(See All?) Announcements
561 Users Online
Bing

We Talked About Making It — Cedarwood Forest 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Melorama who has 194 posts.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Yvly Doramor

@Veho <3 // Light snow 5*F, -15*C 2PM // Gonna be super duper vague about everything @Nineva shoot me a PM if something is off!

After her meander down south around the drooping willows and iridescent lagoon, the tawny female had decided enough time had passed for the grizzly to have wandered away following their encounter. She had met a young boy and an older fellow during the experience, both of the same pack, and though she was grateful for them possibly saving her life, she parted ways without any further thought of them. That was the best way, at least in her mind, to go through life: no attachments. Further south, and away from the grizzly, she had met yet another wolf from Willow Ridge, but they had parted on much friendlier terms, then there was the encounter in iridescent lagoon. Yvly had met so many wolves in the past two weeks that she was getting to the point of annoyance. What would it take for some alone time?

But alas, winter was coming, and quickly, so she needed to find a pack to join soon. That was the reason why she was back in the cedarwood forest, as the greyscale youngling with the mismatched eyes - Nineva? - had talked about a pack nearby that went by the name Grizzly Hollow. At first she had been cautious, wanting to scope out all other packs in the immediate area, but now it was either the pack in the drooping willows, or this one, and she'd take her chances with the grizzlies for the time being. Speaking of grizzlies, so far there were none about, and so Yvly padded along at a steady pace, ears and eyes constantly searching around and tail waving proudly behind her. She soon came upon the border she had been searching for, and stopped well away from it, knowing very well pack wolves could get very territorial, and she'd rather not get into a verbal fight.

Throwing her head back, the tawny female let out a summoning howl for the leaders of Grizzly Hollow, asking if they wanted any new members within their ranks. Although she'd rather not bow down to another, she would do it to survive. Surviving meant much more to her than getting what she wanted. After all, how could she do what she wanted when she wasn't alive to enjoy it?

375 words

Yvly Doramor

imagine we are higher than the arrows,
casually we're breathing with the pharaohs,
tragically we fall just like the arrows.
(This post was last modified: Dec 22, 2015, 05:29 AM by Yvly.)
Played by Trix who has 331 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

Winter had well and truly taken root in all of Relic Lore. The steadily accumulating snow on the ground and gray clouds from which crystalline flakes fell was proof enough of that. Jynx's temporary promotion to leadership had come with the turn of the season, and she adjusted her routine and mannerisms accordingly. She had no idea how long Rook or Quil would be away and preoccupied with their search for Cinder. However, she was understanding of their request, and would fill in the dark females shoes while keeping the pack unified for as long as need be. She was also grateful that the ever reliable Veho was there by her side, so neither of them had to undergo this change alone. Splitting the responsibility of leadership down the middle, was far easier than one or another bearing the full weight.

After the recently gathered meeting with all other Hollow wolves, with updates and clarifications in place, as well as newly laid out responsibilities for the Winter, Jynx was finding herself slowly growing comfortable in her new role. She had no prior experience under her belt up until now, but she would use this time as a valuable learning tool. She doubled, even tripled her daily patrols and marking of the borders of the forest she and the pack called home. Intruders needed to be kept out, kin kept in, ideally, and any loners, closely watched. She kept a vigilant look out for any of her pack mates, who may have any questions or a particular matter they may have wished to speak to her about. But she highly doubted they would. She was just filling in for Quil and nothing more. Once this was over, she would resume her role as just another face in the crowd.

When a summoning howl by the borders rang out, her head snapped up instantly. It meant only one thing; a loner had come calling. Likely seeking a home in the pack during these potentially hard winter months. She couldn't blame them...no wolf in their right mind would want to be on their own at this time of year. Scraping her back paws through the snow to spread the freshly marked scent, she gave a shake of her russet fur and seized her opportunity, heading promptly for the border. It did not take the newly appointed Leader to spot the one who had called. With a coat similarly colored to her own, the female stood out plainly against the white backdrop. Her head lifted automatically as she approached, tail high above her spine in presentation of her status within the pack. Giving Yvly a brief once over, she soon noticed that Veho was not on the scene. She would have to handle this herself, for now. With a neutral but not unkind expression, and a tone to match, she spoke. "What brings you to our borders?" She stepped forward once, waiting for a proper show of submission and respect. Jynx would offer neither the name of Grizzly Hollow nor herself...not until the intentions of Yvly were made clear, where she could properly determine if she was a decent candidate for joining the ranks.
Inactive II. Subordinate
Yvly Doramor

