356 Users Online
Bing, Google

Who needs me anyway? — Nightingale Palisade 
Print · · Subscribe · 0 Loves ·
Played by Jenandra who has 438 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn
OOC: <3

At last her patience and perseverance was rewarded. The other woman's head dipped gently in acceptance, and Raela's ears pricked in anticipation of what would no doubt be a lengthy tale. The first thing that struck her was the very young age the loner must have been at in the beginning; and already Raela pitied her. She'd come across quite a few wayward yearlings in her time, but wayward pups was another thing altogether. The young lady from the day before was perhaps the most extreme example she could call upon in memory. However, Ari had disappeared before that age, and perhaps she was still roaming the lands. The story moved on, seemingly much less filled with drama and tragedy than the Queen had guessed. 

At the pause in her speech Raela met the woman's eyes with markably eased nerves. Instinctively her muzzle turned down in a gentle nod. She'd understood. With that confirmation the stranger went on, and it seemed that this was the part of the story where things got truly trying. As the girl indicated the location of the injury, the matriarchs golden eyes followed with interest, but found nothing visibly wrong with the spot. Long healed, most likely, and internal anyway. She was glad to hear that again the foreigner had been taken in, but the tone of her words didn't speak of blue skies and happiness. This too, had to have gone sour, for her to be languishing in sorrow by the riverbank. 

“My partner and I had our differences,” she smiled a little deep inside, in spite of the situation. Gent and her had certainly dealt with that problem in the beginning, but it was not the same for this girl. As the tale concluded, Raela's expression softened even further. She really was lost, wasn't she. The Crest wolf's interest piqued though, as the loner went on, getting to the root of the problem without any prodding. Purpose, what a funny thing, she mused, watching the younger female turn away. Raela took a breath, mouth parting ever so slightly. Now here was something she could truly relate to. Again a tiny smile wanted to emerge onto her ivory maw but she held it back. It was not the time. 

Instead, she had words to give. Rae only hoped they didn't sound pretentious. "Purpose is usually one of those things that finds you." She offered gently; mind already humming with what to say next. Perhaps if she could offer up her own tale, it wouldn't seem so much like empty preaching. Her eyes fell away. "I- I was chased out of my pack at two," it was hardly anything compared to how young this one must have been when she was first alone, but it was hopefully comforting on some level. "The only thing they let me do there was watch puppies as lowest, and I certainly didn't fit in." It was really much more than she was letting on, but it would suffice for now. This wasn't about her. "I was taken in by another one too, eventually." Her tone deflated a little; it had been so very long... But the older woman brightened then. "Now I'm an Alpha, but that's not what I would call my purpose."

Now the grin emerged subtly at the corners of her lips. Maybe it was a sort of awkward thing to say, but it flowed from her tongue anyway. "I like helping people," she started gently, looking at her own feet before glancing up again. "And maybe that means I can catch them food, or maybe it means I can patrol their borders, or be their council, or their leader," she paused a second, trying to tie it all together. With any luck the stranger was catching on by now. "But I didn't decide that one day; it was already happening by the time I figured it out." The older woman smiled to herself. "But if you asked me a year ago I'd have no idea."
(This post was last modified: Feb 25, 2016, 02:33 PM by Raela.)
            [Image: 1HGS6dy.png]
[Image: AsFM155.png]
Played by Trix who has 331 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin

Jynx remained silent after her speech, wondering what the woman's reaction would be. She stared at the muddied, snow covered ground with her eyes, her face un-readable. Then, @Raela responded with words of her own. Rust tinged ears perked slightly, absorbing the first sentence. How could purpose find her? Was she trying too hard? Maybe, but the greater issue here, was that Jynx was still struggling to find the right pack, if any, she would fit into. Slowly she lifted her eyes back up to meet the strangers face as she began a tale of her own.

Chased from her own pack...her own family. Her ears flattened, dandelion eyes softening in a moment of sympathy. At least she had had a pack to grow up in, even if it was not a very kind childhood. Jynx honestly didn't know what her upbringing would have been like, had she been into a normal pack. She still may have chosen to take the lifestyle of a loner, a much more preferable option to the life @Raela had been forced to live. "...That's a horrible start in life. It isn't fair...no one deserves such an upbringing." She said in a low, quiet voice. Jynx still had a heart, however marred by bitterness it may be. She drew in a slight breath, looking the tawny woman over when she mentioned that she was an Alpha, and had her own pack now. Part of her wanted to tense, but her more trusting side won out. This kind hearted, understanding stranger certainly didn't fit the typical Alpha stereotype. Her subordinates must really look up to her. She thought to herself, only to have her spirit dampened again at the possibility of how the wolves back in Grizzly Hollow must see her now.

Setting her jaw firm somewhat, Jynx pushed those thoughts aside. That chapter of her life was behind her, and now, she focused on what the woman was saying. It all made sense, and she perfectly understood what the Queen was getting at. Her facial expression softened, and as much as she wanted to agree and smile, she only knew half of the story, so far. "I suppose it takes time...sometimes longer than we'd like, to find our own little nook..." She trailed off lightly. "I worry that I won't....that is my fear." She admitted with soft eyes, ears falling back. "I often wonder if pack life is even suited for me at all..." In those last words, in her voice, was a hint that there was more to her story than what she had offered. But wished not to discuss it. Somewhat more optimistic, but still wary of getting in too good a mood, she changed the topic slightly. "Your pack must be very lucky to have you. I'm sure you are quite the admirable figure there." She complimented, having no idea of course, that the Crest was falling apart at the seams.
Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn
OOC: We can fade with our next two posts?

