(See All?) Announcements
734 Users Online
Ryder, Bing, Google, Hazelnut, Sophrosnia

Wipe out the past and wash me clean off the slate — Round Stone Crest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Cade (inactive characters) who has 711 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Gent Lieris

"They monopolized on a horrific accident," he answered coolly, the answer which made the most sense within his own head. At this point, it didn't even matter to him what truly was the truth and what was not. It was clear that whoever spearheaded the ridiculous ideals of Calanthe's natal pack were unhinged to some degree, and therefor aspects of what had occurred would be unfollowable given the sheer absence of logic. It would be a waste of effort to figure out the bare bones of what had happened, especially given that Calanthe could never go back to what had been. Thanks to the fire, she only had the future, and all she truly needed was to know that it was not a spirit and a dead centipede that had flipped her world upside down.

"I know it isn't a prepossessing explanation, Calanthe," he levelled with another exasperated sigh, though this time, as his eyes opened again, there was a hint of sympathy suspended amongst the ice crystals within them, "and unfortunately, you might never have all the answers. But I can guarantee that it wasn't a dead centipede, and it wasn't some ridiculous god that caused any of it. And I can't have you spreading this mess to the others."

Ultimately, he wanted what was best for Calanthe and her mental health, which he believed was to discard this absurd faith and leave it far behind her. However even if she chose to clung to it, he supposed that was her business, so long as it didn't contaminate any aspect of her pack life. At that point, he would need to act, for the safety of the others. Especially the children.

"This conversation is over. I want you to take the day off of your obligations, think this over. We'll discuss again when you've found an answer for yourself."

They could talk it to death a million times over, but it did not matter how many words his might breathe when the obstacles that needed to be overcome were engraved within her mind. He would give her time to sort things out without his pressure present. Briefly, he touched his nose to her temple, a simple and reassuring gesture, before he turned on his heels and walked away.

/Exit
(This post was last modified: Feb 07, 2016, 08:15 PM by Gent.)