Thanks for joining @Jynx! @Veho is still welcome <3

Hundreds of thousands of crystalline flakes floated gently down to the already snow-packed ground, further adding to the accumulating mass. It would've been pretty if she hadn't been freezing her paws off. That was her main problem with winter: everything was so goddamn cold. The hunger and lack of shelter she could deal with, but the cold? Absolutely not. Yet another reason for her to join a pack. At least then she would have a warm place to stay during the cold days and even colder nights. But this was not an occasion to festoon, no, this was purely business. Talk to the leader, or leaders, and convince them to let her join their pack. Otherwise she'd have no choice but to return to Willow Ridge.

Lucky for the tawny female, a wolf with similar colouring as her soon appeared, one that could only be one of the leaders according to the way she raised her head and tail. The russet and cream leader gazed at her with a purely neutral expression, her tone of voice further expressing that neutrality as she spoke. A mere slight raise of one of her wolfy brows was her response. Maybe she could get to like this wolf. But first she needed to show that she could be submissive under the right circumstances. Ugh.

Lowering her head to below her shoulders, Yvly twisted her ears to ninety degrees of her head and looked around the area of the russet and cream leader's chest and chin, tip of her tongue poking out of her mouth and licking her lips. Her tail curled around one of her back paws, and she slightly bent her legs to make sure she was well below the height of the other. "As most other wolves around this time, I am searching for a pack to stay in for the winter, and hopefully even longer," the tawny female said respectfully, voice never wavering from her nearly monotone timbre, and gaze fixed just under the russet and cream leader's face. If this wasn't enough submission for her, then maybe she'd be better off in the other pack. There was only so far she would go.

363 words

Yvly Doramor

Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

The unknown loner standing before Jynx would find herself in luck. So far. While still new in her recently acquired role as Leader, the flame colored female was not over demanding in terms of submission. Not unless a complete lack of utter respect was presented, or if she happened to be caught in a foul mood. Jynx would remain mild, a slight softening coming to her yellow eyes. Her ears cupped forward to receive the lone females explanation. As she had suspected, Yvly was seeking a place to stay during these winter months...and maybe longer. Upright tail ticking slowly from side to side, she pursed her dark lips in contemplation, while noting Yvly's physical condition and lack of any scents but her own upon her fur.

Finally she would break the silence, maintaining her cool, neutral tone. "I see. You are at the borders of Grizzly Hollow. I am Wacipi...I lead alongside Merlin." She announced, automatically using her and Veho's aliases, as was tradition. She did not bother to mention the fact that her leadership with Veho was only temporary. While she had every intention of passing the crown back to the true Leaders of the cedarwood forest, there was no telling how long Rook and Quil would need. No loner needed to know of this. When and if she was accepted into the pack, Yvly could figure this out on her own. There was no need for the pack to come off as possibly unstable, in the eyes of a potential new member. Willow Ridge was stronger in numbers, and should conflict ever arise, the more wolves the Hollow had on their side, the better.

"Winter is not an easy time for any wolf..." She confirmed with a nod. "...be they of a pack or not." She kept alert for any indication of Veho's arrival,  but heard none so far. She didn't mind. This experience today may prove useful in the future, and right now, Jynx didn't think she was doing too badly. "We have no room for slackers." She added with a more serious note in her voice. "We all are equal here, and we all do our fair share." She cleared her throat once, softly. One wolfish brow raising upwards. "So, what can you offer us? What can you contribute?"
Inactive II. Subordinate
Yvly Doramor

OOC here!

Lucky for Yvly, the russet and cream leader seemed to have an air of munificence around her. She didn't demand any further form of submission, evidently pleased with what the tawny female was offering. She already knew the name of the pack, but perked up her ears in interest as if she hadn't known. A first impression needed to be the best a wolf could offer, for that would stick in the minds of others, determining the relationship they would have. "I am Yvly Doramor," she said in response to Wacipi offering her, and her leader's names, "But please call me Crystal." The story behind the preferred nickname was a long one, and she had yet to tell it to anyone, she wasn't even sure if she would ever, but that was what she would rather be called, and not because she hated her given name.