The sympathy was welcomed, and Raela acknowledged the words through eye-contact. But her speech went on, and bit by bit she watched as the loner's cadence softened. Raela's ears were almost straining to catch the response, and when it finally came her smile grew warmer. Still, the younger woman was worried that it would never happen, to which Raela already had a retort. The Queen held her tongue though, allowing her new company to finish. The things she was saying now were important; whatever Raela tried to explain had to be unraveled and understood on her own time. The uneasiness about pack life had her damaged ear tilting back gingerly. Perhaps this one's mind could be changed... 

The gracious complement had the Crest wolf closing her eyes and lowering her muzzle a bit. A soft chuff flowed from her coal black nose in reply. Was she? "I don't know," she relented modestly, "but thank you." I try... Her tone was sincere and her tail set into quiet motion. If she was so great, why had everyone started to leave? Remembering one of her original reasons for this encounter, as well as the things she wanted to say from before, the matriarch blinked away for a second to gather them all into something coherent. "I think it's a bit early to be counting yourself out," she began, sunny orbs glancing up and down the stranger's body with a  grin. She was so young still; too young to be certain of such heavy things. 

Raela drew another breath. "and my pack would be happy to have you if you want to try again." The offer shone clearly in her honeyed eyes, brows raised in question. 
(This post was last modified: Feb 26, 2016, 06:20 PM by Raela.)
Played by Trix who has 331 posts.
Inactive No Rank
Jynx Myrddin
Works fine for me!

While she might have been a little too quick to judge, only going by first impressions, it was the Queen's demeanor and understanding that already earned her some respect. But of course, Jynx knew nothing of Round Stone Crest. Who @Raela's partner was, the morals of the pack, where they were located. And of course, their numbers. She would never know how good of an Alpha (or not) this wolf was, if she wasn't there among her own ranks to see for herself how she handled her role. 

Resigned, Jynx rose to her feet, sighing softly. Bright yellow eyes glinted, a new spark of determination setting in at @Raela's words. "You're right. I just got...overwhelmed, that's all. Let my emotions get the better of me." Her tail stirred to life, slowly swishing at her heels. She broke eye contact for a moment, staring out across the length of the river. Lost in a fond memory. "Besides, my mentor wouldn't want to see me give up so easily." She turned back to the woman, a faint smile on her dark lips now. "He taught me better than that." Surely no one here in Relic Lore knew her mentors identity as her adoptive father. It was just as well, for Jynx was not quite ready to go on another speel of emotion.

The offer she knew she should have been expecting then came. Her brows drew up gently in slight surprise, mouth parting slightly. So, this was destined to be a one time encounter with a stranger after all. Shaking her head as if to overcome the initial surprise, Jynx hummed softly. "That's...quite kind of you. Especially after listening to my emotional roller coaster." Taking the initiative, she stepped forward, an air of friendliness now present in her body language for the first time. "And it would be rude of me not to accept. Who knows, I might find the fresh start I am looking for there." With the offer accepted, the fire coated woman ducked her head down in a display of submission at chest level to the Queen's. "Oh...and allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jynx Dirol..." She offered. She had taken her mothers surname, instead of her fathers, for he had insisted upon it. As for her first name...it was given as a symbol of her parents ill fortune. But that didn't necessarily mean that it had to be passed on to her. She would see that it wasn't.
Inactive No Rank
Raela Lieris Asurn
The similarly-pelted woman's words were heartening. She had succeeded in bolstering the younger wolf's spirits, and that was enough to make Raela smile. Her tail mirrored the action of the stranger's, slowing as she heard something about an old mentor. While the Crest Queen had no idea who this wolf might have been or where they were, she was happy to see her company brighten at the mention of him. She nodded in agreement – it was always better to keep trying, even if Raela herself had trouble remembering that sometimes. She was no stranger to being overwhelmed by it all by any standard. 

The young woman's reaction to her offer seemed to mirror Sylva's at first; shock and even gratitude perhaps. It made Raela eager to hear the words she knew had to be fighting to escape the other wolf's mouth. She waited; ears cupped intensely while the female seemed to consider it more seriously. The matriarch was quiet, allowing her to step forward and continue speaking. It gradually became clear that she was accepting, and to that the older woman rose. Her grin deepened; tail swaying in the chill air once more. As the foreigner displayed submission, a few syllables drifted into the air. "I certainly hope you do." That was the idea after all; to offer a fresh start, a new chance. Sometimes that's all one needed. It was all Raela had needed... 

The glowing happiness in her chest swelled at the mention of the girl's name. Bowing her head courteously, she returned the introduction. "Raela." For her last name dare not be uttered aloud. It was something she'd much rather forget and bury beneath the earth. Taking a couple strides forward, she brushed her fur against Jynx's to mark her as family. As she walked by, the Queen turned to face her new recruit once more. "Let's get you back to Round Stone Crest shall we?" Her grin was wide and beaming with the reveal of her pack's name. This was a great boon for the pack; two new members in mere days. Things were finally looking up. 

-Fade-