(See All?) Announcements
580 Users Online
Google, Bing, Aven

why not heal the world? — Grizzly Hollow 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Ace who has 462 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

There was no doubt some luck had played a role in the health of the Grizzly Hollow wolves, but Veho felt there was much more to it than that. When founding the pack, Rook had chosen a wise place, with access to fresh water and food year round. The cedar trees provided them with natural defenses against ticks and fleas – and perhaps most importantly, the entire pack had worked over the season to make sure everyone was fed and cared for.

And all at once, the medic felt a bit foolish for asking the question when Lily gave her answer.

She didn’t have to speak of it, he supposed, but he still felt a hollow echo in his heart for the betrayal, the loss of love she thought she’d found. He reached over to bump her gentle, trying to offer a silent show of support, but oh-- He knew it was worth very little.

“I am sorry to hear it did not work out for you,” he murmured softly, pale eyes searching her face. At least she was safe now – no harm would come to her as long as she remained within the borders of Grizzle Hollow. “—what happened to the pups?”

[Image: vehopix_by_euphoriclies-d98a201.png]
Played by Silvia who has 164 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Amaryllis Azalea
The pups, what happened to the pups? Repeated in her head after he asked it. What had happened to her pups, after she had left them in the care of another? "I do not know. I left them with someone I trusted, because I feared for their lives if they stayed with him any longer. I meant to go back to them but I..." Her words trailed off as she recalled just why she gave the pups to another. A sadness had settled in her eyes and her shoulders had tilted downwards, as if a weight had been placed there. Even though she generally didn't speak of her past, yet somehow Veho had managed to find the one pressure point that would get to her, no matter what. “It is why he got angry enough to attack me, finally. Because I hid them from him. And I did not go to them because I feared he would follow me to them. And I didn't wish to endanger my friend any further nor draw attention to where my pups were. I was just lucky someone found me and tended to my wound before anything more serious happened.” A packmate had found her and managed to stop the bleeding but when word got out as to what had happened, she had been cast out. Her ears had dropped as well as she spoke. His silent support made her feel somewhat better but she still felt terrible for what had become of her life. What had become of her pups? Had they all grown up happy and healthy? Had they wondered who the woman was, at the edge of their foggy memories? Her friend had promised to tell them about her, if she never made it back but being there and stories were two totally different things.

However, determination fills her out and she soon shakes her pelt out and holds her head up a little higher then before. She had to move on with her life, as she had done before. Yes, she was allowed to have momments of despair and anguish, like this moment but to keep dwelling in the past would do her and everyone else in the pack no good. She found Veho’s eyes, her eyes still somewhat sad but they were full of life as well. “I like to find my pups but they've surely grown up by now without me and have moved on. What has been done has been done. And I would like to help out with your pups when they come, with all that I can.” A tilt of her head would hopefully encourage Veho to continue to show her where the cache may be, as was originally intended.

"Oh and before I forget, please feel free to call me Amaryllis. That is my true name." Part of her also wanted to get off the subject of her past and her pups, even if there was still a gentle ache that was always in her heart.
(This post was last modified: Mar 11, 2016, 01:57 PM by Amaryllis. Edit Reason: Grammar/spelling. )
[Image: ama_sig_by_becuffin-db825cv.png]
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo

The male fell back into silence, allowing the budding medic to slowly explain more of her tale. While he wasn’t sure what he had expected, the man found some relief in the notion that his packmate hadn’t simply abandoned her pups once faced with adversity. She had brought them somewhere safer – how could the man she feared ever find their children if she couldn’t tell him where they had gone? “A hard sacrifice to make,” Veho acknowledged, stretching out his muzzle to comfort the woman with a gentle touch. “But one made with the safety and happiness of your children in mind. I am sure your friend will explain to them the circumstance when the opportunity presented itself. And if the time is ever right, I am certain the Ancestors will cross your paths, and you might find them again when your paws show you the way.

But she hadn’t come here for a lesson on those before them and their teachings, Veho scolded himself silently. If she were interested in the Ancestors and their ways. If she were, she would ask.