She nodded her head at Wacipi's comment of Grizzly Hollow not being a pack for slackers to roam around in. The tawny female respected that. She herself had to learn to work hard in life or she would starve to death. Being a loner for a long time could do that to a wolf. Plus there was the fact that she liked to be kept busy, only letting herself relax when she wasn't doing her best to stay alive for another day. "If you do accept me into your pack, Miss Wacipi, you'll find that I will try my absolute best to do the roles that have been set out for me." Yvly kept her words respectful and precise, leaving no room for rambling or unnecessary words. She wasn't much of a speaker, after all. "In my birth pack I switched between the roles of scout and hunter whenever one was needed more than the other. I am fast and agile, but my real strength comes from being quick witted with words and actions." After her mini speech the tawny female closed her jaws, wolfy brows raising infinitesimally as she awaited the verdict from the russet and cream leader before her.

347 words

Yvly Doramor

Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

Further from the borders than his counterpart, it took Veho much longer to trek across the territory once a summoning howl hit his ears. He arrived around the time that @Yvly began to introduce herself, and he remained silent as he settled at the lead female’s side, ears curved forward attentively. Pale silver eyes studied the wolf before him – young, but not a youth, large, but not overly so. But then, Veho had done nothing but pack weight on himself once taking Rook up on his offer, and his bulk showed for it. He was a wolf made for stamina, and this much was obvious.

Once she had finished explaining what she felt were her talents, the alpha dipped his head, stepping forward to greet the woman, as well. “Do excuse my lateness,” he rumbled softly, though more for his packmate’s benefit than the stranger’s, “I was but on the far border. I am Merlin, Lord of Grizzly Hollow – Wacipi’s partner in this.”

Perhaps they would be able to talk later – the queen had started with excellent questions, he did think, and thus was acknowledged with a small bob of his head. But before they allowed the woman among them, he had a query of his own.

“We would benefit from either a scout or a hunter – or even a diplomat, if you are as clever as you claim to be. But first, I would know what you value. What do you seek in your packmates? Grizzly Hollow is a family – what does that mean to you?”

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Inactive II. Subordinate
Yvly Doramor

Posting before @Jynx with permission from Trix. @Veho

As the tawny female had been speaking Wacipi's leading counterpart arrived, swathed in greys, silvers and a bit of brown, silver eyes scrutinizing her. She dipped her head respectfully to the side at his apology, accepting it even though she didn't need to show it. It was just so easy to slip back into old habits of pretending to be someone she wasn't. That was another of her greatest skills, but not really one utilizable by a pack, unless they wished her to delve into enemy territory. Very unlikely, even in the far future if she did get accepted.

Tawny ears perked up as Merlin spoke again, showing her interest in what he had to say. Saying she could be a diplomat was a nice thought, but she didn't have the required life experience to be one, however she did have enough to be a suitable scout and get out of unwarranted situations. Yvly pursed her lips slightly at the grey leader's probing question. What did she value? Obviously her own liberty and freedom, but she wasn't against assisting another in need, especially if it would benefit her in the long run. How could she put that into words that weren't cheesy or untrue?

She would not be speaking with complete probity but then again, how true were the words of most wolves who sought out acceptance into a pack? Now glancing at Merlin's chin and chest area, Yvly thought over her words for a moment before slowly opening her jaws. This could very well decide if she was accepted or not. "Family, for me, comes first above all other things," she started off with, that most likely going to be the truest words she would now speak. "I was taught that from a young age, and it has stuck with me to this day. Nothing is more important than family because, without it, a wolf would be alone and dependent on the kindness of strangers." She supposed that wasn't a bad thing, but what would happen if there was no kindness from others? "Family means protecting those who can't protect themselves, and if I am accepted into Grizzly Hollow, I will try my best to look after everyone in the pack in return for the sanctuary you have given me."

