Ash couldn’t be more pleased at her request. A pleasant smirk made itself onto Ash’s lips and he couldn’t help the happiness he felt inside of his heart. This was happiness, this is what he wanted.

Softly, Ash spoke to his daughter, ”Well of course, Princess Rose. It will be our little secret.” He laughed softly, mentioning with his head to get going. ”Come on now…we better hurry up before your mother comes to look for you.” He gave his daughter a wink before bounding ahead. He was going at a slow enough pace so that his daughter would not lose him, but he was hoping that his energy would prompt Rose to move quicker. After all, they didn’t have all day to go exploring.