Until then, he’d continued their lesson. “As you wish,” he hummed, turning to resume their walk to the the medical cache. “The pack is in the habit of using monikers for one another outside the territory – as you’ve seen, I am called Merlin unless among friends. Would you like for your moniker to remain Lily, or shall we chose one a bit more legendary?” he asked, halting once they got to the opening. He motioned to the opening with his dark nose. “Here we are – you will find the cache to the scarce now, but I hope to change that once the weather turns. I would ask that you keep to the general pattern of organization, if you do not mind. Is there any other question that springs to mind immediately?”

Oof, sorry for the slowness. Maybe we can start wrapping up/have a different thread with more foraging?
Inactive No Rank
Amaryllis Azalea
That's fine. Maybe a post or two more to wrap up and then we can start a foraging thread?
“I hope that we shall cross paths again one day and that they do not hold anything of ill intent against me.” she murmured, becoming curious about these Ancestors that Veho spoke of. She was not an overly religious woman herself but it still didn't abide her curiosity when others spoke of their own God(s). But she supposed those were questions for another time, as they resumed their walk to the medical cache. Which turned out to take only a few moments more.  

Amaryllis listened closely as he explained the monikers that were used outside of the packs and she now understood the different names that had been first handed to her, upon meeting Yvly and Veho for the first time.  

“I cannot think of another suitable name for now, so Lily will suffice till then.” Unless Veho truly wanted her to change her moniker this instant, Amaryllis would stick with Lily until something stronger wandered into her head. “Unless you have a suggestion?” She would not refuse to listen to a suggestion if Veho gave her one and if it was well liked, it wouldn't be hard to test it out. She had only told a few wolves of her current moniker and the rest were her pack so most on the outside would assume Lily was her actual name and she doubted her packmates would call her out on it.

As he gestured towards it, Amaryllis studied the cache before them, taking note of how it is organised so not to mess it up in the future. Like Veho had said, it was quite scarce and would need to be filled in the coming months.“Perhaps if you are not needed after this, we may go foraging for some early buds?” She offered, eager to begin filling the cache. It would not be hard to do at all and even if not, they could find some spots where herbs could grow in future, it would be good.

(This post was last modified: Mar 27, 2016, 06:20 AM by Amaryllis.)
Inactive No Rank
Veho Macieo
One more post from you and we can call it good?  Maybe you can start the next one?  Sorry it took me so long to finish this.  :<

“How do you feel about Fay?  A healer, like yourself.”

Named after a fabled healer would certainly give Amaryllis something to strive for, he thought.  The suggestion was given with a wag of his tail, but he would not be hurt if she declined the idea.  She was free to chose whatever moniker she felt suited her the best.

Allowing her a moment to observe the den dug out years ago (and since adopted by Veho upon his arrival to Grizzly Hollow), he huffed softly.  His cache had been nothing short of a library of local flora before that blasted porcupine had feasted upon all the plants he and Titan had so painstakingly collected all summer and autumn long.  Thoughts lingered on the other healer hopeful for a moment, and he allowed himself a spare thought to ask the Ancestors to watch over the blue-eyed boy, wherever he’d gotten off to.

“Unfortunately, I must see to the borders once we finish here.  Your idea is a fine one, however.  Perhaps we could meet in the next couple of days?  It will allow a bit more melt, and I suspect we would have better luck with our foraging,” Veho rumbled, stepping back to glance across the river bed.  No signs of life.  Yet.  “But you have reminded me, I best be off.  I look forward to foraging soon, friend.”

Inactive No Rank
Amaryllis Azalea
"Fay," she tested the name, allowing it roll around on her tongue and see how it felt. It felt nice. And a name suited for a healer huh? Well, that would suit her and the ambitions she had for herself. "I like it. I shall use it from now on. The only wolves who I know and know me are those within the pack, so it should not be hard to integrate and use when I'm out of pack borders." And she wondered when and where she would run into others. She felt like using her new name this instant but knew it might not happen for some time. And she wondered about his comment about the name being legendary. Was his name and hers characters from some fable be had grown up with? It mattered little to her but she was simply curious.

But questions would be kept for later, when Veho had time as he explains he was needed at the borders, in response to her question and Amaryllis completely understood. He was leader and thus he needed to keep check on the land that was his. She bowed her head to him, swinging her tail slightly.

"I gladly await the time we can do so."

{Finish}