381 words

Yvly Doramor

Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

Patiently, she stood and awaited the loner's response. Now that she had a name to go with her face, she would address Crystal as such. A small lifting of the corners of her lips showed the signs of a small smile, pleased with the answer. Crystal seemed like she would make for a dedicated, hard working member of the pack. She had just begun to part her jaws to speak, when Veho's own voice, paired with a question of his own, stopped her. She had not noticed the gold and gray male until now, too focused on the task at hand, assessing the prospective addition before her. Yet his arrival was not at all unwelcomed. As he came to settle by her side, she offered him a warm, curious glance, paired with a friendly wag of her still raised tail.

Jynx was in fact, grateful that he had managed to show up with the timing he did. While not at all lacking in confidence in her new role, she found that having a second opinion, to back her own up, was most beneficial. So far he was proving to be a reliable team mate. His question was a good one, she reasoned, and with cupped ears, she listened attentively to what Crystal had to say. Family, is what she valued first and foremost. As much as Jynx would have loved to relate and share such a value, as an orphan who had never known her true parents, she did not exactly grow up in a family atmosphere. Instead, she was raised by a single wolf, her adoptive father who she came to see as the closest thing to family she would know. Inwardly, she sighed. Perhaps one day she would do the impossible and be able to raise a family of her own. She was reminded of the trials of which Rook and Quil had undergone this year; the birth of their son, and the decline and passing of the noble Patriarch. Her heart went out to them.

After Crystal had finished, Jynx shared another glance with Veho, before turning her eyes back to the reddish colored female. "After what I have heard, Crystal, I see no reason not to accept you into Grizzly Hollow..." She said with a small smile, but paused to share a inquiring look with Veho, to confirm if he indeed, did feel the same. If their opinion matched, then Crystal would be welcomed with open arms.
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

The stranger gave herself a moment to think, and the alpha accepted this with a small hum, one ear drifting sideways. Wacipi was spared another curious look – she’d probably been able to handle this all on her own, had he not been able to travel across the territory in time. A perfectly capable wolf, who’d grown much since he’d assisted her in healing a sprained leg. But that was not why he’d come; it had little to do with the interim queen of Grizzly Hollow. It was for memory and respect of Rook, to make sure everything was just so when the lord returned, and that every decision made could be explained with utmost confidence. For the pack.

Cupped ears tipped again when the stranger found her words, and the lord gave Crystal his utmost attention. She seemed to say all the right things, all the things he wanted for the wolves of this pack, and his chest swelled. To be so kvell with his pack and allies; this was true fulfillment. As his counterpart spoke up, he inclined his head towards her and hummed softly.

“I am inclined to agree with my lady here,” he hummed softly, acknowledging Jynx’s status. His tail swung behind him as he bobbed his head. “We welcome you among the ranks of the Grizzly Hollow wolves – we will look after you as one of our own from now on.” The fur crinkled around his eyes. “You are free to enter, and meet your future packmates. Perhaps Wacipi would be inclined to show you the pack down, as well as our cache?”

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Inactive II. Subordinate
Yvly Doramor

One more post each from all of us. I'll do the honours of fading the thread <3 @Jynx @Veho

After her spiel Yvly stood back silently as she awaited the final verdict from the two leaders before her. To say she was counting on them to accept her into Grizzly Hollow was an understatement; if they didn't she had no idea what she would do next. Winter was already upon the land, a clear indicator to all lone wolves to have already found a safe haven to reside in, not a time to go searching for one. She may not spoken the complete truth in her plea to join, but none of her words had been an outright lie... they had just been exaggerated slightly.

Tawny ears were perked almost excitedly when Wacipi voiced her affirmation of allowing the tawny female to be allowed acceptance into the pack. But just one yes wouldn't do; both leaders needed to agree, and so she waited longer with bated breath, risking a glance at Merlin's jawline as to get an idea of what he was thinking. The grey and brown leader seemed pleased, if what she concluded from his posture and expression was correct. He then spoke, saying that he agreed with Wacipi. Yvly felt relief wash throughout her body as he continued speaking. She was in. That meant no more worrying about when she would get her next meal or always having to be on the lookout for danger.

The tawny female held a genuine smile on her face for once. No longer was she hiding behind a façade she had created for herself. She was too happy to hide what she really felt. "Thank you for allowing me into your pack," Yvly said softly, dark amber eyes shining with a happiness that hadn't been there for quite some time. "Miss Wacipi and Sir Merlin," she added swiftly as an afterthought. If she was going to address her leaders respectfully, she would to it properly.

314 words

Yvly Doramor